• Network: FOX
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3
7.2

1. JBM
    Oct 9, 2012
    Before this show aired, the critics told us it will be the best show of the season. Not even close. It flops on many levels. It fails to give us a central sense of place or a rounded out ensamble. It was all about mindy and how sad and desperate she is. To be a success, a show has to have more than one central character that you want to come back and get to know more. This show did none of that. I disliked the men in her life and the girls around Mindy were all nodescript models. The two walk on celebrities are clearly not going to be around to keep this show afloat. Above all, it was hard to like the character of Mindy. I am going to have to force myself to watch more episodes in hopes they reboot it. But the worst sin this show committed was that it simply was not funny. Expand
  2. Sep 26, 2012
    What a nightmare. I have to admit first up that Mindy Kaling is my least favourite character from The Office, so it was always going to be a struggle enjoying this show. That being said, it's positively awful....cheesy tripe that will probably appeal to a demographic far, far removed from my own.
  3. Sep 3, 2013
    terrible. I tried really hard to watch this show, and I wanted to like it. there is literally nothing to like. not a single thing. Not one single redeeming aspect at all.
  4. Sep 20, 2013
    This show is not for me. The comedy is terrible and relies on easy laughs. But maybe it'll be like NEW GIRL and elevate to awesome-status in their second season that is if Mindy can get over herself. Take a clue from New Girl, make Mindy less involved with the show, it'll do wonders for your ratings.

1. Reviewed by: James Poniewozik
    Sep 25, 2012
    In all, it's a polished pilot, but one that will have to ground its characters better to work as a series.
  2. Reviewed by: Matt Roush
    Sep 25, 2012
    Kaling makes for an unconventional sitcom heroine, to put it mildly.
  3. Reviewed by: Glenn Garvin
    Sep 25, 2012
    Think Gray's Anatomy with unpretty people; then think of something else to watch.