• Network: AMC
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 31, 2010
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5
7.5

1. Oct 13, 2013
    The best show on TV. Scary, dramatic, disgusting, romantic...........perfect!!!!! Don't miss it!!!!! Season 4 is gonna be amazing!!!!! Can't wait for the next episode!!!
  2. Nov 13, 2013
    Listen! I hear a foghorn: BOOOOOORRRINGGG! The money-saving formula for this show is this: 80% drawn out, concocted dialogue with inconsistent characterization, and 20% zombies (give or take a few percentage points on premieres, sweeps or finales). Basically a soap opera with zombies, only the actors and effects are good.
  3. Oct 14, 2013
    i'm still thinking this Series is totally overrated...it's always the same thing from the beggining: they get a new place,new people then fight with zombies,then someone from the group turns into zombie and finally die...and is always like that..OVERRATED show ever.
  4. Nov 19, 2013
    They did it. I didn't think it was possible, but they did it. They managed to make the show even than it already was. Horrible acting, boring plot, and a slap in the face to original source material gives this an instant 0/10. High production values are the only reason this crap is still on TV. Read the comics
  5. Oct 30, 2013
    Horrible season. The same setting, the same laziness that dragged on since the second half of season 3, no interesting concepts. It has deviated too far from the comics and has become a retarded half-brother of the superior comic books. Not worth watching anymore.
  6. Feb 16, 2014
    So far absolutely NOTHING has happened in the return of the current season.

They literally spent an entire episode just following a few of the characters (not even all of them) while they walk around all sad and depressed because they lost the prison etc etc and are all divided and presumed dead.

Seriously, this is a really really bad trend. Lately they have been sub dividing episode
    plots to draw out the season as much as possible, and now they are even dividing the characters into their own episodes, last time with Carl Rick and Michone and next time with the others.

Honestly, they need to pick up the pace and start making sense with the plot again because right now it's just turning into yet another episodic snooze fest.
  7. Oct 14, 2013
    Definitely the strongest series opening presented by The Walking Dead so far, probably down to the episode being written by Scott M. Gimple, who has arguably written the best episodes of the show ('Clear' and '18 Miles Out' being fantastic examples). I was surprised to find it with an 87 rating on Metacritic on Friday, but now I have seen the episode I am even more surprised that the rating has dipped to 77. Absolutely fantastic. Expand
  8. Oct 14, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. [Please Note: I am not a professional reviewer, my opinion does not dominate yours in any way. This is just my opinion and my review. Please also note that this may contain spoilers for anyone who has not seen episode 401 of TWD, you have been warned]

Getting sick of all the hate for the show. Yes there are better shows. But the season just started, and there are many new unanswered questions that are keeping me on the edge of my seat waiting for the answers. The first episode showed us some of the changes to the prison, introduced new characters. To many this can seem kind of slow, but it didn't bother me any. When Rick was talking to the creepy lady in the forrest I do admit that it wasn't the brightest part of the episode. But it showed us how some people are living this far into the ZA. When it got to the Big Spot scene, it really kept me on the edge. The scene involved walkers falling through the roof, a new character being stuck, and eventually the death of another different new character. Which surprisingly his death gave me a chill, maybe it was because we haven't seen a good walker death scene in awhile, or maybe it was the combination of the chaos and how fast they killed him. Either way I found it pretty good. Then the death of Patrick alone increased my anticipation for the next episode and the desire to find out whats going on.

This episode hit 16.1 million viewers, which I agree that quality always beats quanity. But the show is entertaining to alot of people. And if they can find joy in it, then why are people so harsh to bring it down? Its like no one has anything better to do than bash other TV shows. I know it is a review website, but "critics" need to give it an actual review instead of saying "the series is so overrated so Im gonna give it lowest score" Seriously? Just cause something is popular and overated doesn't make it terrible. There are plotholes, just like in every TV series and every Movie (some more than others). But if your gonna just watch the show to scan for plotholes instead of actually enjoy the show, then just don't watch it in fact don't watch any show because you will just ruin it for yourself.

To wrap up my statement, this is just my opinion. The best way to decide if you like the new season or not is by watching it yourself, not by reading a review. Thank you for the time to read this! Whether you agree with me or not, thats is ok with me! Take care, and have a wonderful day!
  9. Oct 14, 2013
    After leaving season 3 on a not so-high-note, The Walking Dead season 4 premiere was nothing spectacular but still managed to interest me to where the show is going from here. When a video game adaptation of a show/comic book is 10x better than the show then there is likely a problem.
  10. Oct 13, 2013
    Season 4 is off to a great start! Like any episode of TWD that can be considered great, there's a great balance between zombie action and characterization. The pacing was very good and I never felt like the episode was moving too slow or fast. You can tell season 4 has a bigger budget, given how improved the gore and overall effects look compared to past seasons. Seriously, how killer was that grocery story sequence? I was very satisfied overall with the premiere and I can't wait to see what's next! Expand
  11. Oct 14, 2013
    This show continues to head downhill at an astonishing pace. This episode, like the season finale before it, was a complete waste of time. The directors and producers of this show have absolutely zero idea on how to deliver drama and suspense. Giving this episode a 1 is being overly generous.
  12. Oct 13, 2013
    The biggest problem with this show has been the inconsistent writing, lack of a clear direction, and head scratching character decisions & motivations (Andrea's arc/Laurie's arc /Glenn in well/etc). What this show gets right is the macabre Zombie wipes/kills. It's a shame that this is the second straight season in which the group starts in the same exact location (the prison). Story progression is a concern. It would be beneficial if the writers put the team on a goal of finding a solution to the epidemic instead of settling for the status quo. Expand
  13. Nov 12, 2013
    Loved the first three seasons, hate this one. It's a fricking snooze fest so far (ep5) it's like zombie hospital emulator. Some action please. Some plot development. Rick must nut up!
  14. Dec 1, 2013
    The first 3 seasons were incredible. The 4th season is bad. Terrible shame on the writers for ruining this series. I suggest skip watching season 4 and wait for 5. "Man i loved this show. So disapointing."
  15. Nov 2, 2013
    I think having read the comics ruined any hope for me of liking this series. TWD just isn't making a good adaption to film. I can see its appeal, and can also see why people like it if they haven't read the comics. When you compare the two though the TV series is left in the dust over how good the comics are.
  16. Oct 15, 2013
    LOL, as user below me said "best show on TV." That's without a doubt. I didn't think they'd go beyond the first season at first but it's definitely turned out to be more promising than some of "best" shows like Dexter and Breaking Bad. More suspense and GORE. I like the GORE. A lot.
  17. Nov 1, 2013
    I have loved every minute of seasons 1 through 3. The fresh overall concept had me hooked from the minute Rick Grimes crawled into the tank in Season 1. Season 4's first 3 episodes have left me feeling kinda "...meh" in relation to the previous season's offerings.

Maybe I'm done with the prison, maybe I'm not ready to accept Rick being a passive follower, and maybe there are just too
    many characters to follow.

Yes, it's all of those, but they all pale in comparison to the biggest problem I see: the virus. A show as viscerally, violently entertaining as this CANNOT resort to a virus as its menacing threat. It is just too boring... Many people complained about the farm in season 2, and its slower paced storytelling, but this is lurching along so slowly that they'll need 10 episodes to move past with it....too long..
    I LOVE story lines that make you think, but the virus is about as played out a notion as there can be. It's been done to .....well, to death. I hope they move out, and on to wilder, scarier things. I've always thought that the things humans do to each other is far scarier than anything mother nature and/or a virus could do.
  18. Nov 11, 2013
    This show has been a bit of a snoozefest this season, it was always a slower paced show but it definitely needs something different and exciting.

The story just continues with the same characters who continue to live in the prison and fight zombies. It's getting stale and the thrill of fighting the zombies isn't there anymore because they are always hanging around the prison, it was
    better when they were suddenly "surprised" by them.

Another thing which is disappointing is that they are so loyal to the characters now so they have added 30 new characters which we don't know much about but they are either getting killed or sick so when they kill them off I don't see why we would even care for a character we have been introduced to for 15 minutes.

I don't know what this show will pick up because I have just lost interest but will continue to be loyal in watching it, just because I have come this far in. There are so many better shows out there at this point so it's disappointing.

I hope the governor doesn't return and I was very disappointed they didn't kill him off because the character was really terrible and they should have a new villain, keeping him as a villain again seems like a cheap way to write the story.

Anyways, here's to crossing our fingers for more excitement in this show!
  19. Nov 11, 2013
    I don't understand all the positive reviews. I understand season 1 was awesome, and the pilot was one of the best pilots ever. Season 2 dragged but was watchable and seeing the kid come from the barn was amazing. Season 3, started off ok and then episodes 3 through 8 had me on the edge of my seat the whole time. Episode 9 through the end of season 3 got worse with each episode and more disappointed. The whole drama with Andrea dying was made out to be so huge, when I could have cared less. Also the gov killing his people was just dumb.

Now, I have stopped watching Walking Dead. This makes me sad as I loved this show. It is just horrible and unwatchable. Nothing happens at all and people sit around and talk about things no one cares about. I never thought this show would be boring but it is. The zombies are not scary at all because we know they cannot kill any main characters which is the exact opposite of how the show started.

Sad to lose one of the best shows on TV, but I'm moving on.
  20. Nov 23, 2013
    This show has slowly developed into one of the three or four best shows on TV these days, which is saying a lot in this new Golden Age. The writing has gotten smarter and wiser with each new episode, the acting has settled into mostly solid with smatterings of excellence, and the character development is top notch. None of the parts, though, really accounts for the sum, which is absolutely great. It is probably the Governor who puts this over the top here, an excellent character played to pitch perfection by David Morrissey. ...Hands up if you knew he was actually British. Expand
  21. Nov 26, 2013
    This show gets progressively worse every season. Season 4 is just a re-hash of season 3. "Oh no, its the Governor... again! This time he's got another group of survivors to assault the prison... again. Wow! Didn't see that coming!" Honestly, it is like having your death star blown up by a group of teenagers, so you decide to make the same mistake, but this time with a bigger death star (now they have a tank from Vietnam oooOOOOoooo with the same disastrous results). Season 4 is so bad, it is as if another writers' strike is in progress. Honestly, it is most likely just excessive meddling by AMC executives with the storyline, as we've seen with season 2. This show is ridiculously unrealistic yes, I know, ignoring the zombies it is clear that the show creators have no idea how guns actually work. For example, in Season 3, Glenn and Maggie somehow manage to miss a group of people assaulting the prison, who are lined up in an alley way, while in a guard tower. Add to the fact that bullets are stopped by plywood, filing cabinets and tables... right. This show is low budget, predictable, boring and frankly insulting to anyone with an iota of common sense. But hey the people giving this show high ratings speak for themselves. They are the ignorant masses who eat up this garbage like mindless zombies. Oh yeah, I also hate the split seasons a pathetic way to try and keep interesting going year round. Really just a giant finger from the AMC executives to their sycophantic fans. Expand
  22. Nov 21, 2013
    I was waiting for something more from season 4. I didn't really enjoyed season 3 and all that governor storyline and now he's back again this season. boring! I don't get why the ratings are so high neither, season 1 and 2 the best seasons so far: more suspense/mistery and less useless shooting around.
  23. Oct 14, 2013
    While the first 10 minutes or so had some atrocious dialogue and acting, it improved as it went on and made for a decent episode of a show with bi-polar quality.
  24. Dec 3, 2013
    If you've not seen the half season finale, I will not spoil it by stating who lives or dies, but my biggest complaint is the inability of some to hit the broadside of a barn with heavy artilery, so to speak. And the amazing bullet stopping ability of certain office furniture (the magic file cabinet, table,etc.). Other than that, a fine resolution for the first half.
  25. Nov 2, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This show has lost steam so far in season 4. The story has gotten slow and it feels like the writers are reaching for story lines. The initial draw is all but gone. How many times is Rick going to go crazy? The new characters they are trying to introduce are boring and don't really stand out in anyway. What is the end game? They have already veered so far away from the graphic novel and now it feels like it just drags on and on. Expand
  26. Nov 15, 2013
    This season of the walking dead isn't at all what I had expected. The episodes aren't at all entertaining this season. It's better to just drop the walking dead and stop watching this series the first seasons were good but now I just think it's a little too much for this show to keep going. This show has lost all it's potential. And nothing can save this show. My rating is 3/4. I'm starting to drop this show. Expand
  27. Nov 19, 2013
    Loved seasons 1-3, unexpected thrills and excitement well blended with likable characters. Each season the characters developed consistently and the Governor came on as a true sociopath...making him an ideal villan. Now with this new writer all we see are ridiculous character changes...Rick farming and this twisted deal with Carol, Daryl has lost his emotional charm, Michonne hasn't had any of her supreme bad-ass female warrior moments, Beth is someone all together different.....now the Govenor is getting soft? HUH!!!!!! No consistency with the plot from show to show, it has become a mess. Why is 14 year old Carl shooting at walkers and working while all the Woodbury people,{ except Tyrese and Sasha,} sit around and do not contribute...all they have done all season 4 is let everybody else pull their weight around. Now their sneezing all over poor old Hershal. Really? I stay away from my grandma when I am sick out of respect for her well being. Very unlikable Woodbury people. Poor Glen. PLEASE bring the last writer back to clean up the horibble mess this season has become! Expand
  28. Dec 11, 2013
    Terrible. Coming from a former big time Walking Dead fan, S4 has been terrible so far. Killing off characters that take up 2 episodes of the season is wasteful. For an action show, there was no action until the final episode. The flu and the Governor coming back to the season, should not take up half the season. The creators of The Walking Dead hold on to things too much. The episodes with the flu and the Governor, I walked out on them. Then when I came back for the final episode, nothing was different. The 1 point for you is for having somewhat of an interesting final episode. The only reason that The Walking Dead is still around is because of it being a trend that is bringing in new people that have no mind and taking away all the true fans from the start. Get your together. Expand
  29. Jan 20, 2014
    The Walking Dead first premiered on Halloween. The show is not that scary. At times, there is graphic language. Every episode has a twist at the end. It's a good show. It's not only horrific, but it has action and adventure. zombies!
  30. Mar 15, 2014
    Brothers and sisters, I feel your season 4 pain. In the midst of this this golden age of TV, its rare that a show with this kind of cache disappoints on nearly every level.

Fans have a right to feel insulted--its obvious that the show's producers feel we will watch no matter what, and they are just shooting for a massive volume of episodes. I'm thinking like endless Star Trek
    spinoffs, Stargate, 7 terrible X files seasons. Thats the territory ahead.

If that doesn't make you want to gouge your own eyes out with a crossbow bolt, then by all means, keep watching.

1. Reviewed by: Emily Nussbaum
    Jan 3, 2014
    The Walking Dead might have been one of [the ambitious modern horror series], using a grotesque story to go deep, letting grief and repulsion rile and unsettle us. Instead, it stumbles forward, disguised as prestige TV but devoid of a soul.
  2. Reviewed by: Tim Goodman
    Oct 14, 2013
    If the first two episodes are any indication, not only is the series not missing a beat, it's actually growing into itself to allow new storytelling possibilitie
  3. Reviewed by: Mike Hale
    Oct 11, 2013
    The challenge with any extended zombie narrative is striking the right balance between gut-munching action and undergraduate philosophy seminar, and the first two episodes this season are pretty talky.