• Network: AMC
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
8.2

Universal acclaim- based on 1990 Ratings

1. Feb 10, 2012
    It amazes me that american t.v. continues to create weak and over dramatised rubbish that idiots rate as positive. This show promises so much but delivers a lot of disappointment. The characters are so annoying that the show leaves you wanting them to be eaten just to save the world before they breed. Love the zombies, but hate the imbeciles this series is based around. Producers of t.v.It amazes me that american t.v. continues to create weak and over dramatised rubbish that idiots rate as positive. This show promises so much but delivers a lot of disappointment. The characters are so annoying that the show leaves you wanting them to be eaten just to save the world before they breed. Love the zombies, but hate the imbeciles this series is based around. Producers of t.v. need better writers. Expand
  2. Oct 24, 2011
    I can't believe the number of sheep who lap up this garbage with zeal. I've come to the conclusion that the writers haven't yet let us in on the survivors' ultimate plan: bore the zombies death by spending two-thirds of every episode discussing their feelings.
  3. Nov 1, 2010
    Points for production values; the elaborate city scenes were convincing, grand, and well-choreographed. The cinematography was quite good, especially the tense opening sequence which had some beautiful long takes. But I was unable to give a **** about any character (except the poor horse). The acting fit the parts well enough, but these characters feel so recycled and ordinary that they'rePoints for production values; the elaborate city scenes were convincing, grand, and well-choreographed. The cinematography was quite good, especially the tense opening sequence which had some beautiful long takes. But I was unable to give a **** about any character (except the poor horse). The acting fit the parts well enough, but these characters feel so recycled and ordinary that they're unreal. You really sense the writers trying to tug our heart-strings -- the manipulative plotting left me cold. It's a low-grade melodrama that fails to address any substantive social issues (unlike the excellent 28 Days Later). There was definitely some excitement in the long city sequence, in a survival-horror kind of way. If the characters weren't so hollow, and the dialogue so canned, the action sequences would have some weight behind them. Walking Dead gives the impression of a totally insincere, mass-market cash-grab made to capitalize on the zombie fad. Expand
  4. Apr 2, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This show has fallen far from where it started. the first season was well done, actually creating tension within the group led by Rick with zombies! Now the show has devolved into "Days of our Lives" zombie edition with nothing but walking, talking, and petty drama issues that are basically, "he did it, no he did it, no she did it." It's upsetting to see the zombies have taken a complete backseat to these kind of dilemmas. When watching an episode you have a 10% a zombie will pose an actual threat. Otherwise back to the petty squabbles of humanity. I would understand if they had the drama like the first season with Merle and T-Dog but keep the zombies as the forefront of the problem. The stupid governor and his village has carried on with absolutely nothing happening in each episode for far too long. The writers even managed to make me hate basically all the characters except for Daryl and Merle (and he died when they were finally giving him some back story). I'm sorry but I was glad when Lori died (she always screwed something up and never watched Carl), I hate Carl (he is the reason Dale died), Hershel is pretty cool (he's just Santa without a foot), Rick doesn't really seem to know what's going on anymore, Michonne has potential but I started to dislike her after that dumb picture/cat scene she had with Carl. In the previously mentioned cat/picture scene I was hopeful they were bringing Morgan (that was his name right?) back from the first season because I really liked his character. He's just coocoo for cocopoofs though because his son died (it is a tragedy but I didn't like where they left him personally). They should stick to a "zombie" show that actually has zombies and not people just at each other with nothing ever happening in any of the episodes. Waste of time. Expand
  5. Jul 11, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. That series sucks. Why? The story is so artificial and cliche.

- First at episode 2, just when they are passing the walkers starts rain. Just when cant rain. You watch 20 episodies, and never rain!
    - At episode 4, the fight with the others is without reason, is stupid. At same episode the final is so dramatic too. The walkers are more slow than my grandmother, then the girls stop and waits to be bitten. She dont defend her self, and start scream after bite.

- Mille cut of his hand to escape? Oh my god, that was so original! I doubt that a saw can cut off a hand but cant cut the link of the handcuff.

- Most episodes have much pointless drama, like a soap opera. Is note a action series, is a drama novel.

- The car stolen, the sport one. Is that true, just go there and steal? The gas is ok? The batteries too?

To me, after play last of us, stories like that is pointless and artificial. Like i said, is a dramatic novel for ladies, a soap.
  6. Aug 26, 2014
    I think this show is not that good, i mean all that is fun to see are the zombies and stuff, cause i mean nobody really care about the characters, they are just not so interesting. It's 4/10. Just my opinion.
  7. Oct 2, 2014
    A different author for almost every episode means uneven writing, hitting many more lows than highs. It's childishly bad in many places and painful to watch. Lots of filler, lots of explaining the obvious, lots of cheesy fakey makeup effects for the zombies. Plenty of bad acting. It's not worth the time it takes to watch, sadly.
  8. Dec 5, 2013
    Not as much of a let-down as a show like Dexter sinceThe Walking Dead is more of a steady uniform malaise that has no heights to fall from. It's a sugary rush that leaves you empty though you'll probably notice a lingering dissatisfaction from watching the series long after you're done. There are no real characters, no cohesive viewpoints, no real theme–all empty calories. If you're inNot as much of a let-down as a show like Dexter sinceThe Walking Dead is more of a steady uniform malaise that has no heights to fall from. It's a sugary rush that leaves you empty though you'll probably notice a lingering dissatisfaction from watching the series long after you're done. There are no real characters, no cohesive viewpoints, no real theme–all empty calories. If you're in for great special effects and cheap thrills and don't want to wrestle with big ideas or emotional weight stemming from what great characters and great writing in a series can bring you, then you will be rewarded by watching this series. Expand
  9. Apr 10, 2013
    If you've seen movies such as Dawn of the Dead, 28 Days/Weeks later, Land of the Dead or even the Resident Evil series you'll find nothing new here. On top of that you've got boring characters doing stupid things and zombies that appear to have script adjusted speed. Many times characters say don't do X and then the next minute do X with predictable results.
    In short this is a series with
    In short this is a series with zombies, written by zombies for zombies. Give it a miss, things get worse in series 2. [3/10]
  10. Mar 11, 2012
    AMC's The Walking Dead is an adaptation of the comic series of the same name, about a group of survivors in the zombie apocalypse. Being a giant fan of the comics, I watched the show, and I actually didn't mind it for a couple episodes. But the farther the show goes on, the more pacing problems it gets and the more obnoxious my favorite characters would become, if they even showed up atAMC's The Walking Dead is an adaptation of the comic series of the same name, about a group of survivors in the zombie apocalypse. Being a giant fan of the comics, I watched the show, and I actually didn't mind it for a couple episodes. But the farther the show goes on, the more pacing problems it gets and the more obnoxious my favorite characters would become, if they even showed up at all. Tyreese and Michonne are nowhere to be seen. Instead, we're given the generic redneck Daryl and the EXTREMELY stereotyped token black character T-Dog. Seriously. His name is T-Dog.
    The second season definitely drags on, even though it barely touches on any actual plot from the comics. They spend about 8 episodes trying to find Sophia, a girl who went missing and (Spoilers) is a zombie. The sad part is Sophia is alive and well in the comics, nothing bad actually happens to her. The same is to be said with Shane's death, which was much more emotional in the comics, considering Carl is the one who actually kills human Shane to save his father's life. The choice to instead have Rick stab Shane was a waste of good material.
    The more and more I watch this show, the more and more I find myself no longer caring about the characters. They do dumb things, and someone dies. And I don't care. They aren't the characters I love anymore. They're annoying whiny people. Eventually, you'll find yourself rooting for the zombies.
  11. Aug 24, 2013
    zOMG Walking Bad is a epic RAWR! zombiez and de bacon and like epic zombie bacons are like SO epic. This epic show is like SO epically in tune with my young generation's epic aesthetic legacy right meow meng. I feel so in tune with my generation because I watch this show about zombies right meow. Epic zomby apocolips is like so comin dudes. If you don't like Walking Bad than you arezOMG Walking Bad is a epic RAWR! zombiez and de bacon and like epic zombie bacons are like SO epic. This epic show is like SO epically in tune with my young generation's epic aesthetic legacy right meow meng. I feel so in tune with my generation because I watch this show about zombies right meow. Epic zomby apocolips is like so comin dudes. If you don't like Walking Bad than you are incompetent. If you don't think this is the best tv show of the decade you don't understand the magnitude of important uniquely intellectual epic zombiez symbolizm right meow. You will be proven wrong as time passes and people look back on this as profoundly prophetically epic and edgy. Watching Walking Bad and enjoying it is tantamount to moral and intellectual truth. Walking Bad is pure swag so don't be critical of it in any way or you will be considered an uncultured idiot. I want to watch it again right meow YOLO K thx bai Expand
  12. Jan 11, 2012
    Everything just feels vanilla. It's watchable show but I've two major problems with it. One is the writing isn't good enough to tell the kind of story they are trying to tell. In so much that they are trying to tell a story about the psychological effects of the zombies on the survivors, as much as are just doing an all out zombie fest, and it doesn't work because they are going for theEverything just feels vanilla. It's watchable show but I've two major problems with it. One is the writing isn't good enough to tell the kind of story they are trying to tell. In so much that they are trying to tell a story about the psychological effects of the zombies on the survivors, as much as are just doing an all out zombie fest, and it doesn't work because they are going for the best of both worlds. The acting isn't good enough to support the former either, with the acception of Andrew Lincoln. On that note watching Sarah Wayne Callies three eye-face expressions is painful.

The second major problem I have with this season of the show is that it's not scary. At all.

Like I said though, it's watchable in a 'sit round having a few beers with friends' way I guess.
  13. Feb 5, 2013
    How does this get a user rate of 8.4? Cool zombies, good special effects in that respect, but but but! Clunkily written pure melodrama with one-dimensional STUPID characters that we don't care about. Look up over-acting and you'll see a picture of the crazy rednecks and the roided up dude. Why the hell are they camping up on a hill surrounded by deep forest? Anyone think of 'establishing aHow does this get a user rate of 8.4? Cool zombies, good special effects in that respect, but but but! Clunkily written pure melodrama with one-dimensional STUPID characters that we don't care about. Look up over-acting and you'll see a picture of the crazy rednecks and the roided up dude. Why the hell are they camping up on a hill surrounded by deep forest? Anyone think of 'establishing a perimeter'? Get to work building trenches and walls, people! My daughter and I were chanting "Zombies, Zombies" for minutes on end as we endured the drawn out scenes where the zombie-like non-zombies expressed their feelings. Expand
  14. Mar 13, 2013
    I find myself willing over and over for the series to improve, but it always manages to disappoint. The pilot promises just enough to make me watch another couple of episodes, for a couple of terrific spectacle sequences in downtown Atlanta give the series an epic sense of scale. Masterful cinematography, cg, makeup, and choreography aside, however, Walking Dead is lackluster. The plot isI find myself willing over and over for the series to improve, but it always manages to disappoint. The pilot promises just enough to make me watch another couple of episodes, for a couple of terrific spectacle sequences in downtown Atlanta give the series an epic sense of scale. Masterful cinematography, cg, makeup, and choreography aside, however, Walking Dead is lackluster. The plot is contrived, characters often behave with complete disregard for common sense, the writing is poor, and every single female character is frustratingly weak and useless. I find myself wishing the protagonist would die- perhaps that way some genuinely captivating grit could find its way into a series that despite its physical blood and gore, is just a little bit too morally and interpersonally clean and pretty to take any real satisfying risks. Expand
  15. Aug 18, 2014
    Perhaps the most overrated TV show of the last 10-20 years.

Perhaps the most overrated TV show of the last 10-20 years.

Take away the "walkers" and this show would have flopped...badly, Its the zombie fanboy element that have allowed this show to continue, The characters are dull, not much happens besides the predictable and tension free zombie attacks, which happen numerous times every episode because the writers cannot think of many interesting things for the characters to do,and don't get me started on how dumb the characters are.

All in all it could be a decent show but the zombie "action" and lack of interesting plot elements kill it for me.
  16. Mar 26, 2012
    I accidently gave a 10 review whilst ranting about it, here's a 1 to level it up. Series 1 good, Series 2, bloody awful. In the mould of prison break. The Americans can knock out some really good stuff, then they see the $$$ signs and grind out absolute tripe until the ratings drop and they bin it.

The wire structure had integrity, but not many do.
  17. Mar 26, 2013
    I watched the pilot, and I loved it. It had suspense and it felt post apocalyptic and you think "What the hell went on here!?" When you see burnt out cars, rotting corpses and ruined helicopters.
    Next episode It went from Fringe standards all the way down to Falling Skies standard. The writing & acting is just terrible, I felt like I was watching some low budget slasher film. And the visuals and production values of the entire show look terrible and rushed, like I said, B class. The CDC explosion looked like it was done by Asylum (seriously? can't use practical effects?) and the blood splatter mostly consist of crappy, cartoonish green screened blood. A lot of potential has been missed with this completely crap fest, seriously don't understand how it has gotten universal acclaim with both critics & users.
  18. Apr 7, 2013
    The setting of the show is amazing the world is coming to an end and humanity is on the verge of returning to the Stone Age and becoming an agrarian economy. Zombies are decimating the world population I mean what was not to like!
    What surprised me was how the writers of the show managed to achieve the feat of making every character so unlikeable and pedestrian and as a consequence the series boring. The show fails remarkably in creating a dystopia. The post-apocalyptic vision the show captures is so mundane it was a struggle for me to sit through the six episodes of Season 1. The only good bits were the terrific visual effects.
    I’m going to fast forward to Season 3 and set up a scene for you A car is zipping across what is a deserted highway, brown leaves strewn on the road, you can tell the place has seen its share of carnage. One of the occupants of the car is our Hero, Rick Grimes. As the car races across the Road a solitary young man carrying a huge backpack appears and at first frantically urges the car to stop then begs and pleads with them to take pity on him and help him. There isn’t even a discussion by the occupants whether they should stop or not they just keep going. On the way back they cross the same patch of the Road. You can see there’s fresh blood on the gravel guts sprayed across the tarmac. There’s a dead body on the road it’s the same guy who wanted to be rescued desperately. The car crosses the Dead body or what’s left of it and as if as an afterthought the driver brings the car to a halt few metres ahead and pauses, then puts the car in reverse it comes to a stop next to the back pack. Somebody picks it up and they’r on their way again. Not a word is exchanged during all this. After all what is there to be said, characters are past debating the morality of such actions self-preservation now precedes everything and even 10 year old boys do horrible things not out of malice but out of necessity. And it’s not just Zombies that Humanity has to contend with it’s the danger they pose each other too, fighting over what are now quickly depleting resources. It’s moments like these that are flat our brilliant and for once you do believe the apocalypse is upon our planet. The problem is scenes such are these aren’t too frequent and that I believe is what’s now keeping it from becoming a cinematic achievement, but the show has improved considerably since early days and I believe now finally it’s hands down the best series ever created against the backdrop of a post-apocalyptic earth. Random thought would have been great to see someone adapt ‘World War Z’ into a TV series I know it is not going to happen. The movie Trilogy will be great 6- 8 hours of entertainment nonetheless, delivered over a course of three years.
    I felt nothing for the characters in ‘The Walking Dead’ even mid-way through season 2 and stopped watching after the 5th episode. But I’m glad I gave it another chance last week (couldn’t sleep, decided I’d watch one more episode and perhaps see why the US of A was so fixated on how amazing it really was, I ended up watching right through to the end of Season 3). It gets better during the latter half of the second season and the third season is when the show finally sets out to become what is should have been in the first place a chilling tale of survival on a doomed planet (YES, I took the trouble to think real hard and come up with the most hackneyed cliché to describe it). Like me, if you hated the show early on even though you were a fan of the genre and wanted to like the show, I’d recommend you give it another shot and stay with it a while you will not be disappointed unless you don’t like Zombie genre all together, if that is the case then I doubt you’ll find any merit at all in this tale.
    I can’t wait to see where they’ll be taking it come Season 4 because NO, I don’t read comic books so I don’t know what the story has in store for us.
  19. Oct 26, 2014
    I don't understand why so many people like this show, I mean after watching the first and second season, I have to say, I've never seen such a boring show like this. Come on! Horror??? Really not!
  20. Jan 16, 2013
    This show blows. How did they cancel Rubicon and renew this crap? Seriously. WTF. What is so exciting about Zombies? And my zombie loving friends, say there's less than 5 min of zombies in each episode anyway. Trash.
  21. Dec 4, 2011
    started out really promising for first few episodes, but bad choice of main character, and the timing is all out of sync, it seems too fast as portrayed, but the story drags its heels, and the characters all have way too much to say about nothing to feel realistic in that sortof situation.
  22. Nov 22, 2011
    I was extremely excited about this series, as I love the comics and followed them from the very start. After Season 1 I was still optimistic even though many episodes dragged in places, acting and storywise it was lackluster in my opinion. Season 2 started off with a bang, the first episode had a nice mix of action and drama. But sadly it's gone downhill extremely fast, to the pointI was extremely excited about this series, as I love the comics and followed them from the very start. After Season 1 I was still optimistic even though many episodes dragged in places, acting and storywise it was lackluster in my opinion. Season 2 started off with a bang, the first episode had a nice mix of action and drama. But sadly it's gone downhill extremely fast, to the point where it's basically on the level of a bad daytime soap opera with a zombie in it sometimes. I don't know how else to describe the travesty it's become. I'm very surprised by the praise and ratings this series has gotten, but I think the excellent production values will only carry it so far. I've already decided to stop watching. Expand
  23. Oct 22, 2011
    Are you people on crack? Some of the worst acting I have ever seen, including one of the worst shows. Is this show a comedy? 'What would happen if Zombies took over the world, leaving nothing but white trash behind?" Seriously. W.T.F.
  24. Nov 15, 2010
    I had high hopes, but the characters are just too stupid to root for. The only time these slow moving zombies would be a threat is when you're trapped by them. So once they showed people having access to vehicles all danger has to be manufactured by dumb plot devices (imitating zombies to sneak by), or stupid character decisions (riding a freakin' horse). The only way this seriesI had high hopes, but the characters are just too stupid to root for. The only time these slow moving zombies would be a threat is when you're trapped by them. So once they showed people having access to vehicles all danger has to be manufactured by dumb plot devices (imitating zombies to sneak by), or stupid character decisions (riding a freakin' horse). The only way this series would've worked would be with 28 Days Later fast moving zombies. Damn, it looked so cool in the previews. Expand
  25. Feb 26, 2012
    I hated this show, i expected something scary or something with action but all they did was talk for 30 minutes until i turned it off. I'll stick to watching supernatural since that show actually has some action in it and not so much f***in talking. when zombies attack you dont talk for days
  26. May 11, 2014
    This isn't the worst thing on TV, but it's pretty awful. Everything is just at the bottom of its game: the writing, the acting, the special effects (apart from the make up). They don't need 16 episodes to tell a story where something happens maybe every 6 episodes and the rest is just filler. And in case you were wondering whether they're building to some great action set-piece orThis isn't the worst thing on TV, but it's pretty awful. Everything is just at the bottom of its game: the writing, the acting, the special effects (apart from the make up). They don't need 16 episodes to tell a story where something happens maybe every 6 episodes and the rest is just filler. And in case you were wondering whether they're building to some great action set-piece or brilliantly scripted finale, no they're not. They've done this to me twice. Expand
  27. Feb 15, 2015
    Terrible script writing and dialogue coupled with long touchey feely boring conversation between indistinct and frankly one sided characters makes for a dull over endorsed series and that's just season 1. A good test with any poor series is that you can skip the dialogue scenes yet still easily deduct the plot. A show made by the masses for the masses. If they put half the effort they haveTerrible script writing and dialogue coupled with long touchey feely boring conversation between indistinct and frankly one sided characters makes for a dull over endorsed series and that's just season 1. A good test with any poor series is that you can skip the dialogue scenes yet still easily deduct the plot. A show made by the masses for the masses. If they put half the effort they have put into making the sound effects for killing zombies into the development of the show then it would at least make it watchable... Expand
  28. Jan 27, 2012
    The producers of this program took the dynamic, highly believable characters from the comics and transformed them into a bunch of **** whining, vanilla-flavored douche bags. It's impossible to develop any kind of emotional investment in these display-window mannequins masquerading as actors. The writing, again unlike the comics, is bland. The show's pacing is as plodding as the zombiesThe producers of this program took the dynamic, highly believable characters from the comics and transformed them into a bunch of **** whining, vanilla-flavored douche bags. It's impossible to develop any kind of emotional investment in these display-window mannequins masquerading as actors. The writing, again unlike the comics, is bland. The show's pacing is as plodding as the zombies it depicts. I would be much more willing to forgive this show for completely diverting from the comics' story line forty-five minutes into episode one and never returning if they could at least make this original story interesting and believable. No dice on both counts. Not recommended! Expand
  29. Nov 17, 2010
    Cliched, unlikable, shallow Characters (yes even the main character) that you couldn't care less about. It's a dull, done to death apocalypse drama 'Days of our Lives' style, with the same old characters doing the same old thing. Yawn. Throw in a red neck or two for some spice....and you've got yourself a whole lot of cookie cutter plot devices fit for equally cookie cutter characters.Cliched, unlikable, shallow Characters (yes even the main character) that you couldn't care less about. It's a dull, done to death apocalypse drama 'Days of our Lives' style, with the same old characters doing the same old thing. Yawn. Throw in a red neck or two for some spice....and you've got yourself a whole lot of cookie cutter plot devices fit for equally cookie cutter characters. Written by a Red Neck for Red Necks. Expand
  30. Nov 9, 2010
    Just couldn't get into the show. For starters, it's not one bit scary. Gory, yes...Scary, no. I never found gore to be particularly scary. It just makes you want to barf is all. I read somewhere that the characters are somewhat hollow. I completely agree with that assessment. The only character I've cared about so far is the horse Next movie-maker that kills a horse or a dog in a movieJust couldn't get into the show. For starters, it's not one bit scary. Gory, yes...Scary, no. I never found gore to be particularly scary. It just makes you want to barf is all. I read somewhere that the characters are somewhat hollow. I completely agree with that assessment. The only character I've cared about so far is the horse Next movie-maker that kills a horse or a dog in a movie gets a personal visit from me and a man-sized beat down in front of his family. I think the cinematography is the best part of this show. Other than that, I found this show to be disappointingly dull. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Tim Goodman
    Dec 7, 2010
    Darabont uses the TV-series format to break convention not only by defying the predictabilities of the horror genre (boo!) but also by infusing the recipe with more storytelling elan.
  2. Reviewed by: Alan Sepinwall
    Dec 7, 2010
    I was encouraged that the character-driven third episode was stronger than the zombie action-heavy second, and perhaps the producers will be proven right--that the longer this saga goes on past these initial six episodes, the more it will set itself apart from the zombie canon.
  3. Reviewed by: Mary McNamara
    Dec 7, 2010
    The Walking Dead, like any good horror tale, still believes in the importance of monsters, perfectly balancing the struggle of basic human decency with those palsied four-in-the-morning moments when we are convinced that everyone around us is trying to eat us alive