• Network: AMC
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 31, 2010
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4
7.5

1. Oct 28, 2011
    The writing on this show is some of the most infuriatingly idiotic work I've ever seen. In season 1 they had to cover themselves in zombie gut to make sure they're not sniffed out. In season 2 all they have to do is hide underneath cars or put bodies on top of them. In season 1 if there is fluid exchange you get zombified. In season 2 no such thing. In season 1 if you stab a zombie body parts still move around and the zombie doesnt stay dead. In season 2 all knives are somehow magical. The characters are incredibly moronic. A zombie is looking for you. You hide in a closet. What do you do? You start fumbling around with a gun and then obviously drop it so the zombie comes after you. You know that if you get zombie blood in your mouth you turn into a zombie. What do you do? You stab the zombie repeatedly while your mouth is gaping open. Girl knows zombies follow sound. Starts crying. Zombies coming after you. Crouch behind a car right in front of the zombies, cut yourself on the car, then just start stumbling around. You tell a girl to stay here and that you'll come back for her. Girl leaves. In any situation just imagine what a person would the brains of a zombie would do and your prediction will be spot on.

Even though they're incredibly slow zombies will come out of nowhere, suddenly swarming the group in a vast open area. The **** with the characters. The hysteric acting. The moronic plot devices. Nice costumes, but who watches a show if the only redeeming part is the costumes?
  2. Nov 20, 2011
    first season was pretty good, this one... not so much. the writing has gone by the wayside and the only good actor in the show is the one who plays dale. the problem with that is the writers try to make him the unlikable character, the rest are just husks and cliches. rick talking to a jesus statue as if it were a real person who would return dialogue, laughable. those who pray do not try to hollywoodize what could have been a great moment in the show, but poorly poorly executed. i still hold out hope for it as the first season was pretty good Expand
  3. Oct 19, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. How is it that no one has pointed out how despicable the writing is for this show. I can think of no lazier device to convey a character's thoughts than the monologue to no one, but in S2E1 they did it no less than three times. The dialogue is borderline retarded, and they insist on having each character do the dumbest thing possible at all times. Why he hell did that little girl get out from under the car when the zombie herd hadn't passed by more than 5 seconds ago?! That wouldn't happen. Why would that idiotic blond woman who always has a stupid look on her face be fumbling in the bathroom clanking metal pieces together while simultaneously trying to hide from a zombie!? She wouldn't! There's just so much stupidity that goes on with this show that its hard to take and its really a shame that they're turning such great source material into such drivel. Expand
  4. Nov 22, 2011
    I loved the first series, but this series (2) is dreadful. The first was about survival, escape, being the last-people-on-earth, horror, suspense, chase scenes and excitement. It had great twists, good writing, and was fun to watch. You know, the stuff you expect from this genre. Now it's about about pregnancies, and inter-relationship hassles. Now that they are on a farm, I wouldn't be surprised to see this turning into a series about farming.

EVERYTHING that was good, no GREAT, about the first series is gone. In episode 5 for example, we had to the two main leads spending five minutes talking in a forest about girlfriends and sexual exploits from high school! Now I know characters need fleshing out, but it also needs to be relevant. I want to know that I'm being taken somewhere, not in circles leading nowhere. It seems like there's 30 minutes of bland filler in every episode now. Did they run out of money? Ideas? Where has the suspense gone? And I don't mean the 'soap opera' suspense about "Who is the father?" or "Will-they-won't-they?" Bring back the zombies, put in some more action of the type that is demanded, and necessary, of this genre, because it's in danger of leaving the genre behind and becoming The Waltons.
  5. Nov 9, 2011
    The first season was decent. The second season, in which they've sacrificed a lot of plot for character development, completely blows. None of these characters are very interesting outside of a pure-survival context. That combined with the questionable screenwriting and the actors being mediocre at best almost makes this show unbearable to watch.
  6. Nov 13, 2011
    First Season screenplay was exciting, because the dinamic incident of each episode head to a certain place and situation. The second season the more I watch the more I see a sidcom because the story start and end in the same story line. The humor of the character is too much, I hate the always depressing attitude that make them look dumb and make stupid decisions. The blond women story sucks, the lost girl situation is sick. I think they are trying to extend the season with trash story and a lot of repeated dialogue. I loved first season I hate the second. They have horrible screenwritters this season. Expand
  7. Oct 17, 2011
    Season 1 was good for a Zombie TV series. Decent story line, great effects. Simple formula. Season 2 has all the same qualities but it seems a little more tied down with its somewhat amateur actors and more 'Greys Anatomy' sub plots. Gonna pass on this one this season.
  8. Nov 11, 2011
    Bad. Too bad. No story. Pathetic characters, silly situations, unbearable lines... Four episodes so long oand the story is not going in any place. Dull boring and predictable. I really do not understand how can receive a metascore of 81! Epic fail.
  9. Nov 18, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Me and my girlfriend have been waiting impatiently for season 1 of one of the best first season of a TV series we saw in a long time, Dexter being the only real competitor, going strong for 6 seasons. We expected The Walking Dead to be as strong, or maybe even stronger as the seasons go. But then I saw episode one and painfully saw episode two.... three. And four... Read some of the reviews and was mesmerized. The main points of the reviews are that it is unpredictable, the suspense is intense and the costumes are great. I must admit the costumes are great. But there was a strong feeling of predictability. Four episodes searching for a kid? Really? Half an episode trying to save one single water well when there are 4 more on the property that ended up in being contaminated anyways? I was pretty good at guessing what was going to happen as I predicted that what would probably happen was what would not move the story further. And I was right.

Some stuff was surprising, of course, a few scenes were still pretty cool but all the "situations" created ended up being boring and bottom line stalling the entire season into an oblivion of ideas, creativity and leaving the series hang on only a few unmemorable scenes of single zombie attack, a two minutes of pathetic sex and many many attempts for a deeper story line failing at mediocre redundant dialogues, uninteresting characters and cheap religious debates. 80% of the first four episodes could be removed and we would be at the same exact point. Bored already.

In fact, everything season 1 was, season 2 isnâ
  10. Nov 24, 2011
    The only people on this cast who deserve praise are the costume designers and makeup people, because the zombies all look excellent. But the characters are thin and boring, the plotlines plodding and unimaginative, and the whole thing is slowmoving and dull. Like a zombie.
  11. Nov 20, 2011
    This show is pathetic in every aspect, though I'm not surprised by its popularity. Its just another example that you can combine talentless actors with even less talented writers and still win over the generally brainless American television market. Its basically a prime-time soap-opera, hyped up with some silly zombie gimmick. This series alone wipes out all the respect AMC earned from me with shows like Mad Men and Breaking Bad. Now I look at those as lucky flukes. All in all, if you think this show is even mediocre I'm sorry you have to live your life filtering everything through such a moronic brain. Expand
  12. Dec 29, 2011
    Wow. So dull. So very, very dull. I went back and reread all the hardcover versions of the graphic novel just to remind myself why I liked this concept/story in the first place. I really wanted to watch "The Walking Dead", not "All My Zombies".
  13. Oct 28, 2011
    I don't get all the hype that surrounds the Walking Dead. I've watched every episode so far and they only seem to be getting worse. It's basically Lost with zombies. The main character's accent is getting increasingly worse. His wife is totally annoying. Hardly any of the characters are likeable at all. I end up rooting for the zombies. If this show doesn't get better, I doubt I'll be around for season 3. Expand
  14. Nov 19, 2011
    nice costumes. story and acting is very lame. season 1 was quite good, at least the first half part of it. but season 2, nothing happens here. I watched 4 episodes, and there was basically no story at all. amc can do definitely better than this. I can't understand how this show could get such good reviews.
  15. Dec 15, 2011
    What a bore of show! the whole thing was based on finding the little girl? Season 1 wasnt perfect, but it had its moments. season 2 on the other hand, is slow, does not have enough zombies, the end of the world atmosphere is not there. The only good episode was the last one.
  16. Nov 16, 2011
    You know that feeling you get at a certain point in a show/movie/novel where you start to suspect that it's so ridiculous something isn't right? That feeling that comes right before you realize that the writer's intent was parody and in retrospect you can't believe you were so stupid to be taking it seriously? That's the feeling I get every time I watch this show. Just because your show is about zombies doesn't mean you can throw logic out the window.

It stinks.
  17. Feb 1, 2012
    This review contains spoilers. HI. Waited for season 1 with anticipation and excitement. HA! The writing was 50/50, the acting was good, and the suspence and action was great. Then I waited for season 2 with even more excitement. How dissapointed was I. The acting was terrible, the excitement level was almost non-exsistent, and the writing sucked. While I was watching it, it felt like I was watching a soap drama. 5 episodes of whiny characters who are asking the audience,'' Who's baby is it'', ''Oh no, its not ricks''. I hate soap dramas and this felt very close to one. Where is that feeling that its the end of the world? No more soap dramas, give us some action in season 3. Collapse
  18. Jan 18, 2012
    Season 1 fantastic. Season 2 poorly written bad pacing between and during scenes bad film quality bad editing. More of a soap opera that uses an apocalyptic attention getter to try to hook in it's viewers while using character development as the excuse for bad tv. It does not stick to any story line from its last season mostly except the Shane loves Lori story line that is redundant. Rick Grimes the lead has been reduced to a cry baby while Shane Walsh has turned into the Jacob Black of Twilight with his new buff body and bald new do. This show is not for people who like a complicated drama all though it demands its audience to see it that way. Cliche characters bad development and an un sureness of where they want to go with it is pretty clear in it's presentation. The show expects the viewers to sit through bad episodes until the last one which will be good and use that as an excuse for slow build up until it returns yet again from yet another break. The impression I get is people actually like this show because most TV has gone down the tubes but accepting this show as great is just settling it's far from it and needs a lot of work hardly worth an award hardly worth waiting around to see if it gets better the stone has been set, and hardly worth showing again on my TV set. Expand
  19. Mar 13, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. All of you critics and users who are rating this show in the 80's must be easily entertained. Season 1 was decent it had flaws but moved a long a decent pace but this season has been ATROCIOUS. These writers make up rules as they go along. In season 1 they had to smear zombie guts on themselves to get past the zombies which logically makes sense. Fast forward to the season 2 premiere where they scout the highway and find no zombies in the far distance suddenly find themselves next to a herd of 200 zombies but don't worry guys these zombies cant smell people under cars thank god! Then we have the 8 episodes (exaggerating) of the search for Sophia unbelievably boring for a crappy character. Then the infamous water well episode. The crew find a zombie in one of the MANY wells of water which by the way are NOT interconnected and this zombie is all bloated and cut and oozing and they feel they should get this zombie out to not "contaminate" the well. WHO is going to drink water from that well? NO ONE. Fast forward through all the other pointless drivel to Dales death where we get to see the first STEALTH zombie dale turns around to find a stealth zombie who only started making noise as it was right on top of him. This show has spun out of control and no where near as exciting of pace as the comic books even with pointless made up characters. Expand
  20. Jul 20, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The second season of The Walking Dead was a total letdown and a embarrassing work of television. The show has become a lame and melodramatic soap opera full of idiotic and hateful characters who keep trying to irritate the spectator by doing the dumbest things all the time.

Despite a great source material and a first great season we get this rubbish that is not even worth talking about. The show is so bad you want to root for the zombies to kill them all, because seriously you will end up hating the protagonists much more for their dumb opinions, terrible dialogue and horrible acting.

The only character you wanted to get to live (Dale) ends up dead after an idiotic scene that made no sense. And he is not even THAT likable, he's just not an **** like the rest of them. The writers should be ashamed of what they've done with what could have been a great TV Show.

I rate the second season 1/10 for the zombies because like in the first season they are well made.
  21. Oct 25, 2011
    AMC should break out the checkbook and provide better sets and scripts so the characters in Season 2 do more than wander in the woods and climb abandoned cars for 90 minutes, as they did in the season opener.
  22. Dec 12, 2011
    I really don't get the hype this show gets. It is becoming ridiculously stupid and repetetive or... was from the very beggining?

The whole thing doesn't seem like having a point, more or less the whole show looks like "Left 4 Dead" game brought to the television (music, setting, more or less characters).
    Each episode brings in one or two total idiocies when looking at the decisions made,
    some moments are plain stupid.

The first season was watchable because it was short and still setting in it's footing on the market. Right now, with the second series, I just can't see any reason to do this further. The zombies are just dead meat walking. Fine, but can't you bring in some new types (play L4D if you don't know what I meant) of them. Stop throwing cliche after cliche in terms of the script and maybe you'll turn out at least decent.

As for the current situation - all I see is zombie gut all over the screen, shallow characters, boring script, dumb dialogues and slow pace. The show doesn't deserve a third installment. Really. What will they do? Get back, because of a forgotten picture or what?
  23. Mar 30, 2012
    The 1st season was very good, because they had the aim of getting to the CDC and the zombies were a constant threat on the journey there with many fights along the way. Season 2 has no overall aim except to survive. In the first 4 episodes pretty much nothing at all happens. The plot just slows to a crawl and then a complete stop. They stay in one place and take far too long looking for a missing person, and talk about the past and feelings and praying. Season 1 was an action survival horror show, season 2 is basically a soap that happens to be set on a farm during the zombpocalpse. They don't even fill the void with character development. Not only does they show do nothing to make you care about most of the characters but there are several of them I really wished would die as soon as possible. A zombie show should not make you root for the zombies, but this does. Expand
  24. Mar 28, 2012
    After the fantastic first season, The Walking Dead seemed like it was going to be one of these unbeatable shows. I went in expecting greatness, but ended in this zombie infested, convoluted Purgatory of a TV show. All the momentum generated by the first season completely vanished, leaving me feel like the first season had nothing to do with the second. Pacing was nearly comatose throughout the second season, with some instances of life shown through action sequences and "unexpected events." Remaining on a farm for an entire season was one of the worst ideas in terms of characterization and the overall role of the show. A bunch of people forced to live on a farm together will definitely cause drama and confrontations; zombies are not required for any of that. The show began to focus on ideas and situations that other shows like Dexter and Breaking Bad have analyzed masterfully. The Walking Dead needs to find its groove and use the zombie apocalypse to its full advantage. Action sequences, costumes, and overall art style are the only subjects keeping from giving this season a flat out 0. Expand
  25. Nov 28, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Full of bland, annoying, inconsistent and cliche characters that apparently have no common sense at all. The so-called leader is about as charismatic as a crouton and rarely shows any leadership. The scripting is awful and predictable and full of one-on-one chats that make it feel more like a soap-opera. You'll probably find yourself facepalming a lot and saying "what the hell are these idiots doing". eg: the zombie in a well bit; 5 wells on the farmland, 1 with a zombie in it. Instead of just not using that well, they decide to lower someone down as bait after 5 seconds of half-heartedly trying to dangle a rope around it's neck. Facepalm!! How did these idiots survive the zombie apocalypse?!? You'll probably like this show if you indiscriminately love anything with zombies and gore (it does have it's fair share), but I found myself getting bored of all the "is this Gawd's work?" and "do we want our children to grow up in this world of horror?" After 6 episodes it hasn't gone anywhere so i'm going to opt out now. Expand
  26. RMF
    Oct 25, 2011
    Episode 1 was very disappointing, nothing really happened, okay they're stuck and more zombies... So what? I hope it get's better, I really enjoyed S1 and couldn't wait for this season, but what a terrible start.
  27. Mar 12, 2012
    BORING! Oh my god: the season one was awesome, fast, lot of new stuff, mystery, surprise. Season two is like beautiful with some zombie in the background! Why? Hope they change something if there will be a season 3!
  28. Nov 12, 2011
    This seasons is much worse than the first one. Gone is the thrilling action, the sense that things are moving forward, the possibilities. What we get now is endless 'character development' dialogue in the countryside - a lot of deep staring into eyes, eyes welling up, the viewer connecting with the humanity.
    I heard it's because they slashed the budget, so now they can't afford the big
    actions scenes anymore.
    By the way, can someone develop the zombie concept just a little bit? I mean c'mon, the zombies have to be consistent with our world at some levels. The CDC episode in series one gave a bit of an explanation - but let me ask you this: the zombies must get tired - after all they walk on muscle and bone, and those do get tired, regardless of whether you have brain function. I know it may be kinda ludicrous to say this - some people may just feel, 'zombies! zombies! me like,' but it seems that someone could put their brain into it and push the concept a bit.
  29. Nov 15, 2011
    Loved the first season! I would give it a 10, but damn this second season is so slow. I wish the writers would include more zombie seasons and ANY plot development. Something keeps me watching but I'm not sure why. I'm hoping that this season will have some exciting progressions and this season isn't fully revolved around the missing girl. I hoped they found her alive but now I hope she is as dead as the last few episodes. Please stupid writers, make season 3 worth while. Expand
  30. Feb 10, 2012
    You can't be serious, who writes this tripe? I love having zombies on the box but could they not afford some decent writers? Those idiots are gonna get this show cut. Honestly, anyone who gave this a 10 has been beaten down by mediocrity on the small screen. Raise your standards everyone. Hope the zombies eat all but one of the characters (Sarah, bless her) before starting on the writers.
  31. Mar 1, 2012
    is Dallas back? really disappointed with season 2 , no action no suspense, just blablba and sex and pregnancy , zombies themselves are so bored than they don't attack them anymore
  32. Dec 19, 2013
    Far less polished than Season 1. Much slower paced, too many pointless and tedious choice options. Choices suddenly disappear for no reason and you can't backtrack to check it out. Case in point, you come upon a campsite where there's a zombie tied to a tree. You have choices to check its pockets or pull the knife out of its arm. If you pull the knife out before checking its pockets, you never get the option to go back and check its pockets. (I wanted to pull the knife out before checking the pockets so I'd have a weapon in case it suddenly grabbed me.) I quit playing out of boredom and frustration at the inconsistencies. Expand
  33. Aug 18, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. What a boring season. Seriously. All it contains is Rick and others looking for Sophia for about four episodes and then the ranch gets invaded by zombies. The characters are more retarded and irrational and it just makes me angry seeing how stupid they can be. Expand
  34. Feb 12, 2012
    While hopes remained high that the producers would be able to deliver a stellar season II even after firing the original writing staff, those hopes were dashed by episode III of Season II, and the series has since devolved in drek. More often than not, drama that is not thought out very well takes the place of the survival horror feel and human conflict of the first season, and man does it reek of sloppy writing. Characters are now moronic and appear to have left their brains back in Atlanta. The story is too predictable, there are far too many plot devices now, and THERE ARE NO ZOMBIES! You're lucky if you see more than two now.

Take a pass on Season two, and pray that the producers pay attention to what the critics are saying.
  35. Mar 8, 2012
    Disappointing! I liked the show until it went WAY off track from the comics. I understand the show cannot and should not follow the comics exactly, but the comics are popular for a reason. Killing off some of the most crucial, interesting characters while keeping others that barely utter a sentence is just poor writing. The zombies are the only character that have any real motivation and consistently follow through with it. Talk about ruining a good thing. These writers are simply going for easy shock value making the show just as crap as the other shows soon to be canceled. Good riddance. Expand
  36. Mar 7, 2012
    Filled with inconsistencies, logical fallacies, pointless subplots and poor acting (not excessively bad, just poor). Instead of a show about zombies, here we have a show about dicking around at a farm and infighting over silly things. Not a single problem that the characters face in this show couldn't have been avoided (quite easily) by the characters themselves. It's almost as if they go out of their way to cause problems for themselves. This leaves everything feeling very contrived and pointless. Now I'm not going to be one of those people who gets mad because the show doesn't have enough zombie killing and explosions, but if you're going to do character drama, at least do it right. As in, give us some characters whose personalities consist of more than "I'm a woman who can be just as tough as a man" or "My morals are more important than the well-being of the group". It's irritating and just leaves the viewer upset at the stupidity of the characters. Expand
  37. Feb 12, 2012
    This show is brilliant. It manages to make zombies boring. Every single character is either boring or loathsome. The tedious "end of the world" moralizing that takes place is about as enjoyable as watching an obese man with asthma try to eat pudding moments after walking up 10 flights stairs. What's doubly infuriating is the users on here who attempt to play the "I'm an intellectual" card by claiming that the slow plot-lines are allowing for "character development". You all may not realize it, but the best character development happens when we learn about someone from their actions. The key word here? ACTIONS. Having characters talk out their inner feelings and problems is lazy, and it's even worse when none of their actions (which are few and far between) make any sense. Expand
  38. Jan 23, 2012
    Okay, so what the hell happened with season 2? There are so many inconsistencies with the 1st season, even the accents suck in #2. I've also had enough of the God talk.
    Disappointed.
  39. Feb 20, 2012
    Season 1 was amazing but this season 2 is just well ..boooring ... The stupid farm and there stupid love drama this show is now a chick zombie flick ... almost unwatchable and figures theres a woman directing so now ga reat show will go down in flames.. Bring back Darabont If we wanted to watch angry pregnant women and chicks crying about love we would all change the channel to something NBC or ABC plays on a regular basis witch is crap! Expand
  40. Feb 19, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. New name for this show is the Talking dead. all that is going on is uninteresting and unbelievable characters talking and talking and talking. For example how can a doctor (even a retired one) ever think that the zombies are cure able, this would be obvious even after a cursory exam ? The second season of this series is a bigger let-down then I thought possible due to the fact that now its about personal relationships, endless talking about feelings, and non-stop religious bs. and once in a long while a zombie comes along just to remind you that it is supposed to be exciting. How come none of the roaming bands of zombies have never found their way to this virtually undefended farm ? I mean after all it is a smorgasbord of dry witless characters waiting to be eaten... and to that I would say good riddance. Now I have to put all hope on Max Brooks's World war Z.... thou I have my fears Expand
  41. Nov 20, 2012
    The first season was good this season was remarkably slow and boring as hell, they do nothing this season and spend the first 7 or 8 episodes looking for this girl on a farm. The acting is 4 out of 10 and varies from actor to actor, but nothing comparable to other AMC shows such as Mad Men and Breaking Bad.

1. Reviewed by: Matt Zoller Seitz
    Oct 21, 2011
    As we head into Season 2, it's becoming increasingly clear that they [the actors] can't make these characters interesting, because they're too thinly conceived.
  2. Reviewed by: Michelle Welch
    Oct 20, 2011
    In many ways, it was where the series ought to have begun.
  3. Reviewed by: Rob Owen
    Oct 17, 2011
    The show creates tension--through atmosphere and characters the audience cares about--and offers so many make-you-jump scares that by the end of an episode, you're left breathless.