• Network: AMC
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 31, 2010
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5
8.4

1. Nov 4, 2014
    I will start off by saying no character is safe from being killed and I won't go past that because I don't want to have any spoilers. This is one of the best TV shows that I've watched in a long time, but I will say that some episodes and particularly one season(I won't say anything else) gets quite boring. You start off with all this action and killing and then in one of the seasons it slows down drastically. A few of the episodes I had to actually make myself watch, along with an episode in the current season. With that being said I still give this show a 9 because the overall aspect of the show is a great one. It's always interesting to watch and you won't be disappointed if you take the time to watch it. Expand
  2. Oct 31, 2014
    Walking Dead

In AMC’s zombie apocalypse thriller, The Walking Dead, producer Frank Darabont launches viewers into a world without any safety or order. A world taken over by the living dead. In most zombie apocalypse scenarios, zombies are the main source of fear and danger; In this series, people are who you need to be afraid of.
    When the series began, the producers introduced mainly
    friendly characters to build the main cast. The main character Rick Grimes, joins a group of survivors and before almost any time at all takes the lead position. This leadership through Rick lasts until the present episodes. The characters in the show each have different personalities and attributes that not only fit, but enhance the groups survivability and likeability.
    The zombies, or walkers, are very graphic and play parts in every single episode; whether it be many, or the lone walker that ends up killing a character. The makeup art is very gruesome and very life like, making the walkers seem even more threatening.
    The real threat is the antagonist presence in the show, regular survivors like Rick and the group, but chose a different way to lead or survive. Whether it be to rule out of fear and kill anyone that could possibly threaten you, or to eat those who don’t follow your ways; Rick doesn’t agree, and blood is always shed between the groups.
    What makes the Walking Dead better than other apocalypse shows and movies is that every character in the show lived in a world that previously had no knowledge of zombies or an apocalypse like this ever happening(Hence the word ‘zombie’ is never used). This makes the show seem like it could actually happen, creating more fear in the viewers minds.
  3. Oct 1, 2014
    Everything about this show is consuming. The simplicity of it mixed with fast paced action and adventure will have you cringing and on the edge of your seat.

I absolutely love anything and everything Zombie related. I'm one of those.

In my opinion anyone remotely interested in the zombie genre will find this franchise well worth their time.
  4. Sep 26, 2014
    Even if you don't want to dedicate thirty-eight hours to watching a TV show, just watch The Walking Dead Season 1. It's short, it's kinda sweet in a dark way, and it is six epic episodes that work as a stand-alone story.
    This season stays true to the comics, has all the excitement without the bore of season 2, and in my mind is just a really long, really awesome movie.
  5. Sep 23, 2014
    #KillCarl Has The Walking Dead laid the inspiration for BBC zombification rendition in The Flesh? Or is it the Social Cancer (tm) of socialism drag that stalled its production into this series second airing season? There won't be a hint of a cure until latter seasons. These are zombies well-done albeit not cooked. Unfortunately there is some plot decay into Battlestar-speed (slow) plots. Expand
  6. Sep 10, 2014
    I remember watching Season 1 and just falling in love with this movie. Zombies rock!. The story, the characters, the actors and actresses are all awesome and do a great job. I can't wait to see what surprises Season 5 gives us!
  7. Aug 23, 2014
    Great show. Too bad I'm rather too bored of watching it. Let's start with the characters first, shall we?
    The characters are like in the comics but with some additions and some removals in the overhaul. The acting is O.K (voice acting too) and the costumes. Great, great, great. Action, drama and a lot more will await you on this series. Might be the best Zombie Series I ever watched.
  8. Aug 19, 2014
    Emotionally resonant, and featuring a powerful lead in Andrew Lincoln, The Walking Dead succeeds not just as a tale of apocalypse and horror, but as a character-driven survival story that ultimately refuses generic categorization from its dead inhabitants.
  9. Jun 24, 2014
    A great new zombie show, but I just wish it was longer. This is just the beginning of what will become a ratings juggernaut this show becomes and it's gets awesome
  10. Jun 21, 2014
    My initial reaction to The Walking Dead left me feeling rather ill and sick, but after re-watching it, i discovered that the show about zombies, isn't just about zombies. We watch people break away into insanity and we watch people who get mauled and dismembered by zombies. The thing I love about this show are the relationships you develop with the characters, which makes it even worse when you see them devoured... A solid 10 out of 10. Expand
  11. May 22, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is simply one of the best things never appeared on the small screen. What a fantastic, deep, emotioning, exciting, dramatic series is this. All the characters are so well narrated since the beginning. MILESTONE. Expand
  12. May 14, 2014
    Best show ever If I had to chose between Dr. Who (Favorite show) and The Walking Dead I would choose The Walking Dead because its SOOO suspensful!!! Keeps you on the edge of your seat with Action And jumpscares LOVE IT!!
  13. Apr 19, 2014
    Awesome season. I couldn't stop watching. There's plenty of drama and action to satisfy everyone. The acting is fantastic and the story is awesome. One fight scene was obviously fake and I didn't like the script at times, but I had no other problems with this.
  14. Mar 24, 2014
    Season 1 was brilliant then everything went downhill afterwards. .....................................................................................
  15. Mar 17, 2014
    The first season of AMC's 'The Walking Dead' was a huge hit.
    The series has provided some of the best acting performances seen on TV in recent times and its plot; a frighteningly gripping story; has been an intense roller-coaster of horror and emotion.
    In conclusion, AMC's 'The Walking Dead' is one of / if not the best Zombie themed TV show or movie anyone has seen for a decade.
  16. Mar 15, 2014
    One of the best TV shows ever! Really, I love it.
    If you're in doubt if watching it or not, go instantly to watch it..
    The story is really good, and the atrezzo decorations are really worked.. Dialogues are few, but they're interesting..
    Have fun!
  17. Mar 12, 2014
    One of my all time favorite shows!!It has had me on the edge of my seat quite a bit!Ya never know what will happen next and the effects and graphics are phenomenal!!The cast is perfect...especially Hershal and Carl....well ok so I like all of the cast but those two are my favs...and Darryl...ya all are fabulous and hope it doesn't end soon...Thanks for the awesome show:)
  18. Mar 11, 2014
    I loved this season, lost of suspense and action and plenty of places to take the series, but as soon as it went mainstream, Seasons 2, 3, and 4 have been complete and utter **** Season 2 was a snooze fest. They tried to turn the show into a drama with some zombies here and there. Absolute boring & the drama was completely stupid too. Season 3 they tried to incorporate action with a new town but it's too late, they were just filling in their own grave. It's boring, each episode has the same style and it's all predictable with ****ty ass characters. If they would've taken a good turn after Season 1 this probably would be one of my favorite shows, but it's complete **** now. My rating is for Season 1 and Season 1 ONLY. Not for the other ****ty seasons. Expand
  19. Mar 2, 2014
    Since i started watching this TV Show has been just my favorite one, a lot of drama, real messages to your life, nice actors... bla bla

The history line is just awesome, i just don't know what to say, since season 4 anything became very tasty.!
  20. Feb 21, 2014
    This show is amazingly written. Like other series they are messy and loose their storyline but with the Walking Dead ABSOLUTELY IMPRESSED! LOVE IT MUST WATCH
  21. Jan 31, 2014
    Best series I've ever seen.. Great characters, great, deep story and the zombies are looking so damn good. I'm so excited to watch the 4th and the other two Episodes :)
  22. Jan 6, 2014
    I'm not sure if you can find a better example of adapting source material like the Comics for TWD in any genre. This is quintessentially perfect, and incredibly re-watchable even after 3 years it still is something I'll go back to and continually watch.
  23. Dec 30, 2013
    O começo de uma das séries mais emocionantes da tv fantástica, The Walking Dead rompe todos os patamar e se estabelece com uma boa trama e ótimos personagens.
  24. Dec 27, 2013
    This show is great. Every episode is packed with action and thrills, leaving you at the edge of your seat the entire time. Andrew Lincoln's performance is superb and each new episode makes you jittery for the rest of the week wanting more. From slashing a walker's head with a katana to killing your infected family member this show really provides that action and suspense you really want from a show. 10/10 no doubt. Expand
  25. Dec 26, 2013
    An amazing show, always managing to outperform itself as it gets better and better, throughout the seasons.
    hopefully it will be a very long time before it is finished.
  26. Dec 13, 2013
    This is by far the best TV series i have ever seen. I wish i could give it a 100, but it will have to settle for a 10 out of 10. You get so into the series, and in with the characters that you feel your in the situation right then with them. an unbelievably good series. every season gets a 10 out of 10 for me (a 100 if i could). :)

This series just keeps getting better every episode. If
    they put out a movie, of The Walking Dead, you can bet that it will be the best movie ever produced, i'd guarantee it. especially since those people who have Dish don't get to experience such an awesome TV series. I'm not trying to sell out Dish, but you got to see The Walking Dead. You will get hooked right after the first episode. Expand
  27. Dec 7, 2013
    Zombie aren't the sexiest creatures to date, at which they do live up to their name "The Walking Dead". The post-apocalyptic setting has been a overused figure, although this time around it stand out of the pack. This series is a great accomplishment being dynamic and engaging with it's far shares of scare-fest points -who's turning the doorknob?!- it's definitely extremely bloody, as zombie guts splatter all over the place like chunky borscht. Zombies fans will be impressed raring for more! Expand
  28. Dec 5, 2013
    La primera temporada de esta serie merece la pena, buena historia contada con buen ritmo y con grandes escenas, el viajar por un país lleno de muertos vivientes ofrece muchas posibilidades de hacer una gran serie.
  29. Nov 22, 2013
    This season of the walking dead is a good season so far and the governor is back. i do not want spoiled the next week episode of it is all about the governor again
  30. Nov 21, 2013
    The Walking Dead is scary, thrilling and bloody brilliant. The acting is great, and the special effects are mesmerizing. TWD makes us realize that horror can be this effective and scary. While not as good as Breaking Bad, TWD has a good story, interesting characters such as Glenn and Rick with the awesome Dale, it makes its spot for an awesome tv show this season.

1. Reviewed by: Tim Goodman
    Dec 7, 2010
    Darabont uses the TV-series format to break convention not only by defying the predictabilities of the horror genre (boo!) but also by infusing the recipe with more storytelling elan.
  2. Reviewed by: Alan Sepinwall
    Dec 7, 2010
    I was encouraged that the character-driven third episode was stronger than the zombie action-heavy second, and perhaps the producers will be proven right--that the longer this saga goes on past these initial six episodes, the more it will set itself apart from the zombie canon.
  3. Reviewed by: Mary McNamara
    Dec 7, 2010
    The Walking Dead, like any good horror tale, still believes in the importance of monsters, perfectly balancing the struggle of basic human decency with those palsied four-in-the-morning moments when we are convinced that everyone around us is trying to eat us alive