8.2

1. Jun 2, 2013
    Excellent premiere that is heading in a far better direction as compared to season 2! Mood remains paramount; it is a very blue show, temperamentally and visually. The Seattle we see here is a kind of parallel Seattle, darker, rainier, more mountainous, less American than the actual city. (Because it is Vancouver, to begin with.) For all the establishing-shot flyovers of the city,Excellent premiere that is heading in a far better direction as compared to season 2! Mood remains paramount; it is a very blue show, temperamentally and visually. The Seattle we see here is a kind of parallel Seattle, darker, rainier, more mountainous, less American than the actual city. (Because it is Vancouver, to begin with.) For all the establishing-shot flyovers of the city, whenever we are on the street, we are somewhere else, a fundamentally poetic place whose soggy decrepitude has a vaguely post-apocalyptic feel. Expand
  2. Jun 5, 2013
    The first two hours were more compelling the all of last year show. I like the fact that there talking about the blight of homeless children, making the viewer think and care about something beyond the murder mystery. the scenes in the prison are riveting. It looks like the writers are going to give more depth to the characters. The Killing assumes that the people watch have a brain. AThe first two hours were more compelling the all of last year show. I like the fact that there talking about the blight of homeless children, making the viewer think and care about something beyond the murder mystery. the scenes in the prison are riveting. It looks like the writers are going to give more depth to the characters. The Killing assumes that the people watch have a brain. A rare find on television. I can not wait to see what comes next. I am hooked Expand
  3. Jul 8, 2013
    Even though it moves slow, it is still very engaging. We all know that the last episode or two will bring it all together, so getting in the mood during the build up is well done here. There are a few threads here, and some say the story of the kids is disjointed. However I see that as a good thing as their lives are disjointed. Nothing moves smoothly in the killing, it frustrates youEven though it moves slow, it is still very engaging. We all know that the last episode or two will bring it all together, so getting in the mood during the build up is well done here. There are a few threads here, and some say the story of the kids is disjointed. However I see that as a good thing as their lives are disjointed. Nothing moves smoothly in the killing, it frustrates you because it is only an hour long and ya gotta watt for a week or just save it all up for a binge viewing. I binged the first two years it was amazing. The cast is stellar. Collapse
  4. Jun 24, 2013
    The third season has gone back to what made the first season so great: suspense. This new season feels fresh and each episode leaves you wanting more. A must watch for all fans of crime thrillers.
  5. Jul 7, 2013
    Brilliant as last 2 seasons not only the atmospherics and cultures of Seattle and Vashon (which are right on the money), but the effects of violence on everyone it touches. Linden and Holder are as compelling as Holmes and Watson.
  6. Jun 24, 2014
    The best season for sure. It has a more interesting premise since it deals with a serial killer. Secondary characters are way better and more interesting. Sub [plots are better too and it was great.
  7. Jul 19, 2013
    his season is the best one and its up there with the wire.
    the first 2 were a different show, an adaptation that went into all aspects of a community, but used red herrings as a device to do this.
    this season is like the wire with street kids.
    its in that tradition.
  8. Jul 11, 2013
    I think this show is excellent, one of the best shows on television! The characters and story line hook you in right away. In season 1 and 2 there were complaints that the killer was not revealed, I find this a strength of the show. I like the development of the characters and the twists and turns of this series... it is worth investing your time.

1. Reviewed by: Ed Bark
    Jun 3, 2013
    That initial heat from Season 1 has been lowered to room temperature. Kinnaman continues to give The Killing a pulse. But he can’t do it alone, and at this point merits a new, more vital vehicle in which he can really gun his engines.
  2. Reviewed by: Sara Smith
    Jun 3, 2013
    A year after the Rosie Larsen case ended, this new chapter is compelling enough to earn some fan forgiveness.
  3. Reviewed by: Chris Cabin
    Jun 3, 2013
    It's effective, finely realized genre work from a notoriously dark and idiosyncratic director and it speaks directly to the show's reenergized interest in exuding its own distinct personality.