• Network: FOX
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 25, 2012
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3
7.2

1. Dec 5, 2012
    If you love Kaling, you'll definitely love this show. The writing and the cast on this show is above par and provides the viewer with a nice, giggly feeling after watching an episode. If you love shows like New Girl and Happy Endings, this is the show for you.
  2. Apr 3, 2013
    I expected higher ratings for this show. It is fresh and forward thinking and has me laughing through each episode. I think it's great! A lot of the shows on television at this time cannot even compare to how great this show is.
  3. Apr 19, 2013
    I think the Mindy Project is the best comedy (or maybe equal to Parks & Rec) on primetime. She is a politically incorrect, self-centered mess but ends up being such as a sympathetic character anyway. There is a great cast of characters. I'd never choose to be a patient at their OBGYN office myself b/c they are all weirdos, but it makes for a great show.
  4. May 3, 2013
    Great show! From the first time I watched it, Mindy kind of reminds me of me. I love this show. Can't wait till Season 2. Hope it has more seasons and goes on to become a great hit.
  5. May 17, 2013
    I love this show. I'm a huge office fan so I loved Mindy on that of course, however seeing the previews I thought this show was going to be lame and not very funny. I thought it would be a stretch to have Kelly Kapoor have a whole show around her. So I didn't watch it at all until about two weeks ago when I was procrastinating my studying for finals. Starting watching it, and I couldn't stop. Hilarious humor, clever wit, and great writing of course. I'm not a television expert so I don't know how to critic how well characters have been developed, but everyone has a plausible story line and with this show's humor that's enough for me. I was drawn in by the first episode but I know some of my friends, it took them a little while. My recommendation: watch it, stick with it, enjoy. It's funny, end of story. Expand
  6. Jun 28, 2013
    The Mindy Project is just so fresh, witty, and hilarious that you just couldn't stop watching the show over and over again. Idk why some people don't like it--maybe they just have no taste for comedy series or that they have all got slapped on the face by the bittersweet social reality that the show depicts (and they are active participants in the bitter side of this reality). In addition, I don't give a damn if the show is all about Mindy (just so you know, the show's entitled "The Mindy Project" so of course it would be most probably all about Mindy); I mean, the show is still far more hilarious than a lot of other cliched comedy series that try too hard to make an adequate story line that revolves on a lot of characters. The show's definitely one of the best comedy series of the generation, and I swear, it deserves a lot more attention than many other trashy mainstream series that people seem to dumbly adore.

BTW at the first one or two episodes, you might probably get quite bored with the show, but please just stick with it even just for at least five episodes and you'd surely want to watch the entire series then!
  7. Jul 11, 2013
    Ignored the show at first as my wife watched it on Hula. Halfway through season I found myself unavoidably laughing during the shows. I started watching the rest of the season and was loving it. Later I watched the early shows, I ignored initially, and found them dull. I would advise anyone to skip the first 7-10 episodes and jump into the show there. Love the show!!!
    BTW I am buzz
    reviewing so $issoff Expand
  8. Oct 17, 2013
    Having given up on the show last season, I watched last night and had at least three LOL moments. The new characters (Tamyra and Peter) provide some good comedic moments. The writing was much better as well. I'd have to recommend giving it another try.
  9. Jan 23, 2014
    This is a funny show, though it comes off as cutesy-poo and girly, the jokes are universal and relatable to both genders. With Mindy Kaling, you can't go wrong. She presents situations that most of today's 20-somethings to 40-sometings have experienced. Whether you laughed about those situations or you cried about them, Mindy's comical twists will make you howl and slap your knees. God, this review sounds weird. Seriously, I love this show. The humor runs the gamut from quirky, stupid, and smart. The only downside is, yes, you have to suspend your disbelief about the whole gynecologist thing. There aren't too many attempts to make it believable that any of these characters are delivering babies, performing c-setions, or treating bacterial vaginosis. Also, the guest stars and cameos are awesome. Watch this show. Expand

1. Reviewed by: James Poniewozik
    Sep 25, 2012
    In all, it's a polished pilot, but one that will have to ground its characters better to work as a series.
  2. Reviewed by: Matt Roush
    Sep 25, 2012
    Kaling makes for an unconventional sitcom heroine, to put it mildly.
  3. Reviewed by: Glenn Garvin
    Sep 25, 2012
    Think Gray's Anatomy with unpretty people; then think of something else to watch.