• Network: NBC

2. tttttt
    Im Obsessed With This Show Already
  3. ReaP
    Jan 7, 2006
    Overacted in the beginning, the characters finally settled into just a little larger than life as the community came together. Aidan and Ellen played their parts with finesse and appealing humanity. I found it good fun and entertaining. Just might breath some good humored life into the greater Episcopalian community. I wish ALL religious groups could have as much fun with their own Overacted in the beginning, the characters finally settled into just a little larger than life as the community came together. Aidan and Ellen played their parts with finesse and appealing humanity. I found it good fun and entertaining. Just might breath some good humored life into the greater Episcopalian community. I wish ALL religious groups could have as much fun with their own foibles. Jesus' part was played a little too light and fluffy for my taste for such a powerful and impactful man...but it was really courageous for writers to attempt a charicaturization of him that was bound to attract major dissention to begin with. Expand
  4. AP
    Jan 6, 2006
    I thought the program shows lots of promise. Yes there are a lot of dysfunctional people, but this provide lots of room for an honest look at problems we all face.
  5. DaveL
    Jan 6, 2006
    Won't last because it is too intelligent for most viewers and when you piss off the Christian right with a sensitive, compassionate Jesus who is your best friend you better watch out. Watch it until the Christain right drives it off of the air.
  6. CindiB
    Jan 7, 2006
    This was a funny show! Why does everyone have to take everything so seriously. Loosen up people!
  7. karenk
    We loved it, it is like a 21st century SOAP
  8. ShirleyJ
    Why not!!?? I liked it
  9. SuzanneE
    Jan 8, 2006
    I thought the program was a real hoot. Loved the cast and thought the whole premise of the show refreshing.
  10. StevenD
    Jan 9, 2006
    Very good show if you look past the silly controversy.
  11. SandraM
    Jan 9, 2006
    I'm as excited by this show as I was by DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES before they killed off Bree's husband. WASP families fascinate me. Having Jesus shown live is fine. I can't imagine that anyone other than a fanatic will object. My only problem with the show is that it's on opposite another favorite of mine: NUMB3RS, which I will now have to watch in rerun.
  12. ernie
    Jan 9, 2006
    Funny tv -people need to remember its for entertainmant
  13. deb
    Feb 4, 2006
    I love the show! The sarcasm is great. you canm go on the nbc website and view the unaired episodes from the last few weeks. It is too bad that the network did not have enough courage to give the show a little longer to prove itself.
  14. PRedstone
    Jan 14, 2006
    Like the stained glass station breaks, the writing is colorful with harsh outlines. That's what black comedy is supposed to be like. The style captures the outrageous in the mundane. I love it. Keep it up. Good work!!! Great cast! Susanna Thompson is fabulous!
  15. KarlaB
    Jan 16, 2006
    I'm tired of stupid, repetitive sitcoms and brainless reality shows. The Book of Daniel is fresh and thought-provoking and genuinely entertaining. I don't get the uproar about it. It's a better show on NBC than that godawful "Surface."
  16. LaurieannD
    Jan 29, 2006
    It's a shame NBC is willing to cut programs like Book of Daniel, but keep those that show, and contain vilolence and sexual abuse. I think BOD is well written and should be taken as a mix of comedy and drama. So, who really knows what Jesus looked like? Not NBC or the critics.
  17. clook
    Jan 5, 2006
    I find it odd to vote on a show before I have seen it. Noone can speak for GOD, but this show has caused many to explore problems and issues that have been considered taboo. If this Jesus is compassionate and understands "turn thy other cheek", then no worries.
  18. MikeM
    Jan 6, 2006
    It has potential. Don't give up on it yet.
  19. DanH
    Jan 6, 2006
    Intriguing. Characters are a little overblown, but I like the interactions.
  20. MyronP
    Jan 7, 2006
    Excellent show. Realistic and challenging.
  21. JaneC
    Jan 7, 2006
    Keep this ambitious show on until the plots become more developed. It is witty, funny, clever, and the protrayal of Jesus as a friend is worth the time spent watching the show. It isn't a sacchrine show, nor is Jesus portrayed as such...the actors are superb.
  22. AnaK
    Jan 7, 2006
    Smart, funny, touching. The best new network show since Law & Order: SVU. I usually stick to HBO and Showtime for television programs, but I will be watching "The Book of Daniel" faithfully, if you'll pardon the small pun.
  23. JohnD
    Jan 7, 2006
    Excellent drama that's real enough to get all the dysfunctional whiny fundamentalists wound up in their usual mindless tizzy. You go Daniel!
  24. Annie
    Nicely irreverant humor.
  25. Cris
    Jan 7, 2006
    I thought it was real life.
  26. Peter
    Jan 7, 2006
    Phenomenal show.....groundbreaking. Should be used for discussions of religious topics in churches. It is interesting to note that Jesus never "told" Daniel what to do, but rather told him that he will know what to do.
  27. DickD
    Jan 7, 2006
    Can't see where the religious controvery comes in. The show's depiction of Jesus is correct as our Lord gives no easy answers, shows love and concern, gently lets Daniel know when he has vered off the path, and has a great sense of humor. The show falters inthat the characters are all too one dimensional - troubled. You need some stability to contrast with the chaotic. I'll Can't see where the religious controvery comes in. The show's depiction of Jesus is correct as our Lord gives no easy answers, shows love and concern, gently lets Daniel know when he has vered off the path, and has a great sense of humor. The show falters inthat the characters are all too one dimensional - troubled. You need some stability to contrast with the chaotic. I'll watch it certaining a cut above "housewives and Sex in the City. Expand
  28. MikeS
    Jan 8, 2006
    I loved the show's debut and felt that despite the varied roster of familial problems, what was presented at its' base was a warm, loving family. The fact that the problems had by all the characters were somewhat over the top only created amusement and interest. It made the show fun. The acting was superb all through the ensemble cast.
  29. PatriciaB
    Jan 8, 2006
    for once, something funny, and a bit irreverent, without being "dirty". No one is killed, beaten or sexually abused. Looking forward to the next episode. Loved it..
  30. DAVIDEM
    Jan 8, 2006
    Fantastic television for a change. Open your minds people and learn something about real life!

1. A well-intentioned drama with a few comedic quirks but without depth or greater purpose.
    The cast is heavenly in The Book of Daniel; the writing isn't.
  3. Reviewed by: James Poniewozik
    You may feel the faith-and-family themes could be handled better on cable--mainly because they have been.