Season #: 1, 2
5.1

1. AL
    Jul 22, 2009
    A few points for effort in putting a show together, but was it successful? No. I was surprised to find Kelly as one of the judges; I do not feel she has the background to judge, Beyonce's mother would of been a better candidate considering that she has designed costumes for Destiny's Child. I do respect Kelly as an artist just not as a judge. In Project Runway you can probably A few points for effort in putting a show together, but was it successful? No. I was surprised to find Kelly as one of the judges; I do not feel she has the background to judge, Beyonce's mother would of been a better candidate considering that she has designed costumes for Destiny's Child. I do respect Kelly as an artist just not as a judge. In Project Runway you can probably pick out half of the group as not-so-good designers, the fashion show is 100% not-so-good designers while the judges scramble to find the most bearable contestants for the top three. Expand
  2. KayeC
    Jun 11, 2009
    Sorry, I didn't like either isaac or his female sidekick. I thought the apogee came when they kicked off the gal who wasn't familiar with hip hop clothes. Hip hop is so over and done with and the way the two kingpins acted was like the designer had killed someone. Bad, very bad!
  3. chrisj
    May 22, 2009
    Like a designer gown that looks fine from a distance and ends up on closer examination to have frayed hems and is held together with safety pins. Mizrahi isn't his usual bubbly, personable self and the designers, save a handful, don't seem nearly as gifted as those seen on PR. Many can't even sew. Group projects, often the weakest aspect of PR, are the mainstay of this Like a designer gown that looks fine from a distance and ends up on closer examination to have frayed hems and is held together with safety pins. Mizrahi isn't his usual bubbly, personable self and the designers, save a handful, don't seem nearly as gifted as those seen on PR. Many can't even sew. Group projects, often the weakest aspect of PR, are the mainstay of this knockoff. Finally, looks like Bravo thought adding more big name designers as panelists and show viewers would hold the fabric of its hour together. It merely proves, as with PR, that less is truly more. Collapse
  4. PamM
    May 20, 2009
    I tried to like this show....it's terrible. Long live Heidi,Tim and michael - they rock!!
  5. RW
    May 9, 2009
    This is a sorry imitation of Project Runway. The contestants are an uninteresting and generally uninspired lot. Their idea of a fashion "have to have" is derivative, unoriginal and occasionally silly. While Misrahi's critiques are right on, the overall tone of the show matches the clothing - dull, dull, and duller.
  6. StacyS
    May 9, 2009
    Not special enough
  7. LB
    May 8, 2009
    It is like a low class project runway. Instead of having a good mix of personalities they are 80% drama queens.
  8. AlexandriaV
    May 8, 2009
    Kelly Roland is so fabulous. She makes it more enjoyable than project runway.
  9. NicholeD
    May 8, 2009
    I liked this show. I'm not a Project Runway fan, but I tuned in to watch Isaac and Kelly. I wasn't disappointed and even got to see Elie Tahari. Not bad for a premiere show.
  10. JohnK
    Enjoyable.
  11. raquelc
    May 7, 2009
    A more in-depth look and listen into the designers' process elevates this show above those similar. I'll be sure to keep watching
  12. mattA
    May 7, 2009
    This show was terrible--the production quality was miserable. The characters never really address the camera directly, it's hard to hear the hosts/judges because they only talk to each other and never face the camera, the lighting is terrible, the music is cheesy. Worst of all, the designers are freak shows--boring freak shows. Truly hard to watch.

In order to fully enjoy The Fashion Show--and there is plenty to enjoy in Bravo's new reality contest--you have to resist the urge to keep comparing it to "Project Runway."
  2. Reviewed by: Paige Wiser
    If you've been in runway withdrawal, The Fashion Show can provide you with all the bitchery, the language butchery and the stupefying silhouettes that you've been missing.
    Alas, it may end up being addictive for hard-core fashionistas, but The Fashion Show needs work before it is truly ready for the runway.