6.6

1. May 3, 2013
    I'm looking foward to seeing where they take this thing. Here's to hoping that Kal gets a little more involved, socially, in the teams and how they interact with one another. I want him to stir the pot act as an instigator, and not just the typical host. But I applaud the project for having the guts to reward Merit and not just social deviousness.
  2. May 2, 2013
    Finally a reality show that doesn't make you want to break your television (a la kardashians & honey booboo). It was awesome watching this with my kids and seeing how interested they were in finding an answer to the challenge. Next week's challenge looks even more intriguing than this last one. Discovery Channel nailed it with Big Brain. Kudos to the creators for giving our young people role models instead of embarrassments (a la kardashians & honey booboo)... Expand
  3. May 2, 2013
    Very cool show. Entertaining, smart, engaging, and just plain fun. It is refreshing to see an argument based on intellect instead of stupidity. I'm proud to say that I watched Big Brain and will continue to do so for years! So much junk is on TV nowadays. Kal and the gang are great as well. I can't wait for next week's challenge.
  4. May 2, 2013
    I have to say, I'm super-impressed by the first episode of this show, and I'm absolutely going to keep watching. Kal Penn is so far superior to the typical reality host these days. I'm SO tired of Survivor, The Apprentice, and all the rest of these played-out series that really have no positive outcomes other than pissing people off. It's awesome to see people with real smarts, using their smarts to actually build things and get things done. Inspires confidence in what we can do as a country. Expand
  5. May 3, 2013
    If you have kids and want them to be inspired to think out of the box, this is your show. Yes it's another competition show but it's levels above in quality. No overly tan, slutty, dumb, worthless people battling it out to be king of stupidity. It's just smart people competing to solve tough challenges and end up with a job at a bad-ass company... enough said
  6. May 3, 2013
    I really enjoyed the first hour of this competition. As others have said, it's refreshing to see very smart people solving very practical problems. Sure, there's a social aspect to it, but I find it cool to see how these groups attack situations. And a word on Kal Penn. I thought he would ham it up, Kumar-style, but I appreciate his playing it straight and taking it seriously.
  7. May 2, 2013
    I just heard about the big brain theory from a friend this week and was glad I did. I've heard comparisons to other "competition" or "reality" shows but this is SO MUCH BETTER. The overall concept is so cool. The challenges seem to be outrageous but awesome. Listening to the participants talk/argue is fun. They don't use vulgar/dumb arguments they are smart people using sound reasoning to prove their points. I'm a loyal fan in just one week. Expand
  8. May 3, 2013
    Everyone talks about how important it is to make technology, science, engineering, and math cool so that kids will take interest in those fields. Finally a show makes that happen! Hopefully enough people will find this gem of a show and make it "must-see-tv" for the whole family. We're totally looking forward to the next episode at my house...
  9. Jul 3, 2013
    I've only watched one episode and already I am hooked. I think it is great that we have a reality show promoting intelligence and innovation and not glorifying mediocrity. I really hope this show catches on. I would rather watch 10 geniuses passionately defend their ideas any day over these histrionic scripted reality shows about nothing. I really hope that the people see the big picture.
tbd

No score yet - based on 3 Critics

1. Reviewed by: Neil Genzlinger
    May 1, 2013
    The usual stuff of such shows--arguments among team members; a race against the clock--is served up, though here the disagreements are peppered with phrases out of a physics class about kinetic friction, static friction and so on.
  2. Reviewed by: David Wiegand
    Apr 29, 2013
    In the end, we come away from Big Brain Theory realizing that nerds can be just as insufferable as anyone, and just as interesting. The only thing that seems to separate the competitors on Big Brain from those on “Survivor” is that the nerds wear more clothes.
  3. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    Apr 29, 2013
    In the broad strokes, this looks and feels like almost every other made-for-TV elimination game.