• Network: The CW
  • Series Premiere Date: Mar 19, 2014
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
6.7

1. Feb 14, 2018
    Dry, cliche-ridden script? Check. Mediocre delivery of said script? Check. Predictable plot lines with plenty of old sci-fi set pieces? Check. Shameless, gratuitous sex appeal and crass romances? Check.

It's a show about 100 dangerously attractive juvenile delinquents (along with their makeup artists) being sent to Earth from a failing space station to see if it's habitable. They say stupid things. They do stupid things. They get themselves into stupid situations. But there's some good CGI/SFX and some good acting (Henry Ian Cusick and Lindsey Morgan come to mind), and if you don't mind eating up some classic CW pandering, then this Hunger-Games-meets-Lord-of-the-Flies-meets-Maze-Runner crossover can also be one of the greatest guilty pleasures on TV.
  2. Feb 3, 2018
    This is the first time, in a long time, that I felt compelled to do a total immersion in a TV show to get caught up . Yep, 2014 to present... Yes, it has its up and downs with every other scene being one of life and death, and who's playing God now (then we break for a hook-up moment) but mostly with dialogue, via the same lines being repeated like, "You can do this" could become aThis is the first time, in a long time, that I felt compelled to do a total immersion in a TV show to get caught up . Yep, 2014 to present... Yes, it has its up and downs with every other scene being one of life and death, and who's playing God now (then we break for a hook-up moment) but mostly with dialogue, via the same lines being repeated like, "You can do this" could become a drinking game while watching. Overall though, the cast is (was) great (many have been killed off)...directing...good....and story line...well....interesting even to someone who has seen just about every apocalyptic film to date. Expand
  3. Feb 2, 2018
    I will admit that I am very much a Sci-Fi aficionado, and I keep looking and hoping for a great TV adventure. This isn't it. My 2 has nothing to do with science incongruities as I am used to it and there is a ton of it in this show. It's not about how pretty everyone looks either or any of the production. I will not go into details because the list would be way too long. I will say this. II will admit that I am very much a Sci-Fi aficionado, and I keep looking and hoping for a great TV adventure. This isn't it. My 2 has nothing to do with science incongruities as I am used to it and there is a ton of it in this show. It's not about how pretty everyone looks either or any of the production. I will not go into details because the list would be way too long. I will say this. I come from Wisconsin, and I know cheese when i see it. The amount of suspension of disbelief this show requires is off the charts. The writers use every stupid emotional trick in the book and then some, and that makes what could have been a passably decent show into pure cheese. I must say that I'm close to the end of season one, and that's why I gave it a 2 instead of a 0. Because it actually kept me that long, hoping it gets better. It doesn't. Expand
  4. Jan 19, 2018
    Having watched incredible prestige television cropping up over the last 5-10 years, an appetite arises for something different. The 100 isn't a huge departure from what you'd expect from a young adult-driven, scifi/fantasy drama, but it is executed in a way that remixes so many elements enjoyed elsewhere. Apparently the negative reviewers don't see it the same way, but I absolutelyHaving watched incredible prestige television cropping up over the last 5-10 years, an appetite arises for something different. The 100 isn't a huge departure from what you'd expect from a young adult-driven, scifi/fantasy drama, but it is executed in a way that remixes so many elements enjoyed elsewhere. Apparently the negative reviewers don't see it the same way, but I absolutely recommend you give it a try if you're in the least bit interested in the plot synopsis.

The 100 operates like a more brutal version of Lost, but much more grounded in its plot exposition and instead of constant new mysteries and puzzles, the protagonists find themselves instead in more precarious, dangerous, and worst-case scenario circumstances. Honestly, I've joked with my wife that the writers on this show are masochists, always placing these characters in circumstances and seeing how far down the "everything goes wrong" path they can go without completing killing everyone. Adding to the dramatic thread through each season is the ever-precarious, near-extinction of the human race, and you end up with a massively addicting and rewarding show. I also will argue that some of the adults' acting here is absolutely marvelous. The young adults grow into their roles over time, too.

Any show with this much back and forth on loving or hating it beckons a look from a curious audience. Highly recommended -- try on the first 3-4 episodes before deciding whether to continue or ditch.
  5. Nov 23, 2017
    Nothing anybody says or does makes any sense. The "civilizations" portrayed in this show wouldn't last five minutes if any of the characters were smart (or even sane). Leaders are all incompetent, sociopathic crackpots.

Interesting premise. Production value is fantastic, acting is mostly alright, but the writing is utter trash. Treat it like a comedy and you're good to go. Quite enjoyable.

Give it a go. If you hate it, no big deal. If you like the spectacle of a good warehouse fire or a train wreck, The 100 might be for you.
  6. Nov 16, 2017
    My favorite series of all time. Previously it was Prison Break and Supernatural, but after watching the 100 I really felt something special.

To be honest, I thought this series would be a piece of trash after the first episode. The music just did not fit the setting AT ALL. But because I was bored, I just let the series continue in the background and play on my phone at the same time. Then something happened (will not spoiler), which had me think like: "What the hell did just happen? How did this happen?"

So I started watching from episode 1 again and this show really gave me chills.
    Season 4 is especially good. I love it!!!
  7. Sep 2, 2017
    One of the best series produced! Great cast, good driver, well-crafted characters and lots of action in each episode. It is impossible not to love Bellarke.
  8. Aug 5, 2017
    es una muy buena muestra de que protagonistas jóvenes no hace un guion flojo. Contiene muy buenos momentos de tensión y cada capitulo aprovecha cada minuto para dar una experiencia completamente placenteras. Si bien tiene un comienzo muy torpe, a partir del capitulo 5 el guion se vuelve mas consistente y se muestra una gran mejoría tanto en drama como en diálogos. una de las mejores serieses una muy buena muestra de que protagonistas jóvenes no hace un guion flojo. Contiene muy buenos momentos de tensión y cada capitulo aprovecha cada minuto para dar una experiencia completamente placenteras. Si bien tiene un comienzo muy torpe, a partir del capitulo 5 el guion se vuelve mas consistente y se muestra una gran mejoría tanto en drama como en diálogos. una de las mejores series de ciencia ficción. Expand
  9. Jun 18, 2017
    So I watched 3 seasons and god it was the most horrible acting I've ever seen. It almost feels like a forced school play even tho the story had loads of potential.

The acting killed the tv show and ofcourse there are a few other things that ruined it. Like the enormous loud "Background" music.
    Watching this show was very cringy and made me feel uncomfortable.
  10. Jun 4, 2017
    CW those two letters mad me think why am i giving this any of my time and what you may think about the cw is true here BUT there's something about this show thats different the acting is goodish the premise is cool i have the privilege of reviewing this in 2017 after season 4 the acting gets better by the way just watch this you won't be disappointed
  11. May 14, 2017
    Let's talk about the "science" of this show, or more the lack thereof. The show makers completely ignore so much of what would happen after a nuclear war, such as nuclear winter, extreme global climate chang, or even a changing ecosystem. They were like, "BOMBS MAKE THINGS GLOW IN THE DARK AND GROW TWO HEADS!" Then there is the space-station, where the characters have limited resourcesLet's talk about the "science" of this show, or more the lack thereof. The show makers completely ignore so much of what would happen after a nuclear war, such as nuclear winter, extreme global climate chang, or even a changing ecosystem. They were like, "BOMBS MAKE THINGS GLOW IN THE DARK AND GROW TWO HEADS!" Then there is the space-station, where the characters have limited resources where things like cables, metal, and square footage are extremely valuable, but all the sets look like something from star trek with some grime painted on and loose cables hanging around.

Next, let's talk the script, my gods it's bad. it's like someone put" the hunger games" and "lord of the flies" into a woodchipper and taped togeather what was spat out. The dialogue is sub-par, the plot is full to the brim with cliches, and to top it all off they named one of the bad guys Cain! For crying out loud how more on the nose can you get with a name?

Then there is the acting, wow... I know finding good teen actors can be hard but this feels more like a high school production than something made for TV. Everyone's line delivery is stiff or overdone, I believe a dog's emotional performance more than the actors, and even the adult actors are lacking.

All and all stay away from this show, unless you want something to rip into with your friends MST3K style.
  12. Apr 12, 2017
    I think it's one of the best series on the planet, affection with the characters, everything is so beautiful, Their performances, The cast and the plot :)
    This is amazing
  13. Mar 29, 2017
    Good effort for the obvious low budget. Yes, you may want to see one or two annoying millennial main characters be killed off, hoping they meet their end soon is part of the amusement...but the overall effort is not bad.
  14. Mar 26, 2017
    Year 1 of The 100 is brilliant TV. Technically flawed, but a fun show to watch.

Year 1 of The 100 is brilliant TV. Technically flawed, but a fun show to watch.

Technically, the show is infuriating. Not once in Year 1 is a geiger-counter seen, as if the technology of people who have been in space for 100 years would preclude them from measuring radiation levels. In the first show they see 2 headed animals and glow in the dark insects but after the first couple of episodes such things are no longer present. There are a lot of survivors and they're all dressed like cavemen; a nuclear holocaust would kill a lot of people but leave 90% of "stuff" undamaged, so there would be a lot of clothes and homes and guns around; why in 100 years didn't these cave people find any of the stuff from modern society?

Once you get past the idea that this could ever happen, there's a lot of fun stuff that's highly entertaining. And thats why we watch Sci-Fy, right, to be entertained. The first season is by far the best.
  15. Mar 25, 2017
    It slowly gets worse every episode. Mysterious beginning when enemy was unknown and story-line was going somewhere. Sadly, Barbie-dolls with limited combat experience suddenly became unbeatable fighting machines and show lost it's unknown quality. It became a story about barbie dolls who overcame a well trained enemy, by killing then with super human strength. In the end the story becameIt slowly gets worse every episode. Mysterious beginning when enemy was unknown and story-line was going somewhere. Sadly, Barbie-dolls with limited combat experience suddenly became unbeatable fighting machines and show lost it's unknown quality. It became a story about barbie dolls who overcame a well trained enemy, by killing then with super human strength. In the end the story became just another stupid fantasy plot. Completely unrealistic to Sci Fiction fans and where did all the grownups disappear to? No good story-line and just too many skinny female heroes to save the day.. Expand
  16. Mar 13, 2017
    This show is a fabulous show! its so interesting and has many unique aspects involving the future of the human race but it also deals with sci fi, drama, and the life of many unique people. I highly recommend for you to give it a shot because the storyline begins to develop and draw you in jus GIVE IT A SHOT PLZ! you have to watch it
  17. Mar 6, 2017
    Really loved the first two seasons of this. The Clarke/Lexa stuff got me hooked, but also I’m a sucker for some crappy campy sci-fi, and The 100 is certainly that. It’s a desperate kinda show. The situation is desperate, the characters are desperate, the plot makes a lot of reaches to finish itself. A lot of time it felt like the show was taking itself apart trying to come to conclusionsReally loved the first two seasons of this. The Clarke/Lexa stuff got me hooked, but also I’m a sucker for some crappy campy sci-fi, and The 100 is certainly that. It’s a desperate kinda show. The situation is desperate, the characters are desperate, the plot makes a lot of reaches to finish itself. A lot of time it felt like the show was taking itself apart trying to come to conclusions and tie things up. But I got attached to characters and the world and that’s what matters to me.

Got side tracked waiting for the third season to come out, but I watched some of the second season with you. A lot of the more violent stuff in it freaked you out. I think it was one of the grittier shows we watched together, which is funny because everything is so fake. But this show is so much more about separation and loss and endings. It takes place in hard climates, both geographic and political. People are cruel and don’t care about each other. When they do, it isn’t always healthy. I think the show was too real for you, in a funny way. It wasn’t a bright and happy distraction, and you made us stop watching pretty quickly.

Show Rating: 8/10
    Viewing Experience: 5/10
  18. Mar 1, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I like the idea but just name the issues of THIS show:
    1. You call it the 100 but kill off two of the kids right when they hit the ground (already down to 98)
    2. For a group of smart people they sure are **** stupid "Instead of sending experts with survival skills and gear to read radioactivity we are gonna send you 100 unskilled brats onto the world and follow your vital signs to see if the world os habitable for us."
    3.Why send so many? Why not just like 20 of them because with 100 hormonal teen criminals you know bad **** is bound to happen. Just another way to make these ARK people look stupider when they are supposed to be smart.
  19. Feb 16, 2017
    I used to be the biggest fan but that was just in season 1 and 2. They were really my cup of tea and even though there was too much relationship drama I loved it. In season 3 it became too unreal, too weird and too twisted. I lost my interest. Season 4 actually looks like something I could love again so I am giving it a shot but I don't know if it can come back to where it used to be. TheI used to be the biggest fan but that was just in season 1 and 2. They were really my cup of tea and even though there was too much relationship drama I loved it. In season 3 it became too unreal, too weird and too twisted. I lost my interest. Season 4 actually looks like something I could love again so I am giving it a shot but I don't know if it can come back to where it used to be. The characters either became really annoying or they died and there's too much of something that really doesn't feel good but I just can't name it. Expand
  20. Gin
    Feb 10, 2017
    No 'The 100' will never win an award, but it's super fun to watch. Not sure why so many are hung up on the "Sci Fi" label and tearing it apart for it's "bad" writing. Some things aren't meant to change the world, they're there for mindless entertainment. I must be one of the "unintelligent millennial's" who does like this hour long respite from the real world every week. It gets betterNo 'The 100' will never win an award, but it's super fun to watch. Not sure why so many are hung up on the "Sci Fi" label and tearing it apart for it's "bad" writing. Some things aren't meant to change the world, they're there for mindless entertainment. I must be one of the "unintelligent millennial's" who does like this hour long respite from the real world every week. It gets better fyi. Season 1 is a little dodgy on the acting. But the whole concept of survival among young people who have no prior concept of risk or murder is intriguing. You'll know by episode 1 if you like it. I definitely did. Expand
  21. Feb 5, 2017
    Very off and on . The original concepts are few and far between but are nice to see and it is hard to enjoy when so much agenda is being forced down your throat and so many characters appear to be created to fit a particular political viewpoint. Add to that the oh so trendy adult teenager cast
    The show had potential , but every-time it got to a good place it seemed to ruin it with the criticisms listed above . Overall , not horrible and it is watchable . If trying at times . But it could so easily of been improved
  22. Feb 2, 2017
    Who in the heck thinks it's a good idea to play music throughout the entire show? Most of the time the actors speak in low and whispered voices and because of that darn music, you can't hear what they are saying. It's very distracting, annoying, and unnecessary. And for that reason, I give it a 5 out of 10 rating.
  23. Jan 13, 2017
    If you stopped watching within the first three episodes, you have no idea what you are missing. It only goes up from there. I was completely thrown off-guard by how much I loved it and how attached to the characters I got. Totally underrated.
  24. Jan 5, 2017
    my sister is forcing me to watch this past the first few episodes. i'm on episode 4, keep falling asleep halfway through it. literally one of the most disorganized shows i've ever seen. first 2 episodes were okay but since they've landed it's nothing but confusion.
  25. Oct 30, 2016
    Highly predictable with cliches and formulaic writing. Acting is what you would expect from teens and kids which is fine if they didnt take themselves so seriously but that is the weakness of the show. The tone is much too serious for the quality of writing and acting so its hard to enjoy the show without cringing every other minute. Groundless romances, meaningless emotional outbursts,Highly predictable with cliches and formulaic writing. Acting is what you would expect from teens and kids which is fine if they didnt take themselves so seriously but that is the weakness of the show. The tone is much too serious for the quality of writing and acting so its hard to enjoy the show without cringing every other minute. Groundless romances, meaningless emotional outbursts, eye rolling situations... nothing makes sense and we are not talking about elementary school characters... many are young adults and most are at least mid to late teens and as dumb as people can be, even cavemen weren't this bad. The show is yet another Lord of the Flies clone, this time piggy backing on the science fiction category. There is very little science in this show aside from the fact that it takes place in a future with advanced technology, it really is not "science" fiction, rather just plain fiction. The show tried to force a lot of emotional situations down your throat but since characters are not well developed, i could care less for their problems. Most of the time I was cheering for the bad guys just to liven up the show a bit but alas, it never does pick up. I would avoid this show. Expand
  26. Sep 26, 2016
    Considering it is a CW show, I was lenient and expected a show that relied more on teenage love triangles to steer the plot more than science fiction. It was exactly that and while it is undoubtedly entertaining, there just isn't enough to make me care for the characters throughout an entire season.
  27. Jul 7, 2016
    This is a barely watchable show. The show's plotline is milking a weird combination of Twilight meets Game of thrones. Most of the situations in this show, which the show uses as plot arcs can easily be avoided. The shows constant use of fleeting romances to create additional subplots along with a very linear writing direction gets routine after the first two seasons. Generic and mundaneThis is a barely watchable show. The show's plotline is milking a weird combination of Twilight meets Game of thrones. Most of the situations in this show, which the show uses as plot arcs can easily be avoided. The shows constant use of fleeting romances to create additional subplots along with a very linear writing direction gets routine after the first two seasons. Generic and mundane for about 40 mins with a cliffhanger at the end of each episode to keep you semi interested. IF you have nothing else to watch and time to kill then yes you can "swallow" this. But if you have taste, AVOID. Expand
  28. Jun 28, 2016
    A cliche after another, literally. How many times did I see a scene where a man with a knife unties another one but it looks like he is going to stab him at first? I think that particular one was there at least 3 times by the episode 6 of season 2. Really painful to watch. Especially that it is basically a teenage drama.
    But at the same time it hooks you up. You want to know what happens
    But at the same time it hooks you up. You want to know what happens next. So get yourself a bottle of good wine before watching this. You'll need it and you'll thank me later.
  29. Jun 11, 2016
    Extremely disappointing show. Does not deserve the sic-fi label. Extremely boring first season, not many good storylines, especially in season 1 and 3. The writing is overall terrible and the writers don't seem to understand the characters and their motives. A lot of out of character decisions and actions. A promising storyline about settlement and working together with natives was thrownExtremely disappointing show. Does not deserve the sic-fi label. Extremely boring first season, not many good storylines, especially in season 1 and 3. The writing is overall terrible and the writers don't seem to understand the characters and their motives. A lot of out of character decisions and actions. A promising storyline about settlement and working together with natives was thrown away for a pathetically badly written AI storyline, mixed with a genocidal colonization storyline that is not only offensive, but also stupid and out of character. Definitely not worth watching. Expand
  30. May 30, 2016
    It was never really that great in the first place with the unbelievably obvious, predictable boy/girl interests. I really only watched it for the same of a few of the main characters' stories but those have been treated like absolute crap in the third season. The sexism, racism and homophobia are also pretty obvious judging by the treatment of those types of characters compared to thoseIt was never really that great in the first place with the unbelievably obvious, predictable boy/girl interests. I really only watched it for the same of a few of the main characters' stories but those have been treated like absolute crap in the third season. The sexism, racism and homophobia are also pretty obvious judging by the treatment of those types of characters compared to those that aren't really minorities. Like if you love overly-edgy, uncomfortable bs, man pain, and unnecessarily bad treatment of the entire cast and their characters, then have fun. Expand
  31. May 20, 2016
    this is one of the best shows I've watching. At first I thougt it will be yet another post aolyptic show, but the actors, feelings and drama are so good, that it hooks you like no other show.

Lexa is just an awesome character plus I liked to see a bit of lesbi in the show^^
  32. May 14, 2016
    Just a classic CW drama for teens with a fake sci-fi plot only there in attempt to lure in more audience but it's only failing. Nothing interesting about it.
  33. May 11, 2016
    Pretty good. Possibly among my favourites. Unpredictable, which is nice. Does sometimes feel like a wannabe GoT, but still worth watching. Will stay for the next season.
  34. May 8, 2016
    The writing is so brutally contrived that it's impossible for an intelligent person to watch without feeling the need to pull their brain out of their ear. The implausible behaviour of characters to artificially generate crisis might satisfy young children, but the content is aimed at young adults. So the show is doomed to appeal only to the most naive viewers. I watched the first seasonThe writing is so brutally contrived that it's impossible for an intelligent person to watch without feeling the need to pull their brain out of their ear. The implausible behaviour of characters to artificially generate crisis might satisfy young children, but the content is aimed at young adults. So the show is doomed to appeal only to the most naive viewers. I watched the first season to try to be fair, but feel like I wasted my time. Expand
  35. Apr 18, 2016
    This is one of my favourite tv shows. I think it is brilliant, I was captivated after the first pilot episode and do highly recommend to many of my friends.
  36. Apr 2, 2016
    You have to struggle through the first season, I completely understand anyone falling off by episode 5 of the first season. It seems really touch and go until the second half of the second season. By that part, you pretty much have a full understanding that Season 1 to first half of Season 2 were heavily lingered upon for character exposition.

Could it have been done painlessly, oh

Could it have been done painlessly, oh yes, however, the director kind of drags you through the ground alongside the characters, not particularly entertaining fare. Second half of Season 2 is where my attention actually kicked in, you see the frailty in alliances, psychological scars left behind from Season 1, the sheer suffering is a sight to behold, more so than the oversexed garbage that usually shows up on TV or Netflix.

I didn't dwell on the goofy method that they used to bring "Lincoln" in on the story but by Season 3 there is a lot more substance to this character. Lindsey Morgan's "Raven" goes into lackluster mode as the story progresses despite a strong start, Page Turco's character is best described as "supporting the supporting cast" and Bobby Morley's "Bellamy" needs a buff, he comes across as easily impressionable DESPITE all the happenings of Season 1, you would think that continuity is a thing when it comes to evolving mindsets, but eh, I'm not the one directing it. Thomas McDonnell's "Fin" character showed great potential but I'm willing to bet his role was not thought all the way through.

Notable characters are responsible in my opinion, for making this story and there are a few. Eliza Taylor's "Clark" character has quite the bit of substance but she always comes across as underdog and never the one in any form of advantage, speaking of underdogs, there is one with a fierce bite, Marie Avgeropoulos' "Octavia", she is proving quite a capable character however, I don't think the writers exactly understand what to do with her character. Another great character to watch out for is Devon Bostick's "Jasper" his evolution or devolution rather is quite the beautiful story of a broken young man's mind. Isaiah Washington's "Thelonius" hasn't gotten much attention but I have a feeling that this character is going to play some key roles in Season 4 as is the case with bigger name actors. Henry Ian Cusick's character "Marcus" needs a bit more polishing, I find that even though Marcus is a great up and coming leader type, writing is not spectacular. The best wildcard in all this is Richard Harmon's "Murphy" a lot is unclear about him but has been written in a delightfully enigmatic manner. I also liked the fact that they have included a "Grounder language" that is not complete jibberish.

Eight out of 10 it is then for me, it can be A LOT better however, for what you have on your plate, decent stuff, you could do a lot worse.
  37. Mar 26, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I'm hooked on this show, but it features a monumentally flawed premise, terrible logic, and some of the worst, most bipolar characters I've seen in any TV show. If you're thinking of watching it, and don't mind me spoiling some plot devices--only the horrible parts--read on.

SPOILERS BELOW
    The most basic premise is alright. 97 afters a nuclear apocalypse, a group of survivors on a space station are running out of oxygen. They send 100 juvenile delinquents to Earth fully expecting them to die from radiation exposure but hopeful that they won't. Okay, I can live with that. But then things get stupid.

This space station, the Ark, is made of 12 international space stations. Why does everyone speak English? 97 years is not long enough for 11 languages and cultures to up and vanish. This was the first case of faulty internal logic. I could forgive it. The 100 have been launched to Earth. Obviously they survive, or this show wouldn't exist. Thing is, they later discover that it's not that the Earth is radiation-free, it's that their genetic enhancement (which they never mentioned before) and expsure to solar radiation has made them immune to radiation. Cool, but how did they not know this on the Ark?

Surprise! There are people living on the ground! Any reasonable person would have expected this. 7.13 billion people on Earth, and they honestly thought that all of them died? People living on space stations tend to be highly intelligent and highly educated, so that they believed they were the last humans is pretty unforgivable to me. The Grounders, as they're called, are tribalistic, hardy, and super dangerous. The CW went to some trouble to craft a language for them to speak, called Grounder Creole. Let me remind you, it's only been 97 years, and the 100 landed near Washington, DC. Where did this Grounder Creole come from? Of course they would all speak English, not some Northern-European-sounding mixture of languages. Many people on Earth routinely live more than 97 years. It's simply not long enough for a Creole language to develop that barely uses English. But don't worry, all the Grounders also speak English, they just don't like to? Why not?

And the characters...Murphy is a bipolar murderer who doesn't seem to understand why everyone hates him, yet the show spends a great deal of time with him despite the fact that I want him to die. Octavia can't decide if she's a Grounder or a Sky Person--she was born on the Ark and her brother is one of the main characters. She gets accepted and then rejected by the Grounders, and by her own people, and yet she still doesn't seem to understand anything about the politics between the two groups of people. She's a weak plot device who only exists so she can be a sort of go-between to suit the writers. Some of the characters have real depth and flaws, and they make choices they believe in at the time and regret later. That's lovely, but it's far more common that they make choices without any consistency.

The pace of the show is what is addicting. It really moves along, but that's probably its greatest flaw, and it's already becoming apparent after just a few seasons. To maintain this pace, it's going to either recycle plots over and over, or go so far into the realm of the absurd that it will kill itself off. It was never good enough to become the joke that Lost became, but it's following the same trajectory at this point. Like Lost, I will watch it until I can no longer stomach the absurdity
  38. Mar 24, 2016
    Liked the show until they started adding in the unnecessary gay relationships. Don't really care if your gay, just don't like it shoved in my face every time I turn on a show.
  39. Mar 18, 2016
    Unless you're a 12 year old girl or suffer from severly low intelligence, don't waste your time on this show. It is nothing more than 'if it can go wrong it will' with poor dialog on top. This has to be one of the worste shows to ever be created. Unfortunate, given the promising premise.
  40. Mar 11, 2016
    Is it necessary for music to be playing during the entire show? It's so annoying and distracting. Sometimes the darn music is so loud I can't hear what they are saying!
  41. Mar 2, 2016
    After one episode, I'm sold. The tension felt authentic both in space on and on ground. There are two worlds unlike our own to explore and to be revealed.
  42. Feb 14, 2016
    The acting is horrible and the teenage characters are written like schizophrenics. They are brave, weak, smart and incredibly dumb all at the same time. I'd have never thought that people in such constant fear of dying could find so much time to screw. I welcomed the breaks when the station was in space, there was some really cool sci-fi goin on up there. Season 1 and done.
  43. Feb 10, 2016
    It's a survival type of show so after watching Walking Dead, 100 is just another one in another world. I love the fact that there are more women who are leading their people and smart badasses ones too! This show is just getting better and better. Just watch it guys !
  44. Feb 8, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This show jumped the shark. Not one thing about it is believable anymore. Not one. It seemed so promising when it first started, but was going downhill even before the end of the first season. But I stuck it out, and hoped that at some point, the writing would improve. What I have come to realize is that believe-ability was never the goal. Creating a chick flick style action show was the goal. The people act like complete morons who have no idea how much danger they are in of becoming extinct. Speaking of Skykrue.

Bottom line is, the writing is atrocious. So many series on TV with much better writing. This show relies on conflict and crisis for the sake of conflict and crisis. They don't need to be realistic or believable, they just need to exist.

For those that doubt...the scene where Bellamy goes to man the turret and finds somebody waiting for him? Not even remotely believable. Not one little bit unless you are brain dead. OK, so they are trapped by two logs blacking their vehicle in, in broad daylight. Yet they can't see, hear or FEEL a good sized man crawl onto their vehicle? Really? No matter how hard you try, as a grown man, you are going to make that vehicle shift when you crawl on top. That's just for starters.

Next, no way in heck Skykrue gives one flying crap about what Grounders think after they have attacked them so much, and then betrayed them. No...sorry, this technology dependent people move into the mountain, immediately, before anyone else can get it. Worry about the sensibilities later. These people are totally inept, and seem to lack understanding of their situation. They act like they are simply on one side of a dispute in a homeowner's association feud. Their security is never around when you need them, and when they are around, they screw up, like killing the grounder leader.

Next, savage nations don't choose teenage girls to be their leaders. They choose strong proven warriors. I read someplace else a good suggestion. They should have had the grounders have big men be their leaders, while Skykrue and the mountain had women leaders. This would give the Grounders a reason to hate and not trust Skykrue. And as the man said, this would have given a legitimate reason for the Grounders to attack the kids, as Clarke was seen to be leading them.

This is just a chick flick wrapped up in a post apocalyptic scifi dress. It officially jumped the shark in Season 3, Episode 3. If you want real scifi that is remotely believable, keep looking.
  45. Feb 6, 2016
    Great show, the first episode made me think it was going to be teenage drama until halfway through and then i was stuck. I enjoy the cast and hope the show makes it further considering the long break maybe more people have heard of the show and enjoy it as well.
  46. Jan 29, 2016
    I love almost every story line in this show! Action is off the charts thrilling and suspenseful. The reality of what would happen should this become a real thing is masterful. I will give a very negative review on The City Of Lights everything about this part in the story is just awful. The lady in Red and her story should be cut out after this season. We know she is the reason theI love almost every story line in this show! Action is off the charts thrilling and suspenseful. The reality of what would happen should this become a real thing is masterful. I will give a very negative review on The City Of Lights everything about this part in the story is just awful. The lady in Red and her story should be cut out after this season. We know she is the reason the earth is destroyed, the whole I.Robot impending future. I get it. But this is not that! This show is so so great without a freaking robot! its getting back to live or die, kill or be killed, alliances, honor, strength, Glory. Real Life back to the basics. Take the stupid I.Robot plot out of the equation! I love Isaiah Washington, get him back to being a leader of the real earth. Other than this, The Show is BadAss!!! Expand
  47. Jan 25, 2016
    SOO STUPID!!!
    first episode i watched i knew this show was made by someone who dosent get life.
    PROBLEMS -Bad actors -Bad scripts -first thing the first person who lays foot on earth after 100 years says "we're back **** -they actually had to wait 100 years instead of doing something way simpler!! ANTARTICA, the only continent without radiation. WHY??? well, there arent any nuclear
    SOO STUPID!!!
    PROBLEMS
    -Bad actors
    -Bad scripts
    -they actually had to wait 100 years instead of doing something way simpler!! ANTARTICA, the only continent without radiation. WHY??? well, there arent any nuclear reactors that could have melted down in antartica (why would there be?) and no one would nuke a useless continent.
    -and why not go to the places where no one would nuke and where there arent any nuclear reactors??
    -this show is pure **** its like some sort of bad copy of apocalyptic lost..
    DONT WATCH IT
  48. Jan 18, 2016
    I wouldn't pay much attention to the negative reviews on here. If you want to watch a show that resembles The Hunger Games and The Divergent movies, then watch The 100. It won't disappoint. When the show first aired on television, I wasn't interested in it because of the name of the show. But then I gave it a shot when I came across it on Netflix when season 2 ended on tv. I watchedI wouldn't pay much attention to the negative reviews on here. If you want to watch a show that resembles The Hunger Games and The Divergent movies, then watch The 100. It won't disappoint. When the show first aired on television, I wasn't interested in it because of the name of the show. But then I gave it a shot when I came across it on Netflix when season 2 ended on tv. I watched seasons 1 and 2 in one day! I couldn't stop watching it. The brilliant directors of the 100 reeled me in, and I was hooked. The 100 is so smart and clever in maneuvering the most hardest decisions a character has to make into the most suspenseful moments i've ever seen in a tv show. Not to mention, the story is very well written and very action packed. If you like action, suspense, some comedy, and romance--WATCH THIS SHOW. I think it's way better than most of the other cw shows. Expand
  49. Jan 12, 2016
    We dvr this every week and watch as a family. Can't wait for the new season to start!!!! Shows that explore what could happen if we don't change a few things in this world we live in are interesting.
  50. Dec 9, 2015
    well i'm her too late because i just watched this on MTV. this serie is reallyyyyyy amazing, its soo different to anything i saw before. i really loved the cast and the story is soo unique. i need to watch the 2nd season right now.
  51. Nov 28, 2015
    From the beginning of the series, the 100 had three strikes against it, making its success seem almost miraculous. This show is based on a trilogy of novels, in most cases the show/film is never as good as the books, but in this case it's better. Second, the show was a mid-summer replacement, something that almost never makes it passed it's first season, and finally it's on the CW, so mostFrom the beginning of the series, the 100 had three strikes against it, making its success seem almost miraculous. This show is based on a trilogy of novels, in most cases the show/film is never as good as the books, but in this case it's better. Second, the show was a mid-summer replacement, something that almost never makes it passed it's first season, and finally it's on the CW, so most people assume it's just another teen drama, but the 100 is a lot more than that. The reason this show has survived and the reason it's been named one of the best shows on television that you're not watching, is because of it's terrific story lines, deep characters, and unique make up. When Entertainment Weekly said it's the most underrated shows on television they weren't kidding.

150 years in the future, Earth has been all but destroyed by World War 3, and the remains of the human race, the lucky decedents of people who escaped the cataclysm, live on a space station called the Ark. Resources on the Ark are extremely limited and for that reason, crime is met with death, unless you're under the age of eighteen, in that case the punishment is imprisonment. After nearly 100 years in space, the Ark is dying and the leaders know their only hope for survival is to return to Earth, but can they withstand the radiation? In order to test this, they decide to send 100 of the least violent juvenile offenders down to the planet as test subjects. As the kids set up camp and learn to live on the planet, their accomplishments quickly take a backseat when they learn, they are not alone.

Most TV shows that are based on books, never seem to be able to capture the essence of the main characters and for that reason people never really get a complete look at what the author intended. In the 100 saga, the skilled actors and the tremendous writing allow you to connect to characters in a way that goes above and beyond the original story. This is a show that also has many sub-plots, it's not simply about the kids on earth, the people in space, and the survivors on the planet. the viewer learns backstory through flashbacks and knows every character and their history intimately. As I watched this show, I really felt as though I was a member of this camp and I knew everybody, only a great show can accomplish this.

This is a show that is so much more than just another CW teen drama, it is a look into the new direction the network is taking with shows like Arrow & The Flash. The 100 is a continuous story that you will not be able to stop watching. It is intense, exciting, and has more depth to the story than any show I've seen in a long time. If you can get over the fact that its a CW show and prominently features a group of teenagers, you will see one of the most interesting and dynamic science fiction shows to air on network television in years.
  52. Nov 12, 2015
    OMG. Started watching "The 100". Got excited that there were actors from BSG, SG:Universe and Lost. 10 minutes in and I felt like it was some juvenile frat party. Who makes this crap???? Couldn't even watch to end of episode 1. Booooooooooo!
  53. Oct 19, 2015
    People attack this because it has perfect teenagers and bla bla but guys even today only the elite go to space and i am speaking of physically perfect people and intelectually perfect you can expect that after 97 years on a space station the descendants would have such phisical traits , while the space orbital mechanics do sucks for a series that is based much on that the reality is thatPeople attack this because it has perfect teenagers and bla bla but guys even today only the elite go to space and i am speaking of physically perfect people and intelectually perfect you can expect that after 97 years on a space station the descendants would have such phisical traits , while the space orbital mechanics do sucks for a series that is based much on that the reality is that this is an awesome series and the story is great too. Expand
  54. Oct 17, 2015
    This show is absolutely amazing! I do not understand all the hate it gets - yes, it is a teen drama, but boy is it amazing! It's easily my favorite show. I'm hooked from start to end of an episode. I sincerely hopes it doesn't get canceled, because I'd definitely be upset. As a sci-fi enthusiast, two thumbs up!
  55. Oct 1, 2015
    The 100 is a show that starts in a an amazing way and then you get more and more disappointment with each episode. First season is enjoyable. Nothing amazingly great, but it is fun. However the second season is honestly just boring and/or frustrating.

Pros: - Decent acting - Environment - Plot - Good fighting scenes Cons: - Script/Dialogues - Boring characters/no depth -

Pros:
    - Decent acting
    - Environment
    - Plot
    - Good fighting scenes

Cons:
    - Script/Dialogues
    - Boring characters/no depth
    - Useless episodes with boring side-stories
    - Season final episodes are disappointing
    - Predictable
    - Entire Season 2

I would recommend you to watch the first season if you got a Netflix subscription. It does finish with some kind of cliff hanger, but it's not worth it, don't waste your time on the second season.
  56. Sep 28, 2015
    Everything about this series is terrible, how it can call itself sci-fi is beyond me considering the science in the show is laughable. The characters are awful, flat unlikeable and predictable and the script is cliche after cliche. Also given that its teenagers in the story the dialogue is like someone who is too old who is trying to be 'down with the kids' wrote the damn script. IEverything about this series is terrible, how it can call itself sci-fi is beyond me considering the science in the show is laughable. The characters are awful, flat unlikeable and predictable and the script is cliche after cliche. Also given that its teenagers in the story the dialogue is like someone who is too old who is trying to be 'down with the kids' wrote the damn script. I literally signed up to this site to give this a bad review because it was so awful. Im usually pretty forgiving and am willing to give most shows a few episodes of a try but i feel like the whole thing was just too try hard/cheesy/predictable/boring i couldnt subject myself to it any longer, i had to force myself to get through the pilot. Maybe the books were better but to be honest i wont be taking the time to find out i'll stick to better sci-fi and post apocalypse stories thanks. Expand
  57. Sep 8, 2015
    This show is really amazing. Started watching it and couldn't stop. There are so many cool sci fi themes and issues in the show that it really keeps you interested in watching. Characters are also very interesting and bring you in. I would highly recommend this show to any sci fi fan! You won't be disappointed.
  58. Aug 29, 2015
    What started as a promising series ended in an orgy of killing and destruction, so very typical of the American mindset. They just can't get away from who they have become. How deeply disappointing.
  59. Aug 29, 2015
    The first 4 episodes are giving a totally wrong expectation about what comes after.
    Even though the second season is a little better, you will get a good, exciting story here too in a nice setting.
  60. Aug 10, 2015
    I love this show so much. it's amazing :-) i wish they would make a season 4. this show deserves a lot more attention that it has now it truly is a great show. i give it a 13 out of 10. best show ever!! Clexa all the way
  61. Jul 31, 2015
    A series that, honestly, starts off very weak. If I had stopped watching after episode 3, I would have been left with the impression of a scifi teeny drama show that's trying really hard to be mysterious and edgy but kinda falls flat.

It's only from episode 4/5 onward that the story really gets into gear and you realize that it's not mistake that some members of the Battlestar Galactica remake are part of the cast. The protagonists grow from stupid kids you want to strangle for their stereotypical "nobody understands me, **** society and rules" behavior into actual characters. What makes the first few episodes somewhat bland is exactly what makes all the others in the first season so exciting: They are dumb and somewhat innocent... until they are thrown into situations where they cannot afford to be either of these anymore.

The show is essentially Battlestar Galactica on Earth, only without the supernatural stuff - and in my eyes, that's one of the best shows to imitate. I went from "meh, probably not worth my time" to "holy **** I've gotta watch every episode tonight" in about one hour. It's got a few cringeworthy moments and, yes, some science and logic has fallen victim to the nuclear war, but if you don't give the show at least a few episodes to get you hooked, you're making a mistake.
  62. Jul 30, 2015
    The two words that best summarize this series are 'wasted potential.'
    Here is a great concept with so many possibilities; 100 juvenile delinquents dropped onto a post-nuclear war Earth so see if it is survivable; it's Lord of the Flies meets The Road Warrior.
    Instead what we get is One Tree Hill with some ripped-off costumes and story lines from Fallout. Not surprisingly, pretty
    The two words that best summarize this series are 'wasted potential.'

Not surprisingly, pretty teen-age girls end up running everything which of course is what you'd expect in a savage, tribal setting with no rules where only the strong survive - oh wait, that's the opposite of what always happens when anarchy reigns. The teenagers even consistently beat the crap out of guys twice their size which I suppose is supposed to represent the teenage desire to be independent or something but is simply forced and absurd. Here we could have shown how girls can find ways around physical domination through cleverness (like in the real world) but instead, all of them are female Bruce Lee whom the men blindly follow.

Of course we also have a token lesbian here to show how hip-and-now the show is and once again, we could have had an interesting story with this character dealing with her homosexuality in the face of oppression but no, everyone accepts it like good little politically-correct savages.

On the plus side, the show does rarely come up with an interesting twist such as killing a character that you didn't expect or having the characters do something terrible to survive. However, such things are supposed to be what the show is about in the first place, so it's like saying that this hamburger does occasionally taste like a hamburger and the rest of the time has all the appeal of a toilet rag.
  63. Jul 27, 2015
    The first season was a bit too slow for me... I found that the characters were not very developed and I expected a little bit more of it... There was maybe a lack of action... It still deserves an 8 because I've watched the season 2 and the 2nd season was absolutely amazing. Actually, I think we can say that the season 1 was kind of setting the characters and put in place the plot. TheThe first season was a bit too slow for me... I found that the characters were not very developed and I expected a little bit more of it... There was maybe a lack of action... It still deserves an 8 because I've watched the season 2 and the 2nd season was absolutely amazing. Actually, I think we can say that the season 1 was kind of setting the characters and put in place the plot. The season 2 is about expanding the plot making it very interesting. Expand
  64. Jul 17, 2015
    I’ve started watching a show called The 100 after a friend recommended it. I had high hopes for it since the plot seemed interesting and my friend told me it was really good. I’m a fair way into the first season, but I don’t think I would have even got this far if I wasn’t watching it with my housemate. The characters are just so incredible dull! The main thing I look for in a series isI’ve started watching a show called The 100 after a friend recommended it. I had high hopes for it since the plot seemed interesting and my friend told me it was really good. I’m a fair way into the first season, but I don’t think I would have even got this far if I wasn’t watching it with my housemate. The characters are just so incredible dull! The main thing I look for in a series is interesting characters, but the characters in this show are just so stereotypical and boring that it’s impossible to feel any connection to them. I’m constantly wishing for the main characters to die off so I don’t have to listen to them spout cliches anymore. The love triangle just feels extremely patronising to the audience. Any potential for an engaging plot is ruined by the **** dialogue and just some really poor choices in general. Expand
  65. Jul 9, 2015
    An unexpected delight. The first few episodes were quite slow, however after this the story intensifies amazingly. Story line was amazing, characters were perfectly casted. I cant say enough amazing things for this show!!!!!! If you love a good action/thriller with multiple story lines, you will love this,
  66. Jul 9, 2015
    This has to be one of the most annoying shows that i have watched, every time someone does something stupid i die a little inside. But for some reason i am still hooked.
  67. Jul 2, 2015
    Way to many people died to fast. It was slow when it was on the Ark and I don't think they would have survived that long. In the first part they weren't even eating food and nothing happened.
  68. Jun 12, 2015
    The 100 is one of the best tv series i have ever seen. I loved everything: from the characters to the plot and the thriller/murder scenes. The actors are very good, even if not famous. Congratulations!
  69. Jun 7, 2015
    Very Will donne show. The first 3 chapitres are just ok but then it start to grow on you.
    I loved the ending that leads to the season 2 where much more is explained.
    Great show almost for free on NetFlix
  70. Jun 3, 2015
    What an absolutely horrible show. Though it like a train wreck and I keep abusing myself by watching it. All of the kids are detestable right from the start except for Finn (sort of). He "sort of" at least have some morals, but none of the rest do, but then he takes a dive two by season 2. Clarke is hands down the worst. Two faced, hypocritical, arrogant, retarded, thinks of herselfWhat an absolutely horrible show. Though it like a train wreck and I keep abusing myself by watching it. All of the kids are detestable right from the start except for Finn (sort of). He "sort of" at least have some morals, but none of the rest do, but then he takes a dive two by season 2. Clarke is hands down the worst. Two faced, hypocritical, arrogant, retarded, thinks of herself as a "doctor" but doubtful she could put on a bandaide right. One nasty self righteous **** Jasper and Raven follow a very close second and third and whatever the hell his name is that's been the self declared leader coming up fourth (at least he gets the crap beat out of him a lot.) All the spacers think about is kill, kill, kill. Oh, its pretty LOL when you see all of the teenie bopper, hipster, Valley girls go up against the thugs that look like they're right out of road warrior and actually knock them out. Rigggght.

I really don't know what to think of these "critics" who are just gushing over this trash. Are they really that stupid or insipid or are they just paid off by the studio. It's incomprehensible that this has been renewed for 3 seasons when it literally is the bottom of the barrel. The actors should be mortified to be on this. I can't imagine that it won't hurt their career (but then again they all suck as actors anyway.)

I too signed up for metacritic just so I could vent about this piece of trash. To call it SciFi is really degrading to anyone into SciFi
  71. May 28, 2015
    This show starts off slow but ends with an interesting note. This show has the quality to deliver the post apocalyptic theme. The story of the show has be continued and portrayed both beautifully and interestingly from the season 2, the season 1 may not be as good as season 2 but it delivers the audience what they want, it picks up quickly and did not descent the hope I have in the show.This show starts off slow but ends with an interesting note. This show has the quality to deliver the post apocalyptic theme. The story of the show has be continued and portrayed both beautifully and interestingly from the season 2, the season 1 may not be as good as season 2 but it delivers the audience what they want, it picks up quickly and did not descent the hope I have in the show. Waiting eagerly for season 3 :D Expand
  72. Apr 23, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A perfect show for naive, angst-ridden, zombie loving teenagers. Un-typed and unmatched transfused blood would kill them all. Bone marrow can't be injected subcutaneously. The writers for this show are imbeciles ... or they're all teenagers who dropped out of school about the fifth grade. Delusional cowards and psychopaths are rivals for leadership. Very few, if any really, of the main characters have any redeeming qualities. Nuke them all. Expand
  73. Apr 10, 2015
    I've been watching this lately, and while I find it interesting, it's also very annoying. It's annoying because it's just too fake - the science seems fake and the characters seem fake and also don't have good chemistry.

It's almost like they're trying to copy Lost with teenagers, but Lost had some cool stuff in it that made you think. But this show doesn't have anything that makes me think. Just a bunch of kids running around and talking about making war or making peace with the grounders.

It's not much of science fiction, since they don't seem to have any technology beyond what we currently have. And, I'm no environmental engineer, but the whole idea that they are running out of oxygen, yet have more than enough food and water, seems silly. Another thing that I noticed was that the space station was rotating, maybe that's where they get their 'gravity'? But if that is the case, their 'gravity' (centripetal force) is going in the wrong direction. In the other case, if they do have artificial gravity, why can't they land a space ship? I mean, they crashed on every single landing. And yet almost everybody lives.

Then, the characters are so totally predictably stupid. Totally cliche. Oh ya, and it's always like they're trying to kill one of their friends or torture them, but in the next episode all is forgiven and they're best buds again. Also, Clark and her mom, even though they're the main characters, are total elitists. They're always right and so much better than everybody else. And everybody else just loves them because of what? The title of the show could really just be "Clark and her mom tell everybody else what to do and everybody else goes crazy".
  74. Apr 6, 2015
    I recommend this show. it is a lot better then I thought it would be................................................................................ :)
  75. Apr 5, 2015
    As the nuclear apocalypse , zombie apocalypse and whatever killer dogs or something appeared , world anarchy seems to be a high filming point in many tv series like the 100. The 100 pulls this genre off quite well and does make some very good advancements in the first season. But its because of this big advancement that too much is packed into one season , no time is spend building upAs the nuclear apocalypse , zombie apocalypse and whatever killer dogs or something appeared , world anarchy seems to be a high filming point in many tv series like the 100. The 100 pulls this genre off quite well and does make some very good advancements in the first season. But its because of this big advancement that too much is packed into one season , no time is spend building up relationships with the characters , very little time was investigated bringing a understanding to what its like to live on the ark . In a few episodes , or a few days possibly 1 and a half weeks in the current setting of the story , all characters are full on working without any breaks . There was no signs of the director showing anyone sleeping , anything close to that would be the teasing sex scenes. So in reality they would be all walking zombies that all seem to have bullet holes and wounds in the obliques. Whenever somebody gets injured and seems as if there dying , there is always so much camera action on something that's quite easy recoverable. yes a knife or bullet to the obliques would hurt , but every character in the setting must have a permanent scar there. But negatives aside the 100 combines a great deal of action and romance , with exceptional camera quality and a reasonably good story line . Many demands the the viewer is greatly met and is a good recommendation for apocalypse lovers. But as being a good recommendation , you must have to like teens , and i mean teens a lot . The whole story and 70-80% of camera time is set on the teenage delinquents.The average person to aim at , according to the directors would be teens and middle aged persons, as the characters personalities might have a lot to relate to the viewers. So overall this is greatly recommended to someone who doesn't mind the apocalyptic , emotional trauma type series with occasional to high stabbing in the obliques. And this may be a spoiler so dont read on , but main characters never die , we all have learnt this. Expand
  76. Mar 28, 2015
    Just love this series. My son to,d me about it and thought id give it a go. I cant wait to watch each episode. Easy and addictive watching and im 54years old..lol:-) keep up the good work!
  77. Mar 8, 2015
    The space station crew is wasteful beyond belief and I'm shocked that they've survived for 97 years. On the other hand, the ground story is interesting enough, and all the characters are suitably attractive to look at, even if their dialog sometimes leaves quite a bit to be desired.
  78. Mar 6, 2015
    This show is brilliant. From the very first episode to the last I was taken. I always like me some future apocalyptic scenarios. Nice story. Nice acting. Its great. You guys should watch this show.
  79. Feb 19, 2015
    Interesting concept. Shame they had to ruin it with nonsensical feminist plotlines, cheap writing and plot, shoddy direction and terrible acting. They portray women being leaders, fighting and saving men while completely ignoring the point that their small primitive society needs to reproduce and women need to be protected in order to do that (as you only need 1 man to populate a villageInteresting concept. Shame they had to ruin it with nonsensical feminist plotlines, cheap writing and plot, shoddy direction and terrible acting. They portray women being leaders, fighting and saving men while completely ignoring the point that their small primitive society needs to reproduce and women need to be protected in order to do that (as you only need 1 man to populate a village but 1 woman won't do so men should fight and risk dying not women). I do approve of the occasional piece of eye candy though. Expand
  80. Jan 25, 2015
    The science is flawed in the science fiction. Making the premise ridiculous from the beginning. The technology already exists to measure radiation levels from space. Also, a culture advance enough to build and operate the Ark would know how to control their population with out killing people. It's called birth control and vasectomies. What, they go 97 years with out knowing they areThe science is flawed in the science fiction. Making the premise ridiculous from the beginning. The technology already exists to measure radiation levels from space. Also, a culture advance enough to build and operate the Ark would know how to control their population with out killing people. It's called birth control and vasectomies. What, they go 97 years with out knowing they are becoming over-populated? That's just not workable. Sloppy Sci-Fi writing. I can write better stuff than this. I actually think before I write a script. Expand
  81. Jan 15, 2015
    Lord of the Flies X Battle Star Galactica X Walking Dead (without zombies).
    Lord of the Flies X Battle Star Galactica X Walking Dead (without zombies).
    Ignore all the complaints about about "good looking teens" "teens this, teens that"... Non of the actors are teenagers!! And it's never really crystal clear how old they are in the show. Yes they are supposed to be teens, but it's open to interpretation as they look about 20+ up to 30 years of age. Besides that, age isn't even a valid issue! Especially when the other half of the main cast are the adult groups, the relatives and the council!
    And "good looking" is now a complaint? What, really? See past that and give it a few episodes and you'll find a kick ass show that isn't afraid to give you answers and satisfy you with every episode. All the main cast are great. It's a show about survival and conundrums. What I really like about this show is... the choices our main casts have to make.. this means it's not long before we realize that their are no "good guys" on this show. I'm an oldie at 37 years of age. Don't let this Youth Adult category put you off. A lot of YA property is just as good as the so called "grown up" stuff. Replace the "supposed" teens with craggy looking adults and you still have the same show! Dark, action packed with intrigue. With season 3 green lit and a fan base quickly gathering, they must be doing something right!
  82. Jan 12, 2015
    Show sucks i made it all the way to season 2 episode 8 and that's the conclusion ive come too i wont continue watching it anymore there's better shows out there then this crap i was rooting for the fog to just wipe everyone out the entire time only actors that are actually decent in here is the octavo chick and Lincoln that's it ....other then that it should get canceled!!!
  83. Jan 5, 2015
    Wow- I have to say I'm surprised by all the negative comments. I had two other set of friends who loved it and told me about it! I too had to get past the 1st or 2nd episode, but then it gets intense and so good that I had to keep watching and powered through the entire season 1 and 2 in a few days. I now can't wait for more! It's that good! I loved the multiple scenes going on at theWow- I have to say I'm surprised by all the negative comments. I had two other set of friends who loved it and told me about it! I too had to get past the 1st or 2nd episode, but then it gets intense and so good that I had to keep watching and powered through the entire season 1 and 2 in a few days. I now can't wait for more! It's that good! I loved the multiple scenes going on at the same time and the suspense, action, thrilling etc. This show is like Lord of the Flies meets Hunger Games meets BSG. I'm not a huge sci-fi fan so for me I like that it's a little of everything mixed into one show and not totally all about sci-fi! I pray CW doesn't cancel this show and makes more seasons to come! Those of us who loved this show will spread the word and it will continue to catch on! Yes, there are a few cheesy parts here or there but the thrill and intensity of this show will have you overlooking those few scenes and keep you wanting more! Don't go by all the negative reviews-judge for yourself by watching season 1 and 2! Expand
  84. Jan 3, 2015
    I agree with many of the other positive reviews in that after 2 or 3 episodes I wasn't too impressed. I figured it was going to end up getting cheesy and stupid. I really was only watching a few episodes to kill time one night. But I decided to watch a bit more and was very pleasantly surprised. It actually got interesting and way more complex than just 19 and 20 year olds on a planet.I agree with many of the other positive reviews in that after 2 or 3 episodes I wasn't too impressed. I figured it was going to end up getting cheesy and stupid. I really was only watching a few episodes to kill time one night. But I decided to watch a bit more and was very pleasantly surprised. It actually got interesting and way more complex than just 19 and 20 year olds on a planet. It started to remind me of Lost, which I loved. Sure, you can discount the science behind some of the stuff, but its not THAT far out of whack. If you aren't trying to disprove everything and just be entertained, then you will like this. Let them have the poetic license on a few things and just enjoy. Expand
  85. Dec 29, 2014
    This show is essentialy a mix of Lost and the hunger games. I was a huge fan of lost and have rewatched all 6 seasons many times. This is the first show that has got my blood pumping as much as Lost did.
  86. Dec 25, 2014
    This show = greatness. It's too addicting not to watch. I think this could be as big as Walking Dead if done right. Once again, good job on the show. I plan on watching it until the very end.
  87. Dec 23, 2014
    I really enjoy the concept and some of the cast have the charisma and acting chops to carry the show for several seasons. However, much of the dialogue and story ends portraying most of the characters at one point or another as a bunch of whiny, emotionally inept, and narcissistic morons. If you have characters such as that you need strong, moral, leading characters to offset and evenI really enjoy the concept and some of the cast have the charisma and acting chops to carry the show for several seasons. However, much of the dialogue and story ends portraying most of the characters at one point or another as a bunch of whiny, emotionally inept, and narcissistic morons. If you have characters such as that you need strong, moral, leading characters to offset and even contrast the whiners. Otherwise, I might as well watch the real housewives of wherever. Expand
  88. Dec 18, 2014
    OK, first off: this show is very hard to watch for someone who isn't in their teens and likes logic, and has common sense.

I am most bothered by is the fact that this show is advertised as a Sci-Fi. It is not. This is a teen drama, set in a Sci-Fi-esque theme. Right, so putting aside the fact that that it is NOT a Sci-Fi show, the viewers can enjoy the: abysmal acting, terrible

Right, so putting aside the fact that that it is NOT a Sci-Fi show, the viewers can enjoy the: abysmal acting, terrible script and obnoxious dialogue. Oh, and do not try to look for rational explanations for any of the decisions characters in this show make. There are none.

It is bedazzling to me why anyone past their 15-s with a fair share of intelligence and common sense would want to watch this. It is SO cringeworthy. Do teens these days enjoy stuff like this? Seriously, watching this show for an extended period of time can give you cancer.

If you are a Sci-Fi fan or just a fan of decent quality TV shows, I would not recommend wasting your time on The 100.
  89. Dec 16, 2014
    This is one of the best shows ever!!! I give it a 10 out of 10. It kind of reminds me of the shows Lost, and Stargate Universe, where the main themes are survival, in space, and on Earth, but a billion times better. Maybe like the first 1 or 2 episodes seems like it's geared more towards teens, but as the show progresses, it starts taking on a more mature, and serious vibe. The adults onThis is one of the best shows ever!!! I give it a 10 out of 10. It kind of reminds me of the shows Lost, and Stargate Universe, where the main themes are survival, in space, and on Earth, but a billion times better. Maybe like the first 1 or 2 episodes seems like it's geared more towards teens, but as the show progresses, it starts taking on a more mature, and serious vibe. The adults on the space station play as big as a role as the teens that are sent to Earth. There really are no slow, or dull parts in the show at all. The episodes has the pace of a James Patterson novel, where every scene is a cliffhanger, and keeps you on the edge of your seat. Also, I haven't really had any favorite shows since Dexter, and Breaking Bad ended, but this show is now my new favorite. Expand
  90. Dec 13, 2014
    This show starts very teenager-esque, but by episode 3 is like crack and becomes increasingly addicting with big shockers. Clarke and Bellamy steal the show with a couple of strong side stories. This is a thrill ride that gets increasingly complex and dark. It shows the grit, strength, and darkness of humanity, often all in one character.
  91. Dec 2, 2014
    I like futuristic TV like Terra Nova, which was cancelled, many more like that....
    The 100 is great action, drama, and survival for those who like reality this comes pretty close...
    A lot better than all the other trash on TV read my blogs to see the list of most hated shows...
  92. Nov 25, 2014
    While 'The 100' offers some taut tense moments and an intriguing science fiction premise, it tumbles right into unavoidable young adult trappings with cheesy dialogue, forced love triangles and plot clichés.
  93. Nov 24, 2014
    Extremely predictable with an awful story line. It is filled with plot holes and extremely loose logic. For example, how do you break your leg with the bone popping out and begin walking again after 12 hours? No, that just does not happen. And the lust in this show is ridiculous. Lets just say if one of the teen girls meets another guy, they will 100% get it on and "love" each other onExtremely predictable with an awful story line. It is filled with plot holes and extremely loose logic. For example, how do you break your leg with the bone popping out and begin walking again after 12 hours? No, that just does not happen. And the lust in this show is ridiculous. Lets just say if one of the teen girls meets another guy, they will 100% get it on and "love" each other on first sight. Expand
  94. Nov 20, 2014
    I generously gave it a 2 because I was able to watch the entire pilot. Review by psoomah was right on target "..hitting up that all important hormone crazed scientifically illiterate teen demographic...."

1. Poison sumac is not a kind of moss growing pretty purple flowers. You don't even want to get anywhere close to it. And yes, the small white flower clusters in real poison sumac are poisonous to the touch, so if some cute guy sticks some in your ear, your ear will look and feel unsexy. Hey, if your gonna make something up, fine, but don't call it something that already exists.

2. Hmm, those wrist bands have some pretty kick ass transmission power to send bio stats to an orbiting station. Somehow all other transmission requires a centralized communication center.

3. Amazingly stupid doctors have to argue the blatantly obvious out loud. I'm not a doctor, but I think I would be able to perform a differential diagnosis to rule out death by radiation poisoning.

4. That vine they used to cross the river was totally lame. I could clearly see three ropes twisted together, thinly disguised by a little vegetation. High school play level quality.

I can't believe I'm actually watching the second episode....
  95. Nov 13, 2014
    Great show. very interesting to see how the characters grow and change due to the trauma of their experiences on earth. highly recommended. first episode was ok, but the second and third really started to get this series rolling and giving views a better back story.
  96. Nov 13, 2014
    I can't believe the overall score for this show is this low. It takes all the best elements of Battlestar Galactica, Lost, and Lord of the Flies, and mixes them together in a post-apocalyptic drama that feels fairly fresh, but entirely watchable. In just a few episodes, my wife and I were hooked. I absolutely love it.
  97. Nov 12, 2014
    Okay its not the BEST show ever, but I'm guessing a lot of the negative scorers didn't make it past the first 3 or 4 episodes. That's their prerogative of course, but actually this show grows quite well. By the end of the first season, I actually felt more connected to a lot of the characters than i felt with characters from plenty of other TV series I've watched recently - despite theirOkay its not the BEST show ever, but I'm guessing a lot of the negative scorers didn't make it past the first 3 or 4 episodes. That's their prerogative of course, but actually this show grows quite well. By the end of the first season, I actually felt more connected to a lot of the characters than i felt with characters from plenty of other TV series I've watched recently - despite their age. The local politics on the ground are reminiscent of 'Lost' but hopefully actually going somewhere, unlike that series that ended up being a series of random ideas thrown together for shock factor.

It's The Walking Dead meets Lost meets Battlestar Galactica really. Oh, and with a hint of The Lord of the Rings if that's somehow possible...

Seriously, give it a try - despite the dodgy science at times (especially some of the medical emergencies) there's a real visceral earthiness to the surroundings and survival story arc that's compelling and rewarding.
  98. Nov 2, 2014
    What a nice show. It's a little to much teeny treated in my view.
    Another thing that weakens the series is the absence of a geiger counter so far.
    I understand that dramatically it could turn things a bit harder to make work as well but it can be done. Anyhow i love it. Aside the teeny feel and the geiger counter absence, it's a catchy, realist and very interesting series. It think it
    What a nice show. It's a little to much teeny treated in my view.
    Anyhow i love it.
    It think it has all it needs to be an all times iconic sci fiction series, and that it will probably manage to achieve that status.
  99. Oct 30, 2014
    New review for Season 2: Nothing has changed...terrible acting, terrible story-lines, terrible scientific basis...terrible, terrible, terrible. Again, all execs attached to this show (as well as the writer) should lose their jobs; let them go back to flipping burgers since that's what they're obviously good at.

The one thing this show does represent correctly is the lazy, entitled

The one thing this show does represent correctly is the lazy, entitled millennial generation. No wonder the prior generations are 'cutting cords' so as not to waste hard earned cash (which is a foreign concept to the majority of millennial's today) on this trash.
  100. Oct 29, 2014
    This is a good plot line with horrible development. When a smear of blood would do gallons are used and used and used and used. Whenever a decision has to be made it is the wrong one and teenagers are made to look like mindless morons. This crew makes Lord of the flies look erudite. A pity, because I like the concept and the possibilities. It could have been Stargate but it fails to riseThis is a good plot line with horrible development. When a smear of blood would do gallons are used and used and used and used. Whenever a decision has to be made it is the wrong one and teenagers are made to look like mindless morons. This crew makes Lord of the flies look erudite. A pity, because I like the concept and the possibilities. It could have been Stargate but it fails to rise even to Galaxy Quest. I love my science fiction, but this faceplants. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Jeff Korbelik
    Mar 27, 2014
    This one has promise because it’s not formulaic. I have no idea where it’s headed, which is kind of nice for a change.
  2. Reviewed by: Alan Sepinwall
    Mar 19, 2014
    As The 100 goes along, you can feel it becoming more and more the show that Rothenberg and his writers want it to be, but it sure starts off at a great distance from from that destination. And even as it gets closer, there are still too many moments of mind-numbing illogic.
    The 100 is better than it has to be, a little more exciting and surprising and intense.