The Walking Dead : Season 3

• Series Premiere Date: Oct 31, 2010
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
7.5

1. Apr 1, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. While season three hasn't fallen off my to watch list, it has left me with much more of a bad taste than previous episodes. The culprit of this bad taste? The Governor. Not to be overly critical as I appreciate the writers taking what could be a stagnant zombie show and injecting some rotten to the core human antagonists. However the Governors slow decent into this psychotic murderous person felt forced and played a little loose. In fact the one thing that seemed to be a legitimate catalyst for his journey into the psychotic felt trivial at best (his zombie daughters "murder"). The season earned a solid 7, with hopes for a fresh season that hopefully remembers that not only are our survivors fighting against walkers and people, but the environment and scarcity as well. Expand
  2. Apr 4, 2013
    The third season is less addictive than the first two seasons. Endless discussions, mental breakdowns and fearless hand-to-hand domination over the walking dead... these are not the strength of this series. Though the rationality is legitimately influenced by past experiences, the extent to which characters take any reason not to do what is logical and best in the particular situationThe third season is less addictive than the first two seasons. Endless discussions, mental breakdowns and fearless hand-to-hand domination over the walking dead... these are not the strength of this series. Though the rationality is legitimately influenced by past experiences, the extent to which characters take any reason not to do what is logical and best in the particular situation makes watching it a bit frustrating every now and then. The conflict with the rivalrous town enables for a more politically oriented kind of survival, which is a welcome change for a few episodes. However, it takes up the entire season making the series revolve more around inter-human conflicts, rather than the struggle for life against the walkers which have been capable of overthrowing army outposts. If season 1 would have been like season 3 the series certainly would have been less successful. Expand
  3. Jul 25, 2013
    The first half of was kinda good. Feature some relentlessly, intense and emotional episodes. It was darker, the new addition of an antagonist proved that the show could be the next top drama. However, then came episodes where it dropped the ball. It completely lost focus, it's characters became poorly written, all these minor characters that seemed to be getting more and more screen timeThe first half of was kinda good. Feature some relentlessly, intense and emotional episodes. It was darker, the new addition of an antagonist proved that the show could be the next top drama. However, then came episodes where it dropped the ball. It completely lost focus, it's characters became poorly written, all these minor characters that seemed to be getting more and more screen time that didn't go anywhere, a subplot with Rick going mad became over done, episodes became poorly paced and of course it's finale left with a wimper.

S1 still remains the best. Last of half of S2 was pretty good, for the most part, the first half of S3 was pretty good.
  4. Oct 11, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Wow. Failure. Spoilers follow. I feel like the original writers are completely gone, or they just ran out of ideas. Too much generic horror movie stuff, nonsensical zombies appearing out of nowhere, pointless relationships, and total failure to represent characters from the comic(except Michonne I guess, who still isn't accurate but I actually like her better in the show). Tyreese was absolutely epic in the comic, why even include him if you are just going to waste the reference? The governor, god... I don't even know where to start. If you want a totally different character with a couple of small references to the comic, make a new one. The show's governor is a complete waste of time, and the longer they draw that crap out the worse it makes everyone look. This guy with no police or military training can chase a bad-ass woman who can clearly handle herself, announcing himself as he goes, and she chooses to hide scared like a teenage girl in a horror movie over and over again instead of kill him. She also gets made into a complete moron for seeing how horrible this guy was and just writing it off repeatedly. Then we have Merle, who up until the end was portrayed as someone that nobody wanted to mess with, and because a few people kicked him while he was on the ground covering up(wouldn't that just anger the Merle we've known till now?), the governor totally destroys him in hand to hand combat, disarming him and killing him without suffering a scratch. Andrea and the Governor are portrayed pretty excellently in the comics, so to see these ideas reused in a much worse way makes little sense at all. Basically, if you've read the comic, don't bother with the show anymore. The comic is intelligent, character driven, and makes sense the majority of the time. The show has become a shadow of that, and I really feel like they have no good ideas of their own anymore so they keep going back and ripping off random stuff from the comic and changing the hell out of it for some reason in between bouts of ninja zombie packs. Expand
  5. Apr 1, 2013
    What started off as an excellent undead survival series quickly went downhill as it essentially became a war between humans and less of an actually survival story. While part 1 of Series 3 kinda went down the right path, it made a left turn in part 2 and became everything that The Walking Dead is not. A slow paced, dragged out series with nothing that would draw viewers attention as aWhat started off as an excellent undead survival series quickly went downhill as it essentially became a war between humans and less of an actually survival story. While part 1 of Series 3 kinda went down the right path, it made a left turn in part 2 and became everything that The Walking Dead is not. A slow paced, dragged out series with nothing that would draw viewers attention as a whole. Eight episodes separated the initial conflict with the final conflict only to be highly disappointing. The series could have cut out episodes 10 16 and nothing would be missed. Instead it was dragged out with boring fillers, unnecessary build ups and again, almost nothing to do with zombie outbreak survival. Series 1 was great, Series 2 was great, Series 3 part 1 was good but part 2 was just an outright disappointment. And what is with Rick playing happy families at the END OF THE FINALE. The closing 3 minutes contradicts everything that Rick stood for in his role over the group. Expand
  6. Oct 15, 2012
    Seriously, best episode of the series. I am an avid TWD comic book reader and to see the prison finally real to my eyes and the intensity in Michonnes demeanor in real time is just a dream come true. The show changes up many aspects from the comic but they are ALL welcomed. I love the comics and I am so in love with the show! Just keeps getting better!!! Oh and riot gear zombies! just the best.
  7. Oct 20, 2012
    After spending some time over the summer to read the comics, this show has turned into something more to be desired. I left season 2 wondering what will happen next because the entire second season felt empty throughout the entire season, with the exception of the first few episodes and the last few (everything in the middle was boring at times). From reading the comics and seeing whatAfter spending some time over the summer to read the comics, this show has turned into something more to be desired. I left season 2 wondering what will happen next because the entire second season felt empty throughout the entire season, with the exception of the first few episodes and the last few (everything in the middle was boring at times). From reading the comics and seeing what direction the show is going I know exactly what lies ahead and I am excited. There are TONS of action, drama, and suspense for this season and I am scared at the thought of how they are going to fit it into 10-12 episodes, but I have faith they will do it justice. Fans love zombie action and this first episode did not fail to deliver. I especially loved the one SWAT zombie with the gas mask, oh to see that mask removed was both gory and exciting because that is exactly the type of zombie mess the characters in the comic have to deal with. Expand
  8. Oct 14, 2012
    Watched it early at a screening in Denver. All I can say is this season trumps over the previous two seasons, by far. Rick Grimes is way above his badass status as before and rises to a whole new monster.
  9. Oct 14, 2012
    Everything about Season 3 so far has blown seasons 1 and 2 out of the water, there's less talking, less drama, and less b*tchy women. The entire premier was atmospheric and engaging from start to finish, the prison creates a very hollow setting that is superior to that of Hershels farm and even Atlanta city.
  10. Oct 14, 2012
    Saw it at an advanced screening; absolutely incredible premiere for what i'm hoping will be a series that lives up to the high standards of the first season, and the second-half of the second season.
  11. Oct 22, 2012
    Once again... the show has found what it was missing... and I'm not only talking about a plot... I'm also talking here about... ZOMBIES...There are actually Zombies again, and it is fantastic.
  12. Oct 14, 2012
    The show is reinvented, the prison is absolutely perfect and a paradox in itself as its a enclosing institution that actually frees them. be ready for a great season fans!
  13. Oct 14, 2012
    Easily the best show on television, and the prison adds new drama. Less soap operaish and much more actions, blood, guts, and Rick committing crimes against zombies.
  14. Oct 14, 2012
    Amazing season premiere for one of the best shows on TV right now. The jump in time has added a whole new dimension to the characters, keeping us on our toes even more than before. If this premiere is any indication, this is going to be the best season yet.
  15. Oct 16, 2012
    The season premiere is really a pickup from the last season, the first 5 minutes perfectly illustrates everything we need to know about the group, without any dialogue. Should the rest of the episodes continue as such, this is going to be a great season!
  16. Nov 17, 2012
    If you've made the through the first two seasons of this show you should know what to expect by now and are used to the flaws. The Governor has finally arrived and every bit as crazy as i wanted him to be. makeup is amazing, and the artists should all be given beers. this show stretches what is decent on on non HBO channel and is worth a watch.
  17. Nov 12, 2012
    cada capitulo que acaba fica cada vez mais evidente que é uma das series mais interessantes que eu já tive o prazer de acompanhar! vale cada minuto. os personagens estão bem mais humanizados e fortes demonstrando a evolução de cada um diante do terror que virou a vida na terra! cada capitulo tem trazido cada vez mais o psicológico do grupo e decada capitulo que acaba fica cada vez mais evidente que é uma das series mais interessantes que eu já tive o prazer de acompanhar! vale cada minuto. os personagens estão bem mais humanizados e fortes demonstrando a evolução de cada um diante do terror que virou a vida na terra! cada capitulo tem trazido cada vez mais o psicológico do grupo e de cada personagem em relação a nova vida que eles tem no momento e como alguns acontecimentos podem mexer com a cabeça de cada um sem mais delongas é uma das melhores series se não a melhor, só não dei 100 por que acho que só se da nota máxima quando a uma perfeição e não é o caso. Expand
  18. Nov 22, 2012
    The Walking Dead from the get-go has been about its story telling and drama, as Robert Kirkman said himself "i wanted the Walking Dead to be about how people survive and hug and cry and sh*t. Season 3 takes what makes the Walking Dead good and mixes it up a little. Season 3 contains massive twists and turns with new characters and locations. Defiantly one of the best shows on air.
  19. Nov 30, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This season so far has been intense. i am so impressed with the writing and acting. Chandler Riggs' portrayal of a boy soldier has been epic. He's so dark and mature now. Andrew Lincoln has been and continues to be simply awesome. Norman Reedus i have no superlatives for! He's so cool! This show can only get better. 9/10 coz everyone hates mid season breaks haha Expand
  20. Jun 22, 2013
    This is an example of a good show with a lot of gore but also a good and deep plot. Zombie apocalypse is very fashion this days, and i love. The way they survived was very plausible, the way they got from place to place and finally get to a good site. The way they planted to get food and how they made it to getting food for the baby, a lot of interesting aspects in this series that cannotThis is an example of a good show with a lot of gore but also a good and deep plot. Zombie apocalypse is very fashion this days, and i love. The way they survived was very plausible, the way they got from place to place and finally get to a good site. The way they planted to get food and how they made it to getting food for the baby, a lot of interesting aspects in this series that cannot be missed like the way they used close combat and the arrows very well. Expand
  21. Dec 14, 2012
    This show has slowly been drifting away from the formula that made it such a good series to begin with. The first season was awesome. It had a perfect blend of character development, gore, suspense and a really good feeling, one that you'd associate with a zombie apocalypse, Very grim with a hint of "I don't know what the F%#K happened" suspense you shared with Rick which kept meThis show has slowly been drifting away from the formula that made it such a good series to begin with. The first season was awesome. It had a perfect blend of character development, gore, suspense and a really good feeling, one that you'd associate with a zombie apocalypse, Very grim with a hint of "I don't know what the F%#K happened" suspense you shared with Rick which kept me interested. Now, i hardly feel like i'm watching the same show. It really feels more and more like a soap opera. They took the spot light off the damn zombies! why?! Besides the occasional zombie encounter, it's filled with practically no tension. On top, they've made these zombies out to be more like obstacles rather than actual threats (walking the speed that a child crawls, goofy attacks with rare success). Give us some "28 days later" zombies please! And more of them!! Expand
  22. Dec 16, 2012
    The third season seems to revolve around the conflict between two human groups with the zombies being something of a filler, rather than the zombies being a main focus, nevertheless its still one of the best TV shows around. I do love the fact that no main character (except may be Rick) is immune to death and you are left with a feeling that anyone can be next.
  23. Feb 8, 2013
    Best show ever.. its really that simple. When I heard about this show, I thought, EH another zombie genre and didn't give it a look. After season 2 ended, it took Netflix and a boring Saturday to get me to start watching the show. After episode 3 of season 1 I was completely hooked. Not so much for the gore, but the human aspect and interactions. The dialogue is amazing. The idea ofBest show ever.. its really that simple. When I heard about this show, I thought, EH another zombie genre and didn't give it a look. After season 2 ended, it took Netflix and a boring Saturday to get me to start watching the show. After episode 3 of season 1 I was completely hooked. Not so much for the gore, but the human aspect and interactions. The dialogue is amazing. The idea of survival is so diverse and is well thought out with each character. Even when problems arise among the groups, its easy to lose sight of the bigger issue. The way the characters deal and interact with this larger issue is really what brings me back week to week. Season 3 is amazing so far and I can not wait to see what happens on the second half of that season. If you have not seen the show, i highly recommend watching as it is not what you would expect this kind of show to be. Absolutely brilliant! Expand
  24. Feb 3, 2013
    The Walking Dead is in my opinion the best show on television. The show has great character development and fantastic story arcs that will keep you on the edge of you're seat and wanting to know what is next. Season 3 adds and builds upon this with the prison story arc and with fantastic new characters such a The Governor or Michonne which change the dynamics of the show immensely.The Walking Dead is in my opinion the best show on television. The show has great character development and fantastic story arcs that will keep you on the edge of you're seat and wanting to know what is next. Season 3 adds and builds upon this with the prison story arc and with fantastic new characters such a The Governor or Michonne which change the dynamics of the show immensely.

10/10-Flawless Victory
  25. Feb 11, 2013
    This show, The Walking Dead is a masterfully well done piece of entertainment. From the acting to it's special effects it is a very captivating tale of Rick Grimes and his fight for survival. It explores themes usually left untouched, such as the darker side of humanity. It raises the question of what you, the viewer would do in such a situation. Survival of the fittest and compassion,This show, The Walking Dead is a masterfully well done piece of entertainment. From the acting to it's special effects it is a very captivating tale of Rick Grimes and his fight for survival. It explores themes usually left untouched, such as the darker side of humanity. It raises the question of what you, the viewer would do in such a situation. Survival of the fittest and compassion, what makes us human, in a constant struggle. The zombies aren't the focus, the struggles within are what is explored. The zombies only serve as a catalyst to convey this question, and sometimes the answers are not only griping, but downright horrifying. What we've got here is one of the best shows on television. With Season 3 in mind, what remains is nothing short of the first two seasons with no foreseeable intention of slowing down. Expand
  26. Feb 23, 2013
    The story development around the characters growth is great. Its so not about the blood and guts-- its about how to adapt in a new world and different challenges.
  27. Feb 24, 2013
    With such a weak second season, the third season has proved episode after episode that this is the biggest survival horror of the present and will be for years to come.
  28. Mar 22, 2013
    Zombies!! Are you kidding!! At first I thought it was a comedy plot, after a while I realized that it was not, but could not see the drama, so I goggled it and found it was a Terror TV Series!!! Those zombies scare less than a golden retriever puppy!!!
  29. Oct 15, 2013
    How many suspicious people question the Governor and then believe his delayed, fake-smiled, shifty eyed responses? How many characters KNOW what scum that guy is, had the chance to kill him, and didn't? They shoot people in the head who have died so they don't "turn"... Why does every character let this problem persist?

It's easy to spot the difference between an antagonist's luck and

It's easy to spot the difference between an antagonist's luck and really bad story telling... and I was thinking that before the Governor started shooting his own people... including the guy who was already drawn on him... with an assault rifle... for five seconds... standing there like a deer statue in headlights... truly terrible.
  30. Dec 31, 2013
    Rick was not a great leader, father or husband at all. The show would've been much better if Shane had lived instead! Every decision he made kept putting the team in jeopardy and the only thing or people he cared about was his whore wife Lauren. Shane said it b est when he said "Rick was not a great protector" so miss him!!!!!

There's still a sense that The Walking Dead is shambling along too lackadaisically. Great pulp is propulsive, ruthless. But the show's embrace of "B"-movie values is a heartening sign.
  2. Reviewed by: Willa Paskin
    Oct 12, 2012
    The Walking Dead is extremely realistic about the decayed, vast, destroyed world, and dopily idealistic about its main character.
  3. Reviewed by: Mary McNamara
    Oct 12, 2012
    If early episodes are any indication, Season 3 will provide a glorious payoff for those EST-ian weeks down on the farm.