• Network: FX
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 8, 2010
  • Season #: 1
8.6

1. Sep 24, 2010
    This is yet another great show put together by FX. The main characters work so well together as a duo and the supporting cast just add to that. I would recommend this show to pretty much everyone. Its a great hour of television when there is so much undesirable shows out there. I will definitely be tuning in each week to watch this show!
  2. Oct 26, 2010
    "Terriers" is currently my favorite show. It's smart, funny, well written, and well acted. Best written show I've seen in awhile. Dialogue and story telling. The characters are so well drawn. Complex and real. I don't see how anyone wouldn't get absorbed in Hank's and Britt's lives, if they give the show a chance. Too bad more people aren't watching. It's much better than any program on network. I hope FX sticks with it based on critical reception. Expand
  3. Sep 13, 2010
    I don't know why I'm so attracted to stories about losers (probably because they parallel my own life) but this is my kind of show. It's tailor made for Donal Logue who seems so suited for roles as down on his luck outsiders that I have to believe he's had personal experience.
  4. Sep 16, 2010
    Terriers is funny, original, scruffy, endearing. The cast is great. Watch it: you'll be smiling the whole time. Pining after the ex is a bit tired and out of character, but I'm hooked nonetheless.
  5. Dec 19, 2010
    This was one of the best new shows on telly and I find it hard to take that a show of this quality, gets cancelled after an amazing first season. When you see some of the long running and painful garbage that just keeps going and going... anyway don't let the fact that this show has been cancelled put you off from an amazing first season. Great cast, fresh and funny r.i.p terriers.
  6. Sep 19, 2011
    I enjoyed this show a lot and I wish Terriers would be revived. The show is a bit silly, but thats the charm. And the title song is great, it captures the the vibe of the story and the characters.
  7. Nov 28, 2011
    We love this show and are heartbroken it's been canceled. The cast, writing, story etc were not the boring formula, but was outside the box, cleaver , witty, funny, maybe enough people didnt get to watch it yet. Bring it back again!
  8. Sep 18, 2010
    Now that Monk has reached its finale, it is a pleasant surprise to see Terriers - there are many parallels between these two private eye shows and some excellent differences. My only complaint about Terriers is that Hank and Britt speak so fast and so softly that I have to keep the captioning on to catch their drift. Very amusing. I like all the surprises and carrying plots forward, the legal ramifications, the seedy side of L.A. Go, dogs! Expand
  9. Oct 13, 2010
    Easily one of my favorite new shows of the fall season. Filled with witty dialogue, zany cases and a few stellar one-liners, Terriers is yet another great show from the already fierce F/X line-up.
  10. Oct 17, 2010
    this is an honestly great show....more like a long movie because there is a continuation in storyline.

but the heart of the show are the main characters - britt, hank, katie, steph......they make you care for them. they are people who you can identify with.

please FX suits - don't cancel
  11. Oct 10, 2010
    Quickly endearing show with well developed characters. Very unique and full of surprises. I'm glad this show is on FX and not a major TV channel--it is so good, a major channel would quickly cancel it. I will definitely be watching it.
  12. Oct 21, 2010
    They really need to separate pilot reviews from season reviews. Admittedly, the pilot was awkward. A strange blend of drama, comedy, and gruff.

From the second episode on, the show really hits its stride. I don't want to give away too much, but the conflicts and story arcs are constantly opening and closing in abrupt, natural ways. It may take a while for the show to really take off with
    viewers, but Terriers fills the dark comedy/drama void that Dexter left for me a while ago. Expand
  13. Nov 2, 2010
    Smartly written, well acted and an obvious refusal to go overboard. There is a simplicity to the shows format but a true depth to both the characters and the world they inhabit. You can enjoy it for the witty humor, original story lines or (hopefully) both. It is still too early to tell if there will be a larger arc to this first season but the first 5 episodes string together nicely to encourage the viewer to keep up and to also make itself accessible to new viewers. Few shows this new season seem to offer the same fun and attraction that Terriers does. Try the first three episodes on and you'll have a very good picture for what you're in for. More than likely, you'll like what you see. Expand
  14. Nov 27, 2010
    This is a fantastic ne show and rightfully deserves all the praise it gets. The acting is fantastic and the writing is brilliant to say the least. This is one of the best new show of the fall and is not to be missed.
  15. Dec 5, 2010
    This show is amazing. I saw the commercials for the show earlier in the year and was intrigued by them as i didn't have a clue as to what the show was about. The more I heard and saw the more interested I got. When the show released I wasn't sure what to expect and was unsure about it at first. Early reviews seemed to support my theory that this show hadn't hooked everyone with it's pilot. I liked it enough though, as the characters are amazing and relatable, to keep watching. I am really glad I did too as Terriers has become one of my favorites and is one of those shows worth staying up late to watch. It's only gotten better as the season has progressed and I can't wait for another season. Expand
  16. May 8, 2011
    Brilliant, Brilliant Brilliant. If you loved Breaking Bad, and was an admirer of Hank Williams in Californication then you will love this TV series. The ending of the 3rd episode is one of the best cliff hangers i have seen for a long long time. Genius. Watch and be thankful that this is an equal ( dare i say ..even maybe better ) to breaking Bad. Enjoy , Enjoy, enjoy.
  17. Sep 4, 2011
    Awesome show. I believe it is going to be canceled, or already was. But I think this show for FX is a bit less crude humor, something new. It is a fairly action packed, and keeps me on my seat.
  18. Jun 4, 2011
    My husband started to watch the show with me and became a huge fan. He felt the hour was too short. We both looked forward to seeing the show the following week. We are sorry that they took off the show. Maybe USA can pick it up since they have such good shows.
  19. Sep 19, 2011
    Wonderfully written and beautifully acted. And whenever I see an intelligent, engaging show like this actually make it onto the programming schedule it is followed - at least for me - by a slightly queasy feeling in my stomach that intimates imminent cancellation.
  20. ric
    Oct 31, 2011
    Jerky but smart, intensely humorous but in a dark way, fresh but full of scruffy people, lovable characters in deeply flawed love, unwashed human flaws and misgivings. Totally Californian. Loved it while it lasted
  21. Dec 29, 2011
    Very well-written crime drama with plenty of hooks to power through 13 episodes. Private investigators > police detectives. Donal Logue does an excellent job of playing another likable, relatable character.
  22. Apr 22, 2012
    This is one of my favorite shows of all time. Right up there with Breaking Bad and Battlestar Galactica. Donal Logue and Michael Raymond James are best friends in the show and in real life, so their chemistry is fantastic. The show is a great drama and can be very funny as well. Top notch righting and acting. The stand alone episodes are great, but the overarching plot is where the show really shines. It is a very intriguing mystery that really keeps you on the edge of your seat. Sadly it only got one season, but it wraps itself up nicely at the end. Do yourself a favor, watch this show. Expand
  23. Jan 24, 2013
    Terriers first (and unfortunately only) season was near perfection. The story was captivating and the characters were interesting. The biggest thing that sets Terriers apart from the competition is its believability. I have never felt more connected to a group of fictional characters. Highly recommended.

1. Reviewed by: Alan Sepinwall
    It's not an ambitious show. It doesn't have the historical sweep and dazzling visuals of something like HBO's upcoming "Boardwalk Empire." Yet in trying to tell good old-fashioned detective stories featuring a pair of leads I kept wanting to spend time with, it quickly joined "Boardwalk" as one of my two favorite new shows of this fall.
    Here's one of the most offbeat new shows of the new season. Also one of the best. [13 Sep 2010, p.48]
  3. Reviewed by: Troy Patterson
    A typical episode of Terriers jolts abruptly from cutesy escapades to head-cracking fights, from loud escapism to misty tenderness, from easygoing comedy to strained seriousness. The tonal unevenness feels less like the conscious product of an ambitious design than the unplanned consequence of an exceedingly ambitious one.