• Network: AMC
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 31, 2010
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5
8.1

1. Oct 21, 2012
    An amazing show. Even better than the last two seasons I must say. Brilliantly shot tv show series. If it is your first time watching it would be best if you watch the last two seasons before venturing into 3rd one.
  2. Oct 7, 2013
    Now it starts to get good. It's not perfect but damn it's getting better and better. seeing characters die, zombies getting their skulls bashed in every 15 minutes and a great adversary, The Governor. It's a great show now. Can't wait for season 4 next week!
  3. Jan 7, 2013
    After completing the first half of season three, where we have a season break, I'm pleased to say that The Walking Dead continues to be the must-see TV series on cable. Few shows deliver with each episode the quality that TWD has. With it set to resume it's third season in mid-January of 2013, I can only wait anxiously to see where all these characters end up and how the whole series eventually concludes. Expand
  4. Dec 4, 2012
    They really pulled it off this time. This entire season has indeed been, as promised by the show's makers, better than the first two seasons put together. The group has been living for months on the run and has clearly been taught by Rick to protect itself, and he's now the undisputed, trusted leader. No more straggling damsels are left. Everyone has some idea how to kill zombies and has indeed had to do so. And that's just the beginning setup for the season. I don't want to say too much, so I'll just say it this way--if you gave up on the show, un-give up on it. They redeemed characters whose actions used to make me constantly facepalm (Lori, Carl) and now when there's drama, you can understand why because the dramatic choice is also the sensible one. Most of the time, the deaths feel pretty necessary when they happen instead of feeling stupid and random (like certain deaths to walkers in mid-season 2 particularly.) And seriously, them making me feel for Lori as much as I did was a freaking miracle, as I was so sick of her and ready to stop seeing the character EVER again during nearly all of season 2.

TWD is finally, truly worth watching--every episode.
  5. Apr 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I can finally talk about the 3rd Season let me tell you there are spoilers. Andrea Dying at the end was the best thing TWD could do I could not stand her. I rate this season a 9 because theres tons of big info we moved from a farm and you got big fights with a real "bad guy" instead of fighting over land and walkers the whole show. I like they added mashone she was one of my favorite characters and she beat some ass ..im also glad meryl is dead 2 for 2 now to get rid of the govener Expand
  6. Oct 27, 2012
    This series is remarkably compelling. The characterisation is surprisingly deep. For those reading who are concerned about people commenting on more action and less drama, don't worry, it's still mining a rich vein whilst simultaneously giving us peerless thriller material. It's top stuff, and the fact that Homeland needs more suspension of disbelief than a zombie show tells you a lot about both.... Expand
  7. Oct 19, 2012
    A prison, which is a scary place where no one ever wants to go, is the safest place to be in a zombie apocalypse. It's perfect. It brings a whole new dimension to the series, enhancing the dark and twisted storytelling even more. Rick, who has changed tremendously since season one, adopting part of Shane's mentality, is now a fit leader for the group, and has done a great job turning them into a bad ass S.W.A.T team. Even Carl and Beth are slicing and shooting walkers now, becoming a new generation of zombie-killing soldiers. The first five minutes of the episode really lays down a nice foundation for the rest of the episode, illustrating the urgency to survive, while not having essentials like food, water, and shelter. The kill count is significantly higher in this episode, higher then it's ever been in any other episode, on any other season. Post-Frank Darabont was a scare thought for the series, but Glen Mazzara has his own vision for the show, and as of now it's working out for him. He's done great things for 'The Walking Dead'. The last few minutes of the episode continued to prove how the show has evolved, putting Herschel in harms way is a ballsy move, and if he dies, it really goes to show that no one on this cast is safe. Making it that much more interesting to watch. If you have a character you're rooting for, which for me it's Rick and Daryl, your constantly tuning in, hoping that they are alive at the end of each episode. 'The Walking Dead' may not be a critical darling like Breaking Bad or Mad Men, but one thing remains true about the series, it's hands down the most entertaining and addictive show on TV... and the RECORD BREAKING ratings don't hurt! Expand
  8. Dec 25, 2012
    While this show may be about dead, it is very much alive. And with every new season it is only getting better. If someone can digest the gore, there won't be any regrets.
  9. Mar 20, 2014
    Probably the best season out of the first 3 seasons! I was losing hope in season 2. but the show turned around! When you cant wait till you see the next episode, that means it a good show! and this is it!
  10. Apr 6, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Okay, full review for the 3rd season of the walking dead is needed, and how happy am I that this season has actually decided to do something!
    We all have our bad memories of season 2 and-luckily!!!-we've had nothing but a reversal this time around, with the occasional downward point that has made this season the equivalent of HIMYM's 'crazy girl scale' of movement. It's been great and terrible in virtually every episode-and you know, I kinda like it now.
    It's looking like 'The Gov'ner(still lol whenever I say that) is going to be a reoccurring villain and I like that, but the one thing I'm worried about is Carl's turn down the Dark Side, he may end up being a problem for season 4,but I hope they don't go too far.
    All in all it's a great season and I'll get it as soon as it's on DVD
  11. Nov 28, 2012
    The first season of this show turned me into a fan instantly, and I started reading the comic book. The comic book is amazing, with so much content for the writers of the show to use. They blew it big time with the second season, but they've redeemed themselves by hitting a home run with the third season. They're using a lot more material from the comic book this time around and doing it perfectly! People who are not familiar with the material are in for a treat. Expand
  12. Oct 15, 2012
    Seriously, best episode of the series. I am an avid TWD comic book reader and to see the prison finally real to my eyes and the intensity in Michonnes demeanor in real time is just a dream come true. The show changes up many aspects from the comic but they are ALL welcomed. I love the comics and I am so in love with the show! Just keeps getting better!!! Oh and riot gear zombies! just the best.
  13. Oct 1, 2013
    The Walking Dead Season 3 starts off a bit after a time skip sometime after the end of Season 2. A lot has happened and many character changes have happened and will affect the overall development of the characters amongst themselves and amongst new characters. Several new characters have been added to the overall cast and bring forth a whole new view on the world of the TWD. A new feature introduced to this season is the fact that the storyline is divided between two groups of survivors. There are some episodes where they may feel like they are fillers but are essential to the character development of a already huge and growing cast of characters. Expand
  14. Jun 16, 2013
    If zombies ever existed, I want to be on these guys team. The writers and producers of the show aren't afraid to take risk just to save their best characters. When you can kill off the star queen of the show who held everybody together for comfort, as a lioness nurtures her cubs, then you know The Walking Dead is genuine.

When you can feel the character pain is authentic and it leaps
    onto you, the production co. did their job. Expand
  15. Apr 1, 2013
    Make no doubt about it, this show is propelled by the frightening, hopeless, gory world of the zombie threat, yet what drives us to come back to the Walking Dead-week after week-season after season-is the humanity that struggles to stay alive in the wonderful "live" characters we grow to admire and root for. The production values are so high-the characters and their relationships are superbly acted--the writing of each scenario is done with a master craftsman's touch-- that you are compelled to feel deeply for Rick and his group. And when a character dies like Andrea or Merle, you mourn for their loss--because of their humanity notwithstanding the zombie chaos. Kudos to all who are involved in this series because you have elevated a simple horror theme to a compelling drama we can't get enough of. Expand
  16. Oct 28, 2012
    The only show worth watching on TV is back. After the stunning season 2 Rick and the other survivors find themselves a prison that they could potentially live in however tensions with the surviving inmates and the threat of attack from the nearby town on Woodbury threaten their safety. Who will survive to see another day?
  17. Oct 31, 2012
    A great start to season 3 with the first 3 episodes. Season 2 was a bit stagnant with the whole season based on the farm but the new story lines and scenarios have really invigorated the series.
    Can't wait for episode 4.
  18. Oct 20, 2012
    After spending some time over the summer to read the comics, this show has turned into something more to be desired. I left season 2 wondering what will happen next because the entire second season felt empty throughout the entire season, with the exception of the first few episodes and the last few (everything in the middle was boring at times). From reading the comics and seeing what direction the show is going I know exactly what lies ahead and I am excited. There are TONS of action, drama, and suspense for this season and I am scared at the thought of how they are going to fit it into 10-12 episodes, but I have faith they will do it justice. Fans love zombie action and this first episode did not fail to deliver. I especially loved the one SWAT zombie with the gas mask, oh to see that mask removed was both gory and exciting because that is exactly the type of zombie mess the characters in the comic have to deal with. Expand
  19. Oct 23, 2012
    Finally Rick and the gang are back, killing zombies in a more streamlined way than ever before. all though the zombie part of the series makes it more interesting, this show is in essence the best show on TV right now that actually deals with our most basic human emotions. How do we react, and what are we willing to do to survive in an extreme environment. Is it worth surviving at any cost? Season three is off to a really good start. Expand
  20. Oct 24, 2012
    A great way to begin the thrid season. I hope they'd reveal those dirty secrets about how it all started and what is going to happen now. All the cast memebers are delivering their great performances especially Andrew Lincoln. I love his performance. There is prison, there is Michonne, there is the Governer, there are the survivors and there are the ZOMBIES. I love the Walking Dead because this series is not just a regular TV series, when you watch it, it gives you the BIG impression of mesmerizing production. Expand
  21. Nov 8, 2012
    Robert Kirkman's comic book literally come to life - no pun intended!! AMC's hit show just keeps getting batter and better, with terror that only comes from the Walkers but from the living as well!! Now with Season 3 is rolling along, we're finally introduced to the comics' best antagonist - The Governor!!! With a fast pace and smart dialogue, this series just may surpass the brilliance of the comic book series!! Expand
  22. Oct 14, 2012
    Watched it early at a screening in Denver. All I can say is this season trumps over the previous two seasons, by far. Rick Grimes is way above his badass status as before and rises to a whole new monster.
  23. Oct 14, 2012
    Everything about Season 3 so far has blown seasons 1 and 2 out of the water, there's less talking, less drama, and less b*tchy women. The entire premier was atmospheric and engaging from start to finish, the prison creates a very hollow setting that is superior to that of Hershels farm and even Atlanta city.
  24. Oct 14, 2012
    Saw it at an advanced screening; absolutely incredible premiere for what i'm hoping will be a series that lives up to the high standards of the first season, and the second-half of the second season.
  25. Oct 22, 2012
    Once again... the show has found what it was missing... and I'm not only talking about a plot... I'm also talking here about... ZOMBIES...There are actually Zombies again, and it is fantastic.
  26. Oct 14, 2012
    The show is reinvented, the prison is absolutely perfect and a paradox in itself as its a enclosing institution that actually frees them. be ready for a great season fans!
  27. Oct 14, 2012
    Easily the best show on television, and the prison adds new drama. Less soap operaish and much more actions, blood, guts, and Rick committing crimes against zombies.
  28. Oct 14, 2012
    Amazing season premiere for one of the best shows on TV right now. The jump in time has added a whole new dimension to the characters, keeping us on our toes even more than before. If this premiere is any indication, this is going to be the best season yet.
  29. Oct 16, 2012
    The season premiere is really a pickup from the last season, the first 5 minutes perfectly illustrates everything we need to know about the group, without any dialogue. Should the rest of the episodes continue as such, this is going to be a great season!
  30. Oct 27, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. So far Season 3 is living up to expectations. I cant wait for the Governor to come into the picture. I also cant wait to see how Daryl will react to Meryl being on the other side. It will be a total mind-&@#$ for him. I dont think he will leave the group though because he is too ingrained with them now as Ricks #2. Expand
  31. Nov 7, 2012
    La pesadilla zombie sigue, despues de casi un año desde que se estreno la segunda temporada, con una trama que ya me engancho, despues del final en que son perseguidos por una horda, de encontrar que hay un refugio de gente donde esta el hermano de daryl, merle, y de tantas muertes sorpresivas, solo habiendo visto 4 episodios, espero mas cosas haci.
  32. Nov 4, 2012
    Finally a series with great writers! The Walking Dead has great directors, actors and writing, I haven't seen a show that understood how to make the audience hang on every word, every breath, and always come out satisfied. If your not watching this our missing something special.
  33. Mar 26, 2013
    Simply the best show on television. The perfect blend of character development, a great story, and plenty of zombie killing (if you're into that like I am). If you're expecting just a mindless show with plenty of pointless killing this is not it, you have to love it and trust me you will.
  34. Nov 12, 2012
    cada capitulo que acaba fica cada vez mais evidente que é uma das series mais interessantes que eu já tive o prazer de acompanhar! vale cada minuto. os personagens estão bem mais humanizados e fortes demonstrando a evolução de cada um diante do terror que virou a vida na terra! cada capitulo tem trazido cada vez mais o psicológico do grupo e de cada personagem em relação a nova vida que eles tem no momento e como alguns acontecimentos podem mexer com a cabeça de cada um sem mais delongas é uma das melhores series se não a melhor, só não dei 100 por que acho que só se da nota máxima quando a uma perfeição e não é o caso. Expand
  35. Nov 22, 2012
    The Walking Dead from the get-go has been about its story telling and drama, as Robert Kirkman said himself "i wanted the Walking Dead to be about how people survive and hug and cry and sh*t. Season 3 takes what makes the Walking Dead good and mixes it up a little. Season 3 contains massive twists and turns with new characters and locations. Defiantly one of the best shows on air.
  36. Dec 11, 2012
    The best season so far. The season premiere is fantastic, but the episode 3x04 is definitely the best episode of the show, terrific, amazing acted and brilliant directed. The Walking Dead is fantastic.
  37. Nov 24, 2012
    A disgusting emotional trip, the walking dead represents ; edgy, violent and classy TV.
    i applause the characters 's psychological background work..especially rick's .
  38. Nov 24, 2012
    I haven't seen most of the series' first two series, but I found The Walking Dead to be very interesting ever since the current season's premiere. I like the drama, action and horror so far. and Rick Grimms is one of the better protagonists I've seen in recent years. Two characters you should keep an eye for are The Governor, who is proving to be an effective antagonist with a bit of humanity, and Michonne, the katana-wielding wanderer who is previously one of the featured characters in the graphic novels the series is based on. I can't wait what transpires next. Expand
  39. Nov 30, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This season so far has been intense. i am so impressed with the writing and acting. Chandler Riggs' portrayal of a boy soldier has been epic. He's so dark and mature now. Andrew Lincoln has been and continues to be simply awesome. Norman Reedus i have no superlatives for! He's so cool! This show can only get better. 9/10 coz everyone hates mid season breaks haha Expand
  40. Jun 22, 2013
    This is an example of a good show with a lot of gore but also a good and deep plot. Zombie apocalypse is very fashion this days, and i love. The way they survived was very plausible, the way they got from place to place and finally get to a good site. The way they planted to get food and how they made it to getting food for the baby, a lot of interesting aspects in this series that cannot be missed like the way they used close combat and the arrows very well. Expand
  41. Apr 27, 2013
    Started off very strongly. This season is better than previous ones in all respects. More death, danger, zombie action, moral ambiguity and human threat. The first half ended on a high note and it only got better as the season progressed. I feel that if Andrea had devolved into a ruthless queen to the Governor, and totally shunned her former friends like they did her, it would have worked better for her character and plot. At least she wouldn't have been so replaceable. After watching this show, I think I know how to handle myself in a zombie apocalypse. Expand
  42. Dec 5, 2012
    At the mid-season point, I am thoroughly anticipating what comes next. I did not mind the slow-pacing of the 2nd season as much as some people did (though I completely understand their reasons), but I find that they managed to keep the story steamrolling with plot twists while not sacrificing any of the character building. The fourth episode was some of the best, most emotionally wrenching television I have ever watched. Expand
  43. Apr 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Unlike seasons 1&2, season 3 is entirely about the interaction between humans and humans...the walkers remain gross and menacing, but the real battle for the people living in this post-apocalyptic world is how they'll survive each other. Due to some major character deaths, many potential story lines have been wasted/eliminated/avoided, the writers keep giving us quality television nonetheless. I'm hooked! You need to be watching this show. Expand
  44. Dec 14, 2012
    This has by far been my favorite season of the Walking Dead yet, with an amazing plot that has none of the slow patches that afflicted the second season. Every episode I've watched has been completely interesting, and the entire ride has been very enjoyable.
  45. Dec 14, 2012
    This mid-season has already reached a whole new level with characters interactions, it has become smarter than ever, and definitely the most thrilling season of the series.Although it hasn't reached it's maximum potential this season shows more professionalism than many other series in television and still keeping fans entertained in a whole new level.
  46. Dec 16, 2012
    The third season seems to revolve around the conflict between two human groups with the zombies being something of a filler, rather than the zombies being a main focus, nevertheless its still one of the best TV shows around. I do love the fact that no main character (except may be Rick) is immune to death and you are left with a feeling that anyone can be next.
  47. Feb 8, 2013
    Best show ever.. its really that simple. When I heard about this show, I thought, EH another zombie genre and didn't give it a look. After season 2 ended, it took Netflix and a boring Saturday to get me to start watching the show. After episode 3 of season 1 I was completely hooked. Not so much for the gore, but the human aspect and interactions. The dialogue is amazing. The idea of survival is so diverse and is well thought out with each character. Even when problems arise among the groups, its easy to lose sight of the bigger issue. The way the characters deal and interact with this larger issue is really what brings me back week to week. Season 3 is amazing so far and I can not wait to see what happens on the second half of that season. If you have not seen the show, i highly recommend watching as it is not what you would expect this kind of show to be. Absolutely brilliant! Expand
  48. Jan 13, 2013
    The negatives are so wrong on so many levels. This show is what is saving nighttime television (Dexter would to if it wasn't on showtime), IMO.
    The cast, the story, the constant suspense, the gore/graphics, EVERYTHING adds up to perfection! I am not a big television watcher, and i'm actually not that big into horror movies or shows, but i ABSOLUTELY love what they do with this one! Very
    good and i recommend to everyone i see everyday! Expand
  49. Jan 26, 2013
    Love this show. Been watching it since episode 1, and even though season two was "meh" this season definitely makes up for it. This is great television.
  50. Feb 3, 2013
    The Walking Dead is in my opinion the best show on television. The show has great character development and fantastic story arcs that will keep you on the edge of you're seat and wanting to know what is next. Season 3 adds and builds upon this with the prison story arc and with fantastic new characters such a The Governor or Michonne which change the dynamics of the show immensely.

10/10-Flawless Victory
  51. Feb 11, 2013
    This show, The Walking Dead is a masterfully well done piece of entertainment. From the acting to it's special effects it is a very captivating tale of Rick Grimes and his fight for survival. It explores themes usually left untouched, such as the darker side of humanity. It raises the question of what you, the viewer would do in such a situation. Survival of the fittest and compassion, what makes us human, in a constant struggle. The zombies aren't the focus, the struggles within are what is explored. The zombies only serve as a catalyst to convey this question, and sometimes the answers are not only griping, but downright horrifying. What we've got here is one of the best shows on television. With Season 3 in mind, what remains is nothing short of the first two seasons with no foreseeable intention of slowing down. Collapse
  52. Feb 14, 2013
    i think walking dead paves the way for horror tv for the future. its survival horror, its over the top moral dilema's. it has you thinking constantly, if i were rick what would i do better or differently (yes, we would all kill the zombies thru the chain link fence) everything is bit over the top with some great b grade moments. i love, love, love zombie movies, and for a tv show this is about as good as any Expand
  53. Nov 21, 2013
    The epic TWD returns, with more Shane. Awesome gore and dialogue! Loved this season, full of jump out scares and awesome zombie effects. Frank Darabont has done good direction this time and added a whole new A+ horror in his epic show. TWD just got better.
  54. Feb 23, 2013
    The story development around the characters growth is great. Its so not about the blood and guts-- its about how to adapt in a new world and different challenges.
  55. Feb 24, 2013
    With such a weak second season, the third season has proved episode after episode that this is the biggest survival horror of the present and will be for years to come.
  56. Nov 9, 2013
    The Walking dead is one of the greatest series i've ever seen, only Breaking Bad is on same level. Right from actors, story, drama and character development its just great! Many think that there isnt enough action but then people dont understand what the walking dead is about. This show is about people and thats happens to them in when the world goes under.
  57. Dec 1, 2013
    This 3rd season was good. The 2nd season is still better. The 4th season is bad. I have seen the first 7 episodes of the fourth season and the writers must be different. I recommend the other ones if you are starting to get into the series.
  58. Apr 7, 2013
    The setting of the show is amazing the world is coming to an end and humanity is on the verge of returning to the Stone Age and becoming an agrarian economy. Zombies are decimating the world population I mean what was not to like!
    What surprised me was how the writers of the show managed to achieve the feat of making every character so unlikeable and pedestrian and as a consequence the
    series boring. The show fails remarkably in creating a dystopia. The post-apocalyptic vision the show captures is so mundane it was a struggle for me to sit through the six episodes of Season 1. The only good bits were the terrific visual effects.
    I’m going to fast forward to Season 3 and set up a scene for you A car is zipping across what is a deserted highway, brown leaves strewn on the road, you can tell the place has seen its share of carnage. One of the occupants of the car is our Hero, Rick Grimes. As the car races across the Road a solitary young man carrying a huge backpack appears and at first frantically urges the car to stop then begs and pleads with them to take pity on him and help him. There isn’t even a discussion by the occupants whether they should stop or not they just keep going. On the way back they cross the same patch of the Road. You can see there’s fresh blood on the gravel guts sprayed across the tarmac. There’s a dead body on the road it’s the same guy who wanted to be rescued desperately. The car crosses the Dead body or what’s left of it and as if as an afterthought the driver brings the car to a halt few metres ahead and pauses, then puts the car in reverse it comes to a stop next to the back pack. Somebody picks it up and they’r on their way again. Not a word is exchanged during all this. After all what is there to be said, characters are past debating the morality of such actions self-preservation now precedes everything and even 10 year old boys do horrible things not out of malice but out of necessity. And it’s not just Zombies that Humanity has to contend with it’s the danger they pose each other too, fighting over what are now quickly depleting resources. It’s moments like these that are flat our brilliant and for once you do believe the apocalypse is upon our planet. The problem is scenes such are these aren’t too frequent and that I believe is what’s now keeping it from becoming a cinematic achievement, but the show has improved considerably since early days and I believe now finally it’s hands down the best series ever created against the backdrop of a post-apocalyptic earth. Random thought would have been great to see someone adapt ‘World War Z’ into a TV series I know it is not going to happen. The movie Trilogy will be great 6- 8 hours of entertainment nonetheless, delivered over a course of three years.
    I felt nothing for the characters in ‘The Walking Dead’ even mid-way through season 2 and stopped watching after the 5th episode. But I’m glad I gave it another chance last week (couldn’t sleep, decided I’d watch one more episode and perhaps see why the US of A was so fixated on how amazing it really was, I ended up watching right through to the end of Season 3). It gets better during the latter half of the second season and the third season is when the show finally sets out to become what is should have been in the first place a chilling tale of survival on a doomed planet (YES, I took the trouble to think real hard and come up with the most hackneyed cliché to describe it). Like me, if you hated the show early on even though you were a fan of the genre and wanted to like the show, I’d recommend you give it another shot and stay with it a while you will not be disappointed unless you don’t like Zombie genre all together, if that is the case then I doubt you’ll find any merit at all in this tale.
    I can’t wait to see where they’ll be taking it come Season 4 because NO, I don’t read comic books so I don’t know what the story has in store for us.
  59. Jun 24, 2014
    The best season for sure as we are in a new location, more deaths and twists, an awesome and deadly villain, better supporting cast and a more interesting story to along with it.
  60. Apr 17, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Man, I love the walking dead. The best episodic series on television at the moment... I loved season 1, season 2 was even better, so this had to be good and it didn't disappoint! From start to finish I was absolutely entertained and shocked by some of the out comes. There were two episodes which I thought could of been explained better for example, the sudden and abrupt meeting between The Governor and Rik, where did that come from? And there should of been better use of the character, like the man who rik gave the radio to at season 1 (forgot his name). A mixed ending as well... BUT, all in all... Pretty much flawless... 10/10 Expand
  61. Apr 12, 2013
    I was never planning on watching this series. Mostly I just don't like to watch horror. That said, this is such a good mix of drama and horror that I got hooked. Now I can't miss an episode. I think the third season was as strong as the previous two seasons and am eagerly awaiting season four.
  62. May 23, 2013
    The best season of the series, so far. Best performances more epic moments, excellent script, perhaps the only thing that disappointed me was the end.
  63. Jun 16, 2013
    There is no comparison between this season and the two before. Plot extraordinary,. Action, suspense, Drama in one tv show. Great. That's all i can say. can't wait for the next season
  64. Aug 8, 2013
    When I first heard they were turning this comic into a show, I was sure it would not get many viewers and be cancelled. The Walking Dead at heart is a story about people trying to survive, or figuring out why even survive in the first place.
    I figured most genre fans would be upset with the lack of zombies, gore and 'coolness' in general. And I thought everybody else would think it
    would be too scary gory and violent to even tune in. However, both the show and viewers surprised me, and TWD has become the most popular cable show ever.

How Andrew Lincoln has not been nominated for an Emmy is simply amazing.
  65. Sep 24, 2013
    Amazing show! It has everything a zombie apocalypse show should have! The acting is outstanding and has an amazing storyline. It has you on edge always worried about each character and what is about to happen to the group next. Some episodes have even made me cry! Amazing! I'm going to write this for all 3 season because they all truly are brilliant! No complaints!
  66. Nov 5, 2013
    Compared to the first 2 seasons, it is a little disappointing. But this time it's more gritty and sometimes a little comical in my opinion. I still can't stop watching it.

There's still a sense that The Walking Dead is shambling along too lackadaisically. Great pulp is propulsive, ruthless. But the show's embrace of "B"-movie values is a heartening sign.
  2. Reviewed by: Willa Paskin
    Oct 12, 2012
    The Walking Dead is extremely realistic about the decayed, vast, destroyed world, and dopily idealistic about its main character.
  3. Reviewed by: Mary McNamara
    Oct 12, 2012
    If early episodes are any indication, Season 3 will provide a glorious payoff for those EST-ian weeks down on the farm.