Supernatural : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Sep 13, 2005
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
8.9

1. Jul 17, 2016
    Repetitive, boring, falsely advertising scares, and the only redeeming factor would be the leads' looks. This show has no actual original content, as it's formula has been done before and better before by Buffy, Angel, and The X-Files. Not to mention all of its "story lines" are incredibly lame.
  2. Jul 15, 2016
    I only accidentally got started watching Supernatural a few years ago. It must have already been on at least season 7 when I watched the first episode on a whim, but I quickly caught up. I'm not exactly the target demographic, being a guy who just turned 30, but it's still an entertaining show.

Yeah, a lot of episodes wind up reaching really hard by the end and some of the stuff is goofy, but when an episode hits, it hits dead on, like the episode where Sam and Dean wind up at a Supernatural convention.
  3. Jul 13, 2016
    The first couple of seasons were unique but after that it got to a point where EVERY SEASON IS LITERALLY THE SAME. New bad guys arise - Sam and Dean are too weak to kill them - Filler episodes - Something happens and they actually beat the bad guys - End of season. Also the obligatory bromance in the end of each episode persists throughout the seasons... I managed to watch till mid seasonThe first couple of seasons were unique but after that it got to a point where EVERY SEASON IS LITERALLY THE SAME. New bad guys arise - Sam and Dean are too weak to kill them - Filler episodes - Something happens and they actually beat the bad guys - End of season. Also the obligatory bromance in the end of each episode persists throughout the seasons... I managed to watch till mid season 10, but at this point I asked myself what the hell I'm doing with my life and stopped watching... Expand
  4. Jun 2, 2016
    Best supernatural show ever... awesome story, characters, jokes... just everything is bloody awesome. Its not just a show for girls who like handsome boys its actually pretty complex with good plot....
  5. May 28, 2016
    I love this show and its plot twists, angels, demons, war in heaven, purgatory and the whole nine yards. One problem is that everyone in this show seems to have a drinking problem. Another problem is that the way they get away with posing as FBI agents or CDC is not believable.
  6. May 13, 2016
    Supernatural has had its bumps over the past 11 seasons, its characters deaths just to keep an average story on its toes, while the past two seasons (10,11) has been a breath of fresh air with new story arcs, very like-able characters and the whole unpredictability of the script. Sam and Dean face many challenges, but it doesn't challenge the fact that Supernatural is the longest runningSupernatural has had its bumps over the past 11 seasons, its characters deaths just to keep an average story on its toes, while the past two seasons (10,11) has been a breath of fresh air with new story arcs, very like-able characters and the whole unpredictability of the script. Sam and Dean face many challenges, but it doesn't challenge the fact that Supernatural is the longest running show on The CW.. and its deserved.

7. Nov 26, 2015
    A great horror ، drama ، brotherhood TV show with all kind of monsters such as vampires ، ghosts ، demons and etc.
    Best Cw's show ...
    And great actors...
    With a creative writer...
  8. Jun 23, 2015
    The lore is trash, the acting is sub par at best, the writing is just plain bad most of the time, plot doesn't ever really go anywhere, anybody that is even a little bit interesting is killed off, oh and Sam and Dean are huge douche bags. They are two of the most unlikable characters I have ever seen in anything. All in all the show is not great, but for some reason I still watch it.The lore is trash, the acting is sub par at best, the writing is just plain bad most of the time, plot doesn't ever really go anywhere, anybody that is even a little bit interesting is killed off, oh and Sam and Dean are huge douche bags. They are two of the most unlikable characters I have ever seen in anything. All in all the show is not great, but for some reason I still watch it. Normally I'll binge watch a season once it's done, it's kinda of a guilty pleasure,I call it intellectual slumming. Expand
  9. Jun 19, 2015
    It's a fairly good show, but there are times when I feel the show is overly repetitive. I can't binge watch this show, but watching it every once in awhile is great. I like the characters and some of the story lines are good. I've only watched through the 8th season, but I'd recommend it to a friend. It's a super funny show with just enough suspense to keep me happy.
  10. Apr 21, 2015
    I love this show. It's got everything. My favourite part is the chemistry between the two leads - you can't fake that connection. Love the way they travel the country hunting demons, not letting the demons come to them, a la Buffy. Satisfying viewing, trust me.
  11. Mar 28, 2015
    I purchased this first season on DVD having heard a number of positive reviews and while the opening episodes are certainly entertaining enough I wasn't initially hooked on the show. Still I decided to stick with it and am now very glad I did as once the characters and mythology of the show have had time to develop this is top notch entertainment, making for unmissable viewing in laterI purchased this first season on DVD having heard a number of positive reviews and while the opening episodes are certainly entertaining enough I wasn't initially hooked on the show. Still I decided to stick with it and am now very glad I did as once the characters and mythology of the show have had time to develop this is top notch entertainment, making for unmissable viewing in later series.

Supernatural follows the demon-hunting exploits of brothers Dean and Sam following the death of Sam's college girlfriend. Much like The X-Files Supernatural contains a mixture of standalone and mythology episodes and while the mysterious plots are certainly interesting this is never a show that takes itself too seriously. In the majority of episodes this show is simply out to entertain the viewer and it is very rare that it does not deliver on that goal.
  12. Feb 11, 2015
    Honestly, I did not think I was going to like this show. However, It has swiftly become one of my favorite shows. I love the main characters and how they are very humorous throughout the seasons. I love how sometimes they move from the main storyline to side stories almost like "side missions". The episodes are very well put together and some of them pull on the heart strings a bit. IHonestly, I did not think I was going to like this show. However, It has swiftly become one of my favorite shows. I love the main characters and how they are very humorous throughout the seasons. I love how sometimes they move from the main storyline to side stories almost like "side missions". The episodes are very well put together and some of them pull on the heart strings a bit. I recommend this show to anyone who likes any thing in the fantasy/fictional genre. Expand
  13. Jan 13, 2015
    This is my favorite tv show by far, I always make plans around supernatural so I can watch it live! Even though I've already seen every episode... Twice... I still come back and watch it again! (I even bought the DVDs so I can watch the gag reel and deleted scenes.)
  14. Dec 10, 2014
    Great show ! Its unique and there is somthing really different about this show , its like an addiction when you start watchin it and like it , you can't stop
  15. Nov 4, 2014
    Oh supernatural….. Where do I begin?! This show follows two brothers that fight demons…. Okay so this show has the worst acting, the most unoriginal plots and monsters, and its just terrible! I don't know what else to say! The only reason why this has been on for 9 seasons is because of fangirls who's ovaries explode every time jensen ackles or jared padlecki move a **** muscle!
  16. Oct 19, 2014
    Seasons 1 and 2 were good, 3-6 were amazing, 7-9 were a let down and not very good and 10 so far has been very good.
    8/10 because it slipped in quality for a few seasons.
  17. Oct 16, 2014
    This show is definitely one of the greatest "scifi & roadtrip" TV-Show´s of the last years. Sure sometimes it seems to have poorly scripted episodes, but the bigger story, behind the classified "filler" episodes is worth seeing the show.
  18. Oct 2, 2014
    Первый сезон, как часто бывает с сериалами, прекрасен во всех смыслах. Каждая серия имеет свою изюминку и не дает заскучать зрителю.
  19. Oct 1, 2014
    I am halfway through the first season of this show and I'm totally in love with it. Its perfect. I've even got my boyfriend saying he liked it! Its very entertaining and once you've watched the first few episodes you just can't stop :))))
  20. Sep 18, 2014
    This show is one of the best tv shows I have ever seen, and I've seen most everything, Don't trust Metacritics summary of the show, it's not even remotely correct, which just goes to show you how little grasp they have of reviewing anything properly, be it tv, movies or games.

This is easily a 10 star show, you just have to get past the first 2 seasons and you will see, especially for season 3,4 and 5 that for tv itself those seasons would be a tough act to follow for any show. No one could do it. 10 years running says a lot too.
  21. Jul 21, 2014
    The amazing thing about Supernatural is its vast universe. Anything that exists in literature (demons,ghosts,vampires,werewolves,fairies,angels etc) can exist for real in Supernatural. That creates a lot of opportunities for amazing stories with amazing characters. Not only that, but the relationship between the Winchester brothers are also one big positive aspect for the plot.
    All in
    All in all, the series mixes the use of horror, comedy, suspect, drama and many more to create an awesome and unique experience.
  22. Jul 1, 2014
    First season of Supernatural is only just above average for me, the acting feels very hollow, in fact soulless, with the only redeeming factor being the 2 main leads, DEAN and SAM, every other character feels pointless and stupid. only real pros for the show are the 2 main leads, the KICK ass sound track and the plot. AS for the **** negatives, boring filler, laughable acting and poorlyFirst season of Supernatural is only just above average for me, the acting feels very hollow, in fact soulless, with the only redeeming factor being the 2 main leads, DEAN and SAM, every other character feels pointless and stupid. only real pros for the show are the 2 main leads, the KICK ass sound track and the plot. AS for the **** negatives, boring filler, laughable acting and poorly writing filler (can be clearly seen in the episodes "the hook man" and "routine 66", also at times the dialog is really goddamn stupid, also emotional Sam is funny, not sad and dramatic.

23. May 3, 2014
    I really like the show because there is a lot of action in each episode .There is bad effects sometimes but this is one of my favourite show of all time.
  24. May 3, 2014
    I gave it a 4 based on all the seasons, seasons 1 to 4, especially 3 and 4 are good and very good, but after that it becomes very repetitive, boring and even made me drop watching this show my season 8 or 9(I don't even remember which, all episodes look the same after season 5). It basically builds up to the point where the Apocalypse is suppose to happen, the brings in a rather dullI gave it a 4 based on all the seasons, seasons 1 to 4, especially 3 and 4 are good and very good, but after that it becomes very repetitive, boring and even made me drop watching this show my season 8 or 9(I don't even remember which, all episodes look the same after season 5). It basically builds up to the point where the Apocalypse is suppose to happen, the brings in a rather dull episode to conclude it and the show basically "resets" itself, leaving you with nothing more, this show doesn't progress towards anything after that, it just repeats itself again and again. If you stop watching it after you've seen season 4, then it get's a 8 or 8.5, but the subsequent seasons are too dull and a waste of time to watch. Expand
  25. Apr 20, 2014
    I can't help but notice, but the first season of the show gets repetitive as it progresses. As a result, the surprise factor lessens. However, this whole repetitiveness is saved by the occasionally witty dialogue and the performances of the two leads.
  26. Mar 30, 2014
    Over the seasons I go from 6-9. Supernatural is really entertaining and has both humor and action in it. What I like the most about this show is probably the characters you meet through the series. They all have some variety and as you enter the fourth and fifth season you should get hooked. A lot of the side characters bring a lot of humor to the show but there's also left space for theOver the seasons I go from 6-9. Supernatural is really entertaining and has both humor and action in it. What I like the most about this show is probably the characters you meet through the series. They all have some variety and as you enter the fourth and fifth season you should get hooked. A lot of the side characters bring a lot of humor to the show but there's also left space for the more emotional moments.

This is for you if: you like an entertaining show that might leave you with a buck load of feels. A show with humor, action and a lot of episodes.

This might not be for you if: you are looking for horror and ghost stories that'll actually scare you. Supernatural does have some "scary" moments but I don't feel it's a "core value".
  27. Mar 21, 2014
    Supernatural, a show that reminds you just how good Buffy the Vampire Slayer was and how this consistently fails to live up to the legacy it left. Not only are its various plot threads boring and predictable, but it has assembled two of the least likeable protagonists in a long time, bumbling their way from trope to trope without any self-awareness or humour. This is essentially a TwilightSupernatural, a show that reminds you just how good Buffy the Vampire Slayer was and how this consistently fails to live up to the legacy it left. Not only are its various plot threads boring and predictable, but it has assembled two of the least likeable protagonists in a long time, bumbling their way from trope to trope without any self-awareness or humour. This is essentially a Twilight TV show that is worth watching only if enjoy the occasional good special effect. Expand
  28. Mar 20, 2014
    Supernatural is the bomb! I watch a lot of TV shows and this one by far is the best. In the beginning it seamed a bit cheesy, but by season 2 it really picked up, now I'm hooked. I love this show so much that I went out and bought season one thru to season 7. I never get sick of it! I am actually on my forth time around watching it. Anyone interested in watching supernatural showsSupernatural is the bomb! I watch a lot of TV shows and this one by far is the best. In the beginning it seamed a bit cheesy, but by season 2 it really picked up, now I'm hooked. I love this show so much that I went out and bought season one thru to season 7. I never get sick of it! I am actually on my forth time around watching it. Anyone interested in watching supernatural shows (monsters, ghosts, angels, demons etc..) this is a definite must. Two brothers who hunt together and who have been to hell and back, literally (heaven as well) have had quite the journey. Supernatural is finishing up its ninth season and has been renewed for a tenth and what surprises me the most is that the writers are still coming up with amazing story lines. ROCK on Winchester Boys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Expand
  29. Mar 16, 2014
    Seasons 1-4 were pretty good but then came season 5. It took at least 2 season to defeat Azazel another 2 to defeat Lilith yet they defeat the devil in 1? No. They should have stretched that out a while. Made them search and fight his works for a few seasons before they can even accomplish enough to make him take notice of them. Another thing they screwed up was downgrading the concept ofSeasons 1-4 were pretty good but then came season 5. It took at least 2 season to defeat Azazel another 2 to defeat Lilith yet they defeat the devil in 1? No. They should have stretched that out a while. Made them search and fight his works for a few seasons before they can even accomplish enough to make him take notice of them. Another thing they screwed up was downgrading the concept of demon by playing it off as a human soul that had been through hell. Demons should have been portrayed as the fallen angels they are. Expand
  30. Feb 11, 2014
    This Is the Show I Wait Every Week Which Makes Me Go Numb After Watching The Show Awesome Show Love The Winchesters The Angel And Mainly Crowley The King of Hell.. Completed 8 season in just 3 weeks which was very hard to do.. loving the show hope there is no end to this
  31. Feb 2, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. asdasdasdasdsadasdasdsadasdasdsadasdasdasdasdasdsadasdsadsadasdsadsadasdwqeqw wqerwqe qweqwe wq eqwe qweewqe qwewq ffasd asdasd asd asd asd sadas dasd asd asd asd Expand
  32. Jan 5, 2014
    A primeira temporada muito boa
  33. Dec 27, 2013
    Note: This is a review for the series as a whole, not just the first season, though I would give every individual season the same rating.
    Supernatural is a show unlike any other that has ever existed on television. Though ghosts, vampires, demons, werewolves, and the like have all been featured on other shows, this is the only show other the X-Files that features all of them in same show as part of large, chaotic universe. But even the X-Files is not quite like this show, since Supernatural also has a great deal of emotional conflicts between the two main characters, Sam and Dean Winchester, that focus around family and what that really means. The acting is not the greatest ever, but it is above average and good enough to make the characters emotional, hilarious, and, at their core, heroes that can truly be liked and understood.
  34. Nov 9, 2013
    Still one of my favorite shows on TV. It's amazing how they continue to come up with new ideas and twists after so many years. Loving this season! Glad to see they got away from the mess they made of the leviathan story arc.... much better now! Keep up the great work!
  35. Nov 6, 2013
    I don't see why so many people have bad ratings for this. its a great series with great story and a scary theme to it. It also has great effects and artist for blood and gore (their is a lot in this show). I'm a guy by the way and this is in no way some show aimed at girls to look at dudes. just because someone thinks the actors are hot doesn't make it the next twilight. if that were trueI don't see why so many people have bad ratings for this. its a great series with great story and a scary theme to it. It also has great effects and artist for blood and gore (their is a lot in this show). I'm a guy by the way and this is in no way some show aimed at girls to look at dudes. just because someone thinks the actors are hot doesn't make it the next twilight. if that were true i'm sure the walking dead would also be some dumb girly show (which its not). anyways I rest my case its an awesome show for both genders with lots of violence. Expand
  36. Oct 27, 2013
    This show is awesome. it has compelling plots and its really funny.
    the actors are unknown but they play the roles perfectly
    the shows airs on the cw
  37. Oct 11, 2013
    Supernatural is the best show on T.V since LOST, honestly people have been losing their heads over Breaking Bad but that show became uninteresting a few seasons ago I just don't care about the characters or their stories. Supernatural knows what the word badass truly means
  38. Aug 23, 2013
    A decent TV show that has some very effective episodes and a good general concept, but it also has it flaws and misses the mark on a number of episodes. Both Ackles & Padalecki are great on the show and work well together. I feel it probably gets better as the show goes along because its started off fairly slow.
  39. Jul 14, 2013
    Awesome show, great acting and amazing storyline.
    It's well written and well directed. Best TV series I've seen so far.

Cant wait for season 8 oo come out!
  40. Jun 18, 2013
    Supernatural is one of the best TV shows in the history of television you won't eve get bored of it season 1,2 where great 3 was alright 4,5 where epic 6,7 where average 8 was better than average got hope for 9
  41. Apr 24, 2013
    Love this show every Season has an epic story and ends with a cliffhanger season 8 was so slow though nm action not that kind of supernatural i expected
  42. Mar 6, 2013
    Why this show has a metascore of 59/100 baffles me. After running for 8 years now this show is still incredibly entertaining and continues to find new and brilliant ways of enthralling its audience when other shows of its type have languished and died.
  43. Feb 18, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Perfect. It gets you hooked from the very first episode, and the fact that it's made it to an eighth season isn't a surprise to me. The middle seasons got a little messy and not so good, but the current season is getting it back to the way it should be. Expand
  44. Sep 2, 2012
    Best written tv show of ALL TIME. Every episode feels new and original and almost always has some twist into it. For fans of old time cult classics (Twilight Zone & Twin Peaks) and new generation horror flicks.
  45. Aug 16, 2012
    Im only half way through the second season, but I enjoy the series. I dont see how it goes on for 7 seasons though. I hope it doesnt get too repetitive. The acting is good for the most part and I love all the lore in the series.
  46. Jul 19, 2012
    This is probably one of the greatest and most entertaining shows on television today. It can be scary at times but in an exciting way. I love the boys, their car, and the rock 'n roll soundtrack! The writing, acting and direction just keep getting better.
  47. Jun 17, 2012
    From the outside this show looks like a couple of dudes in their 20s riding around in a fantastic car with a bunch of guns and salt, but it is so much more than that. It is a show about family. Sam and Dean are brothers who suffered a tragedy and dedicated their lives to helping other families avoid such tragedies. Family is the most important thing to them, then there is killing evil ****From the outside this show looks like a couple of dudes in their 20s riding around in a fantastic car with a bunch of guns and salt, but it is so much more than that. It is a show about family. Sam and Dean are brothers who suffered a tragedy and dedicated their lives to helping other families avoid such tragedies. Family is the most important thing to them, then there is killing evil **** It is a great show with great actors. Give it a shot, watch at least 4 episodes and if you are not even a little bit interested then you are a CRAZY PERSON. Expand
  48. Jun 14, 2012
    This is absolutely nuts what the end score from the critics for this show.This is the best show I have ever seen on tv ever!I never thought I would be saying that because I've never been into shows like this that much.After seeing this season my only complaint is that I don't want it to end.I can't get enough of this awesome show.I wake up by 8 am every day just to watch this show noThis is absolutely nuts what the end score from the critics for this show.This is the best show I have ever seen on tv ever!I never thought I would be saying that because I've never been into shows like this that much.After seeing this season my only complaint is that I don't want it to end.I can't get enough of this awesome show.I wake up by 8 am every day just to watch this show no matter what time I go to sleep.I literally will get 2-3 hours sleep, watch my wife go out the door to work,watch the show and fall back to sleep.I'm loving the fact that it is also on Netflix so I can have all the season's until they pull it, but I still love my routine in the morning better.The acting is unbelievable perfect in every way possible.I'm from Chicago but now living in Colorado Springs for the last 9 years so knowing that this started as a local show only in the springs makes me even appreciate the show even more.People that are reading this, "PLEASE",watch this show and you will be hooked instantly!Great stuff! Expand
  49. Jun 2, 2012
    just super series, one of best shows ever made. first seasons was better, dean **** everything whats moving, and i liked that. now he is too serious :). but still best show ever :) waiting for more
  50. May 10, 2012
    One of my favorite shows, took me a while to get into it but now i love it.
    Dean and Sam are two of my most favorite characters from any show.dean is bad ass.
    Soundtrack is beast too ;)
  51. Apr 2, 2012
    Absolutely love this show. Would be great to see it continue into an eighth season if possible although to this date this season is the last. Happy that we are seeing a return to the original format although a conclusion to the current arc at this point might seem a bit hasty. If a new lease of life is given would like to see the current arc ending sometime around mid season next year.
  52. Feb 14, 2012
    Supernatural is an amazing show. I have watched all episodes till date. You will love it, if you like supernatural fantasy things. It has everything..Good acting, script, storyline, drama, visual effects and moreover the best chemistry b/w two brothers. They are awesome...' The Best Show Ever' for me
  53. Dec 7, 2011
    u can do more than one review?
    well then im gonna do a short one, ehm... the show is ok, and sometimes almost all the time AWESOME!! Acting could be better, less feelings but that would ruin the charm of the serie. so stop reading this crap and watch the show
  54. Dec 5, 2011
    Supernatural is the only show I look forward to watching. I mean it is that one show that I have to see, which means drop everything else and sit on the couch for an hour no matter what is going on around me. Yeah the show has two very hot main characters but that is not what attracts me to the show ...although it doesn't hurt. The show has the most heart out of any show I have everSupernatural is the only show I look forward to watching. I mean it is that one show that I have to see, which means drop everything else and sit on the couch for an hour no matter what is going on around me. Yeah the show has two very hot main characters but that is not what attracts me to the show ...although it doesn't hurt. The show has the most heart out of any show I have ever watched. I mean the relationships the pain the happiness it reads so well and it really is amazing acting. I genuinely feel their pain when I watch the show. You don't find many shows with that kind of heart. Besides that aspect the overall idea behind the show is brilliant and very well written. 3 cheers for supernatural and to anyone who doesn't think so you probably like shows like Gossip Girl and Teen mom's.... Expand
  55. Nov 23, 2011
    Supernatural is amazing series and the story is good but some times is full of crap but you can take it as long is din and sam continun to kill dimions and hunting monsters together and the show is very funny.
  56. Nov 12, 2011
    Awesome series!!! It mixes drama, action, suspense, horror, comedy in such a great way while always aiming to the series main topic. A battle between good and evil, where two hunter brothers have to carry the terrible burden of not only hunting all that evil has to offer, but also be part of a terrible "destiny". Lots of choices to make from their part, I really suggest you make theAwesome series!!! It mixes drama, action, suspense, horror, comedy in such a great way while always aiming to the series main topic. A battle between good and evil, where two hunter brothers have to carry the terrible burden of not only hunting all that evil has to offer, but also be part of a terrible "destiny". Lots of choices to make from their part, I really suggest you make the right choice and give it a try if you haven't, you'll be hooked. Expand
  57. Nov 7, 2011
    I absolutely love this show, well written, great direction and the characters fit their roles perfectly. I wish this series won't end! it keeps me wanting more, and each episode is exciting! The use of ancient elements in a new setting is awesome, This show is definitely something everyone should watch from season 1!
  58. Oct 3, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. At First my friend told me about supernatural so i decided to buy Season 1-5 of Supernatural its about a family at first then the mother gets ripped open by a demon.
    After that the father takes care of his 2 boys called Dean & Sam Winchester.
    Sam Goes to college while Dean goes on the hunt with his dad for the demon who killed their mom.
    Then their dad disappears and they don't know where he is so Dean goes after Sam to find their dad and to kill the demon that killed their mother
  59. Jul 7, 2011
    The first Season, being the one that many fans and critics touted as the best, is actuall an ideal start off to a very good series. It focuses on building the brothers relationship and also delving into the each brothers history of hunting and how its family orientated. While in comparison to later seasons its slow and quite unorthodox in its writing. The lore of everything evil theThe first Season, being the one that many fans and critics touted as the best, is actuall an ideal start off to a very good series. It focuses on building the brothers relationship and also delving into the each brothers history of hunting and how its family orientated. While in comparison to later seasons its slow and quite unorthodox in its writing. The lore of everything evil the Winchesters hunt can be found on any google search. In this aspect the accuracy to the lore is exceptionally accurate.
    Unlike other CW TV shows it is not just about the eye candy, but both Jared and Jensen act very well and make the characters their own.
    Hunting demons, vampires, wendigo's, shapeshifters and other assorted evils make it unlike any other show to grace the screens of our television sets. As a mere audience member and massive lover of the show. I was drawn in to this series because of the balance of clumsy immature brotherly humour and love, but the drama involved of the season long story arc and search for their father.
    There are many morales and dilemma's the brothers face that are real world and found in anybody's life. And despite the show being "Supernatural" there is a connection of realism to each characters vulnerabilities and realness. I love this show, and i always will. Season 1 overall: 8/10
  60. Jun 16, 2011
    (season 5 review) I'll stick to my guns here when I say that the 'Winchester boys' are TV's most likeable double act. The exploits of Sam and Dean in trying to deal with the eternal squabbling of heaven and hells hierarchy really does make for a cracking ride. Season 5, Eric Kripke's envisaged endgame to the saga, doesn't disappoint its fans in any way. The angels are running riot in(season 5 review) I'll stick to my guns here when I say that the 'Winchester boys' are TV's most likeable double act. The exploits of Sam and Dean in trying to deal with the eternal squabbling of heaven and hells hierarchy really does make for a cracking ride. Season 5, Eric Kripke's envisaged endgame to the saga, doesn't disappoint its fans in any way. The angels are running riot in heaven, Lucifer is free, the Horsemen are on their way, and the apocalypse draws ever nearer day by day. It's a bumpy road for the boys, but a road that's filled to the brim with action, suspense, laughs, twists & turns, emotion, and most importantly of all, extremely well executed drama. Supernatural will never reach the critically acclaimed lofty heights of TV's dramatic heavyweights such as The Wire, Mad Men or The Soprano's... but I refuse to believe there is someone out there who doesn't take great pleasure in seeing the Winchester boys kit up, jump in a 67 Chevy Impala, and go 'slay some demons'. With regards to the actual finale itself (no spoilers), I thought it was delivered with class and grace. Who knows if season 6, and possibly further seasons, will live up to the excellent rollercoaster ride which has been the first five seasons of Supernatural under the wing of its creator Eric Kripke (who has now departed). If it doesn't then so be it, but I can safely admit that I will never get bored of spending an evening in the company of Sam and Dean Winchester Expand
  61. Apr 29, 2011
    This show is watchable. That's about the best that can be said about it. It is, in a nutshell, the most male-centric series ever created. The main female characters are what is called, 'Tropes'. A trope is a character whose sole purpose is to further the development of another character. The other female parts are all sex objects. And here I was thinking women made up half the populationThis show is watchable. That's about the best that can be said about it. It is, in a nutshell, the most male-centric series ever created. The main female characters are what is called, 'Tropes'. A trope is a character whose sole purpose is to further the development of another character. The other female parts are all sex objects. And here I was thinking women made up half the population of the world and actually had destiny's of their own - silly me! I have to agree with the professional reviewers here. It's highly likely the user reviews are made up solely of fans because this show does not deserve anything above a 5 out of 10 for it's obvious male-centric, white-centric, christian-centric plot; it's rip off of the 'Charmed' storyline and it's reliance on some hot actors to get by. Expand
  62. Apr 28, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Ignore the dumbass critic ratings. This show is **** epic.

I will never forget watching the premiere episode of Season 1, it was chilling and thoroughly scared me (in a good way). In all frankness, I liked the first couple seasons the most, when Sam and Dean would just hunt demons. I feel like the whole Lucifer and hell on earth thing convoluted/dampened the chilling effects of demon hunting. However, I am still a huge fan of the show.
  63. Apr 25, 2011
    The last couple of seasons of this show have been the best escapist fiction of television.
    I highly recommend buying the dvds of the last couple of seasons. I have really enjoyed the story of Sam Winchester developing dark powers that can save the world but may cost him his soul. The Dean Winchester character is such a great contrast to his dark and brooding emo brother with his evil sucks until you shoot it in the face attitude.
    the current season is a bit of a reboot back to the first season and does not have the same magic but it is worth watching.
    Go buy the dvds of the last two seasons.
  64. Mar 15, 2011
    Players can earn a maximum of 80 points per game, per day, with a total cap of 300 points across all of Zynga's titles. The site represents a concerted effort from the developer to reduce its reliance on Facebook and expand its audience in other areas. Zynga entered into a five-year deal to use Facebook credits last May, following a dispute over the 30 per cent cut taken by the social network.
  65. Nov 1, 2010
    One of the bravest and well written television shows to come around. Former co workers were passing around the season sets and I went in kicking and screaming only to me possessed! The pilot episode did a superb job introducing an American Urban Legend show mixed with Han, Luke, and a dash of Route 66. Lost its footing for a bit with a few episodes feeling like X-Files leftover scripts.One of the bravest and well written television shows to come around. Former co workers were passing around the season sets and I went in kicking and screaming only to me possessed! The pilot episode did a superb job introducing an American Urban Legend show mixed with Han, Luke, and a dash of Route 66. Lost its footing for a bit with a few episodes feeling like X-Files leftover scripts. But even the writers and actors joked a bit in the season. The show came out in an era of Lost but was smart enough to not fall into the trap of trying to string the viewer on and on with a payoff that could be years from happening and impossible to live up too. each season ays off by the finale and the first five seasons are merely chapters of a five year plan. It feel off the tracks here and there but instead of insulting the viewer the show acknowledges its own continuity, attempts to fix things, and moves on! A big plus for me: Ben Edlund, creator of The Tick, works on the show. Plus I can always tell when Sera Gamble has written a script. First show to ever make me a fan of television writer. I've watched every episode so I may have leaked into other seasons but the show builds well from its foundation. As I mentioned above I came in late to the game. I do not recommend watching three seasons on dvd in six weeks. Makes you a bit paranoid. Expand
  66. Sep 25, 2010
    GREAT show. Be interesting to see where they take the story now that grandpa's back (and Sam). A collection of demons vs the Winchesters could make for a great series ender.
  67. Aug 25, 2010
    A brilliantly written, acted and set Television program. Probably the best tv horror modern times has up for offering? Great actors, likeable characters (ignoring Sam for the first 3 seasons), well-written episode plots AND season-long plots ... Great effects that are believeable rather than as though they've tried to make them look spectacular and failed ... The list goes on. Overall, aA brilliantly written, acted and set Television program. Probably the best tv horror modern times has up for offering? Great actors, likeable characters (ignoring Sam for the first 3 seasons), well-written episode plots AND season-long plots ... Great effects that are believeable rather than as though they've tried to make them look spectacular and failed ... The list goes on. Overall, a great and enthralling series for a wide range of audiences (although it is known that Dean and Sam may appeal to young women quite well, if you know what I mean) as the series go on, a wide range of plots are covered, and after completing such a big task throughout season 5, it is hard to work out where the story will go; many options are available. The ending of the last episode of season 5 is worth watching all 5 series for, but saying this, each and every episode has its own charm, whether it be a thrilling chase from the officials, a timed excursion through america to reach and kill a supernatural entity "Before it's too late" or a joke episode from a certain character who appears first in season 2... 10/10. Why? An amazing series: Good for everyone. Series 1 in particular has more monster-hunting and less story related plots than the rest of the seasons. But this is a plus; you realise this when you watch the rest of the series then get particularly excited that the episode you're about to watch is a monster hunt. Collapse
  68. Aug 13, 2010
    This show definitely packs a scare factor, many episodes keep me jumping and behind a cushion. The show seems to have all it needs to be scoring higher, but what holds it back is the poor scriptwriting and poor direction. I don't really want to say mediocre acting but that may be down to what the actors are being told to do. 8/10 episodes are classified 'filler' as they do not add to theThis show definitely packs a scare factor, many episodes keep me jumping and behind a cushion. The show seems to have all it needs to be scoring higher, but what holds it back is the poor scriptwriting and poor direction. I don't really want to say mediocre acting but that may be down to what the actors are being told to do. 8/10 episodes are classified 'filler' as they do not add to the storyline of the first episode, you see minimal character development at best. I sometimes feel like I'm watching a programme a 15 year old child constructed. For all those that gave the show 10/10, fair enough you love the show, but ask yourself - in the first two seasons when Dean almost died did you feel anything? Did you feel sad/worried? I didn't, and I should have. The show could do with getting better writers, but the rest of the material is there for it to be a cracking show. Expand
  69. LaurenS.
    Jan 28, 2010
    Supernatural is an amazing show, that nearly anyone can watch, and should watch. The show keeps to the myths and legends amazingly, while bringing great actors to the screen. The guys will like it because it has action, the girls will like it because of Jared and Jensen, and everyone will love it because of the car. I managed to get my whole family hooked!
  70. James
    Dec 2, 2009
    Supernatural is the best written and acted show on TV today. IMO it has surpassed even Lost and 24 in the past few seasons. From the beginning it has been one long crescendo leading up to the 5th and final season which has been amazing so far half way through. I will be getting the final Bluray set when all the seasons are available in a pack! Great Show!
  71. JAW
    Nov 21, 2009
    Granted the series had some flaws in its first season but many of the reviews included here seem uncharitable in the extreme. It's got at least as much smarts as horror series predecessors--Buffy, Angel, and so on--and in the last couple of seasons has developed a plotline that is more daring and signficant than anything else on television so far as I can tell.
  72. SaraS
    Oct 30, 2009
    I'll admit, I wasn't totally taken with it at first. But by season 2 I was hooked. I love the boys, their car, and the rock 'n roll soundtrack! The writing, acting and direction just keep getting better. It's got genuine scares, and it supplies plenty of laughs and pathos. Plus it's got it's own distinct but richly textured mythology. The show never takes I'll admit, I wasn't totally taken with it at first. But by season 2 I was hooked. I love the boys, their car, and the rock 'n roll soundtrack! The writing, acting and direction just keep getting better. It's got genuine scares, and it supplies plenty of laughs and pathos. Plus it's got it's own distinct but richly textured mythology. The show never takes itself too seriously. It's always fun, except for when it's actually really heartbreaking. The two leads are fantastic (and beautiful), and work really well together. One of the best shows on television right now. Everyone should be watching! Expand
  73. Jeremy
    Oct 26, 2009
    Best show on television, with its great acting (gotten better every season since the first) and fast paced action. I'm completely convinced that if it were on a big network like NBC, it would be HUGE (much better than Heroes!).
  74. ChrisD
    Oct 21, 2009
    The show has great wit and keeps the story fresh enough with good plot twists. I would recommend this show to anyone who is into a syfy adventure.
  75. amberA
    Oct 11, 2009
    I have loved watching this show from the season priemere to it's current place in the 5th season. Though there are times where I miss some of the more light-heartedness moments between Sam and Dean in the earlier seasons. The show as evovled in a nessecary way to keep fans interested and was done so in beautifully executed manner. Even as a fan of both Buffy and Angel, I would have I have loved watching this show from the season priemere to it's current place in the 5th season. Though there are times where I miss some of the more light-heartedness moments between Sam and Dean in the earlier seasons. The show as evovled in a nessecary way to keep fans interested and was done so in beautifully executed manner. Even as a fan of both Buffy and Angel, I would have to say Supernatural trumps them both, EASY!!! Expand
  76. AlW
    Sep 23, 2009
    This show has gotten better and better every season. I can't wait to see what is in store for us this year. Last season was brilliant!
  77. gbro
    Sep 18, 2009
    Favorite all time show after The x Files!
  78. LeahT
    Sep 10, 2009
    It's truly a shame that this series has not been reviewed in it's newer seasons - because it has become apocalyptic brilliance and nothing else on television hits the spot quite like these two brothers and their relationship. Oh, and monsters don't hurt a bit either. Give it a shot, if you've any sense.
  79. Roman
    Sep 5, 2009
    From the 1 episode I saw, I though it was a great show. However I am biased toward fantasy/religion/mythology dramas, just like this one. Plus both main Characaters are hot!
  80. BarryG.
    Jun 24, 2009
    Supernatural is the best genre show since Buffy and Angel. It has a lot of depth, layers, intelligence, richness, and above all, brilliant storytelling, direction, and acting. I am shocked at what some of the "critics" say. Goes to show that anyone without the slightest clue can be a critic.
  81. bobanonomouse
    Jun 10, 2009
    Its not like other shows its not the same thing over and over and its not predictable like Smallville.
  82. JoelD
    May 16, 2009
    I've actually gotten more interested in the show the further it progresses, though I can understand why it seems to send some people fleeing in other directions. Oddly enough most of the complaints seem to revolve around how much this sucks compared to Buffy, which sounds oddly as if the people saying this are just craving more Joss-based content than actually structuring a critique. I've actually gotten more interested in the show the further it progresses, though I can understand why it seems to send some people fleeing in other directions. Oddly enough most of the complaints seem to revolve around how much this sucks compared to Buffy, which sounds oddly as if the people saying this are just craving more Joss-based content than actually structuring a critique. o.O Others say that the acting is flat, which I'd also disagree with, given I've seen some finely played emotional scenes in the show, albeit rarely; the actors seem more than capable of displaying such emotions, it's just that typically their characters are supposed to be ever so slightly dead inside. Run around fighting terrifying man-eating creatures, see how badly you get screwed up... Some have even complained that the actors are attractive (not really getting the logic there, though I imagine it's something to do with realism in television, to which I must laugh hysterically.) As for the few reviews that seem to go on total rants... well, how are you supposed to argue with someone who doesn't actually provide an argument beyond bile? The show's certainly had its weak episodes, but compared to some of the later seasons for some shows (*cough*Smallville*cough*,) I still find the material to be emminently entertaining, even more so for the last couple of seasons than for the first. Admittedly this is because I've always enjoyed shows that didn't take themselves too seriously, such as, yes, Buffy or Firefly, and most of Supernatural's episodes have plenty of that. A few circle entire episodes around campy fun, like Ghostfacers. The current plot, revolving around the idea of Lucifer being resurrected, is one I'm actually enjoying quite a bit. Don't get me wrong, I loved the Monster-A-Week episodes, but eventually every show (except maybe cartoons and sitcoms,) starts to develop an underlying plot. Otherwise, the series never actually goes anywhere, and it'd probably go under a great deal sooner with no real direction. Besides which, the concept of angels and demons warring awakens the geek within me. >_>; Overall, a must-watch show, though I'd recommend starting around season 2 or 3; I personally think it's where the show puts its best foot forward. Expand
  83. RyanD
    May 5, 2009
    One of my favorite shows on TV. The first season was a little too brooding and emo and can give a bad impression. In season 2, they dropped the excess angst and went full steam ahead into kickass town and haven't looked back since. The tone is just serious enough to keep you scared and just playful enough to let you know it doesn't take itself too seriously. I'd love to see One of my favorite shows on TV. The first season was a little too brooding and emo and can give a bad impression. In season 2, they dropped the excess angst and went full steam ahead into kickass town and haven't looked back since. The tone is just serious enough to keep you scared and just playful enough to let you know it doesn't take itself too seriously. I'd love to see more variety in the monsters they fight and the occasional return to the urban legend stories that the show started around but if they don't change a thing, I'll still happily keep watching. Expand
  84. MJ
    May 2, 2009
    Excellent series! A friend of mine convinced me to watch her season 1 DVD and i was hooked from the first episode. As an X-Files fan, I saw a lot of the attraction of SN needs to be credited to Kim Manners, the great late director of many episodes (even filming in Toronto). Jensen is a great actor and deserves Emmy recognition, I have no idea why the CW takes its best show and pits it Excellent series! A friend of mine convinced me to watch her season 1 DVD and i was hooked from the first episode. As an X-Files fan, I saw a lot of the attraction of SN needs to be credited to Kim Manners, the great late director of many episodes (even filming in Toronto). Jensen is a great actor and deserves Emmy recognition, I have no idea why the CW takes its best show and pits it against the top rated shows currently on TV. A 10 all the way, sorry to see it will be ending with Season 5. Expand
  85. JoeC
    Apr 27, 2009
    It's basically excellent. I didn't like the show in the first season (my sister watched it) and then midway through the second season there was a complete reversal of our opinions; she stopped watching it and I started watching it. Great show, glad to hear it's signed on for another season.
  86. KenD
    Apr 6, 2009
    Perfect mix of horror, camp, action, and comedy. One of the few shows without a sappy romantic subplot, and of the few that can balance a weekly episodic format while still maintaining a story arc. The writers are willing to mix things up as well and keep things interesting without falling into a formula.
  87. ericas
    Apr 2, 2009
    BEST SHOW EVER!!! This is like nothing else on TV. It makes you laugh, cry, and scream all in one episode.
  88. JohnD
    Apr 2, 2009
    The best show humanity has seen so far.
  89. luizg
    Mar 28, 2009
    Any sci fi is expected to relate unimaginable topics, as it is at SPN series.. however, everything must follow a pattern which is kept until the end, otherwise it will be contradictory... and this is what did not happen in this series, where every episode you learn something pretty different from what was said initially.. more likely a big brother which has new rules every week. Season Any sci fi is expected to relate unimaginable topics, as it is at SPN series.. however, everything must follow a pattern which is kept until the end, otherwise it will be contradictory... and this is what did not happen in this series, where every episode you learn something pretty different from what was said initially.. more likely a big brother which has new rules every week. Season one was the best so far. Expand
  90. AutumnR
    Mar 24, 2009
    My favorite show ever on tv, never miss it. Hope its on for years to come.
  91. MorganC
    Mar 19, 2009
    Supernatural is an amazing show! It has everything in it, horror, action/adventure, comedy, an amazing cast full of great actors, and a truly amazing story-line. My favorite aspect of the show though is the brothers relationship, its so strong!
  92. Samj
    Feb 22, 2009
    Are people dissing the show because Sam and Dean arent completely fugly? Supernatural is hilarious and really scary when it needs to be. Definite 10/10 for me
  93. CmonS
    Jan 26, 2009
    This is the only show at the moment (and i watch them all) that highly amuses as well as deeply touches me. You can feel all the love Erik Kripke and team put in their show. Thanks, guys, keep up the good work.
  94. GabriellaB
    Jan 15, 2009
    It is awesome it is such good acting and the actors are so hot and who ever says overwise probably have not seen it and are just such attention grabbing idiots.and who ever is reading this and is giving it bad rating BACK OFF ok.
  95. FoxM
    Dec 24, 2008
    Supernatural is a great show that gets increasingly more intelligent and enjoyable with every new season. Its direction, writing and the main characters stand up head and shoulders above your usual teenage-oriented preternatural gibberish (Buffy, Dark Angel, Reaper, etc), and, somehow, it even manages to remind me of the first five seasons of the X-Files and still look pretty good Supernatural is a great show that gets increasingly more intelligent and enjoyable with every new season. Its direction, writing and the main characters stand up head and shoulders above your usual teenage-oriented preternatural gibberish (Buffy, Dark Angel, Reaper, etc), and, somehow, it even manages to remind me of the first five seasons of the X-Files and still look pretty good afterward. Objectively speaking, I'd probably rate it about 8 of 10 (10 being an practically unachievable degree of near perfection), but the other user review that gave Supernatural an absolutely unwarranted 3 leaves me without such an option. Expand
  96. ethanr
    Dec 7, 2008
    This is by far one of the best shows on television in this generation. I look forward to every Thursday so I can watch it with my roommates. I've got them all hooked.
  97. JennetP.
    Nov 7, 2008
    "Supernatural" is "Charmed" with a Y chromosome: both concern attractive squabbling siblings who inherit an occult mission from dead relatives. The brothers face a slightly more interesting range of adversaries than the sisters' cookie-cutter demons, but the essential Manichaeism is the same, as is the notion that, in vanquishing evil, you need both a powerful spell and a powerful "Supernatural" is "Charmed" with a Y chromosome: both concern attractive squabbling siblings who inherit an occult mission from dead relatives. The brothers face a slightly more interesting range of adversaries than the sisters' cookie-cutter demons, but the essential Manichaeism is the same, as is the notion that, in vanquishing evil, you need both a powerful spell and a powerful right hook. I do see the appeal in watching attractive young people avert the apocalypse with remnants of high school Latin and a round of black eyes, but that appeal fades fast without fresh, challenging stories. Expand
  98. DanC
    Nov 3, 2008
    Supernatural is without a doubt one of the best shows on TV at the moment.
  99. MichaelS
    Oct 30, 2008
    This show is great. There's comedic humor sometimes, there's drama, and of course there is sci-fi paranormal stuff.
  100. ChadD.
    Oct 12, 2008
    Ok. People need to ease up on the bashing of this show. First off, if you want cliche, then buffy is for you! c'mon some hot girl that can just literally beat the crap out of demons, physically?! At least Sam and Dean usually don't go head to head without a weapon or amulet of some sort! And when they do, they get knocked out, so at least that's a little more realistic. And Ok. People need to ease up on the bashing of this show. First off, if you want cliche, then buffy is for you! c'mon some hot girl that can just literally beat the crap out of demons, physically?! At least Sam and Dean usually don't go head to head without a weapon or amulet of some sort! And when they do, they get knocked out, so at least that's a little more realistic. And it's about two brothers that love each other more than anything. Which is something some of us wish we had. And for the record, it's hard to truly frighten anyone nowadays, so they make up for it by at least making it interesting and relatable. And the acting is not horrible. Dean is comic relief plus i believe a true hero. And they've saved like a thousand children! C'mon people! Expand

As unimaginative as its title.
    Genre fans used to the emotional depth and extraordinary storytelling of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" and "Angel" will find that this show is not even remotely in "Buffy's" or "Angel's" league.
  3. The creep factor runs high, and it had better in a series called "Supernatural." But the series also has its overly familiar and just-plain-silly moments.