• Network: NBC
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 18, 2006
8.3

1. RenataP
    Nov 2, 2008
    I can`t believe this show was canceled!
  2. MaryB
    Oct 30, 2006
    Intelligent, balanced, personal.
  3. BenB
    Oct 6, 2006
    -Some of Sorkin's best work, S60 is clever, witty, dramtic and funny, often at the same time. It's also an ensemble of fantastic actors who have been given interesting characters to explore. I can't wait to see how things unravel... I hope this show is given a chance to find an audience!
  4. JeffM
    Sep 18, 2006
    Great! Sorkin and Schlamme can do now wrong. How can you not like this cast?
  5. WadeT
    Sep 19, 2006
    Pleasantly surprised. I found the elevating of what seems to be an unimportant (compared to West Wing) area to be quite plausible. Also, who knew that Matthew Perry was that good. Will be watching, and I normally don't watch television much these days.
  6. MikeB
    Sep 19, 2006
    As a die-hard West Wing fan I didn't know what was going to fill that void. Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip (not a fan of the title) will cater to an intelligent audience who appreciate great writing and an impressive ensemble cast. Thank you Sorkin!
  7. Dec 28, 2012
    Excellent show. As another user stated "I can`t believe this show was canceled!", exactly my sentiment's. It's that good. Why oh why do the Hollywood powers that be never seem to get it? This one was a winner. Hopefully Matthew Perry will return to being funny in his next creation - 'Go On simply ain't cutting it for me.
  8. Nancy
    Oct 2, 2006
    Excellent Show !
  9. C.B.
    Oct 4, 2006
    Best show since Sorkin left WW.
  10. Marcia
    Oct 6, 2006
    Liked this show better than any other new series this season. Surely hope that it makes it past the negative comments, which, I might add, are in the minority.
  11. CodeC
    Oct 9, 2006
    Outstanding show.
  12. JoyF
    Sep 27, 2006
    This is a well put together series thus far. I am impressed with the acting, dialog, and plot. The movement of the way it is filmed is also very smart.
  13. JimB
    Feb 20, 2007
    This show is terrific. I love Amand Peet, Bradley Whitford, Matthew Perry, Steven Weber & Sarah Paulson's interacations. One of the best shows on TV!!! Without a doubt, one of the best shows on NBC.
  14. AnaZ.
    Oct 5, 2008
    The greatest show ever. Incredible cast. Great plots and struggles. It's prolific, funny and strong, powerful. And I'm really sad (and angry) it did not make it to the next season. It should be on for a while. At least five seasons. I love you all who participated in creating it. You've done a great job. Now... make it come back.
  15. dcasey
    Oct 16, 2006
    one of the best new shows this year, imo. And a great replacement for West Wing. I'm glad to see that the folks from that show are back with such a good vehicle.
  16. DonnaZ
    Oct 10, 2006
    I'm extremely impressed with this show. The writing is rapid fire and smart, likewise for the performances. You care about the characters and the situations with which they deal. I've worked in broadcasting for 29 years (though not in sketch comedy) and I think Sorkin's nailed it. My favorite show of the season. NBC, this one needs to stick around. Wait until Emmy time, if I'm extremely impressed with this show. The writing is rapid fire and smart, likewise for the performances. You care about the characters and the situations with which they deal. I've worked in broadcasting for 29 years (though not in sketch comedy) and I think Sorkin's nailed it. My favorite show of the season. NBC, this one needs to stick around. Wait until Emmy time, if you don't believe me. Expand
  17. MichealH
    Oct 24, 2006
    Studio 60 is an excellent show. The actors are incredible; yes, all of them!! The thing I like most about the show is that it feels "believable"; I believe the characters' passion for this "sketch comedy hour"; I believe the love-story between two co-workers that "just won't die"; and I believe the frustrations of each character as they struggle with their lives both personally Studio 60 is an excellent show. The actors are incredible; yes, all of them!! The thing I like most about the show is that it feels "believable"; I believe the characters' passion for this "sketch comedy hour"; I believe the love-story between two co-workers that "just won't die"; and I believe the frustrations of each character as they struggle with their lives both personally and professionally. Tonight's episode (October 23rd) with the young actor showing his parents around the studio (and explaining in detail every area) was heart-breaking. I actually found myself crying as I watched him try to "connect" with his parents, especially his father. He so badly wanted to be "accepted" for what he does; not belittled for it. Now how many of us have been through similar experiences? Or, at the very least, known someone who has?? Or the piece with Timothy Busfield connecting with the elderly gentleman (who they believed had Alzheimers), only to find out not only had he fought in WW II, but had been a writer himself. Classic, Classic. Expand
  18. DaveM
    Sep 20, 2006
    Not nearly as good as I had hoped...several cast members, especially Amanda Peet and whoever was playing Matt Perry's old flame, failed to impress. And Sorkin's got to get off his soapbox, the preaching morality is getting way, way old.
  19. JileneL
    Sep 20, 2006
    Funny and gets better and better!
  20. NancyH
    Sep 20, 2006
    Pilot was outstanding--quite the surprise that it sends up TV--like NBC(S). Great pace and writing. Am not a fan of Matthew Perry's but he's actually right for this role. The most unbelievable character is Amanda Peet--yes, she's confident and daring but the script didn't give us any hints as to how she is this way so young and so assured. Or is she just winging it? Pilot was outstanding--quite the surprise that it sends up TV--like NBC(S). Great pace and writing. Am not a fan of Matthew Perry's but he's actually right for this role. The most unbelievable character is Amanda Peet--yes, she's confident and daring but the script didn't give us any hints as to how she is this way so young and so assured. Or is she just winging it? Hope it develops her character more. Bravo, Expand
  21. BlakeP
    Sep 29, 2006
    wounderful show!
  22. LitaB.
    Nov 7, 2007
    Although Aaron Sorkin has a weird take on the Brits (who doesn't? Mad, bad, interbred snobs the lot of us) speaking as one of them I have loved everthing he has written from the opening moments of Sports Night to the last second of Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip.
  23. Rebecca
    Jul 8, 2007
    every second was worth watching... !
  24. MarinaT
    Oct 8, 2008
    One of the best shows I've ever seen with terrific actors and a great script.
  25. PerryY
    Nov 1, 2006
    I can't believe all the comments coming from those giving low scores. Sorkin's shows have always highlighted their characters to be the best at what they do and how smart they are and this show is no different. The witty one liners are consistent and entertaining. The scale is clearly different than running a country, but within the scope of running a sketch show, it is just right.
  26. DeniseMarieK
    Oct 1, 2006
    very very smart amanda peet's character is wonderful the new power is ...smart with humor
  27. JohnH
    Oct 10, 2006
    Best new program, clearly. I'm curious why NBC put it opposite CSI Miami, though. Hope NBC doesn't get skittish, they have nothing better.
  28. NikyH
    Oct 1, 2006
    This show is clever, funny and brings and excellent observation on what television has become, a must see.
  29. JLitten
    Oct 10, 2006
    Aaron Sorkin makes a triumphant return to television!
  30. timg
    Oct 20, 2006
    finally! A TV show where the writing is important.

1. There are more than a few well-made dramas this season, but "Studio 60" -- with its intelligent dialogue, ironic humor, brilliant acting and Schlamme's inspired direction -- lays claim to being the most exciting new show of the season.
  2. Sorkin brings the same intensity and political sensibilities to the story.
  3. Here's hoping that the strong whiff of sanctimony in the pilot of "Studio 60" is blown away by fresh air in future episodes.