The Voice : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Apr 26, 2011
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
7.6

1. Jun 7, 2011
    1st Of All I Have To Say This Review Will NOT Be Positive... I Hate Christina.. But As A Critic I Have To Score The Show Itself.. Not The Person.. I'll Be Honest.. This Show Just Seems Like "Just Another Reality Show" There Is Nothing Special About It... However I Do Like The Style & Layout Of The Show...
  2. May 1, 2011
    Generally I'm not a big fan of talent based reality shows, but the concept for The Voice seemed interesting to me. Four judges sit facing away from potential finalists, judging them entirley on their vocal talent. Unfortionatly, after watching the an episode I was greatly disappointed. Other then the fact that it plays out like a cookie cutter reality show, my main problem was theGenerally I'm not a big fan of talent based reality shows, but the concept for The Voice seemed interesting to me. Four judges sit facing away from potential finalists, judging them entirley on their vocal talent. Unfortionatly, after watching the an episode I was greatly disappointed. Other then the fact that it plays out like a cookie cutter reality show, my main problem was the contestants. All the contestants are generally TV friendly in appearance. I was expecting exploitation of the blind judge factor, but no, it is basically pointless. Another wasted concept, another one season, forgettable reality show. Expand
  3. Jun 22, 2013
    The blind audition concept is highly intelligent and inventive, yet the show gets boring when it comes to the playoffs, where the lack of singing and overload of emotional content about how 'I am going to win the voice' is highly repetitive.
  4. May 15, 2015
    I have to give my opinion here. I have watched the Voice for 8 seasons. This is the first season I am infuriated that they allowed Meghan Linsey, try out, appear, and continue winning. In the past, she has toured with Blake Shelton, been nominated for a Grammy, had record deals, appeared at the Apollo, and managed to never make a name for herself. How does she qualify to be a contestant,I have to give my opinion here. I have watched the Voice for 8 seasons. This is the first season I am infuriated that they allowed Meghan Linsey, try out, appear, and continue winning. In the past, she has toured with Blake Shelton, been nominated for a Grammy, had record deals, appeared at the Apollo, and managed to never make a name for herself. How does she qualify to be a contestant, standing nest to people who have formally only sang at Farmers Markets, or in the comfort of their own bedrooms? She even said that "auditioning for the voice was a big pill to swallow". When no other contestant would feel that way. Its an HONOR to be selected. If The Voice does this again, I wont be watching, and neither will thousands of other people! Go back to basics, Voice. Only allow UNKNOWNS to audition, or I'm out. PERIOD Expand

1. Reviewed by: Paige Wiser
    May 4, 2011
    The Voice is not that bad.
  2. People Weekly
    Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    May 3, 2011
    Visually, it makes for odd television. Odder still is that the coaches compete too....The good news? The caliber of voices is high--better than American Idol. [16 May 2011, p.43]
  3. Reviewed by: Verne Gay
    May 2, 2011
    While you're left to wonder why these four stars need a reality show, or why the contestants never truly made it in the first place, "The Voice" should remain a solid performer for NBC--which it so very badly needs.