The Bridge (2013) : Season 2

• Series Premiere Date: Jul 10, 2013
Season #: 1, 2
8.1

1. Jul 25, 2014
    A much different season than the first. It's darker and the overall plot is much more complex. The whole story is made up of numerous connecting smaller plots that each involve their own characters and view-points. It's a rather grand scale. It'a also a much more shocking season. Seems like there's always some crazy stuff happening on-screen. It definitely carries a much different feelA much different season than the first. It's darker and the overall plot is much more complex. The whole story is made up of numerous connecting smaller plots that each involve their own characters and view-points. It's a rather grand scale. It'a also a much more shocking season. Seems like there's always some crazy stuff happening on-screen. It definitely carries a much different feel when compared to the first season. This new tone will alienate some fans of the first season, but for me It's a welcome change. Even as someone who wasn't too fond of the first season, I'm finding plenty of stuff to love in season 2 so far. I'm finding it to be one of the most interesting and entertaining returning shows of 2014, and I recommend you check it out. Expand
  2. Sep 19, 2014
    This show has really grown on me, specially on season two with the addition of some new cast members that have added depth to the show. The topics addressed are incredibly important and the writing is bold yet true to reality. I love how they don't stick to stereotypes and are not afraid to share valuable perspectives on the complicated topic of US - Mexico border relations. Can't wait for more!
  3. Oct 4, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The Bridge depicts characters on both sides of the law as well as both sides of the US/Mexico border (in El Paso and Juarez). The pace of storytelling is much slower than what typical US audiences are used to. This is not a procedural and there are no quick, clean answers. And at the beginning of the season, its hard to determine how all the desperate plots will ever come together. It all works out in the end though. Another difference is that part of the show is in Spanish with subtitles. Not sure if that slows some viewers down but I watch TV with the subtitles on all the time anyway. I have seen all of "The Bridge" and must say I enjoyed season 2 the most. The introduction of Eleanor (the frumpy Mennonite cleaner for the drug cartel) made me keep coming back. She is one of the most creative TV characters I've seen in some time. Due to it's poor ratings, the season finale may also be the series finale. If so. I was satisfied with the final episode as the conclusion. I do wonder what will become of Marco, Sonya, Fausto, Eleanor, Frye, Adriana, Hank, Cesar, Linder, Eva and Monte in the future though. Expand
  4. Jul 20, 2014
    Two episodes so far and all it involves is weird sex scenes and dark characters. Not at all like the original show, and I don't like it at all. What happened to the great writing regarding the border crossing challenges and the investigations centered around that? After all, what is the name of the show...oh yes, The Bridge! Not worth watching any longer.
  5. Oct 20, 2015
    The supporting cast are again the strongest aspect of this show. Eleanor Nacht is chilling. TV taboos are broken here and for that alone I hope they renew. Some aspects of the writing and the miscasting of Kruger are the minuses but everything else is excellent. Direction and cinematography for example. Worth an 8.

1. Reviewed by: Zach Hollwedel
    Jul 10, 2014
    One has to be both in the know, as well as acclimated to the gory violence and corpses that frequently appear on camera in order to follow along. As long as Cross and Ruiz's renewed partnership seems necessary, season one fans should welcome the return of The Bridge.
  2. Reviewed by: Maureen Ryan
    Jul 10, 2014
    It moves along with purpose and energy, but it's often at its best when finding colorful details and or allowing small, telling moments to breathe.
  3. Reviewed by: Cynthia Fuchs
    Jul 10, 2014
    As before, The Bridge loses its own focus frequently, sliding off into multiple storylines that follow pairs of characters, some less interesting than others, some downright distracting. But for all the time that feels misspent on Charlotte and her idiot boyfriend Ray (Brian Van Holt) or the self-deluding addict reporter Frye (Matthew Lillard) and his long-suffering partner Adriana (Emily Rios), The Bridge offers brief moments that resonate and sometimes, even chill.