• Network: NBC
  • Series Premiere Date: Apr 9, 2007
4.9

1. Dr.footwear
    May 10, 2007
    The show could be better but it just isn't.David Allen Grier stinks as host and the guests they get are b level at best. you'll chuckle every so often,but for the most part its alot of Ummm ...uhhh....yes...yes..right..
  2. DAVEN
    Apr 10, 2007
    This show has the potential to be funny, but 80% of the material in the first two episodes was really lame. First, because they should either get some REAL, A-list celebrities, or use unknown stand-up comics who are trying to build their reputations. Who's gonna tune in to watch Edie McClurg and Mo'nique? Second, having the outcome determined by one lone C-list "celebrity" (Dave This show has the potential to be funny, but 80% of the material in the first two episodes was really lame. First, because they should either get some REAL, A-list celebrities, or use unknown stand-up comics who are trying to build their reputations. Who's gonna tune in to watch Edie McClurg and Mo'nique? Second, having the outcome determined by one lone C-list "celebrity" (Dave Foley) is stupid. Why him? Why does HE get to decide? How about letting the audience decide, using an applause meter or by pressing buttons? Third, if you're gonna go improv, then let the participants do their own thing. In most of the skits it felt like the "staff" actors were deliberately trying to throw the guest actors off-balance. I suspect this show will die like a dog. And nobody will miss it. Expand
  3. MrAngy
    Apr 23, 2007
    Pales in comparison to the original Australian version, which is somewhat surprising, considering the efforts taken to create a perfect replica. What has changed is the most integral item; the players. Where the Australian version largely uses stand-up comics, the US incarnation seems to be based around network actors formerly of popular sitcoms. You have to wonder if the intent might be Pales in comparison to the original Australian version, which is somewhat surprising, considering the efforts taken to create a perfect replica. What has changed is the most integral item; the players. Where the Australian version largely uses stand-up comics, the US incarnation seems to be based around network actors formerly of popular sitcoms. You have to wonder if the intent might be for a laugh at the expense of the guests, rather than at their wit and and quick thinking. In fairness it's not the worst show you'll see and it's certainly not wrong to find it genuinely funny at times, but the simple fact that they broke a winning concept outweighs any positives. Expand
  4. AaronS
    May 2, 2007
    Painfully unfunny. NBC should just put this show out of its misery and spare us the same.
  5. RaisaJ
    Apr 12, 2007
    Dave Foley is great and it is sad to see him in a mess like this with washed up sitcom dregs like Jason Alexander, Fran Drescher and Kevin Nealon. I look forward to cancellation of this show and Dave Foley's next project. We all need a break from the overexposed and under talented Jason Alexander... can he please just go away?
  6. GerrickC
    Apr 17, 2007
    This show has its funny moments, and even provides some real originality, but it cannot compete with "Whose Line is it Anyway?"
  7. Cindy
    Apr 18, 2007
    Dave Foley was pretty useless. I don't need someone to comment or interpret the jokes to me. I get it. We all get it. And we don't think it's all that funny.
  8. BlakeM
    Apr 11, 2007
    Just not very funny unfortunately...
  9. EthanL
    Apr 12, 2007
    Stupid. Looks like a show that belongs on PBS. So boring. I changed channels and started watching Dancing With The Stars. (According to Nielsen Media Research, so did the rest of America.)
  10. Rich
    Apr 14, 2007
    This show is crap. The actors, who suck, aren't funny and they're clearly caught off guard by not knowing what the situation, which is the purpose of the show, so their material stinks. I wonder why the person who gave it a 10 didn't leave their name...

A very hit-or-miss improvisational exercise, with miles of miss for every inch of hit.
    NBC's new "Thank God You're Here" doesn't start out as strong as I'd hoped. It has potential, though.
    There are a few funny moments, I guess, but the show is certainly nothing to plan your evening around.