Teachers : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Mar 28, 2006
6.5

1. RyanD
    May 8, 2006
    I think that the script came across as trying too hard. The producers would do much better focusing more on Phil Hendrie's character...and give the entire show more bite rather than predictable, canned jokes.
  2. IanI
    Mar 28, 2006
    "Teachers" isn't half-bad." is about as well as it can be put, I enjoy scrubs (from the same writer) but the bottom line is this show just doesn't feel like somthing that will keep me comming back, yes it had the same 1 liners and "dumb comments" that you can expect from these run of the mill sitcoms but I saw nothing to make this show anything but that, run of the mill. It was "Teachers" isn't half-bad." is about as well as it can be put, I enjoy scrubs (from the same writer) but the bottom line is this show just doesn't feel like somthing that will keep me comming back, yes it had the same 1 liners and "dumb comments" that you can expect from these run of the mill sitcoms but I saw nothing to make this show anything but that, run of the mill. It was just the pilot however, who knows where this show could end up, the pilot of Sienfeld was in my opinion non impressive (though that was mostly because george and kramer had not yet come to understand thier roles so jerry was forced to carry the show) who knows, I don't see any future in this show right now. Expand
  3. tomp
    Mar 29, 2006
    Coming from a teacher, this could be a great show, but the premier was extremely lackluster. Ditch the laugh track, the slapstick, and the extreme goofiness, and give us something a little more tangible. Better writing would be a good start. The series begs for something a little more quirky, a la Scrubs, The Office, etc. Why do people even allow laugh tracks anymore?
  4. AadipD
    Apr 18, 2006
    Somehow, with several quality actors, this show is nearly unwatchable. I just don't care what happens to any of the characters.

1. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    The U.S. version of "Teachers" has lost much of its grit and feels thuddingly conventional.
  2. Bad? It's a leech on your soul. Never have 22 minutes so felt like 44 minutes.
  3. It has potential.