• Network: CBS
  • Series Premiere Date: Mar 7, 2006
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4
7.3

1. Sep 14, 2014
    The Unit maybe one of the best tv shows I have ever seen. I loved the look, the style and everything. It was perfect. Such a shame that it was discontinued just to produce one more useless NCIS spin-off.
    Kick all NCIS stuff out of your program except ne original one that was really good and go back producing The Unit. Dennis Haysbert was awesome btw.
  2. Jul 20, 2011
    The Unit represents one of the most compelling hours of television anywhere and anytime. I am flummoxed by the critics average score, other than to say critics are generally against any TV drama that purveys the military in anything approaching a favorable light.

In fact the drama is many times so gripping that the episode becomes difficult to watch. Is it too much for at least some home
    viewers to reach star status?

Ultimately, I believe the the show suffered from two flaws that lead to its failure; one common and one not so common. The common one is that in 5 years the characters did not evolve enough to deep the deeply faithful viewership alive. The show was at its best presenting the army's best soldiers in impossible situations, but floundered in the continuing Kafkaesque moments with wives and girlfriends.

The second flaw was the wife story line. It was frustratingly unrealistic. No one, and I mean no one, can watch even 1 season of absolutely shunned wife long suffering and comparatively uneventful story lines while being complicitly lied to, and not be frustrated. Not even Jonas would not tell the love of his life what he was doing. The evolution in the last season was a band-aid to this issue, not a solution.

Kudos to the writers and the producers of an absolutely brilliant idea and some of the best writing on TV. But Andy Griffin shows are dead. People need to change. It's part of the fun.
  3. Nov 14, 2011
    It's a fun watch. Nothing too serious and nothing unrealistic. Not every episode is great, and not always continuous. Now that I am done with the set I want more, that should tell you something.
  4. Jan 3, 2012
    Compelling and interesting, however the special effects are not top notch. The acting performances are also pretty good. I like the Allstate guy, lol. He doesn't do commercials anymore, apparently.

There are glimmers of something refreshingly different.
    One of the major strengths of "The Unit" is its ability to tackle the blurry ethical lines and confusing behavioral codes of the military during a time of war.
  3. It just oozes potential with sharp dialogue and a strong cast.