4.1

1. May 29, 2014
    Seriously? They can't come up with anything new? I'm seriously pissed off that MTV is continuing making remakes of already perfect shows that are fine just the way they are. The jokes don't work without the British accents. There I said it.
  2. Feb 1, 2014
    The first few episodes are just Americans reenacting the first Inbetweeners episodes, but after that the episodes completely changed. It seems like the writers couldn't figure out if they wanted to remake The Inbetweeners, or make new episodes to the UK series, and just couldn't get the original actors.
  3. Feb 7, 2013
    great show, I think it's too underrated. its disappointing to see this show get such harsh ratings and reviews. if people can enjoy the most simple minded programs, like the crap that airs on cartoon network, then they can enjoy this. which is enjoyable. I am looking forward to the next season's release.
  4. Sep 28, 2012
    The humor is sophomoric. It's been done a thousand times. It's a remake of a British sitcom. There are a million reasons not to like this show......but I love it. What can I say? It makes me laugh out loud every episode. Go figure.
  5. Aug 29, 2012
    Much better than I originally thought and MILES better than the trailer suggests. It's not as good as the original (which I'd rate a 10), but if you love the Inbetweeners, this is the closest you're gonna get to a fourth season. And it's definitely nowhere near as bad as, say, Life on Mars. It's much more closer quality-wise to The Office US than that travesty.
  6. Aug 27, 2012
    As an american who has not seen the original show, I have to say I really enjoy this! The only people who REALLY hate this I feel is the people who've had seen and loved the original show instead. This is pretty funny I say and I can't see why so many people dislike it!
  7. Aug 25, 2012
    I don't know why everyone's hating on this before watching it. Yah, the trailer makes the show seem pretty stupid but in reality it 's quite good and I enjoyed watching it. Not as good as the original though.
  8. Aug 22, 2012
    Horrible. There's no other word better fitting to start out a review of the American version of the British series. This show is missing the charm, timing, wit, and the whole point of what made the original so enjoyable. Where the kids in the original are believable, funny and relateable, the kids in this one are flat, miscast and just like anything you'd expect to see on an MTv series. The pilot episode immediately hits you over the head with that these characters are supposed to be like and throws them all together with little reason as to why. Then, the show proceeds to basically take scenes from the first three or four episodes of the original series and do them poorly. Looking at The Inbetweeners without comparing it to the original, it is still really lame, lowbrow humor. What isn't taken from the original series is trying desperately to be The Hangover for young adults but doesn't even remotely pull it off. It's hard to buy the actors as "more than nerdy but less than cool" and any line of dialogue or joke is strictly a reference to each character's one defining trait. The dumb stoner is dumb, the horny horndog is horny, the hopeless romantic can't talk to girls, and the overachiever always has a snarky remark. Except, you can't look at this show and not compare it to the original when the title, character names and even entire scenes are the exact same as the British version. Sadly, no one can pull it off. The acting isn't bad exactly, but the actors are miscast. And the writing seems like someone had to turn in a film project at the last minute so they stole some first season The Inbetweeners scripts, cut out various bits of dialogue (not even the best bits, frankly) and hacked out a crappy, passionless version. Expand
  9. Aug 21, 2012
    I was surprised at how much I enjoyed this. It is funny and it wasn't boring. The trailer doesn't do it justice at all. I'm looking forward to seeing the next episode :)

1. Reviewed by: Ed Bark
    Aug 21, 2012
    The Inbetweeners seems to be experiencing the growing pains of its principal characters. A better start would have been preferable, but at least the show's weekly slings and arrows are pointing upward.
  2. Reviewed by: Matthew Gilbert
    Aug 20, 2012
    The Inbetweeners has a refreshing sincerity.
  3. Reviewed by: Neil Genzlinger
    Aug 20, 2012
    Without the underpinning of droll characters who make you feel their pain, this Inbetweeners is mostly predictable and vulgar.