• Network: AMC
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 31, 2010
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5
7.1

1. Oct 13, 2013
    The best show on TV. Scary, dramatic, disgusting, romantic...........perfect!!!!! Don't miss it!!!!! Season 4 is gonna be amazing!!!!! Can't wait for the next episode!!!
  2. Dec 1, 2013
    The first 3 seasons were incredible. The 4th season is bad. Terrible shame on the writers for ruining this series. I suggest skip watching season 4 and wait for 5. "Man i loved this show. So disapointing."
  3. Nov 26, 2013
    This show gets progressively worse every season. Season 4 is just a re-hash of season 3. "Oh no, its the Governor... again! This time he's got another group of survivors to assault the prison... again. Wow! Didn't see that coming!" Honestly, it is like having your death star blown up by a group of teenagers, so you decide to make the same mistake, but this time with a bigger death starThis show gets progressively worse every season. Season 4 is just a re-hash of season 3. "Oh no, its the Governor... again! This time he's got another group of survivors to assault the prison... again. Wow! Didn't see that coming!" Honestly, it is like having your death star blown up by a group of teenagers, so you decide to make the same mistake, but this time with a bigger death star (now they have a tank from Vietnam oooOOOOoooo with the same disastrous results). Season 4 is so bad, it is as if another writers' strike is in progress. Honestly, it is most likely just excessive meddling by AMC executives with the storyline, as we've seen with season 2. This show is ridiculously unrealistic yes, I know, ignoring the zombies it is clear that the show creators have no idea how guns actually work. For example, in Season 3, Glenn and Maggie somehow manage to miss a group of people assaulting the prison, who are lined up in an alley way, while in a guard tower. Add to the fact that bullets are stopped by plywood, filing cabinets and tables... right. This show is low budget, predictable, boring and frankly insulting to anyone with an iota of common sense. But hey the people giving this show high ratings speak for themselves. They are the ignorant masses who eat up this garbage like mindless zombies. Oh yeah, I also hate the split seasons a pathetic way to try and keep interesting going year round. Really just a giant finger from the AMC executives to their sycophantic fans. Expand
  4. Nov 2, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This show has lost steam so far in season 4. The story has gotten slow and it feels like the writers are reaching for story lines. The initial draw is all but gone. How many times is Rick going to go crazy? The new characters they are trying to introduce are boring and don't really stand out in anyway. What is the end game? They have already veered so far away from the graphic novel and now it feels like it just drags on and on. Expand
  5. Dec 12, 2013
    I wonder, who is being more realistic, the people giving this season a 10 or the middling scores? The early seasons rose above an otherwise absurd storyline, but now that we're down to the 3rd tier showrunner the only thing consistent is the gore.
  6. Nov 19, 2013
    Loved seasons 1-3, unexpected thrills and excitement well blended with likable characters. Each season the characters developed consistently and the Governor came on as a true sociopath...making him an ideal villan. Now with this new writer all we see are ridiculous character changes...Rick farming and this twisted deal with Carol, Daryl has lost his emotional charm, Michonne hasn't hadLoved seasons 1-3, unexpected thrills and excitement well blended with likable characters. Each season the characters developed consistently and the Governor came on as a true sociopath...making him an ideal villan. Now with this new writer all we see are ridiculous character changes...Rick farming and this twisted deal with Carol, Daryl has lost his emotional charm, Michonne hasn't had any of her supreme bad-ass female warrior moments, Beth is someone all together different.....now the Govenor is getting soft? HUH!!!!!! No consistency with the plot from show to show, it has become a mess. Why is 14 year old Carl shooting at walkers and working while all the Woodbury people,{ except Tyrese and Sasha,} sit around and do not contribute...all they have done all season 4 is let everybody else pull their weight around. Now their sneezing all over poor old Hershal. Really? I stay away from my grandma when I am sick out of respect for her well being. Very unlikable Woodbury people. Poor Glen. PLEASE bring the last writer back to clean up the horibble mess this season has become! Expand
  7. Dec 17, 2013
    Season 4 is weak. We are back to second-part-of-season-1 level of weakness. Must be because they fired the show runner and replaced him with an inexperienced writer. The plot holes have never been so big, forget about logic and consistency. It basically feels like a cheap slasher, or a soap opera. Only the last episode was decent (no spoiler).
  8. May 3, 2014
    Plodding and dull, Season 4 marks the beginning of the end for the Walking Dead. To give an example, episode 11 contains a scene where Carl describing his dislike of soy based products. While better shows have been cancelled, I imagine another series will be commissioned. However, if it retains the lack of quality, it shan't be worth watching
  9. Feb 14, 2014
    This show is so over-hyped it's beyond belief. I'm not saying this to provide a flippant and controversial reactionary counter view to the legions of die hard Walking Dead fans - most who I get the impression feel this show is completely devoid of fair criticism - it's just poor in my humble opinion. The reason why I feel largely underwhelmed throughout the whole time whilst watching thisThis show is so over-hyped it's beyond belief. I'm not saying this to provide a flippant and controversial reactionary counter view to the legions of die hard Walking Dead fans - most who I get the impression feel this show is completely devoid of fair criticism - it's just poor in my humble opinion. The reason why I feel largely underwhelmed throughout the whole time whilst watching this series, comes down to a variety of different aspects, including the mediocre cast (No coincidence AMC cut the budget massively when they realized they would have a mass audience for the show, funding or no...hmm) who in my mind fail to offer a true depiction of the charismatic characters in the fantastic graphic-novel series by Robert Kirkman and Charlie Adlard.

It isn't all negatives though. There are certainly some shining lights in the series, such as Andrew Lincoln who portrays the lead 'Rick Grimes' in the show, who actually manages to do a decent job at playing a troubled family man with the weight of the world on his shoulders and Daryl the debutante in the TV series is also an interesting character. The rest of the cast however come across as empty-headed robots who seem incapable of doing anything by themselves without being given permission first. Occasionally one or two do pluck up the courage and kill the odd zombie or two but 99% of the time they end up dying in a humorously idiotic and preventable way as a result. This seems like folly on the writers behalf who will once in a while throw a spanner in the works and spoon feeding us this forced drama which almost never seems coherent staying in line with the overall narrative.

I could go on about how the The Guv'nor is about as scary as the Cookie Monster, how the writers of the show failed to accurately capture the drama of the group inside the prison (as it did in the comics) and how series 2 up until the last few episodes nothing of interest particularly happened. I've watched up to series 4 and it's failed to grip me once. Heed my advice and read the novels first or play the beautifully crafted Telltale game series which managed to offer a much more gripping and memorable story in a 5 hour interactive episodic game than this did in x10's that.
  10. May 1, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I have long loved zombie movies, and have been willing to suspend my disbelief about how they can live without air, without a heart, without food, etc. A drawn-out TV show makes it even harder to swallow as their ordeal has been going on for years apparently and there is no slowdown in the quantity or quality of zombies coming out of the woodwork at just the most cliche moment. This show has never been one of my favorites, but Season 4 is kinda unbelievably bad in my opinion. It really seems like they know that they can pass off any bad writing just as long as they bring on some zombie mayhem every 15 minutes or so. The ‘season final’ was especially lame and very disappointing to watch the idiotic premise unfold with such ludicrous staging. Over and over again bad guys can just sneak right within 1 foot of our heroes when they are out in open land. Of course the camera is always in close range when this happens, but how could our esteemed heroes allow this to happen? And a couple of episodes earlier, in one of the absolutely dumbest of the season, Maggie decides to sleep between a couple of dead people outside on the street that just happens to be right outside the warehouse that Sasha wants to hole up in? And just then Sasha causes a freakin huge window to fall down two stories and smash, waking up Maggie? WTF? Apparently Maggie ‘knew’ that Sasha would look for a warehouse like that one so she took a nap outside on the street between some dead people? Of course when Maggie awakes suddenly from the noise it also riles up hoards of zombies where just moments before there seemed to be none. I know TV has no high bar to jump, but even Bonanza was better than this. Expand
  11. Oct 11, 2014
    Crappy, campy and predictable acting and story make this show so bad that it is one of the biggest internet jokes running now. This is also the show I use to judge review sites on. When something this notoriously bad gets good reviews on a site it tends to tell me the site itself isn't one to take seriously either.
  12. Feb 20, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Season 4 of the Walking Dead has been the most difficult season to get my head around so far; on first viewing of each episode there was a real sense that the safety of the prison meant that there was a lack of urgency and threat especially since the Governor was nowhere to be seen at first. As the epidemic story began it almost felt like a desperate attempt to introduce some sort of threat until the Governor returned for episode 6 where the story established in season 3 would finally come to ahead. After re-watching the season during the mid-season break, it surprised me that, with hindsight, actually there was a lot more to this season that met the eye. There was a lot more content there than I had originally seen, thematically it was coherent, relevant throughout and also a natural follow on from the previous seasons key theme. I also found myself being drawn to characters that I hadn't originally considered such as Bob, Tyreese and Michonne. The mid-season finale 'Too Far Gone' is truly the epic battle I was hoping for and the excellent David Morrissey and Scott Wilson get the exits they both deserve. On repeat, I've found that season 4 has gone higher up in my estimations and I've been impressed with both 'After' and 'Inmates' so far leaving me with hope that unlike season 3, season 4 won't lose momentum and just keep going. Expand
  13. Mar 31, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Oh, how have the mighty have fallen.

Okay, fans seem to be hugely dramatic about how their favourite show is a shell of its former self after Season 4. For me, the shift hasn't been nearly as dramatic as I implied above. Case to point: the original six episodes where almost universally considered great, and I definitely agree. The next Season pulled the intensity back a hell of a lot, and gave us little else besides character development that wasn't interesting 100% of the time. After a promising, start, Season 3 fell apart after its mid-Season.

Sound familiar? It should, sense this Season follows an awfully similar structure found in the last two Seasons. The result is a Season that is far from bad, but can simultaneously be passed off as barely good. This was an uneven outing, to say the least.

If you haven't bought into any of the characters by now, my god would this Season have been boring for you. After the mid Season finale, there's a whole lot of characters doing nothing. Even as someone who bought into the characters previously, I was surprised that the plodding pace caused me to even lose interest in the fan-favourite Glenn and Maggie pairing. This really proves that pacing can be a lot, and never since Season 2 has the show stumbled so spectacularly in this department.

And I mean yeah, the outbreak at the prison was initially interesting but look at it now. The best character driven plot DID come from this (Carol and Tyreese) but what was the point of all those other episodes? Really, it just seemed to happen to give Hershel one last good deed under his belt. Aren't there better ways to illustrate this rather than taking a huge stride only to back up again? For a show whose themes are all about the grim fact that we can't walk away from our previous actions, the writers sure seem to be lacking a sense of consequence.

If it weren't for three key episodes, this Season could be written off as even less of an achievement. When I say I show like The Wire rewards your patience, it's a compliment, given how complex and satisfying it is. The Walking Dead, meanwhile, often overestimates the power of their characters, and randomly throws in intense moments to put us on the edge of our seats. However, TWD has done this too many damn times for it to be effective any more. The main strength of the show is knowing that anyone could die at any time, yet it now feels superfluous when someone gets close to being bitten. It's never more frustrating to watch than it is in that zombie-Rick fake-out in "After". If you think that scene was heart-pounding, you haven't been watching either the show or TV in general for too long, or fail to analyse it with any sort of detail whatsoever. It's a cheap trick that happens in various degrees throughout the Season. The rest sometimes don't feel as vital as Rick, but it seems like The Walking Dead doesn't have the guts to show the main characters bite the dust.

After Hershel died in "Too Far Gone", the show felt like it took enough of a risk and oversold how sad the audience would be. Hershel was a nice dude but let's face it: did anybody riot over his death? But I have to give the show credit for raw violence of the scene. How many shows would dispatch one of their mainstays in such a brutal fashion? "Too Far Gone" also remains a highlight thanks to its balls-to-the-walls intensity that was sorely lacking after the huge event.

I also have to give credit to "The Grove" for being bold. It was a huge breath of fresh air, and it probably takes the cake for the best episode of the Season. I mean wow. Lizzie is crazy. And doesn't this give us major questions about the true nature of the walkers? Maybe they're more than mindless beings in human form. This episode also gave us progress on the Carol and Tyreese drama.

The final episode, "A", was an effective finale. It makes me hope for a big improvement in Season 5. "They're skrewing with the wrong people" reeks of cheese, but otherwise, the episode gave us closure on Rick's long journey. I'm not convinced we're done with him yet, but for the first time, he proves that he can be a leader and do what it takes to survive... even if that means biting out a dude's carotid artery.

Nevertheless, even my favourite episodes of the Season can be deconstructed critically (except "The Groove, in my opinion). Why did we wait until now for the governor's attack? Why have two pointless episodes building up to it? And how come such a depressing show opts to kill no one important in even the Season finale? The Walking Dead remains as one of those shows were every cent of production shows up on screen, but I'm not convinced the show will be able to survive on a long-term basis.

The writers want us to think if the characters can come back from what they've done in the past. Perhaps the better question is whether or not the writers can come back and save a show that seems destined for mediocrity.
  14. Mar 17, 2014
    This is obvious just my opinion based on the fact that i do like the series... Being a Romero Living Dead fan, this is the best Show ongoing now! The best post apocalyptic scenario, the best drama!
    For those that do read the comic book since 2008 like me, know that Robert Kirkman makes us get attached to a characters and then kills it... In the TV series, some of them don't die or live the some way.
    The medium is different, so the series as a more vivid twist and putts a smile on those that by reading the comic think that they know how it will happen.
    The point is, its completely different and completely the same... And that is good!

This is a series that looks like a movie in production. The acting isn't always brilliant, but is compelling and believable. Some low points are acceptable considering that is a ongoing series that sometimes as to fill the "meanwhiles" of the stories that matter!

Its a complete entertaining show of emotions, that delivers what was started in the George Romero 1967 movie. The irony and sarcasm of the human relations of those living in a phobic community of some apocalyptic scenario!

The secret of the series is the dramatization of the behavior of people in groups, with the effects of social relations and motivations interacting with and against their individual needs...
    As long the show stays true to that... I will always love it, and rated 10!
  15. Dec 4, 2013
    Cómo la web me pide un mínimo de 150 caracteres, y necesito hacer el review para poder tenerla archivada en mi perfil, pues suelto este rollo o o y mi votación es de 7. Un saludo.
  16. Feb 17, 2014
    The show has evolved from emotional and action packed to plodding and dull. Has anything of any consequence even happened since the mid-season finale? I think not. The last several episodes consisted of perhaps a page of dialogue in total, along with a lot of walking around and killing zombies in the woods. They are definitely padding it out here to fill the season. Hopefully it will pickThe show has evolved from emotional and action packed to plodding and dull. Has anything of any consequence even happened since the mid-season finale? I think not. The last several episodes consisted of perhaps a page of dialogue in total, along with a lot of walking around and killing zombies in the woods. They are definitely padding it out here to fill the season. Hopefully it will pick up again in later episodes. Expand
  17. Nov 21, 2013
    I was waiting for something more from season 4. I didn't really enjoyed season 3 and all that governor storyline and now he's back again this season. boring! I don't get why the ratings are so high neither, season 1 and 2 the best seasons so far: more suspense/mistery and less useless shooting around.
  18. Nov 2, 2013
    I think having read the comics ruined any hope for me of liking this series. TWD just isn't making a good adaption to film. I can see its appeal, and can also see why people like it if they haven't read the comics. When you compare the two though the TV series is left in the dust over how good the comics are.
  19. Oct 14, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. [Please Note: I am not a professional reviewer, my opinion does not dominate yours in any way. This is just my opinion and my review. Please also note that this may contain spoilers for anyone who has not seen episode 401 of TWD, you have been warned]

Getting sick of all the hate for the show. Yes there are better shows. But the season just started, and there are many new unanswered questions that are keeping me on the edge of my seat waiting for the answers. The first episode showed us some of the changes to the prison, introduced new characters. To many this can seem kind of slow, but it didn't bother me any. When Rick was talking to the creepy lady in the forrest I do admit that it wasn't the brightest part of the episode. But it showed us how some people are living this far into the ZA. When it got to the Big Spot scene, it really kept me on the edge. The scene involved walkers falling through the roof, a new character being stuck, and eventually the death of another different new character. Which surprisingly his death gave me a chill, maybe it was because we haven't seen a good walker death scene in awhile, or maybe it was the combination of the chaos and how fast they killed him. Either way I found it pretty good. Then the death of Patrick alone increased my anticipation for the next episode and the desire to find out whats going on.

This episode hit 16.1 million viewers, which I agree that quality always beats quanity. But the show is entertaining to alot of people. And if they can find joy in it, then why are people so harsh to bring it down? Its like no one has anything better to do than bash other TV shows. I know it is a review website, but "critics" need to give it an actual review instead of saying "the series is so overrated so Im gonna give it lowest score" Seriously? Just cause something is popular and overated doesn't make it terrible. There are plotholes, just like in every TV series and every Movie (some more than others). But if your gonna just watch the show to scan for plotholes instead of actually enjoy the show, then just don't watch it in fact don't watch any show because you will just ruin it for yourself.

To wrap up my statement, this is just my opinion. The best way to decide if you like the new season or not is by watching it yourself, not by reading a review. Thank you for the time to read this! Whether you agree with me or not, thats is ok with me! Take care, and have a wonderful day!
  20. Nov 11, 2013
    I don't understand all the positive reviews. I understand season 1 was awesome, and the pilot was one of the best pilots ever. Season 2 dragged but was watchable and seeing the kid come from the barn was amazing. Season 3, started off ok and then episodes 3 through 8 had me on the edge of my seat the whole time. Episode 9 through the end of season 3 got worse with each episode and moreI don't understand all the positive reviews. I understand season 1 was awesome, and the pilot was one of the best pilots ever. Season 2 dragged but was watchable and seeing the kid come from the barn was amazing. Season 3, started off ok and then episodes 3 through 8 had me on the edge of my seat the whole time. Episode 9 through the end of season 3 got worse with each episode and more disappointed. The whole drama with Andrea dying was made out to be so huge, when I could have cared less. Also the gov killing his people was just dumb.

Now, I have stopped watching Walking Dead. This makes me sad as I loved this show. It is just horrible and unwatchable. Nothing happens at all and people sit around and talk about things no one cares about. I never thought this show would be boring but it is. The zombies are not scary at all because we know they cannot kill any main characters which is the exact opposite of how the show started.

Sad to lose one of the best shows on TV, but I'm moving on.
  21. Nov 15, 2013
    This season of the walking dead isn't at all what I had expected. The episodes aren't at all entertaining this season. It's better to just drop the walking dead and stop watching this series the first seasons were good but now I just think it's a little too much for this show to keep going. This show has lost all it's potential. And nothing can save this show. My rating is 3/4. I'mThis season of the walking dead isn't at all what I had expected. The episodes aren't at all entertaining this season. It's better to just drop the walking dead and stop watching this series the first seasons were good but now I just think it's a little too much for this show to keep going. This show has lost all it's potential. And nothing can save this show. My rating is 3/4. I'm starting to drop this show. Expand
  22. Dec 11, 2013
    Terrible. Coming from a former big time Walking Dead fan, S4 has been terrible so far. Killing off characters that take up 2 episodes of the season is wasteful. For an action show, there was no action until the final episode. The flu and the Governor coming back to the season, should not take up half the season. The creators of The Walking Dead hold on to things too much. The episodes withTerrible. Coming from a former big time Walking Dead fan, S4 has been terrible so far. Killing off characters that take up 2 episodes of the season is wasteful. For an action show, there was no action until the final episode. The flu and the Governor coming back to the season, should not take up half the season. The creators of The Walking Dead hold on to things too much. The episodes with the flu and the Governor, I walked out on them. Then when I came back for the final episode, nothing was different. The 1 point for you is for having somewhat of an interesting final episode. The only reason that The Walking Dead is still around is because of it being a trend that is bringing in new people that have no mind and taking away all the true fans from the start. Get your together. Expand
  23. Oct 30, 2013
    Horrible season. The same setting, the same laziness that dragged on since the second half of season 3, no interesting concepts. It has deviated too far from the comics and has become a retarded half-brother of the superior comic books. Not worth watching anymore.
  24. Feb 16, 2014
    So far absolutely NOTHING has happened in the return of the current season.

They literally spent an entire episode just following a few of the characters (not even all of them) while they walk around all sad and depressed because they lost the prison etc etc and are all divided and presumed dead. Seriously, this is a really really bad trend. Lately they have been sub dividing episode
    So far absolutely NOTHING has happened in the return of the current season.

Seriously, this is a really really bad trend. Lately they have been sub dividing episode plots to draw out the season as much as possible, and now they are even dividing the characters into their own episodes, last time with Carl Rick and Michone and next time with the others.

Honestly, they need to pick up the pace and start making sense with the plot again because right now it's just turning into yet another episodic snooze fest.
  25. Feb 3, 2014
    The first season was brilliant.
    The second season was good.
    The third season had its moments, although few and far between. The fourth season is outright bad. If I remember correctly, the writing staff was pretty much replaced and to telling effect. The story arc is overblown and boring and just seems to ponder along. There isn't enough plot to fill up the 45 minute episodes. I'm just
    The first season was brilliant.
    The second season was good.
    The third season had its moments, although few and far between.
    The fourth season is outright bad. If I remember correctly, the writing staff was pretty much replaced and to telling effect. The story arc is overblown and boring and just seems to ponder along. There isn't enough plot to fill up the 45 minute episodes. I'm just giving up on this series.
  26. Nov 25, 2013
    The tension in this series never lets you down. The script is coherent, the performances are more than convincing and, in my opinion, the best of it all: the excellent work of make up. The fourth season is as good as the previous ones. Congratulations to all the people behind The Walking Dead
  27. Dec 12, 2013
    The end of the first half of this season left me emotionally drained, and all the better for it. The season seemed oddly structured as it was progressing, but any show that can get me so engaged with fate of the characters gets my highest vote.
  28. Nov 9, 2013
    The Walking dead is one of the greatest series i've ever seen, only Breaking Bad is on same level. Right from actors, story, drama and character development its just great! Many think that there isnt enough action but then people dont understand what the walking dead is about. This show is about people and thats happens to them in when the world goes under.
  29. Nov 26, 2013
    This show fails to captivate me in any way shape or form. The only reason why I gave it a 1 is because the special effects are really good but, it's low-grade melodrama and the writing is a bore inconsistent mess like it was written by a 12 year old in English class. Walking Dead gives the impression of a totally insincere, mass-market cash-grab made to capitalize on the zombie fad. THISThis show fails to captivate me in any way shape or form. The only reason why I gave it a 1 is because the special effects are really good but, it's low-grade melodrama and the writing is a bore inconsistent mess like it was written by a 12 year old in English class. Walking Dead gives the impression of a totally insincere, mass-market cash-grab made to capitalize on the zombie fad. THIS IS AMERICAN TELEVISION.. Why has it turned to such rubbish? Just to mention HOW ON EARTH does this show have a meta critic rating of 82? While other shows that have much more work and time put into them (mad men, boardwalk empire, sopranos) get a lower score!? People have lost sight of the good television, instead all the kids and adults want to see now is zombies eat at each other while some character your supposed to care about goes and drops dead. Expand
  30. Nov 13, 2013
    Listen! I hear a foghorn: BOOOOOORRRINGGG! The money-saving formula for this show is this: 80% drawn out, concocted dialogue with inconsistent characterization, and 20% zombies (give or take a few percentage points on premieres, sweeps or finales). Basically a soap opera with zombies, only the actors and effects are good.

1. Reviewed by: Emily Nussbaum
    Jan 3, 2014
    The Walking Dead might have been one of [the ambitious modern horror series], using a grotesque story to go deep, letting grief and repulsion rile and unsettle us. Instead, it stumbles forward, disguised as prestige TV but devoid of a soul.
  2. Reviewed by: Tim Goodman
    Oct 14, 2013
    If the first two episodes are any indication, not only is the series not missing a beat, it's actually growing into itself to allow new storytelling possibilitie
  3. Reviewed by: Mike Hale
    Oct 11, 2013
    The challenge with any extended zombie narrative is striking the right balance between gut-munching action and undergraduate philosophy seminar, and the first two episodes this season are pretty talky.