• Network: NBC
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 23, 2013
  • Season #: 1 , 2
7.7

1. Sep 28, 2013
    The Blacklist is an amazing, intense, well-acted, well-written, and well-directed. James Spader and the female lead (I forgot her name) are amazing together. I highly recommend this show
  2. Sep 25, 2013
    Has the potential to be great, BUT it sadly looks like it will not live up to it's potential. Conceptually, it is great, but the writing is terrible, nonsensical, and illogical. All the problems are too easily solved by Spader's character, the FBI is portrayed as one big idiot as everyone seems to be out of the loop. Spader's outfit in the opening? WOOF. It was offensively cheesy.
  3. Sep 30, 2013
    cliché, badly written and predictable script. Example 5 seconds after Reddington mentions Ranko Zamani's name they've matched his prints on the plane he just flew into Washington on....c;mon, really?..I can't see this series lasting 3 months before it goes on the chopping block...
  4. Dec 2, 2013
    The Blacklist is extremely poor. The stories are not checked for internal consistency, the science and history are flat wrong. The characters are terminally stupid. The setting and premise are ridiculous. The acting is bland. The characters avoid asking direct questions so that drama can be spread over an episode. I feel like I'm watching a televised reading of gossip magazines due to the shallow, insipid, disgusting, sexist garbage that, quite surprisingly, is being broadcast. I used to count the number of times Keen did something that should have gotten her fired from the FBI or arrested, but gave up after 10. There are not enough adjectives in the English language to adequately convey how disappointing and face-palmingly retarded The Blacklist is. The final kick in the nuts from NBC is that they cancelled Ironside, a brilliantly written, superbly acted and dramatically shot new series while continuing to fund this tripe. Expand
  5. Oct 19, 2013
    Show is poorly written,first loop hole is when Red Reddington surrendered surely CIA or NSA will take him in.Also FBI surveillance in here so week and Red Reddington escapes so easily.Least they should have put tracking device on him.Also action and story out of logic and predictable.No bigger picture there So not tempting to watch the show again so due to that show going to get cancel once the viewers get dropped, Expand
  6. Oct 3, 2013
    The main draw of this show is unquestionably James Spader. His acting is on full display here as he seems to be relishing this mysterious and complex role. Beyond him though, things start to get dicey. A pet peeve of mine is when writers diminish the intelligence of all the surrounding characters in order to make the main character look more intelligent. That happens here. A lot. The government agents, in particular, are almost as incompetent as the cadets in Police Academy, going from one stupid nonsensical act to another. It works for now, but the agents better smarten up or it's going to be tedious. Expand
  7. Sep 27, 2013
    I found the show pretty preposterous. James Spader's character Red Reddington seems to know everything about everybody and can somehow get people to do his bidding even though he's captive by the FBI. I think someone would have to have supernatural mental/psychic abilities to pull this off. This show tries too hard to be like an action movie and dispenses with the logic. For my money, Jonny Lee Miller & Lucy Liu are much more credible on CBS's Elementary: not so flamboyant, but much more logical. Expand
  8. Oct 10, 2013
    I don't know if you remember James Spader as Alan Shore from Boston Legal, but allow me to tell you that seeing him in court was almost like seeing Shakespeare in person. Now, I'm not personally a fan of Shakespeare, but we can't deny his brilliance and all the works that have stemmed from his. Alan Shore's speeches were shakesperian in that they were so brilliant and had so much longevity that if you removed them from their surroundings and just used them as words on a page, they would still be brilliant. Well, Alan Shore is back in the Blacklist as Raymond Reddington. He's every bit as brilliant, as witty and as smug, and let me tell you, James Spader was born to play smug.
    The Blacklist is a highly intelligent new drama about a man so smart, and so dastardly that he has conceived a plot to use the FBI as his own personal hit squad, taking out all of his criminal competition. He walks right into the FBI's HQ, and turns himself in, because he knows his value to them. After all, he's Raymond Reddington, the most wanted man in the world. Genius show, you must watch it.
  9. Jan 27, 2014
    I am in complete agreement with lahonda_99. This show is total garbage. Utterly stupid plot lines. Mediocre acting. The same 2 —and only — agents show up at the right time to save the day. Obviously there have been some serious cutbacks at the FBI!!

The good folks at NBC were aiming low with this show. And they definitely hit a home run.
  10. Feb 14, 2014
    One of the worse shows I've had to endure in recent memory, abysmal acting, James Spade has hit a new low, with his one expression act he's got going on. I'm not sure how many times they can make samey shows while keeping us interested.
    A fast paced mess, with a lot of "blabla" trying too hard to sound intelligent and gripping while almost parodying the genre. I am a one man army, boom
    bam Hu Ha I'll say two words and make you crack, Ill defuse the bomb the last second, I got the president on speed dial. BORING.
    Tis' a poor man's 24,only two decades late and as dull and cliché as they get.
  11. Sep 25, 2013
    The Blacklist is an intense, fast paced, amazing, action packed drama with good plots and a story line that will make you question everything. If any new fall show deserves to be watched, it's definitely this.
  12. Nov 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers. I admit to a huge Spader crush and that could be why I think he is the only thing worth watching on this show.. but the other characters are just plain boring. Pretty, yes but about as exciting and compelling as old ketchup. Not to mention, quite stupid, honestly. In this show, the FBI is barely functioning above a 6th grade logic skills class and while it's satisfying to get some of the answers before the main characters, we shouldn't be getting ALL of them.
    (POSS. SPOILER AHEAD..) Agent Keen is most likely his abandoned daughter from 20 years ago when he went AWOL. It's super obvious right in the pilot. The only people who don't see this are... everyone else in the story! Which is to say, all the FBI agents. All of whom have been recruited during the same 20 year lag where walking while talking meant you had the right stuff to be in the FBI. I am serious, they are just not that bright. Nest to James Spader's main attraction, they just don't live up to his creepy mystery and everyone else comes across as plain and dull next to him. Agent Keen, his daughter, is very pretty and dull. Agent Keen's begrudging partner is also pretty and dull as block-of-wood Agent Ressler ('cause she 'wrestles' with him, get it.. they love the obvious on this show)
    Since episode 1, it would seem that Keen's only acting directions must have been, "have no expression on your face, then at random moments, face the camera and cry...ok, go!" I don't know whether it's the writing or the directing but no one aside from Spader's character is even remotely interesting. Spader is the best part of the show, along with the always wonderful Parminder Nagra who makes the most out of terrible lines and almost no part. Which ultimately is a shame because I think the premise is quite good.
  13. Feb 3, 2014
    It started out good but got boring and predictable real quick. Like everyone has said, the best part is Spader. LIzzy Keen appears incompetent and her acting stinks. The stupid mention of watch out for your husband is getting really old. That foreign mole is irritating too. Can hardly understand her when she talks. The plots are getting just too far fetched. Next......
  14. May 21, 2014
    Imagine this, an FBI convoy of at least 5 large black armored SUV,s full of armed trained agents are speeding a potential kidnap victim to safety ....how could you possibly stop them a get to the kidnap victim
    I know get a phony road worker to hold up a stop sign !!!........this sums up this series which is only made more ludicrous by the inept casting ,the female lead looks like her
    hair and makeup were done by Linda Carter's (Wonder Woman) team from the 70's. They paid James Spader and whatever was left over hired the rest of the cast.....this show got good reviews! Expand
  15. Nov 22, 2013
    The best show on TV bar none. James Spader is riveting as he doesn't even have to speak to captivate the screen. If there is a better show on TV I haven't seen it. Word of mouth will propel this show to number one. Mr. Spader wins an Emmy. Don't miss it.
  16. Oct 2, 2013
    I don't mind suspending disbelief, but I do mind suspending intelligence. O.K. I knew Spader would make or break the show, but I thought he'd have some support from the writers when he was off screen, and all we get is ramped up "24" fantasia land. "Homeland" succeeds because it has a plot and characters to distract from the adolescent view of terrorism, and it has Clare Danes. "Blacklist" has the usual super heroes in human clothing. Isn't it rather obvious that Spader has a daughter? Namely? Expand
  17. Sep 25, 2013
    RickHendrikse Sep 24, 2013 9 This is the way to drop a new show to your audience. Episode one's overlapping story (thug-helps-police-and-want's-a-deal) is a one-episode story but at the same time uncovers a multi-episode and maybe season long plot in a way that you want to see next episode.

James Spader is believable as a non-cannibalistic (so far we know) Hannibal kinda guy, a guy who
    looks totally in control, even though he's been arrested by the FBI as a most-wanted international criminal. He planned the whole thing and want to cut a deal, he'll help the feds capture a even bigger fish, but only wants to do business with first-day-on-the-job agent Keen (Megan Boone).

While everyone, perfectly understandable, will praise Spader's performance, don't forget Boone's part. She can really keep up with her co-star, is attractive, mysterious and overall there is a feeling where you really want this girl to kick *ss!

I'm really looking forward to the rest of the series. What's the deal with Keens husband? What is the connection between the two main characters? How about Keen's past? And how will Diego Klattenhoff, playing a FBI cop "in charge", fit into the whole story. So far, so good!
  18. Oct 3, 2013
    I really like the actors and writing. The plot seems to be solid. It gives you enough info each week to show there is some depth to the storyline. I find it entertaining, well acted and good writing.
  19. Nov 7, 2013
    Spader is a fantastic lead and him alone makes the show worth watching, The rest of the cast is ok. It's a villain of the week sort of show where they take out 1 person on the blacklist each episode. Gets a little old as the season goes on but it's still a pretty solid show overall.
  20. Nov 11, 2013
    Unbelievable series which seems as if it is going to have a different criminal theme every week. It is linked by James Spader who, ridiculously, is a master criminal dictating actions to the authorities in order for them to catch other criminals. It's all total tosh saved only by Spader himself.
  21. Aug 8, 2014
    James Spader is the only reason this show is worth watching at all. The critics of america seem to collectively have been drugged or bribed to give this show such glowing reviews. Most plot lines in every episode are utterly predictable. The whole Tom Keen story ark is very predictable after just a few episodes. The action scenes are repetitive between the episodes and don't feel believable and the FBI agents do not seem to think planning is worth anything. The characters in the show do some surprisingly stupid things just to keep the plot alive. Consistency seems to be VERY hard. People are moving between D.C. and New York in a few minutes. EVERY american citizen has had it's DNA recorded in a government database somewhere.

For some reason James Spader manages to keep me interested.
  22. Nov 11, 2013
    Who can not love James Spader? He is such a good actor taking command of any scene he is in. The show manages to keep my interest with decent characters, good action, and plot twists. I will keep watching this one.
  23. Sep 23, 2013
    The story line and the lead players are well chosen. HOWEVER the production values stank. Oldfashioned viewers like to be able to discern what the actors are saying...it is NOT just about the action.

Too many of the supporting actors subscribed to the school of acting based upon mumbling, prattling but at all times striving to LOOK compelling. Very strange, as the star of the show was
    speaking clearly and could be followed.

Some of the responsibility must rest with the sound engineers, who seemed not to be able to balance and achieve clarity.

For pointers, they should watch the commercials, as their sound values made the program seem very shoddy.
  24. Sep 24, 2013
    James Spader is fantastic in this wonderful new drama. Just when it seemed like you had the pilot figured out, another plot twist came into the picture. The pilot had it's moments when it seemed to drag, but luckily they were few and far between! I'm really looking forward to seeing where the writers take this show. It looks very promising.
  25. Oct 3, 2013
    Critics gave this a high score, but to me it was just ok. I really want to see it, but was disappointed in the gruesome violence in the first episode and the ridiculous easy way the guy escapes in the first two episodes. He is under total lockdown, then let out and is able to just walks away without anyone seeing him. Unbelievable.
  26. Oct 12, 2013
    This a very good show and I give it a 10. I don't usually rates shows above a 9, but this show takes it all. Very thrilling and and had my attention through every second. Also like almost every police drama, there are many sub plots that take place and are introduced with the first couple of episodes. The subplot of her husband's secretly life is brilliant! Mondays are going to be hype at 10 pm!!! Expand
  27. Oct 17, 2013
    OK, I am totally hooked on The Blacklist and am loving the fact that it has gotten a full season order! At this point, I would love to see it go beyond one season. Yes, there are elements of the show that are far-fetched and unbelievable, and would probably never happen in real ife. Dramas are serious, but aren't intended to be a true-to-life reality. I believe TV (as well as film, music, art) is inherently escapist. When I watch or listen to something, I don't expect exactness or reality. What I do expect are things that will keep me interested and entertained. The Blacklist does this very, very well. James Spader is as close to perfect as one can get when it comes to acting. It seems like almost everything the man touches turns to gold. His tremendous skill is a huge reason why The Blacklist is so ridiculously great. Unrealistic aspects aside, the stories are incredibly engaging. There's an terrific mix of drama, action, suspense, mystery, and even comedy. The music used in the show is a very nice bonus. Hands down, this is the best new show of the 2013-2014 TV season, and I hope it sticks around for a while! Expand
  28. Nov 6, 2013
    Spader's dialogue (congrats writers) and Spader's acting are worth an 8 ranking for this show. Even the very to somewhat less realistic story circumstances and plotlines can be overlooked. Spader is the show and makes it worth watching. Sadly the female lead is really mediocre by comparison, both in terms of the dialogue and in terms of her acting ability. There is no chemistry at all between her and Spader, either love, hate or any other strong emotion. She reminds me of one of the innumerable women who play cops, all lightweights to their male counterpart. Sadly, strong female characters, women like those found in Southland, Major Crimes or the Killing are in a whole other acting league. Too bad with a good female lead, this show might have been a 9 or 10. Expand
  29. Nov 9, 2013
    This is an excellent show that is very well written and acted. I must say, that after the first episode I did not like it much, however now It is probably in my top 5 favorite shows.
  30. Nov 17, 2013
    The show has a great plot and, with James Spader as the leading actor, should not be worried of being anywhere near canceled as long as the story keeps being solid. The procedural one-case-at-a-time style is working well because there's a side plot that is potentially very related to the show's two lead characters. Great show!
  31. Nov 18, 2013
    Spader is one of my favourites....and he does not disappoint in this show. A+++ for actors, themes, and entertainment...love the show! The writers are doing a wonderful job so far....keep up the good work.
  32. Jan 8, 2014
    Amazing story, I'm at episode 6 at the moment at I just can't stop watching. This series has amazing acting and a nice original story. Reddington is amazingly played.
  33. Jan 16, 2014
    Spader plays an interesting character and his dialogue and delivery are fun to watch. HOWEVER, the violence in the show has become gratuitous and unnecessary. We do not need to see the torture and maiming, the blood splatter and the body parts to know that it has happened. The gore cheapens the product! Spend the time spent on gore on developing more interesting scripts.
  34. Mar 3, 2014
    This serie it's amazing! I can't wait to see how ends season 1.... Intense!! I like the way Red manage the drama, he is such a great actor and Liz. Please don't stop!! We want season 3...4...5.....
  35. May 7, 2014
    Blacklist suffers principally from miscasting in the female lead. Megan Boone just doesn't have the earthy toughness of, say, Piper Perabo in Covert Affairs. Her porcelain beauty just doesn't fit. As for Spader, he will always be Spader the actor on screen, as the persona of his characters is eclipsed by the man himself. I've come to think of this as John Wayne Syndrome, and many of our most popular actors suffer that benign affliction. Expand
  36. Dec 17, 2013
    Spader is fantastic, but the surrounding cast is rather underwhelming. This fact falls on the writers as Spader is the only one who can rise above the dullness of the writing. As far as network TV goes, The Blacklist is far better than most, but in my opinion, there's really nothing new about the Blacklist beyond the standard network Police/FBI shows on finds on network tv.
  37. Aug 2, 2014
    The Blacklist is basically about James Spader being a jerk to everyone around him because everyone else knows less than him about his secret plans of being a master-criminal. He's smug about most everything and, because of the plot, he's always right about things and they mostly go his way eventually seemingly no matter how bad they might look. It works a few times, but takes the air out of things a bit after that.

Most of the criminals that he schemes to take down are pretty interesting though, so it's a pretty good watch.
  38. Oct 26, 2013
    Oh my GOD! I love this show. FBI Agents, Most Wanted and Unknown Most Wanted Criminals, A Criminal itself. This one I hope keeps it rhythm because is a good one, and i wanna know what is about this Elizabeth Keen obsession of Red. What made it so attractive to me was the fact that this criminal turns in to the FBI just to help them? Nah im not buying it. I always wanna know more when an episode ends, it leaves me with more questions every Monday. Totally worth it people, if you hadn't watch it yet you Should, even though im asking to myself, You really haven't seen it YET? Expand
  39. Jan 28, 2014
    After quite a while, a show worth watching on major network. I find this very entertaining and follow the Reddington (Spader) character traits - his way of looking at life. Sometime feel envious, that why I am not like him. I guess thats one of the accomplishment of a show - getting a character you feel for.
  40. Jan 16, 2014
    The show is clearly Spader's vehicle and one wonders how long the writers as well as the supporting players will be able to keep up with him. So far so good, but again I wonder how long it can last.
  41. Sep 24, 2013
    This was a pleasant surprise. The plot is barely believable but I didn't care. The pacing of the show was just right for an hour of spy games and plot twists.

James Spader was just fantastic and his personality is the center of the show. I doubt it would work without him. Just like the events of the show, he dominates every single scene(that's a good thing)

The plot reveals were
    interesting and well done.

NBC is starting to win me over..(if only they kept Prime Suspect!!)
  42. Sep 29, 2013
    The Blacklist stands out. There are so many new shows this season, so many comedies, so many "cop" dramas that are "different" but this one is truly different. It's a really interesting show that I can see going somewhere. On the other hand, some parts of the acting are just really blah, they just make you go, "Really?"
  43. Sep 23, 2013
    This show is looking to be the best show this fall! The characters red and lizzy were interesting. Had good action intense moments. Hope it can keep it together because the plot sounds awesome. Hope it gets better with each episode
  44. Jan 16, 2014
    After half season on the way i must say that this series is top notch. Everything is working great, cast, story, action. I am enjoying watching every episode. Megan Boone and James Spader are very good. If they keep it like that, this will be one on the best new series.
  45. Jun 24, 2014
    NBC does it again with The Blacklist. It is amazing because it's interesting, James Spader is just a boss, well written, action packed, and layered with twists.
  46. Oct 12, 2013
    This show is definetly fall's best new drama. It's filled with twists and turns, action, adventure, suspense, and last but not least thrill! Every episode creates a different story-line and at the same time recaps others and creates one hell of a story-line! i sense that reddington is her father with all the hints he's dropping especially in the latest episode but i hope they create a more cliff hanging conclusion as this season's number of episodes is limited. Expand
  47. Oct 19, 2013
    Impressed so far. Will have to see how this shows continues to play out. Spader's character is very interesting but some the acting is not. But the story still grabs my attention
  48. Oct 9, 2013
    It's not terrible but it's story is a little self serving and they pull conspiracies out of thin air. It's a mindlessly violent, over a exaggerated spy drama... About non-spies. Is it a procedural.. Is there a meaningful story arc there somewhere? Not that I can see. Save yourself some time and watch Homeland instead (if you haven't already). Spader is the only redeeming part of the show for me.
  49. Oct 13, 2013
    The show has made a dazzling start. Lead Raymond 'Red' Reddington, portrayed by James Spader plays a
    wanted man, by the FBI, who over the last 20 years has made a so called 'Blacklist' of dangerous men including terrorists and politicians, who, with the help of Elizabeth Keen, who is played by Megan Boone, aim to take down and make society a safer place.
  50. Oct 15, 2013
    Wow, all i can say really is Wow! I don't usually properly follow tv shows and when i do i dont bother watching every single episode but I'm soo hooked on this new show ive made sure to watch every episode and continue like this, I love it!!! Can't wait each week now for the new episodes! :D
  51. Oct 22, 2013
    Personally, I love this show but I fear it could grow a bit old unless there are a few more secrets and revelations a bit quicker. The two main actors do a great job, but others are lacking.
  52. Oct 27, 2013
    Tha Blacklist is walking for the right direction. The pilot was brilliant: writing, directing and acting with Spader and the new hit TV star Megan Boone. The show is building its way for a bombshell. The funnt situations put in a comfortable situations to the audience: It's easy to watch. The only question is, right now the show is so good, withouth a doubt is the best new TV network show, but how the show's storyline keed the audience after we figure out what is the relathionship Red-Liz, and the Liz's husband secret? If they put the revealing of this secrets (and others) for the winter or the season finale, what will be The Blacklist for Season 2?? Expand
  53. Oct 28, 2013
    James Spader shines in this action packed show that keeps you coming back for more! He has always been able to find characters that are off the beaten path and the Blacklist has provided him with another great role.
  54. Nov 12, 2013
    Needs more Spader; less of the woman. If you didn't know better, you'd think the woman was the star of this show. I'm fading fast on the woman and her boyfriend story line. They need to move on from that. And more Spader! After all he is the star, but the show's becoming a yawn because his part is so small compared to the woman (his daughter in the show). I'll give it a bit longer to improve and then move on if this continues. Expand
  55. Nov 17, 2013
    Absolutely the most fun new drama on TV! Look forward to Monday night TV again....James Spader is wicked good. Each and every week leaves you saying WOW did that just happen and wanting to see the next episode immediately!
  56. Nov 28, 2013
    Definitely a great show to watch! I was very skeptical with the same ol same, woman cop as the lead role, but James Spayder adds the much needed intrigue, witty dialog and awesome acting to move this series to the top.
    The fam and I are soon to be long time fans of this one.
  57. Nov 28, 2013
    Show is good. The only downside is the talent-less performance of Megan Boone. This is one my few reviews that was trigger by this bad acting. I keep wondering why she got this part next to a brilliant Spader. Please find a way to change her for the sake of the show. TEEERRRIBLE
  58. Dec 3, 2013
    This is the first time I've watched James Spader at the helm of a show as he captivates the audience and entices us to follow him through his journey. I must say it is a pleasure to watch with intelligent story telling and creative character development this show is a must see for anyone who enjoys a well written well acted thriller that creates unforgettable characters and a story which will keep you on your toes and begging for more. The writing is masterfully crafted keeping spader mysterious yet relatable, cold and intellectual sometimes even psychotic yet someone who's motivations are justifiable and easily relatable. The first ten episodes have built a story and characters which are unforgettable exciting and just plain fun to watch. I look forward to what this team has in store for us next. The best way I can properly describe it would be the intrigue of person of interest yet with a more gritty and realistic setting while also allowing for a character study of Raymond Reddington which reminds me of Game of thrones in the way that when the show wants you to feel a certain way toward a character specifically R.R. (empathy, a sense of envy toward his brilliance, his lifestyle, and his self confidence which stems from his ability too control any situation or person through force of will and wit alone.) This show has shown true potential and I can't wait to see what they do next 9 out of 10 only because shows I've enjoyed in the first season have as of lately gone to and I don't want to be heart broken if the greedy producers at nbc this up by dumbing it down to the lowest common denominator. Expand
  59. Dec 7, 2013
    The Blacklist, I found, was a very interesting show, but with a very unrealistic concept. The beginning appeared to be quite action packed, and a perfect concept to keep the show going. Throughout the middle of the Season it slowed down quite a bit, episodes didn't connect, and were quite standalone, not making it a show that you need to follow. At the end of the Season it was very action packed, but only used a villain that was introduced IN THAT EPISODE.
    Overall the season was very interesting, some characters were pretty typical of a network show, but still kept me entertained.
    So a nice 8/10
  60. Dec 7, 2013
    This show is absolutely brilliant! The way the FBI are portrayed is very realistic, and Reddington makes the whole show. He is absolutely amazing, I am hooked! Cannot wait for the next season!!
  61. Dec 11, 2013
    The Blacklist is my favourite new show of 2013, which has seen some tough competition emerge. Character development is brilliant and continually building on the basics that were established early on. Each episode has a different twist that keeps you glued to the show, and James Spader is just the perfect character.
  62. Jan 16, 2014
    I'm really enjoying the series james spader's character is very good.
    the show is amazing, intense, very good...very good...I really like the actors and writing.
  63. Aug 11, 2014
    Show was ok, until episode 10 of first season. Who wrote that?! Whoever that was spoiled the whole thing. Completely unbelievable characters and actions. Episode 9 was fine, I was in and curious of what`s going to happen. And that episode 10 happened. Horrible writing. It was such a bad experience that I had to write it somewhere :)
  64. Jan 18, 2014
    I rarely get attached to a show or want to write a review, but this show is AMAZING. I was NOT a Spader fan before this show but I am now. It seems he has truly grown into the perfect actor. Whether he is speaking or simply looking at you, in The Blacklist, you feel mesmerized - he has really made the character of Red his own. The lead female Megan Boone is okay (I keep seeing her with short hair on a few episodes of Blue Blood) but when both of these two actors come together - the show truly shines. They have wonderful chemistry.

I am also a fan of Parminder Nagra who was so brilliant in the short lived Alcatraz (also a very good show) and I feel they need to give her a larger role.

Finally, for those who mention the violence - yes, there is a lot of it, but I think it is an integral part of the plot and moves the action along at a brilliant pace.

Let's hope they keep this one on for a few years - network TV tends to cancel their good shows way too fast and keep the horrible ones on for years.
  65. Feb 14, 2014
    Very good, its not one of the best series of course but the mystery in it is very good and very entertaiming, i suggest it to anyone ,does who dont like it are pretending to be some movie and tv knowers but they are wrong. Sorry for bad english
  66. Feb 14, 2014
    Spader is the interesting piece who should be allotted more time. When pushed to the background, what's going on around the lives of the other amateur characters just can't level with what the silent, poetic criminal mind – that is Raymond Reddington – can effortlessly offer. The ongoing plot with Liz's adoption has been halting the show and, like all the names in the Blacklist, must be dealt with and locked up soon. Expand
  67. Mar 6, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. James Spader is one of the great all time actors. He is riveting. Unfortunately Megan Boone is as bad as Spader is good. Her acting compromises the show. Poor casting except for Spader. Good premise of plot. Expand
  68. May 19, 2014
    Ok boys and girls, the major networks can produce and intelligent, intriguing, captivating show when they want to as well. James Spader is as good in this as any actor in any current series, period I love the character Red. He is not alone though, whoever plays Lizzie is great too and I like the rest of the cast as well. The plots are fun and the central theme keeps viewers guessing. This is a fun show, I hope they don't dumb it down. Expand
  69. May 18, 2014
    Jesus Christ! James Spader performance in this show is incredible. While the effects could been better, 'The Blacklist' still offers an entertainment, likeable and awesome TV serie.
  70. May 22, 2014
    By far, this is the best show on TV. I looked forward to Monday evenings. It is going to be a long wait until fall. I have them recorded and watch then often. The dialog and acting is a TEN.
  71. May 24, 2014
    I am an ENORMOUS fan of James Spader and try to watch this show as an 'entertainment' but the script is often so irrational, it becomes laughable. The cast is strong with the notable exception of Megan Boone whose performance is weak and wooden. She has one of those faces you just want to hit with a shovel (perhaps then it would be less bland and more animated).
  72. Jun 8, 2014
    The Blacklist has proven throughout the season to add a new twist to the common TV action series. Through the use of suspenseful story lines and new twists this series has continued to keep viewers on the edge of their seats. As a story line there are elements that are a bit far-fetched for the hyper critical viewer but the authors continue to provide the audience with an action packed story line that keeps them coming back for more.
    The Blacklist has made for an excellent series throughout season one providing the audience with twist after great twist making for one of best series for 2013-2014. I hope The Blacklist can come back for an even better season 2 in the coming year.
  73. Jun 24, 2014
    Cuando crees que sabes lo que va a pasar (El FBI captura al malo y el episodio termina feliz.) Aproximadamente faltando 10 minutos para que el capítulo termine, te da una vuelta sorpresa, terminando en un hecho dramático, suspensivo o sorpresivo, haciéndote esperar para el próximo capitulo.

1. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Oct 11, 2013
    [A] pleasurable, cheeky new crime drama. [21 Oct 2013, p.47]
  2. Reviewed by: Jeff Jensen
    Oct 9, 2013
    Here and now, The Blacklist is top-of-the-list escapism.
  3. Reviewed by: Michael Starr
    Oct 3, 2013
    [Spader’s] magnetic, chewing on the scenery so much that you can’t look away from him.