• Network: NBC
  • Series Premiere Date: Mar 24, 2005
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
7.2

1. Nov 20, 2012
    After having a disappointing 8th season, the show finally shows us that they can be funny without Carrel. The show also knows how to have its final season. The performances of Helms, Tate, and Kemper, that were disappointing last season (especially Helms) are know the three funniest characters on the show. I think it was a good move having series creator Greg Daniels be showrunner thisAfter having a disappointing 8th season, the show finally shows us that they can be funny without Carrel. The show also knows how to have its final season. The performances of Helms, Tate, and Kemper, that were disappointing last season (especially Helms) are know the three funniest characters on the show. I think it was a good move having series creator Greg Daniels be showrunner this season bringing the show back to its roots. Expand
  2. Nov 1, 2016
    It was a very satisfying ending to one of my favorite series. They really pulled out all the stops to make me laugh hard, and the way they resolved many story lines brought tears of happiness to my eyes several times.when it was over I had a warm, content feeling.
  3. Dec 26, 2012
    Despite the fact that Steve Carell is gone, Greg Daniels and the other writers have been able to make this a a season worth watching. It is turning out to be a pretty good season and seems to be good at closing many of the story lines and allow the characters to begin a new chapter of their lives. Hopefully Carell make an appearance sometime during this season as the finale would not beDespite the fact that Steve Carell is gone, Greg Daniels and the other writers have been able to make this a a season worth watching. It is turning out to be a pretty good season and seems to be good at closing many of the story lines and allow the characters to begin a new chapter of their lives. Hopefully Carell make an appearance sometime during this season as the finale would not be the same without him. Collapse
  4. Sep 21, 2013
    Season 9 comes after the weakest season of The Office and it is a big improvement. The new characters are given room to improve, especially Nellie, whose character and character arc in the 8th season was annoying and preposterous, respectively, becomes much more sympathetic. The cast remains strong, and the Finale is one of the best episode this fine series has given us. The onlySeason 9 comes after the weakest season of The Office and it is a big improvement. The new characters are given room to improve, especially Nellie, whose character and character arc in the 8th season was annoying and preposterous, respectively, becomes much more sympathetic. The cast remains strong, and the Finale is one of the best episode this fine series has given us. The only consistent weakness of the final season is Andy Bernard. The writers didn't know what to do with him this season and his scenes were mostly cringe-worthy and he was annoying entirely without being endearing. 7.7/10 Expand
  5. Jan 23, 2014
    Bitter sweat. Truly. The Office was always just there. Now that it's done, it's a strange, mixed feeling. Even if the last season and a half was over-optimistically unfunny, the Michael Scott glory days sustain and that final episode brought joy to my heart, but still could've used a M.S. words of wisdom speech in his office one last time.
  6. Dec 18, 2012
    The show has drastically improved since the dreadful meanderings of season 8. This is what the show should have been like after Carell left: funny, caring, but ultimately grounded in reality.
  7. Jul 20, 2014
    Even though the show was beginning to feel stale in the last few seasons, the writers managed to make things feel fresh again in this final season. These episodes made me laugh at this show harder than I had in a long time and there's an overall sweet tone as it nears it's conclusion. The only thing out of place are the Andy plot-lines. They really took a previously enjoyable character andEven though the show was beginning to feel stale in the last few seasons, the writers managed to make things feel fresh again in this final season. These episodes made me laugh at this show harder than I had in a long time and there's an overall sweet tone as it nears it's conclusion. The only thing out of place are the Andy plot-lines. They really took a previously enjoyable character and drug him through the mud.

In the previous seasons hew was a goofy but charming character who always tried to do right by managing the company. In this season they portrayed him as a complete jerk and a moron who almost destroyed the company. It's bizarrely out of character.

Still even with it's stumbles this is one of the best seasons of "The Office." They really ended the series on both a high and sweet note. It'll make you laugh and maybe even cry. Even if you found the last few season before this one to be lacking I believe you'll notice the return to form. My total score for the 9th season is a 9.1/10=Amazing.
  8. Aug 19, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. While this season did what it was done to do I noticed that something happened. What ever happened to the character development. The writing was witty and sharp but I still could not get used to Steve Carrell being gone. But the visual direction and the moods I were able to feel but sometimes some of the shots took me out of the mood. The creativity is overall cool but I will have to say it did make me want to say farewell to Dunder-Mifflin. Expand
  9. Jan 15, 2017
    ’The Office’ ends in a happy and well deserved way. The show ended just where it needed to -- because once it lost Michael, it never got the same amount of humor as once it once did. Season 9 might lack more embarrassment than humor for sure, but wow -- such a great season finale! It’s one last ride with the characters of Dunder Mifflin. It’s been a such good time with legendary’The Office’ ends in a happy and well deserved way. The show ended just where it needed to -- because once it lost Michael, it never got the same amount of humor as once it once did. Season 9 might lack more embarrassment than humor for sure, but wow -- such a great season finale! It’s one last ride with the characters of Dunder Mifflin. It’s been a such good time with legendary individuals like Dwight, Michael, Jim & Pam. Sure the show ain't flawless. Some greater storytelling needs to exist at multiple places; but it’s still a stunning comedy show! One of my favorite comedies to date.

Average personal episode rating: 77.3/100 (+ 3.13 since S08).

Personal rating: 80/100
    Critical rating: 75/100

1. Reviewed by: Matt Roush
    Sep 20, 2012
    There is exactly one interesting storyline.
  2. Reviewed by: Rob Owen
    Sep 20, 2012
    most importantly, The Office is generally funnier than it was last season.
  3. Reviewed by: Gail Pennington
    Sep 20, 2012
    One episode does not a season make. But the Season 9 premiere, "New Guys," is as uneven as most episodes have been for the last few years.