The Sarah Silverman Program : Season 1

Season #: 1, 2, 3

1. MarkT
    Aug 6, 2009
    This thing is a joke. And by that I mean a very bad one. Shes not a funny person, its poorly written and time wasting. And I cant help but ask myself how much Tim Goodman was paid to write his review of the show.
  2. RobM
    Feb 10, 2007
    I like Sarah Silverman and have enjoyed many of the funny things she has done in the past. Sadly, this show is mind numbing in how awful it really is. After two episodes, I haven't laughed even once. Cancel this show now!
  3. JaimeR
    Feb 1, 2007
    Silverman is that annoying, pedantic little girl in high school who everyone pretends to like out of fear or lack of understanding. This show makes your skin crawl and Silverman is every bit as sticky and schticky as she has been. The only saving graces are Sarah's laid back, less than metro gay neighbors who make you think "I know a guy just like that."
  4. JC
    Feb 2, 2007
    1. She's racist -"Wow, are you god's black friend?", "Oh wow god is black, are you like going to steal the moon or something?" 2. Her jokes are immature and non-funny **One guy farts**, **Another guy farts**, **Sarah Silverman "farts"** "....I pooped my pants" Wow, Comedy Central has really fallen far since Chappelle's show got cancelled, first Mind of Mencia, and now this...
  5. DanK
    Feb 3, 2007
    I just watched the premier episode, "Officer Jay." I'll be blunt: It was awful. The only way I can see someone enjoying this show is if he or she is already a Silverman fanatic. I don't have any particularly strong feelings toward her one way or the other, so I feel like I'm a pretty objective observer. The show was barely watchable. I stuck with it to the end in order to I just watched the premier episode, "Officer Jay." I'll be blunt: It was awful. The only way I can see someone enjoying this show is if he or she is already a Silverman fanatic. I don't have any particularly strong feelings toward her one way or the other, so I feel like I'm a pretty objective observer. The show was barely watchable. I stuck with it to the end in order to give it a proper chance, but it wasn't easy. Interestingly, I actually thought the characters' interactions were somewhat believable, and I find that this is often the biggest hurdle to overcome. It wasn't enough to get past the poor writing, however. My overall impression is that this is a show that thinks it's a lot more interesting than it actually is. I'd be interested in hearing what others thought about it. Expand
  6. VinceH.
    Feb 3, 2007
    Kinda funny...I guess. I expected more from such a funny person though. Despite the talent behind the show (Rob Schrab, Dan Harmon, Silverman herself) and the fact that I really enjoyed "Jesus is Magic", this show just didn't make me laugh...which I was assuming was the point.
  7. AlexW
    Feb 7, 2007
    Absolutely horrendous, the show isn't funny, is grossly inaccurate (e.g. the Robotussin scene in the pilot), and often makes the viewer want to gouge their own eyes out just to stop the pain. Seriously, possibly one of the worst shows I have ever seen in my life.
  8. JasonS
    Mar 7, 2007
    the sooner this show is off the air, the better. make more time for south park
  9. FrankF
    Mar 7, 2007
    Was this supposed to be funny?
  10. StephanG
    Nov 5, 2007
    Sarah Silverman would be considered a ditz to a ditz, she can't come up with anything comical so she has to rely on poor shock humor that doesn't even work for her, i agree with what a lot of people said about the best part of the show being the gay couple, and i don't even like gay people at all.
  11. GeorgeL.
    Nov 5, 2007
    WOW, even my show beats this one, i would even give more credit to Dave Chappelle with the constant white people suck jokes.
  12. SteveR
    Fart jokes are funnier.
  13. JorgeL
    Nov 5, 2007
    I deserve a show on comedy central more than she does, I'm not even funny one bit.
  14. JayB.
    Oct 30, 2007
    Wow, cancel her.
  15. DedoeH
    Feb 19, 2007
    This show is beyond annoying to me. I think Sarah Silverman is funny at times, but this show is just awful! Her high pitched whine and juvenille humor get old fast! I love Brian, but he can't carry this show with his brief appearances. My husband loves it. Just prooves that I married a giant man child.. Oh well.
  16. lucasc
    Feb 21, 2007
    I can't understand how crap like this makes it on TV. I've watched the first 3 - havn't laughed once. Wonder if Jimmy can get me a show?
  17. ThomasB
    Feb 2, 2007
    Colossally unfunny. Silverman has so much potential, but none of it is realized in this turd of a show.
  18. D.Shizzle
    Feb 2, 2007
    "The Holocaust was completely uncalled for", funny stuff.
  19. BillH
    Feb 3, 2007
    I never thought I would call a TV show as puerile, but there it is. The only time I even cracked a smile was when Brian Posehn tried to name three parts of a vagina. Very disappointing
  20. Andrew
    Feb 6, 2007
    An pre-teen version of myself might have found this show to be hilarious, but Ms. Silverman is about a decade too late. Extremely childish. Comedy shows on Nickelodeon are funnier than this, and they were MADE for kids. I think this show has the wrong target audience.
  21. DavidH
    Mar 1, 2007
    Her and her show sucks...Just not funny...tries the sex thing too much!
  22. MattF
    Mar 23, 2007
    Calling this show immature doesn't even begin to describe it. It doesn't even deserve to have anything more said about.
  23. SheSucks!
    Mar 5, 2007
    Sarah's like a puerile, annoying little rinky-dink girl that you wish you could just flush down the toilet, where her simple-minded, asinine proverbial slime humor surfaced. She would be more entertaining if she were off the air, away from the eyes of the world.
  24. KellyA
  25. DunkelA
    Mar 9, 2007
    Tired shock humor and poo jokes- just as expected from the "great and talented" Sarah Silverman.
  26. AndrewC.
    May 26, 2007
    This is one of the worst shows on television. The jokes seem like they're targeting six year olds, but the overall material is too inappropriate. If they reduced the offensive material you might have a show fit for the disney channel.
  27. JonK
    Mar 28, 2008
    The 2 goes to Brian Posehn, whos brilliant, unlike the rest of the cast. I really tried to like this show, but like many of comedy central's shows newer shows I relys to heavily on "shock" comedy, sans the comedy. People who like this show tend to be guys who think Sarah Silverman is just ugly, and crazy enough to get, or single, overweight women who laugh when their friends fart.
  28. ChrisS
    Jul 5, 2009
    One point for being a girl. Not funny. She must be the girl on speed-dial for good head to have her own show; but she probably is no good at that either. She looks like my neighbors Whippet named "Charge."
  29. AndrewG
    Nov 5, 2007
    Nothing can be said except, it blows, never should have been aired.
  30. JimM.
    Nov 7, 2007
    Wow, how can anyone watch this crap??? I feel dumber after just watching the commercials on comedy central.

1. Where her movie overstayed its welcome, the quick-shot format of TV works beautifully. The result is haphazard, amoral, ridiculous, wildly offensive...and, you know, totally hilarious.
    The Sarah Silverman Program is a welcome outlet for Silverman’s brand of outlandishness, blessedly stingy with its desire to breach mores, and much more concerned with decorating its late-night comedy turf so that it can welcome any kind of unexpected laugh: shock, parody, irony, insult humor or absurdity.
  3. Reviewed by: James Poniewozik
    The pilot... iis actually the least funny of the three episodes I saw; in the other two, "Sarah" and the other characters are much better developed and the stories hang together better. Still, it's an acquired tastelessness.