The Big Bang Theory : Season 5

• Series Premiere Date: Sep 24, 2007
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
7.5

1. Feb 5, 2012
    I used to love this show but it has become so undeniably terrible. Everything about it sucks now except for amy. Sheldon is getting really annoying and raj is really creepy. I can't watch it anymore. Needs to go back to season 3 humor.
  2. Mar 18, 2012
    The show is slowly falling from a humorous and enjoyable show to a mediocre and somewhat annoying show. The show is by no means bad, but the jokes are being recycled to often, and the behavior of the character's are really starting to get on my nerves. Sheldon, is beginning to become an annoying, self-righteous, stuck up, unforgiving person who every other character just seems to hate. TheThe show is slowly falling from a humorous and enjoyable show to a mediocre and somewhat annoying show. The show is by no means bad, but the jokes are being recycled to often, and the behavior of the character's are really starting to get on my nerves. Sheldon, is beginning to become an annoying, self-righteous, stuck up, unforgiving person who every other character just seems to hate. The rest of the characters are all portraying the same emotions, which is tired and annoyed. And with such tension going on, the audience really does not feel the friendship that binds the characters together anymore. And this sadly kills the series and makes it so much less enjoyable to watch. Collapse
  3. Dec 13, 2011
    This season continues the downward trend. Sheldon is nothing like his former self. I understand the writers were trying to appeal to a broader audience by bringing in Amy and Bernadette but they have failed miserably. Those two have detroyed the show. Penny and Sheldon were the comedic epicentre for this show and now they rarely even speak to one another. Also Amy has somehow started toThis season continues the downward trend. Sheldon is nothing like his former self. I understand the writers were trying to appeal to a broader audience by bringing in Amy and Bernadette but they have failed miserably. Those two have detroyed the show. Penny and Sheldon were the comedic epicentre for this show and now they rarely even speak to one another. Also Amy has somehow started to replace Penny. Penny is just a drunk now with hardly any lines. The writers need to get rid of Amy, make Bernadette appear far less often and let Penny and Sheldon hang out more. Its the only way to save the show. it stopped being funny after season 3. Expand
  4. Oct 3, 2011
    Why in the world is this show so popular? It is very and ahead the worst show on television. Parks and Recreation and Raising Hope blow this show away. Jim Parsons should not be wasting his talent on this.
  5. Dec 9, 2011
    My husband and I are physicists, this show is terrible. None of the science references are correct and the stuff that "Sheldon" says in nonsense. We don't let our kids watch it, and frankly they don't care. You want to watch a good comedy series? Watch something like Parks and Recreation or 30 Rock. Not this cheap, poorly made and lazy-written excuse for a comedy series.
  6. Oct 1, 2011
    I sorta like it. It's not funny whatsoever but the nerdiness is cute. This is on at the same time as Community so I usually watch Community instead, but I do watch this sometimes. Jim Parsons is a good actor.
  7. Oct 2, 2011
    Most overrated show ever. I mean, it's a bunch of nerds trying to be sexy and the women in their life continuously turn them down? Why is this a hit?
  8. Feb 23, 2012
    One of the two most "aaaawesome' shows (read the hint) is getting a de-rection. The writing is horrible. i mean why force amy on penny like that!!!! its not fun anymore, its kinda lame. plus, the one or two dialogues that raj does get are so ............ i mean we get it. he is dorky , he is a guy whose behaviour can be kinda homosexual..... enough already, i mean stop with the gayOne of the two most "aaaawesome' shows (read the hint) is getting a de-rection. The writing is horrible. i mean why force amy on penny like that!!!! its not fun anymore, its kinda lame. plus, the one or two dialogues that raj does get are so ............ i mean we get it. he is dorky , he is a guy whose behaviour can be kinda homosexual..... enough already, i mean stop with the gay dialogue if you don' t want him gay. dont force tickle to induce laugh!! Seriously, lameeeee alert. Expand
  9. Sep 30, 2011
    The most un-funny, brain cell-killing program on the air. I seriously can't believe that people ACTUALLY devote the time they can be using to watch Community to watching this.
  10. Feb 5, 2012
    This season genuinely sucks. Sheldon has gone from hilarious to annoying. Raj is one of the worst characters on television. Some of the storylines have become downright creepy. What happened to this show? Amy (Mayim Bialik) is quite possibly the only thing this show has left before it becomes a travesty.
tbd

No score yet - based on 1 Critic

1. People Weekly
    Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Dec 2, 2011
    It's bright and obvious as a cartoon yet written with a clean, precise patter of jokes. It's also very well cast. [12 Dec 2011, p.45]