• Network: CBS
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 3, 2013
  • Season #: 1 , 2
4.3

1. Oct 14, 2013
    I have never seen the quality of a series deteriorate so quickly from episode one to episode two.

I am amazed at the magnitude of the wrong turn that the writers have taken with this show. There was so much possibility, so many paths that could have been taken. But the path chosen was among the worst. I ponder what CBS will use to fill this time slot in February? *More* reruns

But the path chosen was among the worst.

I ponder what CBS will use to fill this time slot in February? *More* reruns of TBBT? Is CBS determined to run that series into the ground?

Time will tell.
  2. Oct 4, 2013
    is the season for bad sitcoms. Seriously, first the dreadful Goldbergs, now we have the Millers. Picture something loosely along the lines of "Everybody Loves Raymond", but without the comedy. The script is just awful. If you're dealing with a dysfunctional family (like most sitcoms), the humor should be wrapped around a believable plot, and not something that would not possibly happen inis the season for bad sitcoms. Seriously, first the dreadful Goldbergs, now we have the Millers. Picture something loosely along the lines of "Everybody Loves Raymond", but without the comedy. The script is just awful. If you're dealing with a dysfunctional family (like most sitcoms), the humor should be wrapped around a believable plot, and not something that would not possibly happen in the real world. Most of the comedy is drawn out, using the same idea and drilling it into your skull. Well, when all goes bad, you can always rely on a fart joke, oh yes, there's that. Another talented cast wasted on lousy writing. Well, one thing this show has going for it....The GoldBergs, which makes The Millers look good Collapse
  3. Oct 4, 2013
    The strength of Greg Garcia's other sitcoms is the great characters but the Millers family are a total fail. I've heard of actors refusing to perform better scripts than this. The Goldbergs and Mom are awful but this is the worst sitcom of the season.
  4. Oct 4, 2013
    The Millers joins the race of stupid sitcoms. Other contenders are the Goldbergs, Dads and We Are Men. Absolutely horrible. I know people say you can't judge a show on the basis of one episode only, but sitcoms only need one episode to make you like them. The Millers lost its chance, I'm not watching it again.
  5. Oct 19, 2013
    Unwatchable, who did the casting here? Margo Martindale and Will Arnett zero chemistry. Margo Martindale and Beau Bridges he's still too cute at his age, no one gets why he would have married that frump in real life or TV life. I can't stand that actress and have nevero liked or laughed at anything she's said or done at any rate. Get rid of Margo Martindale, bring Will Arnett forward inUnwatchable, who did the casting here? Margo Martindale and Will Arnett zero chemistry. Margo Martindale and Beau Bridges he's still too cute at his age, no one gets why he would have married that frump in real life or TV life. I can't stand that actress and have nevero liked or laughed at anything she's said or done at any rate. Get rid of Margo Martindale, bring Will Arnett forward in character, without her loud mouthed presence drowning his trademark charming sarcastic mojo. The Stepford cutie trying to be his obsequious comical sister and her frighteningly non-descript husband are just drying wallpaper (do they have kids, I can't even remember) and ALSO, they have no chemistry with the rest of this sinking crew. Will Arnett is too strong as a subtle comedian, and therefore the ill-suited casting around him doesn't support it. How could anyone believe these people are related, they look like a mish mash of people that went to a housewarming from different regions of a city and were told 'try to act in this clunker comedy as a family, just MAKE IT WORK please'. Put Will in something better, he's a superstar. I'd watch the satire comedy 'Go to Prison' starring Will 500 times in a row over 10 minutes of this drek. Get Beau something better too, he's still too handsome and strong to be relegated to tired old man roles. Give him a break. Expand
  6. Nov 5, 2013
    I like the concept of the parents being separated and living with each child. The first episode was good.
    But, they make all the other characters as if they are dumb and useless. You can tell who are the main actors. The mother Margo Martindale the son Will Arnett and the father Beau Bridges.
    But, the content of the show seems so demeaning. I still laugh at some of the jokes. But, its a bad use of good actors in my opinion.
  7. Nov 9, 2013
    This show is not that bad, it is just nothing special. After watching the first episode I was entertained, just did not feel drawn to watching the next episode.
  8. Jan 18, 2014
    Love the cast--hate the show. The laugh track sounds unnatural and is distracting. The ensemble cast is great, but the show is unfunny and unwatchable.
  9. Oct 26, 2013
    Oh. My. God. Cancel this show now! This is a disgrace to Television history.. what on earth were CBS directors thinking giving this a green lit..... awful just awful
  10. Nov 11, 2013
    This show is absolutely terrible. I couldn't even manage to get through 1 entire episode. The theme is kind of creepy (Mom moving in with her grown son due to a bad breakup with dad). The show kind of made me nervous because it is so unpleasant. Please get this crap off the air as soon as possible!

1. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Oct 11, 2013
    Everyone works so hard--including Arnett, even if he never lets you see him sweat--that this comes very close to succeeding. [21 Oct 2013, p.48]
  2. Reviewed by: Lily Moayeri
    Oct 4, 2013
    [The actors'] experience and timing makes the writing work better than it is written, but they are working overtime to get that to happen.
  3. Reviewed by: Tim Goodman
    Oct 3, 2013
    As much as I don't like it, I pretty much love the whole cast.