The Simpsons : Season 1

• Network: FOX
  • Series Premiere Date: Dec 17, 1989
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28
8.8

1. Aug 5, 2012
    This show is the pinnacle of TV comedy. It's hilarious. Every episode makes me laugh more than any other show except for Family Guy. But overall this is (in my opinion) the funniest and greatest comedy show. Also, the first ten seasons are the best. But the rest are really good as well.
  2. Sep 10, 2010
    This has to be the best cartoon that I have ever watched. The cartoon itself is suited for all audiences as the more adult jokes within the cartoon have been cleverly disguised so only older audiences will understand them. There is something for everyone in this cartoon. So I strongly recommend you buy season one which is the best season out of them all.
  3. Jan 14, 2011
    All hail Matt Groening for the best TV show EVER to step on the small screen. Homer is definitely my favourite character! So awesome that this may be one of the only TV shows that never gets old.
  4. Dec 25, 2011
    Original Comedy and format that cannot be beat by trashy shows like Family Guy that copied it. Truly a classic to this day after 23 years of making us laugh i still find it amusing.
  5. Aug 17, 2013
    Completely fabulous show its my second favourite show with my first made by the same creator futurama
    but still i seem to watch this much more due to the fact there is always one channel showing this show at one time cause its simply that popular but i still only prefer futurama by a little bit but i have to give this a 10 because it went down wich i would of gave a 8 but the newer episodes are AMAZING the 24th season
    in my opinion has shot the show back up and for that it gets a 10!
  6. Oct 7, 2011
    Wow. This is the best cartoon ever!!! It might have offensive jokes, but they don't cross the line like South Park and Family Guy do. I can actually relate to Bart Simpson a little.
    The later seasons are okay to me, but the first few seasons are FANTASTIC!!!! Funny jokes, as well as intelligence and realism.
    If you haven't watched this show yet but seem interested in it, watch the first
    If you haven't watched this show yet but seem interested in it, watch the first few seasons first, since they're better.
  7. Feb 8, 2012
    What can I say about the Simpsons? Clearly the greatest animated show ever made. Season one was spectacular in it's own right as it introduced most of the main characters. What other show can boast Duffman, Apu, Doctor Nick etc etc. And Captain Wacky, Homer Simpson. My favourite show ever.
  8. Feb 18, 2012
    Over the years the quality has fell yes, but it is still miles, and miles ahead of any of the dibble that comes from Seth McFaraline. Bravo to this great show.
  9. May 29, 2012
    Such A Amazing Show!
    It Never Gets Old! So Funny!
    I Couldnt Ask For More I Piss Myself Watching It!
  10. Sep 8, 2013
    Probably the biggest and greatest animation series of all-time. Never gets boring! 10/10 without no doubt! The most famous tv series for sure! THE SIMPSONS
  11. Mar 23, 2013
    One Of The Best Shows Of All Time!
    The Simpsons Is Still One Of The Funniest Show's Even At Season 24! Damn...
  12. Jul 19, 2013
    There is a reason that this is the longest running show on television. Crisp, original, and topical writing with timeless characters creates a winning formula. Job done
  13. Sep 9, 2015
    Probably one of the best cartoons ever shown on TV. Memorable characters, hilarious jokes, good premises... and Homer is definitely one of TV's greatest characters in history.
  14. Aug 18, 2010
    The best cartoon show in the history of television!! It has many things: Funny smart jokes, some stupid jokes but not going over the line, some racist jokes but not going to far like Family Guy. Love this show! 10/10 period!
  15. Sep 4, 2010
    One of the three most hilarious shows I've ever seen (others being George Lopez and Family Guy). This show is is Awesome. 10 out of 10! P.S. Right now there is one other ten of ten ratings and it says 8.6
  16. Oct 8, 2010
    This is my favourite progamme of all time in the history of tv.
    The episodes are funny, the characters are funny, all of it is funny!
    My opinion on the characters is Homer. He is my favourite character! This is like a progamme that people all know and love and the simpsons will still be good into the future. This is a tv classic. I can't believe this movie has been going on for over
    This is my favourite progamme of all time in the history of tv.
    The episodes are funny, the characters are funny, all of it is funny!
    My opinion on the characters is Homer. He is my favourite character!
    This is like a progamme that people all know and love and the simpsons
    has been going on for over 20 years! Oh my gosh! Great progamme, great characters.
  17. Dec 12, 2011
    "The Simpsons" is the show of what you call the pioneer of American comedy. It's sad to see that none of the shows these days are exciting or satirical as this one....
  18. Apr 26, 2013
    Very fun, so creative, smart and hilarious. Every episodes has some good social critic.
    Was not lucky that tv show last so much time. They got it, becouse its good.

Homer simpson is amazing stupid, i laughed so much with he.
  19. Dec 10, 2014
    I haven't watched the Simpsons since the evolution of cartoon comedy and boy was I surprised by how dull and stupid the show is. The Simpsons is simply a cartoon based which lacks humor and entertaining content. You can only watch Homer mess up so many times before it gets unwatchable. I'm sorry but this cartoon is completely crap.
  20. Aug 4, 2016
    The best cartoon show in the history of television!! It has many things: Funny smart jokes, some stupid jokes but not going over the line, some racist jokes but not going to far like Family Guy.Favorite Show Ever! 10/10 period!
  21. Jan 15, 2011
    Score: 9.0/10

You just cant call this "the best comedy ever." The plots here are sometikes terirble. Sometimes te jokes never work. And sometimes the script cant keep up with the plot. Bt a majourity od the episodes are good, particulary the earlier episodes of Season 22.
  22. Oct 23, 2011
    I Am Scoring Season 1.
    Simpsons Roasting On An Open Fire (Christmas Special) 10/10 A Great Debut!
    Bart The Genuis 710 Homer's Odyssey 8/10 This Ep. Has Alot Of Really Good Jokes & Writing, But Somthings Lack. There's No Disgrace Like Home 7/10 Called "The Worst Of The Season" But I Don't Think So Bart The Genral 6/10 Once More It Could Be A 5, Somthiings Lacking.... Moaning Lisa 7/10 A
    I Am Scoring Season 1.
    Simpsons Roasting On An Open Fire (Christmas Special) 10/10 A Great Debut!
    Moaning Lisa 7/10 A Good One, But More Of A Sad One.
    The Call of the Simpsons 8/10 A Fun Plot!
    The Telltale Head 8/10
    Life on the Fast Lane 7/10 The Plot Is Very Well Writen, But It Just Doesent Stand Out To Me As "Gold"
    Homer's Night Out 10/10 A Perfect One!
    The Crepes of Wrath 7/10 Even Though It's A 7, It Still Has Good Simpsons Moments....
    Krusty Gets Busted 9/10 A Solid Good One...
    Some Enchanted Evening 10/10 My Favorite Ep. Of The Season!
  23. Jun 7, 2013
    Originally conceived to only be a series of short animated segments for the Tracy Ullman Show it wasn't long before The Simpsons, with its unique mix of satire and slapstick, became a television phenomenon.

In truth the thirteen episodes found in this opening season don't quite highlight the show at its very peak but episodes like Moaning Lisa, which introduces the character of Bleeding Gums Murphy, and Side Show Bob's first important appearance in Krusty Gets Busted demonstrated its early potential as a show that can be enjoyed by people of all ages.
  24. Jul 16, 2011
    One of the best cartoon shows ever, although Family guy did plagiarize this, I still find family guy funnier, however the simpsons is less offensive
  25. Aug 29, 2011
    This first season is a pretty good start to the amazing series. The jokes are funny and original. Sadly, some jokes move on (such as Bart's prank calls to Moe's bar), and the characters' voices change as the technology of the show enhances, but it's great overall.
  26. Dec 29, 2012
    Best cartoon show ever. It will be difficult for a cartoon to be as popular as The Simpsons. I love the show, it's really funny and it seems there is a lot of work behind. Of course, 10 marks.
  27. Dec 31, 2012
    In season 1, the show was still the developmental stages, but and is greatly out staged by seasons yet to come. But Season 1 is still worth checking out.
  28. Dec 5, 2012
    This first series beholds some of the Simpsons' most beloved or greatest episodes, featuring hilarious and memorable gags that keep you laughing even after the episode ends, featuring charming animation and settings, this series is what made the Simpsons what it is... Brilliant. Possibly the best show held in the realms of the universe of T.V. 9.5/10.
  29. Jan 23, 2013
    A good 1st season is a bright start for the next season. A nice animation cartoon that is not over the top or too boring, a searing season but lacks 1 thing. Just a bit more humuor will do the trick.
  30. Aug 16, 2013
    The Simpsons is the greatest cartoon show of all time. No question. Some people insist The Simpson's better years are gone, that may be true but even now, The Simpson's continues to make me laugh and smile dozens of times every episode. With the most guest stars to appear on a show, it is always hilarious to see actors portray themselves and even sometimes make fun of themselves.
    10/10 no matter what anybody says!

1. Seattle Post-Intelligencer
    Reviewed by: John Engstrom
    Jul 11, 2013
    "The Simpsons" is both a challenge and a delight. It's also that rarest of TV fauna, a cartoon show with levels of mirth for every brain and pair of eyes in the family. [12 Jan 1990]
  2. Reviewed by: John J. O'Connor
    Jul 11, 2013
    There is, admittedly, a fine line between being hilariously perceptive and just plain, even objectionably, silly. While habitually teetering on that line, 'The Simpsons' has shown a remarkable ability to come down on the right side most of the time.
  3. Reviewed by: Richard Zoglin
    Jul 2, 2013
    [The show] has a good deal of savvy wit.... The Simpsons, however, is strangely off-putting much of the time. The drawings are grotesque without redeeming style or charm (characters have big beady eyes, beaklike noses and spiky hair), and the animation is crude even by TV's low-grade standards.