The Simpsons : Season 11

• Network: FOX
  • Series Premiere Date: Dec 17, 1989
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28
7.8

1. Jun 7, 2013
    By the time The Simpsons eleventh season was completed it became clear the writers were beginning to run short of ideas. The intelligent social commentary and satire of pop culture was gradually being replaced by episodes in which the family found themselves involved in increasingly bizarre antics.

Episodes such as E-I-E-I (Annoyed Grunt) and Saddlesore Galactica certainly had their funny moments but lacked that special something the show previously delivered in every single episode. There are still signs of what it is capable of in Beyond Blunderdome, Behind the Laughter and Treehouse of Horrors X (possibly my favourite of all the Halloween specials) but there very few episodes that could be considered amongst the best The Simpsons has offered.

There are no critic reviews yet.