• Network: CBS
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 24, 2007
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
6.9

1. Apr 8, 2014
    Its unbelievably awful. For some strange reason they think making jokes about Star Trek every 45 seconds is funny. The writing and acting is terrible. The laugh track is obnoxiously loud. And if you like decent comedy, DO NOT WATCH THIS SHOW!!
  2. Mar 21, 2013
    Big Bang Theory has gotten stale, and lost all of its comedy roots that it had brought to us in Season 1. The show was meant to be a show for "geeks" and "nerds" but instead focused more on the relationship aspects of the characters, which in turn kicked out most of the humor that we had grown to love.

Sheldon getting a girlfriend is when the show took a turn for the worse, and has been nose-diving ever since. Season 6 has been a so far, and I'm not seeing anything bringing it back in its future. The show should stop now where it is, instead of risking becoming even more stagnant.
  3. Mar 13, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. "The Big Bang Theory" has devolved. In the early seasons, the highlight of the show was the interplay between Penny and Sheldon. At the end of Season 4, the creators decided to create a 'Bride of Frankenstein' for Sheldon run through a device in which Raj and Wolowitz create a dating profile for Sheldon (answering the survey questions in the manner in which they believed Sheldon would answer them) and out spat 'Amy Farrah-Fowler.' This marked the decline in the show. (Thanks to Dan Fienberg for verbalizing this in his podcast this past week. My thoughts were the same but Dan crystallized them).

The character 'Amy Farrah-Fowler' lustfully longs after Sheldon and in the process, the show basically removed the best interplay (between Sheldon and Penny) for the pairing of 'ShAmy.' Amy, however, is not human. She is some sort of pod-person. Great comedy came out of the gang's awkwardness around those not in their immediate group (minus Penny), but Amy is so far out there her character has turned chillingly into a sociopath this season. Her fixation on Penny, understandable at first (hangin' with the prom queen, as she puts it) has turned into an obsessive fixation. And not a funny, one.

Some other random thoughts:

The joke of Raj being terrified to speak to Penny was funny 5 seasons ago. Not any more. In the episode that aired 3/8, he went on a date to the library with a girl he met at the comic shop on New Years Eve. He proceeded to text and use a voice synthesizer to interact with his date. Come on, after hanging around Penny and Bernadette (sleeping with Penny in the lowest of the low points of the series) it stands to reason that he could maintain a conversation with a woman.

Wolowitz is such a repulsive character. If I ran into this guy at work, I would run and hide. That said, Simon Helberger manages charm that makes the character funny. That said, he and Bernadette's marriage is one of the bigger contrivances of the series. WHat woman would stick around after visiting that perv's bedroom? Yuk.

The Ross and Rachel aspect of Penny and Leonard detracts from the show. Nervous infatuated Leonard and Penny's obliviousness (way back in Season1) was a much better dynamic than where they are in Season 6.

What are Leonard and Sheldon, late 30's going on 22? Enough already. Why does AFF lust after Sheldon, when he's said himself he has no desire for human contact, much less coitus? (the character's words). I always thought that was one of the better aspects of the show, Sheldon's asexuality (compared to the other character's hyper-sexuality).

There are no critic reviews yet.