• Network: NBC
  • Series Premiere Date: Apr 14, 2011
3.5

1. Apr 15, 2011
    The Paul Reiser Show is a complete and utter piece of crap. NBC should bring back the far superior Perfect Couples or maybe even Kath and Kim. Or better yet they should bring back both and get rid of Outsourced too. But whatever they do, they need to get rid of the crap that is The Paul Reiser Show.
  2. May 7, 2011
    I watched the first episode of this show despite my roommate giving it a scathing review and I thought: "It really wasn't that bad". Then I watched episode 2. Paul Reiser is a reasonably funny guy and I found some of the things he was saying to be somewhat clever but the way the friends were turned into such caricatures, when the show is so based in "real" situations that there's actuallyI watched the first episode of this show despite my roommate giving it a scathing review and I thought: "It really wasn't that bad". Then I watched episode 2. Paul Reiser is a reasonably funny guy and I found some of the things he was saying to be somewhat clever but the way the friends were turned into such caricatures, when the show is so based in "real" situations that there's actually an opening monologue, made it virtually impossible to watch. On the strength of its pilot, I still gave it a 3/10 Collapse
  3. May 2, 2011
    Everything about this was awful. I don't think I even smiled at any point while watching the pilot, let alone actually laughing. Not really sure what NBC was thinking airing this or ordering the pilot to series.
  4. May 19, 2011
    This show seemed to have potential in the pilot. After seeing the second episode I bailed entirely. A watered down version of Curb. Lazy writing and unoriginal plot conflicts like picking up the wrong kid from school. Perfect Couples was endlessly better.

1. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Apr 14, 2011
    Reiser, a precise, nimble comic, doesn't have the gut-level energy to bully life into this contraption. It's stalled. [25 Apr 2011, p.46]
  2. Reviewed by: James Poniewozik
    Apr 14, 2011
    The episodes sent to critics relied on so many middle-aged-buddies tropes (the competitiveness, the family obligations, the sudden drop-ins) that watching was just a chore.
  3. Reviewed by: Amy Amatangelo
    Apr 14, 2011
    The Paul Reiser Show is stale and dated.