• Network: CBS
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
8.5

1. Debbies.
    Sep 30, 2008
    I want to like it, because I really like Simon Baker. But I do not think it is exciting enough. I do not care for who the show has as the murderer(s). So far the murders really do not make since.
  2. MaggieK.
    Sep 24, 2008
    Interesting premise and engaging characters but the experience was ruined for me with the off-color sexual content and unusually bad language. This was unnecessary and detracted from a series that I had initially thought would be something to make an hour in front of the TV on a Tuesday night worthwhile. Since I felt uncomfortable with this throughout the hour and certainly would not have Interesting premise and engaging characters but the experience was ruined for me with the off-color sexual content and unusually bad language. This was unnecessary and detracted from a series that I had initially thought would be something to make an hour in front of the TV on a Tuesday night worthwhile. Since I felt uncomfortable with this throughout the hour and certainly would not have wanted my daughter to be in the room while this was on, I will not be tuning in for future episodes. Expand
  3. SunilM
    Sep 29, 2008
    disappointing execution on a great promise - instead or ripping off Psych and House the scriptwriters should take a leaf out of Darren Brown's "tricks of the mind".
  4. J_B
    Nov 5, 2011
    The acting, aside from Simon Baker who I love, isn't very good at all. Robin Tunney has the emotion of a brick, but I blame that mostly on the bad writing/I really want to like this show, because of Simon Baker, but there's so many other, better shows out there.
  5. AdamA.
    Sep 23, 2008
    Not horrible, but unexciting. I didn't dread the episode, but I didn't see any reason to tune in to the next one. It's all been done before. Kind of a Psych meets Law and Order, but without charm.
  6. SamM.
    Apr 13, 2009
    Great cast and and a very good pilot episode, but the programmes inability to stick with the 'good' main plot truly lets itself down. bad writing on a couple of episodes. still very watchable non the less.
  7. Jan 19, 2013
    Its ok, but the big things that really bother me would be Robin Tunney's God awful acting and the fact that is really isn't that exciting and not a lot happens.
  8. Mar 21, 2013
    I enjoy the show, but it's truly time to end the Red John part of it. We're invested enough in the characters now that it's OK if the resolve it; I'll keep watching anyway. It was really disappointing when they had Jane shoot Red John only to have it be a case of mistaken identity. That had a Dallas-like feel to it (remember the whole season of Dallas that ended up being a dream?).I enjoy the show, but it's truly time to end the Red John part of it. We're invested enough in the characters now that it's OK if the resolve it; I'll keep watching anyway. It was really disappointing when they had Jane shoot Red John only to have it be a case of mistaken identity. That had a Dallas-like feel to it (remember the whole season of Dallas that ended up being a dream?). It's time to end the Red John drama and move in a new direction. Expand
  9. Aug 7, 2013
    Having Patrick Jane as one of the only characters well developed in the cast hit the series badly, the whole cast suffers from having no backbone or inner workings as they serve only to oppose Patrick at some point to bounce off how important a character he is. The other main actors have done well themselves however this does not help their roles as they seem to begin anew every episodeHaving Patrick Jane as one of the only characters well developed in the cast hit the series badly, the whole cast suffers from having no backbone or inner workings as they serve only to oppose Patrick at some point to bounce off how important a character he is. The other main actors have done well themselves however this does not help their roles as they seem to begin anew every episode with Lisbon and the gang always forgetting that Patrick knows what to do in most situations which only then are proved time and time again that they cannot best his integrity and if they ever disagree are soon proved wrong, a simple formula for a one time use but this happens every episode. You'll have someone die or shown dead at the start of the episode which is fine for a crime drama series but then falls when the audio for the start plays that doesn't fit at all play wrenching you from whatever you were connected to in the show resulting in whomever watching to be less inclined to take the show seriously and treat it as a much lighter toned drama that assumes most of the characters are joking half the time but aren't. With characters adding nothing to the overall show, music that does not fit and a plot that is somewhat predictable and drawn out the only part I found welcoming was the character Patrick and his resolve to tackling each crime and his task for revenge. Expand

1. The tricks he performs are overshadowed by the glee with which Baker performs them. Like any good grifter, he gets a genuine thrill out of entertaining, manipulating, or confusing people.
  2. This role is tailor-made for Baker, who has a flair for playing irreverent characters who are crucial to the success of the system even as they tweak its authority figures.
    Because as much as Baker's suavely sly version of a gotcha artist is a welcome addition, thanks to a few not-so-hidden laws of character-actor placement, you'll guess the pilot scenario's killer before anybody else.