• Network: FOX
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 26, 2011
6.1

1. Nov 23, 2011
    The show has great special effects and a premise that had so much potential. But with the exception of the first episode it has been nothing family struggles and soap opera moments. None of the characters are particularly cool or interesting. The only one I like is the Steven Lang character and his character is essentially the dude from Avatar that he played. You would think they wouldThe show has great special effects and a premise that had so much potential. But with the exception of the first episode it has been nothing family struggles and soap opera moments. None of the characters are particularly cool or interesting. The only one I like is the Steven Lang character and his character is essentially the dude from Avatar that he played. You would think they would show more dinosaurs and scifi stuff but over the season the show has lost it's identity. Too many filler episodes and not enough episodes that move along the central plot. Picture the slump Lost got itself into except this time it started from the start. Expand
  2. Feb 3, 2012
    I've recently finished the last episode, and I thought I look after the release of the second season. I was flabbergasted when I saw the negative critics all over the net. But I don't understand why?! I'm not a big series fan to be honest. The last one I saw, was one and a half year ago; but for me, the only problem were the effects, because they were a bit unrealistic. Especially for theI've recently finished the last episode, and I thought I look after the release of the second season. I was flabbergasted when I saw the negative critics all over the net. But I don't understand why?! I'm not a big series fan to be honest. The last one I saw, was one and a half year ago; but for me, the only problem were the effects, because they were a bit unrealistic. Especially for the dinosaurs. On the other hand, the plot was excellent, the actors were likeable and the world was awesome. I really hope, they will continue this series, because the end of the last episode got me really excited. Collapse
  3. Feb 20, 2012
    This show is pretty good i liked it and it's deffinately worth trying out if your into scifi
  4. Mar 18, 2012
    Terra Nova had potential to be a lot better than it was because of its good mythology/overall story arc, but instead of focusing on the mythology like it should have, until the end it stayed in the background and the bulk of the series was standard sci-fi filler episodes, with bog standard stories you've seen before in any Syfy show - someone gets murdered, someone gets a virus, they getTerra Nova had potential to be a lot better than it was because of its good mythology/overall story arc, but instead of focusing on the mythology like it should have, until the end it stayed in the background and the bulk of the series was standard sci-fi filler episodes, with bog standard stories you've seen before in any Syfy show - someone gets murdered, someone gets a virus, they get attacked by an unknown new creature. Its still decent though and started an interesting story for season 2 if it gets one on Netflix. Expand
  5. May 10, 2012
    Terra Nova had great writing great consistent character and a crazy amazing plot line! It was one of the few tv shows that really showed how a tv show can be produced well and seem like a movie through the whole series.
  6. Sep 23, 2012
    I was highly anticipating Tera Nova. Unfortunately, it fails to live up to the hype achieved by other action themed live action TV shows like "The Walking Dead". It was a good show while it lasted, but mainly, I just wanted to see more dinosaurs. I wanted something like "Jurassic Park" or "Walking with Dinosaurs" where there were dinosaurs wherever. It was still an okay show, it it needed work.
  7. May 16, 2013
    I missed this show when it first ran because I took a trip to the US but now that I've seen it I know I didn't miss too much. It started out OK but never really went anywhere, and even though it ended well it was left open for the second season that never came. I also didn't like the fact that the dinosaurs were pretty much irrelevant. Overall a decent show but nothing worth going out ofI missed this show when it first ran because I took a trip to the US but now that I've seen it I know I didn't miss too much. It started out OK but never really went anywhere, and even though it ended well it was left open for the second season that never came. I also didn't like the fact that the dinosaurs were pretty much irrelevant. Overall a decent show but nothing worth going out of the way to watch. Expand
  8. Jul 7, 2014
    A show that started somewhat good turned to crap later in the season. Horrible acting, dialogue, and plot lines made this series a complete dud. Glad it was cancelled.
  9. Jul 9, 2014
    An interesting concept on the whole with some nice special effects and a decent story, but I can't help but feel that dinosaurs don't really go well on a TV series rather than a full-on film.
  10. Apr 16, 2015
    It's a very good tv-show i think it"s one of the best i have watched since tower prep! You should check this show out it's on netflix so if you have a profile then watch it!

1. Reviewed by: Matt Zoller Seitz
    Sep 28, 2011
    Nothing in this pilot is as compelling as the idea for the show, which begs philosophical and ethical questions that Spielberg and company (for now, at least) aren't interested in addressing.
  2. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Sep 27, 2011
    Even with Steven Spielberg listed among the executive producers, this distant world doesn't inspire much awe. [3 Oct 2011, p.45]
  3. Reviewed by: David Wiegand
    Sep 26, 2011
    The slowdown of the show's pace is one thing, but the real issue here is that the family element often feels inauthentic and just isn't up to the quality of the CGI-fueled action sequences.