Swingtown : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Jun 5, 2008
8.3

1. Evah
    Jan 17, 2010
    I only saw the pilot and didn't feel compelled to watch more. The story seems predictable, the characters are non-existent, there's no thrill whatsoever. I agree, very hamhanded. What a contrast to the first episodes of a series like Mad Men, which were already unique, intriguing and layered!
  2. DonS.
    Jul 26, 2008
    The Show started out as a 10 which showed the freestyle of devoted couples within different levels of their own relationships. This was very realistic to the topic matter. Unfortunately the last few episodes have fallen off the drama deep end of the pool. The writers need to get the a point and then move on or I predict that this show will be another short lived series that could have The Show started out as a 10 which showed the freestyle of devoted couples within different levels of their own relationships. This was very realistic to the topic matter. Unfortunately the last few episodes have fallen off the drama deep end of the pool. The writers need to get the a point and then move on or I predict that this show will be another short lived series that could have been great. It also seems that the show has gone into hyper-protective mode in terms of sex. We're seeing more sexual activity from the daughter and her affair with her teacher.. This is a real problem that still exist today. Move on to the subject of the title please... (Swingtown) The retro clothes and music are great. The show will keep our interest for only a few more episodes to see if it gets better. We have many many friends that fill the same way. Expand
  3. TomF.
    Jul 5, 2008
    "Mad Men" light. And the 70's have been done to death.

1. Reviewed by: Troy Patterson
    The relative tameness of Swingtown makes the unease it provokes more inviting: You tune in to see the bodies and stick around for the minds.
  2. It has one thing going for it--the essential thing. That is, deft writing that yields the kind of suspense that causes people to want to know what comes next. That's no small achievement for a series whose characters are so entirely devoid of, yes, character--or anything resembling an interesting thought.
  3. Even skillful performances by its largely unknown cast aren't able to hide the lack of character development and the sense that the people in this series are almost self-parodies.