5.0

1. Aug 26, 2010
    the word 'pointless' imidiately comes to mind. certainly a daring attempt at postmodern comedy, but this falls well short of clever. awful acting, stereotyped characters and absurd plot developments. the humour is SO low-brow my face hit the floor. in the opening credits, sarah sings "i need to film myself while i pee" or something. i mean, who actually finds that funny? a generous scorethe word 'pointless' imidiately comes to mind. certainly a daring attempt at postmodern comedy, but this falls well short of clever. awful acting, stereotyped characters and absurd plot developments. the humour is SO low-brow my face hit the floor. in the opening credits, sarah sings "i need to film myself while i pee" or something. i mean, who actually finds that funny? a generous score of 1, simply because she's pretty hot, and a stoner :) Collapse

1. Reviewed by: Daniel Fierman
    Where her movie overstayed its welcome, the quick-shot format of TV works beautifully. The result is haphazard, amoral, ridiculous, wildly offensive...and, you know, totally hilarious.
    The Sarah Silverman Program is a welcome outlet for Silverman’s brand of outlandishness, blessedly stingy with its desire to breach mores, and much more concerned with decorating its late-night comedy turf so that it can welcome any kind of unexpected laugh: shock, parody, irony, insult humor or absurdity.
  3. Reviewed by: James Poniewozik
    The pilot... iis actually the least funny of the three episodes I saw; in the other two, "Sarah" and the other characters are much better developed and the stories hang together better. Still, it's an acquired tastelessness.