• Network: ABC
  • Season #: 1
6.1

1. sYs
    Mar 2, 2012
    Awesome TV-series. Mix of horror/drama/adventure. Looking forward to more. Feels like early "lost" hope it will not turn to bad as "Lost" did after season two.
  2. kap
    Mar 7, 2012
    I absolutely am hooked by this show. Has a fair amount of tense moments as well as an addictive plot line. It has become my Tuesday night routine and will miss it after the season is over.
  3. Feb 10, 2012
    NEW LOST???:
    Not what I see so far but it has the mistory and has a more supernatual element like lost but not the script and th charactors that lost had.
  4. Feb 9, 2012
    What is up with all the bad ratings this show is good. Its better than 99 percent of everything that is currently on the air. The acting is good but could get better but the story is interesting and has nothing to do with LOST, its a completely different story. Think Indian burial ground, magic, ghosts, etc. People need to give this show a chance.
  5. Feb 9, 2012
    This show has a lot of potential, the premise is good, it just needs some time. The more and more I watched the more and more interesting it became. I do not get the critisism this is a good show, I hope it stays steady in the ratings next week, I hope people give it a chance because it is something fresh. I am tired of the same old cop shows, tired concepts, etc. This just might work.
  6. Feb 9, 2012
    I think it has alot of potencial, and i liked the first two episodes, and if you enjoy mistery/thriller with a bit of horror and shaking camera you will love this for sure.

7. Mar 8, 2012
    This is my favorite show on T.V. right now if there is not a second season I will be upset! This show should stay on for the reiwers that love it and want to see more!
  8. Feb 9, 2012
    How is it even legal to give this show a negative review? This show is exciting, bone-chilling, terrifying, and scary as hell. The acting can use alot of work but everything else is perfect. The Story is adventurous and genius. The camerawork switching from the regular camera, to handheld, and to the positioned cameras on the ship and in the woods are horrifying, and they will most assuredly have you biting your nails while your on the edge of your seat. This show is one of a kind. There are countless terrifying moments in the series premiere, better than any horror movie released in a long time. Amazing, terrifying and a one of a kind, hell of a show. I give the premiere a 9.5/10 only because the acting definitely needs some work, the actors get a bit corny but its not terrible. You MUST watch this show. Pure genius. Expand
  9. Feb 11, 2012
    Was actually impressed with The River. I went into it expecting it to be the same 'ol. But I was pleasantly surprised. I can't wait to see how it turns out.
  10. Feb 12, 2012
    I thought the show was pretty good. I didn't get so see lost so I figured this would be pretty similar. Hopefully ABC gives it at least 2 to 3 seasons.
  11. Feb 27, 2012
    I have no idea how this show will progress. And I mean that in a good way its shocking twisting and has Steven Spielberg producing. Scariest thing on TV definitely.
  12. Mar 9, 2012
    I absolutely love this show. It is creepy and very entertaining to watch. I would be highly disappointed if they canceled it. It is different than all the other shows out there.
  13. Mar 20, 2012
    Suuuuuuch a great show, gonna miss it and im hoping for its return. Every tuesday i turn off all my lights and sit down for the ride. Filming style and plot were great, acting was good, and the whole idea of spirit in untouched forests is spooky.
  14. Mar 20, 2012
    The River is a great show. It's a nice change of what's being offered on TV, it's a horror and adventure all in one. I hope it sticks around for another season
  15. Mar 20, 2012
    March 20, 2012

Wow we really loved the finale. The River is the perfect show to watch when you want suspense confusion and spooky! If you want reality then maybe you should be watching reality T.V. The River was quite entertaining and we looked forward to it every Tuesday! We look forward to another season way to go ABC

1. Reviewed by: Gail Pennington
    Aug 27, 2012
    There are real scares, and you'll certainly jump in your seat. On the other hand, who knows if such a dense plot will ever be sorted out?
  2. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    Apr 13, 2012
    The performances are good but constrained by the parameters of scary-story acting.
    It's reasonably clever and well acted and has strong atmosphere and a few good scares, and the concept--a found-footage voyage into the Amazon to locate a mysteriously MIA scientist--is catchy. But the format of the show may prove a dealbreaker for me.