The Sopranos : Season 6

Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
8.8

1. romanmc
    Mar 13, 2006
    Should have listened to Janice, Tony.
  2. Timothy
    Mar 29, 2006
    The best show on tv hands down is not the Soprano's, it is the Shield!! Trust me I love Tony..but Vic Mackey..ha ha!!
  3. JoeM.
    Aug 23, 2006
    I have been keeping up with the Sopranos since the very first season, and since I watched the first episode I have been captivated by the show. As you watch each season you become more and more connected to each character, almost as if they were real and not just acting. This show is in my opinion, the best television drama ever created, and no one can possibly make a negative judgement I have been keeping up with the Sopranos since the very first season, and since I watched the first episode I have been captivated by the show. As you watch each season you become more and more connected to each character, almost as if they were real and not just acting. This show is in my opinion, the best television drama ever created, and no one can possibly make a negative judgement about it, especially when they have only "seen the first and sixth season". Although the ending of season sixth was quite tranquil, we can still expect a very climactic ending. People that have kept up with the show since the beginning will recall Tony telling Dr. Melfi that the only way out of his line of work is death or the can. So that is what we have to expect. Tony and Christopher who are both my favorite characters will most likely be the ones that will be the most disappointing to see end. But, thats just the way things go. Expand
  4. PeterM.
    Jun 15, 2007
    The Audience has Died, No longer are we Tony Soprano when we watch, that is the loss viewers feel, Symbolism is a strong tool view it as you will, and you will be as contented as me! 10/10
  5. DougG.
    Jun 19, 2007
    People want catharsis, conclusions, and closure. Life isn't like that. Whether you believe Tony got whacked or that life went on for the Sopranos, it does not matter. To leave the decision up to us, the viewers, was a bold and interesting way to end a brilliant series. Would any other ending have generated so much passionate debate? I don't think so.
  6. Dec 4, 2012
    I'm reviewing the final season because 1) It's the only one with an actual critics score 2) because my opinion is on the entire series so it had to be either on the first or the last one's reviews 3) to rebalance its undeserved lower user score 4) because it doesn't matter, this show has never decreased in quality, and I dare you to name another series of nowadays of which the same thingI'm reviewing the final season because 1) It's the only one with an actual critics score 2) because my opinion is on the entire series so it had to be either on the first or the last one's reviews 3) to rebalance its undeserved lower user score 4) because it doesn't matter, this show has never decreased in quality, and I dare you to name another series of nowadays of which the same thing can be said and that is THIS long. It's perfect and I wouldn't even know how to express that. The most realistic portrait of human psychology to be ever aired, installed into what could actually even pass for a decent stand-alone mainstream series plot, except it wouldn't be the same and the point of the series would be lost but it's just to give you the idea. The "other side" of the series, the criminal part, is just as realistic as the psychological portrait. It's... I don't know, so real. It's the Sopranos. One day I hope I can do a review worthy of this show and that doesn't sound like fanboyisms mashed together, but until that day I won't even dare (save for this pseudo-review). Expand
  7. Nov 22, 2013
    I take back what I said about the critics. You have respected The Sopranos giving it the lowest score of 88. And that's in Season 1 which is surprising because a lot of the fans say the best 2 seasons are season 1 and 2. I disagree I think the best 2 seasons are S3 and S5 and S6 Part II.
  8. Feb 4, 2014
    La segunda mejor temporada de los soprano despues de la Segunda Temporada, con un villano tan despreciable como carismatico, y por supuesto el primer episodio de la segunda parte de la temporada y el penultimo, los mejores capitulos de toda la serie respectivamente.
  9. May 23, 2014
    This may be the best season of The Sopranos. Only because the name of the show is "The Sopranos", and in season 6 the Sopranos, especially Tony, become the most vulnerable and interesting to watch.
  10. JackM.
    Oct 17, 2007
    There are TV dramas. And then there's The Sopranos.
  11. DaveQ
    Jan 13, 2008
    First of all I'm not going to say how "amazing" this show is (we already know that), you would have to be extremely ignorant not to realize what this show has done for TV. The show has always tried to replicate life in its most brutal and honest from the very first scene to the very last from the perspective of Anthony Soprano. If you haven't watched the show or just casually First of all I'm not going to say how "amazing" this show is (we already know that), you would have to be extremely ignorant not to realize what this show has done for TV. The show has always tried to replicate life in its most brutal and honest from the very first scene to the very last from the perspective of Anthony Soprano. If you haven't watched the show or just casually watched a few episdoes you make think that its just about the mob (TV version of the godfather), but that couldn't be further from the truth. David Chase has created a show that is the modern day equivalent to Shakespeare and Yeats masterpieces. The show explores themes far beyond the moral problems associated with the Mafia and Standard life, the ending in particular shows this. So why not give it a chance? Make your brain happy by watching something that makes you ask the questions that has troubled our society from the dawn of time. It is simply one of the greatest TV dramas of all time, and led way to other amazing dramas such as Six Feet Under and The Wire. Its a shame that a lot of other user comments haven't given this show a second thought, because once you dig a little dipper you will be pleasantly surprised. Expand
  12. JohnT.
    Dec 4, 2008
    Not only the best television show of the last 50 years, but the most important one of all time. An extraordinary mix of violence, humour and profound family insights your ever likely to find on american television. Or antwhere else for that matter.
  13. PaulyK
    Mar 20, 2006
    This is a tentative score. The first two episodes were a bit slow. I get HBO and watch the Sopranos to gansters doing gangster stuff not to see a family drama. However this setup will be worth it once they unfold the rest of the story, eg Tony doesnt die and AJ joins the business.
  14. AndyS
    May 3, 2006
    People seem to be surprised that a couple of the midseason episodes have been sow. It is like that every season. The calm before the storm. This season has given us a new tony, something I never though was possible. I do think we need more Christopher and less Vito but I have learned to just be patient, Sopranos always delivers.
  15. MICkG
    Aug 1, 2006
    Worst season ever, yet it still gets a 7. Christoper Matsulto should win an emmy. Violence and action was lacking in this season. Tony was out for about 4 episodes coupled with the terrible 12th episode made me give this a 7.
  16. DawnA
    Mar 31, 2006
    I think this is the best season so far. I couldn't believe what happened in the first episode, Junior shooting Tony. What a shock. During the second episode I coudln't take my eyes off the screen. I can't wait to see what other surprises they have in store for us this season, hopefully another season will follow.
  17. AndyB.
    Mar 13, 2006
    As they said in the NY Times, the new series has started with a bada-bang! We've got conflict and dilemas galor, just the way Sopranos fans like it. I can't wait to see more.
  18. Melissa
    Mar 24, 2006
    AWESOME! The second episode of season 6 showed just how talented David Chase is. BIG thumbs up to all of the writers!
  19. JakeT
    Apr 1, 2006
    I dream about the Sopranos
  20. TomS
    Jun 5, 2006
    How can anyone say otherwise?
  21. markv
    Apr 1, 2007
    season 6 shows still the most intelligent writing and acting on tv. nothing else but best show ever
  22. DavidC.
    Jun 15, 2007
    Greatest show ever.
  23. JennP
    Jun 30, 2007
    Tony got whacked, or viewers could at least use their imagination. Watch the final episode again and watch for all the signs pointing to death. If you know the relationship in The Godfather between oranges and death, you will get the picture. Brilliant ending by David Chase!
  24. robertp
    Dec 12, 2006
    the sopranos makes me wanna be made.
  25. TomB
    Mar 13, 2006
    The best show on TV and perhaps the best show ever just started off with a bang. This is so far ahead of its peers it's a joke.
  26. ScottS.
    Mar 13, 2006
    It was OK but keeps leaving too many hanging plot lines.
  27. AaronK.
    Mar 13, 2006
    I don't know how it could be any better for a season premiere, but I am sure that the writers found a way to make the rest of the episodes get even better. What an amazing first episode!
  28. MikeH
    Mar 14, 2006
    After an uneven 5th season and a long time off, the first episode of the 6th season was fantastic. This episode creatively explained what had happened in the last 18-months while hinting at many fun things to come. This episode ranks up there with the best from the first couple seasons.
  29. KenL
    Mar 18, 2006
    This is not Television, this is great and lasting art. The emotional, visceral, tale telling will live long after us. Molto Bene, mi piace molto.
  30. julsw
    Mar 27, 2006
    This show is thrilling, intelligent, honest, gritty, wonderfully written and beautifully acted. Nothing on TV and very few movies compare

1. There's enough classic "Sopranos" action -- some of it involving extreme physical violence -- to remind the average person that where the Sopranos are is not where most of us want to go. Yet at the same time, these episodes repeatedly return to the ways in which the Soprano clan, in its desperate, sometimes twisted and sometimes touching way, seeks to embrace family values.
    This is the best the drama has been in some time.
    The Sopranos unfolds at a more absorbing and imaginative level than TV's strongest series, from ABC's Lost and Grey's Anatomy to Fox's 24 and House.