The Colbert Report : Season 1

Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
8.7

1. josephd
    Mar 10, 2007
    The Steevan Colebear Rapore is as [contrived] as contrived can be!! It's so [over the Top] it's unfunny!! His play on words,along with all his ego-related subject matter makes him such super-hero. Trying to hard to be funny can sometimes be [boring] Stevo
  2. WesU
    Sep 20, 2006
    As long as the Myspace / Starbucks generation is going strong, this watered down version of The Daily Show will stay on the air. The two stars goes to Colbert for going from top of his class at an Ivy League school to an unfunny program on basic cable.
  3. NickM
    Apr 1, 2007
    By far the worst show I have ever seen. I don't understand how people can think this crap is clever!! Anyone can act like an asshole, that doesn't mean they're funny!!! Colbert is an overrated fad that any educated person will turn off.
  4. GA
    Oct 23, 2005
    Just doesn't cut the mustard. The thing that makes him so great on the Daily Show, is that he is the weird guy to John's straight guy. Getting a full half hour of his shtick makes it seem contrived and less than authentic. Hopefully he will find his grove and learn his lines better. The jury is out. The question is, will it last long enough for them to return?
  5. MargoC
    Oct 27, 2005
    Doesn't work for me. Stephen was so funny on the Daily Show, but he's too fat-headed on his own. How can putting down Rosa Parks be funny? He's verging on nasty and that's not funny.
  6. JohnC.
    May 27, 2007
    I try as hard as I can to enjoy this since im a big comedy central fan.....but I just cannot stand this moron!!! Absolutly awful!!!
  7. JamesT.
    Dec 17, 2007
    Colbert feels like an absolutely awful extension of the Daily Show. Although it does have its moment's, Colbert's persona feels overdone at times, even to the point where it is necessary to change the channel.

The biggest question hanging over "The Colbert Report" is whether the show’s sendup of the pomposity and fear-mongering of cable news blowhards will be as appealing in the long term as "The Daily Show’s" satire of public figures and the news media as a whole.
    One of Colbert's strengths has always been wordplay, which is in full force on ''The Colbert Report" and gives the show an added level of wit.
  3. The new show dovetails nicely with its lead-in to present a solid hour of skewered news and punctured pomposity.