The Unit : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Mar 7, 2006
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4
7.3

1. Jul 8, 2016
    Surprisingly bad action/drama series from David Mamet, the mind behind such brilliant works as Glengarry Glenn Ross, The Verdict, and House of Games. The Unit is badly paced, poorly acted, jingoistic drivel. And, yet, the worst thing about it is that it is unbelievably boring.
  2. SteffiK
    Mar 11, 2006
    This is so badly over-acted, and the situations are so ridiculously oversimplified, with everyone except the military being the bad guy (a wife can't leave the base with her child? being brain-washed by the miltary version of the Stepford wives? Are you kidding me???), that only the least sophisticated will watch it (or, so many of them will, that it will become a megahit). The This is so badly over-acted, and the situations are so ridiculously oversimplified, with everyone except the military being the bad guy (a wife can't leave the base with her child? being brain-washed by the miltary version of the Stepford wives? Are you kidding me???), that only the least sophisticated will watch it (or, so many of them will, that it will become a megahit). The military must be stewing over this (if I were in the military, I sure as hell would be!). I'd be surprised if it lasts three episodes. Expand
  3. MikeP
    Mar 7, 2006
    Absolutely pathetic. The plot is terrible, the acting is beyond cheesy, the characters lack originality...Admittedly, I couldn't stop watching because this was so bad!!
  4. LornaC
    Mar 8, 2006
    I thought the combination of Mamet and Haysbert would be unbeatable, but the show has a strange 1950s quality to it. The stay-at-home wives were dull and boring, and even the men's action sequences seemed draggy.
  5. ScottS
    Mar 23, 2006
    Having watched the third episode, I can now unequivocally say this show is offensively bad. My wife figured that out after the first episode. What can I say? I'm a bit slow, I guess. Bad acting + mediocre writing = a painful hour. I can say the show looks pretty, but pretty technical stuff is easy; writing and acting are the hard stuff that this show doesn't get right. See this Having watched the third episode, I can now unequivocally say this show is offensively bad. My wife figured that out after the first episode. What can I say? I'm a bit slow, I guess. Bad acting + mediocre writing = a painful hour. I can say the show looks pretty, but pretty technical stuff is easy; writing and acting are the hard stuff that this show doesn't get right. See this year's The Shield for writing and acting done right. Expand
  6. ColeC
    Mar 29, 2006
    CRAP!! Trying to take on 24 and failing in every way. Tone is all off, Miss paced, washed out look just doesnt work if your trying to make a realistic show take off all the effects. Screw this show this is a discrase to TV like many shows, Ill stick to STILL the best show on TV EVER....24!!!!!
  7. DaveC
    Jan 15, 2009
    The opening episode of season 1 should have been entitled 'Operation Cliché', such was the nature of the script. The show also seems to pitched to 12-15 year-old kids - there are no sub-plots, no complexities, just a bunch of guys 'lock-and-load'-ing and playing 'soldiers', while the equally 2-dimensional women play 'supportive housewife' at The opening episode of season 1 should have been entitled 'Operation Cliché', such was the nature of the script. The show also seems to pitched to 12-15 year-old kids - there are no sub-plots, no complexities, just a bunch of guys 'lock-and-load'-ing and playing 'soldiers', while the equally 2-dimensional women play 'supportive housewife' at home. 24, it ain't. Expand
  8. DennisH
    Apr 22, 2006
    Thank goodness I tape it after NCIS so I can fast forward through the commercials AND the the soapy subplot of the wives.
  9. malf
    Jun 27, 2006
    It's about as acurate as the MiG-28 in TopGun. "there is NO such thing as a MiG-28, all MiG's have odd numbers, ex MiG-19, 17, 15, 19, 21, 23, 25, 27 and the MiG-29" Acting was wooden. Predictable from the 1st act on.
  10. SusanH
    Oct 19, 2007
    Is this show for real? The macho factor is so over the top it's hard to believe that Mammet is serious about this.

There are glimmers of something refreshingly different.
    One of the major strengths of "The Unit" is its ability to tackle the blurry ethical lines and confusing behavioral codes of the military during a time of war.
  3. It just oozes potential with sharp dialogue and a strong cast.