• Network: NBC
  • Series Premiere Date: Dec 5, 2013
  • Season #: 1
5.7

1. Dec 6, 2013
    The production was flawless. Carrie Underwood and the cast did an amazing job. She singed with passion, her voice is simply incredible, and she acted good.
  2. Dec 11, 2013
    I just watched this version of the sound of music with my kids the other night. I never saw the original, or at least not all of it anyways. I think that Carrie Underwood did an extremely good job in her portrayal of Maria. That said, I know what people are thinking, she's no Julie Andrews, no! of course she's not, no one is. However, Carrie puts her own personal flair into the songs and makes you feel a part of the struggle of the story, she brings out the emotion, the feeling and the depth of this wonderful yet timeless classic in her own unique way. I for one am looking forward to watching it again. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Joanne Ostrow
    Dec 9, 2013
    Carrie Underwood isn’t an actor and Stephen Moyer isn’t a singer and together they lacked chemistry as Maria and Captain Von Trapp..... The highpoint of the evening was Audra McDonald’s rendition of “Climb Ev’ry Mountain,” and Laura Benanti as the Baroness lit up the screen.
  2. Reviewed by: Alessandra Stanley
    Dec 6, 2013
    It wasn’t a singalong or a sacrilege or a slavish, shameless remake. It was a live performance of a legendary musical that felt muted and a little sad.
  3. Reviewed by: Hank Stuever
    Dec 6, 2013
    An ambitious--yet disappointingly stiff--staging of the original musical.