The Red Road : Season 1

Season #: 1, 2
8.6

1. Apr 11, 2014
    Certain characters are extremely annoying at times (not hard to figure which I'm speaking of).. but it has an interesting plot with some stellar acting as well.. will continue watching to see how it develops.
  2. Mar 2, 2014
    After one episode, it's clear that things are off to a good start, though the pattern has been firmly established these days with Top of the Lake and Rectify. Dead body, local population upset, protagonist struggling with a troubled loved one. In this case, Jason Momoa seems like an exceptionally well-cast lead. I'm a little concerned that the cop-lead isn't going to be able to hold hisAfter one episode, it's clear that things are off to a good start, though the pattern has been firmly established these days with Top of the Lake and Rectify. Dead body, local population upset, protagonist struggling with a troubled loved one. In this case, Jason Momoa seems like an exceptionally well-cast lead. I'm a little concerned that the cop-lead isn't going to be able to hold his own from a dramatic acting level. We'll see! Expand
  3. May 9, 2014
    It's been a pretty solid show so far. Well acted with the cast lead by Jason Momoa, easily the star of the show, and Martin Henderson, Both leads hold their weight and definitely help carry the show and make it worth checking out. The plot is ok but the sub-plots seem a bit under developed and often disappear through the short, 6 episode season.

As a whole, The Red Road is pretty solid

As a whole, The Red Road is pretty solid and it's definitely worth checking out, Especially because it's only 6 episodes in the first season. Can't wait to see season 2.
  4. Apr 6, 2014
    It's truly a world within a world of utter emotion ... Really grabs you, pulls at the inner workings, dynamics of the soul & the world in which we live. Complex relationships (enlightening & provoking)Superb Cast,Great Chemistry between Characters. The Red Road is nothing but straight... It's filled with plot twist & turns...Hills & Valley's & occasionally arrives at the crossroads...It's truly a world within a world of utter emotion ... Really grabs you, pulls at the inner workings, dynamics of the soul & the world in which we live. Complex relationships (enlightening & provoking)Superb Cast,Great Chemistry between Characters. The Red Road is nothing but straight... It's filled with plot twist & turns...Hills & Valley's & occasionally arrives at the crossroads... That place deep within us that we all question at some point along our journey... "Which way is the way Home??" The path to a better me? A happier place? Follow The Red Road... It's surely to make a difference! Expand
  5. May 16, 2015
    This is a great show, it gets more exciting with each episode, cant wait for season 3, just wish it wasnt on Sundance but one of the national channels. Hope they dont kill of Marie, she is great, if so I may have to quit watching. It is a FANTASTIC show and hope more people gets to see it.

1. Reviewed by: Jeff Korbelik
    Mar 27, 2014
    It’s the kind of show that sits with you long after it’s over.
  2. Reviewed by: Sarah Rodman
    Feb 27, 2014
    The Red Road, created by Aaron Guzikowski and produced by Sarah Condon, will likely be a little too downbeat and leisurely for some viewers. But based on the first few episodes, it may be a path worth traveling down.
  3. Reviewed by: Tim Molloy
    Feb 27, 2014
    The exceptionally well-cast The Red Road starts well, but slips in the second episode.