• Network: CBS
  • Series Premiere Date: Jun 5, 2008
8.4

1. Evah
    Jan 17, 2010
    I only saw the pilot and didn't feel compelled to watch more. The story seems predictable, the characters are non-existent, there's no thrill whatsoever. I agree, very hamhanded. What a contrast to the first episodes of a series like Mad Men, which were already unique, intriguing and layered!
  2. EjHemedes
    Oct 27, 2009
    Swingtown is the best TV has seen in quite some time. From material, casting, acting, everything was first class from top to bottom. Sexual tension was high all throughout without too much nudity. This show does not deserve to be cancelled.
  3. JennyV
    May 8, 2009
    This was a well-written, funny, smart, creative show. My husband and I love this show and are disappointed that it's cancelled. We found Swingtown on Netflix; and had we known we would have tried to prevent its cancellation. A network should pick this up and keep the show going. There are a lot of fans.
  4. BhaveshM
    Apr 13, 2009
    This show is just great, superb cast, intelligent writing and well thought out. It is a shame to see this show go, with so much possible potential for seasons 2 and 3, would love to see another network pick it up (preferably Showtime) and continue the story of these interesting characters.
  5. PhoebeS.
    Jan 18, 2009
    Loved it .to bad cbs cancelled it we need more tv shows like this so sick of watching all these reality shows where people back stab each other for money ,and some of these comedy shows that are not worth watching and so sick of watching reruns.Bring back swingtown.
  6. LauraC.
    Oct 23, 2008
    I loved Swingtown. This is the second time CBS has cancelled a show I like after the 1st season. What do they expect when they put it on during the summer? They didn't even give it a chance. May be time to stay away from CBS.
  7. MichelleM.
    Sep 23, 2008
    Love it! Characters are interesting. Love the music and the nostalgia of the 70's. Television actually worth watching amist a plethora of bad "reality" shows.
  8. StaceyK.
    Sep 5, 2008
    Best show all summer. The writers keep us guessing. I love it - please bring back for another season.
  9. Dean
    Sep 2, 2008
    It's fun.
  10. RonD.
    Aug 30, 2008
    We have watched every episode of Swingtown and have enjoyed it immensely . The character development and human angst is interesting. We are left each we to see what will develop next week. When we saw last night that there is only one more episode, we were very disappointed. I hope there is enough outcry and interest that CBS or one of the cable or satellite companies will continue it. We have watched every episode of Swingtown and have enjoyed it immensely . The character development and human angst is interesting. We are left each we to see what will develop next week. When we saw last night that there is only one more episode, we were very disappointed. I hope there is enough outcry and interest that CBS or one of the cable or satellite companies will continue it. This, we feel, could be blockbuster for someone. Let Expand
  11. ElaineS.
    Aug 18, 2008
    Great program...not that I was a swinger, but reminds me of my life in the 70's
  12. JulieF.
    Aug 18, 2008
    I watched the first two episodes my self and told my husband that he really needed to watch this show. He watch it and with in the first 10 minutes he was hooked! Now it has been our weekly ritual. We absolutely love everything about this show. He is even going to buy the episodes he missed on Itunes. It is so well written so you know exactly what is going on even if nothing is shown. I watched the first two episodes my self and told my husband that he really needed to watch this show. He watch it and with in the first 10 minutes he was hooked! Now it has been our weekly ritual. We absolutely love everything about this show. He is even going to buy the episodes he missed on Itunes. It is so well written so you know exactly what is going on even if nothing is shown. That is what makes this show so brilliant. I love the fact that CBS took a chance on this show. Now we just hope it gets enough ratings to stick around for the fall line up! We will really miss this show if it were to get canceled! There isn't anything on TV like this show which is such a breathe of fresh air. Expand
  13. JohnK.
    Aug 14, 2008
    Realistically depicts (as my memory serves anyway) a time when the 60's flower power youths are now married, the girls now women want a more meaningful contribution and marriage, family and growing up in a fast changing world collide. The cast really mesh well, making you believe the story they tell - maybe they have their own recollections to draw upon like those of us who enjoy an Realistically depicts (as my memory serves anyway) a time when the 60's flower power youths are now married, the girls now women want a more meaningful contribution and marriage, family and growing up in a fast changing world collide. The cast really mesh well, making you believe the story they tell - maybe they have their own recollections to draw upon like those of us who enjoy an hour's trip back in time to remember how we started the path that got us where we are today. Expand
  14. TP.
    Aug 9, 2008
    I think it is a great show...as for the Cliches, well, it's the 70's.//what more do you want? The characters are great. The mystery is just what is really happening between the proverbial sheets, not what the characters are thinking. I will be truly disappointed if CBS cancels this show.
  15. Julie
    Aug 9, 2008
    What a pleasant surprise. Very entertaining and realistic for those who grew up in the 70's.
  16. ClintB.
    Aug 8, 2008
    Great show CBS needs to commit to a full regular season renewal, but they wont I'm sure. Thats why it was shown in June instead of September.
  17. Anonymous
    Aug 7, 2008
    This show is Great! It brought back WONDERFUL sex with my husband!
  18. DebraW.
    Aug 6, 2008
    I like it. I hope CBS keeps it on and it is not canceled. It seems that anything different is canceled and replaced with no brainer shows that are "reality." I guess the TV Stations don't have to pay writers and actors for reality. But I personally enjoy a story that it different enough to keep you watching and waiting for the next show. CBS thank you!
  19. RFB
    Aug 5, 2008
    I really like the show. Some say it's really tame but I think this is just enough for married middle Americans. It definitely peeked my interests. A conversation piece, something different, but without all the overt smut. I was embarrassed to admit that I liked a CBS series at 1st, but now that I'm hooked... I'm proud to be a CBSer.
  20. JessicaK
    Aug 2, 2008
    A great new show. Tells the story of a group of free thinkers in the 70s and how that effected their family life.
  21. Matt
    Aug 2, 2008
    Its great its on a 10 so If you dont want the kids watching this one Block it and quit your moaning!
  22. KimF.
    Aug 2, 2008
    Love it... of course more skin would be off the charts but I look forward to this show every week!
  23. ChristinaS.
    Jul 28, 2008
    I like this show. It is fun for being a period show. I like it because it is from 70s and is kind of kooky. Not like anything currently on TV. The characters are funny and fun. This is not a show I am going to learn any from besides perhaps wondering what my parents might have been doing in the 70s! But it is silly fun to watch, sort like 90210 or Melrose Place from back in the day!
  24. JackeC.
    Jul 28, 2008
    I like the show, music and seeing that there is an alternative lifestyle on TV. Glad that this shows displays the fact people can be in love with someone yet still be secure and open at the same time!
  25. DonS.
    Jul 26, 2008
    The Show started out as a 10 which showed the freestyle of devoted couples within different levels of their own relationships. This was very realistic to the topic matter. Unfortunately the last few episodes have fallen off the drama deep end of the pool. The writers need to get the a point and then move on or I predict that this show will be another short lived series that could have The Show started out as a 10 which showed the freestyle of devoted couples within different levels of their own relationships. This was very realistic to the topic matter. Unfortunately the last few episodes have fallen off the drama deep end of the pool. The writers need to get the a point and then move on or I predict that this show will be another short lived series that could have been great. It also seems that the show has gone into hyper-protective mode in terms of sex. We're seeing more sexual activity from the daughter and her affair with her teacher.. This is a real problem that still exist today. Move on to the subject of the title please... (Swingtown) The retro clothes and music are great. The show will keep our interest for only a few more episodes to see if it gets better. We have many many friends that fill the same way. Expand
  26. xu
    Jul 26, 2008
    Its the only show I watch every week. And I haven't done that in at least 10 years. I like the show - please keep it on the air. More complex than the basic theme. Includes some real personalities with some tough decisions in an interesting era. About time a show expressed some alternative lifestyle without being reality TV.
  27. ChristineS.
    Jul 25, 2008
    The pairing of the couples are great. The clothes (and the people wearing them) are awesome along with the music selection. This show is 'right on' for its portrayal of the 70s. Each couple brings a different 'flare'. It'll be fun to watch their personalities change as they all start to try to 'ventures'. I hope this show is a keeper!
  28. RachelD
    Jul 24, 2008
    Um.... well where to start. Perverted, gross, pointless, not funny, same thing over and over again. goodness I was sooooo bored watching it. And they dropped moonlight for this peice of ****. Wow.
  29. Janet
    Jul 23, 2008
    My boyfriend and I love watching this show! Every needs to realize that these lifestyles are still going on!
  30. EloyV.
    Jul 22, 2008
  31. KarenL.
    Jul 22, 2008
    We love the show. Great cast. Janet is slowly stealing the show. We grew up in the 70's so we love seeing all of the clothes we wore and hearing the music we grew up to. Great show!!!!!
  32. KarenW
    Jul 21, 2008
    I think this show is great, People need to give it a chance. I'm hooked. Hope it last, it seems every time they put on a show that I like, it gets canceled, just like Men In Trees ( another great show) This show is a great change from all the MCI and Law and Order shows. There is just too much of the killing and blood, guts and realty shows. Swingtime is a wonderful change from I think this show is great, People need to give it a chance. I'm hooked. Hope it last, it seems every time they put on a show that I like, it gets canceled, just like Men In Trees ( another great show) This show is a great change from all the MCI and Law and Order shows. There is just too much of the killing and blood, guts and realty shows. Swingtime is a wonderful change from these. Let's keep it going for awhile and see where the characters go. Love the music. Don't care too much for the daughter though. Expand
  33. Tonya
    Jul 21, 2008
    Best show on Television in years! The only thing that would make it better is if it were on HBO!
  34. Robin
    Jul 16, 2008
    The show is pretty good, I like it. It's a refreshing break from all of the ridiculous reality tv shows flooding the screen! I'd rather see it on cable (Showtime, HBO, etc) so you can get the full effect of the shows sexy concept. When I watched the pilot, I was left feeling "what more can this show be about?", but week after week, I enjoy the show a little more. I hope CBS The show is pretty good, I like it. It's a refreshing break from all of the ridiculous reality tv shows flooding the screen! I'd rather see it on cable (Showtime, HBO, etc) so you can get the full effect of the shows sexy concept. When I watched the pilot, I was left feeling "what more can this show be about?", but week after week, I enjoy the show a little more. I hope CBS gives it a chance. Expand
  35. Leslie
    Jul 15, 2008
    This is the BEST escape from reality! Experiencing and embracing the 70s with an open heart and mind! No need to focus on accuracies...it's ENTERTAINMENT!
  36. EloyV.
    Jul 12, 2008
  37. LeighA.
    Jul 12, 2008
    Best show in years. Intelligently written and very entertaining. It's more about relationships, not sex. Great acting all around. Must see TV.
  38. TJH
    Jul 11, 2008
    My favourite new show! I think the cast works great together, the writing is witting with a little bit. I really enjoy watching the show. The daughter is the only one that really doesn't work for me. I can't pin it down to any one thing...perhaps it's just the actress. Love Molly Parker. She was great in DeadWood too.
  39. TeresaK.
    Jul 10, 2008
    This is a great show you should watch it. I love the 70s thing.
  40. AnjelicaM.
    Jul 7, 2008
    I love that CBS demonstrated how everyone really acted and thought in the 70s. Contrary to popular belief not everyone was a swinger or a hippie. Much of America was still very conserative. I have no promblem with open realtionships...but that's me I am liberal.
  41. JoeF.
    Jul 7, 2008
    Having lived through that perod, I think the show is right on.
  42. ChrisJ.
    Jul 6, 2008
    Other than the excellent capture of the 70's, swingtown is a ghastly show. Everything about this show reeks. The story is dull and cliched. The characters are boring, everyone of them I wish to die. I can't stand to see my Tv insulted by something like this show.
  43. GinnyC.
    Jul 6, 2008
    I love this show and hope it survives beyond the summer. The 70's were my coming of age time and I'm really enjoying the look back.
  44. RobertK.
    Jul 5, 2008
    Great show - Look forward to each episode - Interesting subject matter done with taste - good casting, acting, music, props, wardrobes, etc. of era - portrays sincere feelings of spousal relationships as characters explore a more open marital and taboo friendship with others.
  45. TomF.
    Jul 5, 2008
    "Mad Men" light. And the 70's have been done to death.
  46. RobertH.
    Jul 5, 2008
    Great show....check it out.
  47. Val
    Jul 4, 2008
    It takes me back, love the small touches, baby oil for sunning, tab , music great, actors are not all very pretty but intriguing. Look forward to seeing it of course there is not much elso on these days.
  48. ChristineJ.
    Jul 4, 2008
    I really hope this show survives - each week I look forward to tripping down memory lane. (Sick to death of the Reality Show overkill!!). I'm especially getting drawn into the development of the 3 main women's characters, plus that of Grant Show's, and Susan's son - the other's are far less intriguing.
  49. FredA.
    Jul 4, 2008
    Really liked this show. Clothing was great to remember. Houses & Cabin where nice. The Tupperware was right out of the time period. To bad the cars where left out.
  50. JanetP
    Jul 3, 2008
    Show is one of the better over past few years. Great sound tracks and very authentic for the mid 70's. Great SHOW!
  51. EloyV.
    Jul 3, 2008
  52. WB
    Jul 2, 2008
    It seemed a little boring at first but has definitively improved. The friction between the swinger couple and the none swinger couple is hysterical. As one reviewer who didn't like it said "it would be better on HBO" and that is very true.
  53. CarrieF.
    Jul 1, 2008
    I love everything about this show.
  54. GAnders
    Jul 1, 2008
    I love this show! And I would have given it at 10 if it were on HBO and showed a little more sex and skin!
  55. Bobbi
    Jun 27, 2008
    Love the writing, characters, and the music!
  56. JaneP
    Jun 27, 2008
    Awesome.. We LOVE this show.. Finally something to look forward to on THURSDAY again! I can't wait to see what happens next!
  57. KatrinaT.
    Jun 27, 2008
    It's interesting for me because I was small child in the '70s and always wondered what was going on around me with the adults. I only heard the stories second hand. This gives me more of an idea. I like the retro feel to it..
  58. JamieB.
    Jun 27, 2008
    Love this show! Very intriguing and refreshingly different.
  59. ReneeA.
    Jun 21, 2008
    We are hooked. The show takes you thru all emotions of the person involved in the swing lifestyle. Has a great story line....keeps the viewers coming back for more and their DVR so they don't miss a second.
  60. CJ.
    Jun 20, 2008
    I think Swingtown has great characters that can really be expanded as the series continues. I like the struggles in all of them over good/evil, sex/no sex, right and wrong. I think at least within the lady characters there is a real struggle over life and lifestyle. I like it a lot. I think the men are pretty weak minded--they are thinking without thinking. Of course, males (yes I am one) I think Swingtown has great characters that can really be expanded as the series continues. I like the struggles in all of them over good/evil, sex/no sex, right and wrong. I think at least within the lady characters there is a real struggle over life and lifestyle. I like it a lot. I think the men are pretty weak minded--they are thinking without thinking. Of course, males (yes I am one) tend to do that sometimes. I would hope CBS would have this continue in the fall! Expand
  61. KayO.
    Love it!
  62. MaxE.
    Jun 19, 2008
    Best pilot in years. Best casting since the Sopranos pilot.
  63. R.D.
    Jun 19, 2008
    So all that was going on the in 70's...sorry I missed it. The show is occasionally poignant, often funny, and always nostalgic. It's a guilty pleasure for Thusday nights this summer. It's not trying to be Hamlet...and I don't want it to be.
  64. BT.
    Jun 16, 2008
    Very Dull and Slow.
  65. JohnandJenny
    Jun 15, 2008
    Kudos to CBS, for having the open mindedness, to produce this show! To all of you narrow minded hippocrates, shame on you. Your the same ones screaming about inmorality, and poor family values that are commiting adultery, deception, and will be joining the more then 60% of failing marriages. in the world today. Did you know, that out of those 60%, less then 1% are those who are involved Kudos to CBS, for having the open mindedness, to produce this show! To all of you narrow minded hippocrates, shame on you. Your the same ones screaming about inmorality, and poor family values that are commiting adultery, deception, and will be joining the more then 60% of failing marriages. in the world today. Did you know, that out of those 60%, less then 1% are those who are involved in the swinger lifestyle. Here's another bombshell, the reason for this is the lifestyle creates avenues to for marriage, that conventional marriages don't have. Believe it or not, you actually set aside time for each other! There are no jealousy, or trust issues, and niether one has to venture outside the marriage to seek friendship, companionship, and pleasure. My wife, and I feel so strongly about this subject that we have created a ministry, dedicated to educating couples in failing marriages to the benifits entering the lifestyle. It is called, Liberated Spritual Lifestylers. Look for one coming to a neighborhood near you soon! Expand
  66. BrandiZ.
    Jun 15, 2008
    This show is a lot of fun! If you are open-minded enough then this show will give you a look at the lifestyle that most envy. Carefree along with a bit of reality. Very dramatic, keeps you on your toes!
  67. ChrisK.
    Jun 15, 2008
    This show is very well written. It has humor and comedy and I hope it remains for a long time.
  68. KayO.
    Jun 14, 2008
    Love it!
  69. Steve
    Jun 13, 2008
    I can honestly say that this is the first show on CBS that I have watched and enjoyed. The show really brings back memories and is pretty true to the swinging scene back then.
  70. BrianR.
    Jun 12, 2008
    So much set up for awesome stories, expertly directed, incredible acting and fun 70's stuff and so sexy.
  71. ADub
    Jun 10, 2008
    The Swingtown pilot planted the seeds of a fascinating, subversive plot, the likes of which we're rarely fortunate enough to see on network TV. Filled with fantastic performances, beautiful art direction and a killer soundtrack, I highly recommend it to any intelligent person looking to enjoy some quality storytelling.
  72. Marjo
    Jun 10, 2008
    I, too, found the show refreshing. I will definitely be watching - great music, interesting characters - Hope CBS lets the show play out all the episodes. For those that don't like the show - turn the channel. Nobody forces you to watch
  73. Jeff
    Jun 9, 2008
    I enoyed it. I thought that the use of music was overdone, but it was campy fun and I will definitely tune in again. Excellent viewing choice for the whole family! Bravo CBS!
  74. M.Faivre
    Jun 7, 2008
    I found this show refreshing. It's intriguing to me, I will definitely be watching.
  75. MarleneT.
    Jun 6, 2008
    I felt it was an interesting piece. Great music! Suprised to see so much of the unspoken put on at a time where anyone could watch. Nice to see the network taking the risk.
  76. RB.
    Jun 6, 2008
    I am really disappointed at cbs. Young people who watch this have no idea what it was like in the 70's. The show left it as it was ok and made a marriage better to have sex outside of marriage . Doesn't the network know people don't want to see this. This should be on hbo or showtime, or not at all. Our kids don't have a chance to learn good morals, do they?
  77. BettinaC.
    Jun 6, 2008
    I have no interest in watching this show. This show should not be aired at all. It's pathetic and it perpetuate the immorality of that era. It is also sending a wrong message to the future our children.
  78. T.J.E.
    Jun 6, 2008
    CBS's last gasp: it has prostituted itself with toxic waste. Vomitting in public was once considered a poor form of self-expression. CBS has resurrected public vomit, that vile bile and indigestible rot from the pit of one's gut, with it's pilot, Swingtown. Swingtown features empty characters, decadent lives and moral depravity. Sheer self-involvement and selfishness reign CBS's last gasp: it has prostituted itself with toxic waste. Vomitting in public was once considered a poor form of self-expression. CBS has resurrected public vomit, that vile bile and indigestible rot from the pit of one's gut, with it's pilot, Swingtown. Swingtown features empty characters, decadent lives and moral depravity. Sheer self-involvement and selfishness reign across current media. If it weren't so damaging to family values, Swingtown would be laughable. Like many of CBS's other shows, Swingtown lacks depth, real humor or insight. It's a shame to squandered real cash on such a dismal pilot to again show the world that the USA is a material, sex obsessessed, heathen nation. No revelations here. This show is worse that 2 and a half Men and That Seventies Show. Trash. Trash. Trash. Expand
  79. MF
    Jun 6, 2008
    could have been good if it portrayed those NOT interested in it as normal too. Instead the monogamous couple are portrayed as too emotionally needy instead of comfortable enough to resist the lifestyle. Too skewed a perspective, and unbelievably cheesy.
    Jun 5, 2008
    First episode was great. Brought back lots of memories..the food, the styles, the music, the Bicentennial. Looking forward to the remaining episodes. Too bad the show won't last.

1. Reviewed by: Troy Patterson
    The relative tameness of Swingtown makes the unease it provokes more inviting: You tune in to see the bodies and stick around for the minds.
  2. It has one thing going for it--the essential thing. That is, deft writing that yields the kind of suspense that causes people to want to know what comes next. That's no small achievement for a series whose characters are so entirely devoid of, yes, character--or anything resembling an interesting thought.
  3. Even skillful performances by its largely unknown cast aren't able to hide the lack of character development and the sense that the people in this series are almost self-parodies.