The Mindy Project : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Sep 25, 2012
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4
7.3

1. Sep 28, 2012
    Mindy pretty much picks up where her superficial character in the office leaves off. If you were listening to the show on the radio you would think the main character was some air-headed blonde. The show is well written and well executed. The only thing missing is a likable lead character. You almost can't help rooting against this shallow human being.
  2. May 17, 2013
    I love this show. I'm a huge office fan so I loved Mindy on that of course, however seeing the previews I thought this show was going to be lame and not very funny. I thought it would be a stretch to have Kelly Kapoor have a whole show around her. So I didn't watch it at all until about two weeks ago when I was procrastinating my studying for finals. Starting watching it, and I couldn'tI love this show. I'm a huge office fan so I loved Mindy on that of course, however seeing the previews I thought this show was going to be lame and not very funny. I thought it would be a stretch to have Kelly Kapoor have a whole show around her. So I didn't watch it at all until about two weeks ago when I was procrastinating my studying for finals. Starting watching it, and I couldn't stop. Hilarious humor, clever wit, and great writing of course. I'm not a television expert so I don't know how to critic how well characters have been developed, but everyone has a plausible story line and with this show's humor that's enough for me. I was drawn in by the first episode but I know some of my friends, it took them a little while. My recommendation: watch it, stick with it, enjoy. It's funny, end of story. Expand
  3. Oct 17, 2013
    Having given up on the show last season, I watched last night and had at least three LOL moments. The new characters (Tamyra and Peter) provide some good comedic moments. The writing was much better as well. I'd have to recommend giving it another try.
  4. Sep 27, 2012
    I'm surprised at the lackluster user reviews! I was really entertained by this show - the dialogue was fast and clever, the characters were complex, and the plot was believable. I really enjoyed all the honest, embarrassing moments. Plus, the show was able to keep an upbeat tone regardless of the funny but unfortunate events. Can't ask for more from a comedy. I'll keep watching.
  5. Dec 5, 2012
    If you love Kaling, you'll definitely love this show. The writing and the cast on this show is above par and provides the viewer with a nice, giggly feeling after watching an episode. If you love shows like New Girl and Happy Endings, this is the show for you.
  6. Nov 24, 2012
    My sister urged me to watch this show and I completely gave up on it after watching the first two episodes. I found Mindy's character to be pretty repellent and the show seemed to have no real focus outside of her. Well, I watched the latest ones when I went home for Thanksgiving and it's surprising how quick a show can grow on you. They've really rounded out the cast and branched out theMy sister urged me to watch this show and I completely gave up on it after watching the first two episodes. I found Mindy's character to be pretty repellent and the show seemed to have no real focus outside of her. Well, I watched the latest ones when I went home for Thanksgiving and it's surprising how quick a show can grow on you. They've really rounded out the cast and branched out the storylines. I'm still not sure I like the titular character, but she has a few good burns. The ex-con nurse who's a cross between Dwight Schrute and Tracy Jordan, the British doctor with an abundance of suave and dry wit and several other supporting characters got me laughing multiple times an episode. Mindy is a protege of NBC comedy and like Parks and Rec, 30 Rock and The Office, it looks like it'll take a few episodes for her show to find its grounding. It's well on its way though, and I urge even people who've given it up earlier to take another look. Expand
  7. Dec 30, 2013
    Not perfect but it succeeds in being super uplifting and endearing, just like its theme song. In the end you just gotta love the energy and positivity of this show!
  8. Oct 21, 2013
    I loved loved loved the first season if this show. It always made me smile and laugh. I watched the entire first season within a week, I couldn't stop watching. Mindy definitely makes me smile.
  9. Apr 3, 2013
    I expected higher ratings for this show. It is fresh and forward thinking and has me laughing through each episode. I think it's great! A lot of the shows on television at this time cannot even compare to how great this show is.
  10. Apr 19, 2013
    I think the Mindy Project is the best comedy (or maybe equal to Parks & Rec) on primetime. She is a politically incorrect, self-centered mess but ends up being such as a sympathetic character anyway. There is a great cast of characters. I'd never choose to be a patient at their OBGYN office myself b/c they are all weirdos, but it makes for a great show.
  11. Apr 20, 2013
    Another show I avoided and I binged watched it yesterday Its witty and funny, really nice show The show is feels fresh and Mindy has grown on me
  12. May 3, 2013
    Great show! From the first time I watched it, Mindy kind of reminds me of me. I love this show. Can't wait till Season 2. Hope it has more seasons and goes on to become a great hit.
  13. Jun 28, 2013
    The Mindy Project is just so fresh, witty, and hilarious that you just couldn't stop watching the show over and over again. Idk why some people don't like it--maybe they just have no taste for comedy series or that they have all got slapped on the face by the bittersweet social reality that the show depicts (and they are active participants in the bitter side of this reality). In addition,The Mindy Project is just so fresh, witty, and hilarious that you just couldn't stop watching the show over and over again. Idk why some people don't like it--maybe they just have no taste for comedy series or that they have all got slapped on the face by the bittersweet social reality that the show depicts (and they are active participants in the bitter side of this reality). In addition, I don't give a damn if the show is all about Mindy (just so you know, the show's entitled "The Mindy Project" so of course it would be most probably all about Mindy); I mean, the show is still far more hilarious than a lot of other cliched comedy series that try too hard to make an adequate story line that revolves on a lot of characters. The show's definitely one of the best comedy series of the generation, and I swear, it deserves a lot more attention than many other trashy mainstream series that people seem to dumbly adore.

BTW at the first one or two episodes, you might probably get quite bored with the show, but please just stick with it even just for at least five episodes and you'd surely want to watch the entire series then!
  14. Jul 11, 2013
    Ignored the show at first as my wife watched it on Hula. Halfway through season I found myself unavoidably laughing during the shows. I started watching the rest of the season and was loving it. Later I watched the early shows, I ignored initially, and found them dull. I would advise anyone to skip the first 7-10 episodes and jump into the show there. Love the show!!!
    BTW I am buzz
    BTW I am buzz reviewing so $issoff
  15. Jan 23, 2014
    This is a funny show, though it comes off as cutesy-poo and girly, the jokes are universal and relatable to both genders. With Mindy Kaling, you can't go wrong. She presents situations that most of today's 20-somethings to 40-sometings have experienced. Whether you laughed about those situations or you cried about them, Mindy's comical twists will make you howl and slap your knees. God,This is a funny show, though it comes off as cutesy-poo and girly, the jokes are universal and relatable to both genders. With Mindy Kaling, you can't go wrong. She presents situations that most of today's 20-somethings to 40-sometings have experienced. Whether you laughed about those situations or you cried about them, Mindy's comical twists will make you howl and slap your knees. God, this review sounds weird. Seriously, I love this show. The humor runs the gamut from quirky, stupid, and smart. The only downside is, yes, you have to suspend your disbelief about the whole gynecologist thing. There aren't too many attempts to make it believable that any of these characters are delivering babies, performing c-setions, or treating bacterial vaginosis. Also, the guest stars and cameos are awesome. Watch this show. Expand
  16. Jun 2, 2015
    3/5★ Trained on The Office, with the likes of Tina Feys 30 Rock as inspiration, Mindy Kalings Project is a sitcom about a woman navigating her personal and professional life, surrounded by a cast of quirky characters. While not terribly original, the writing stands out, with jokes, cultural references and satire making for a genuinely funny show. The great cameos are an added bonus.3/5★ Trained on The Office, with the likes of Tina Feys 30 Rock as inspiration, Mindy Kalings Project is a sitcom about a woman navigating her personal and professional life, surrounded by a cast of quirky characters. While not terribly original, the writing stands out, with jokes, cultural references and satire making for a genuinely funny show. The great cameos are an added bonus.
    Mindy's character is a little off-putting: Obsessed with celebrities and pop culture, she is also rude and insensitive. She does, however, have a knack for saying quotable things.
    Verdict: It's funny and watchable.
  17. Sep 28, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I love this show. I'm a huge office fan so I loved Mindy on that of course, however seeing the previews I thought this show was going to be lame and not very funny. I thought it would be a stretch to have Kelly Kapoor have a whole show around her. So I didn't watch it at all until about two weeks ago when I was procrastinating my studying for finals. Starting watching it, and I couldn't stop. Hilarious humor, clever wit, and great writing of course. I'm not a television expert so I don't know how to critic how well characters have been developed, but everyone has a plausible story line and with this show's humor that's enough for me. I was drawn in by the first episode but I know some of my friends, it took them a little while. My recommendation: watch it, stick with it, enjoy. It's funny, end of story. Expand
  18. Nov 11, 2015
    Mindy Kaling is just amazing! I love her character, her acting, and the writing for this show. I was so happy that Hulu picked up the show for hopefully many more seasons! A must see!

1. Reviewed by: James Poniewozik
    Sep 25, 2012
    In all, it's a polished pilot, but one that will have to ground its characters better to work as a series.
  2. Reviewed by: Matt Roush
    Sep 25, 2012
    Kaling makes for an unconventional sitcom heroine, to put it mildly.
  3. Reviewed by: Glenn Garvin
    Sep 25, 2012
    Think Gray's Anatomy with unpretty people; then think of something else to watch.