• Network: AMC
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
8.2

Universal acclaim- based on 1985 Ratings

1. Jun 21, 2014
    My initial reaction to The Walking Dead left me feeling rather ill and sick, but after re-watching it, i discovered that the show about zombies, isn't just about zombies. We watch people break away into insanity and we watch people who get mauled and dismembered by zombies. The thing I love about this show are the relationships you develop with the characters, which makes it even worseMy initial reaction to The Walking Dead left me feeling rather ill and sick, but after re-watching it, i discovered that the show about zombies, isn't just about zombies. We watch people break away into insanity and we watch people who get mauled and dismembered by zombies. The thing I love about this show are the relationships you develop with the characters, which makes it even worse when you see them devoured... A solid 10 out of 10. Expand
  2. Oct 1, 2014
    Everything about this show is consuming. The simplicity of it mixed with fast paced action and adventure will have you cringing and on the edge of your seat.

I absolutely love anything and everything Zombie related. I'm one of those.

In my opinion anyone remotely interested in the zombie genre will find this franchise well worth their time.
  3. Aug 19, 2014
    Emotionally resonant, and featuring a powerful lead in Andrew Lincoln, The Walking Dead succeeds not just as a tale of apocalypse and horror, but as a character-driven survival story that ultimately refuses generic categorization from its dead inhabitants.
  4. Aug 23, 2014
    Great show. Too bad I'm rather too bored of watching it. Let's start with the characters first, shall we?
    The characters are like in the comics but with some additions and some removals in the overhaul. The acting is O.K (voice acting too) and the costumes. Great, great, great. Action, drama and a lot more will await you on this series. Might be the best Zombie Series I ever watched.
  5. Sep 10, 2014
    I remember watching Season 1 and just falling in love with this movie. Zombies rock!. The story, the characters, the actors and actresses are all awesome and do a great job. I can't wait to see what surprises Season 5 gives us!
  6. Sep 26, 2014
    Even if you don't want to dedicate thirty-eight hours to watching a TV show, just watch The Walking Dead Season 1. It's short, it's kinda sweet in a dark way, and it is six epic episodes that work as a stand-alone story.
    This season stays true to the comics, has all the excitement without the bore of season 2, and in my mind is just a really long, really awesome movie.
  7. Sep 23, 2014
    #KillCarl

Has The Walking Dead laid the inspiration for BBC zombification rendition in The Flesh? Or is it the Social Cancer (tm) of socialism drag that stalled its production into this series second airing season? There won't be a hint of a cure until latter seasons. These are zombies well-done albeit not cooked. Unfortunately there is some plot decay into Battlestar-speed
    #KillCarl

Unfortunately there is some plot decay into Battlestar-speed (slow) plots.
  8. Nov 4, 2014
    I will start off by saying no character is safe from being killed and I won't go past that because I don't want to have any spoilers. This is one of the best TV shows that I've watched in a long time, but I will say that some episodes and particularly one season(I won't say anything else) gets quite boring. You start off with all this action and killing and then in one of the seasons itI will start off by saying no character is safe from being killed and I won't go past that because I don't want to have any spoilers. This is one of the best TV shows that I've watched in a long time, but I will say that some episodes and particularly one season(I won't say anything else) gets quite boring. You start off with all this action and killing and then in one of the seasons it slows down drastically. A few of the episodes I had to actually make myself watch, along with an episode in the current season. With that being said I still give this show a 9 because the overall aspect of the show is a great one. It's always interesting to watch and you won't be disappointed if you take the time to watch it. Expand
  9. Oct 31, 2014
    Walking Dead

In AMC’s zombie apocalypse thriller, The Walking Dead, producer Frank Darabont launches viewers into a world without any safety or order. A world taken over by the living dead. In most zombie apocalypse scenarios, zombies are the main source of fear and danger; In this series, people are who you need to be afraid of. When the series began, the producers introduced mainly
    Walking Dead

When the series began, the producers introduced mainly friendly characters to build the main cast. The main character Rick Grimes, joins a group of survivors and before almost any time at all takes the lead position. This leadership through Rick lasts until the present episodes. The characters in the show each have different personalities and attributes that not only fit, but enhance the groups survivability and likeability.
    The zombies, or walkers, are very graphic and play parts in every single episode; whether it be many, or the lone walker that ends up killing a character. The makeup art is very gruesome and very life like, making the walkers seem even more threatening.
    The real threat is the antagonist presence in the show, regular survivors like Rick and the group, but chose a different way to lead or survive. Whether it be to rule out of fear and kill anyone that could possibly threaten you, or to eat those who don’t follow your ways; Rick doesn’t agree, and blood is always shed between the groups.
    What makes the Walking Dead better than other apocalypse shows and movies is that every character in the show lived in a world that previously had no knowledge of zombies or an apocalypse like this ever happening(Hence the word ‘zombie’ is never used). This makes the show seem like it could actually happen, creating more fear in the viewers minds.
  10. Dec 9, 2014
    E a 1 vez que assisto um seriado que min chamar tanto a atenção, "The Walking Dead" e uma evolução.Deve continuar o maximo possivel de tempo, por respeitos a todos os fanaticos por esse seriado que faz cada pessoa que gosta do assuntos fica conectadas, de uma forma direta, que e como se ela viverse o mundo de "The walking dead" Parabens a todos que fazem parte desse universo.
  11. Jan 6, 2015
    This show is like the best for those zombies lover. I got hooked up to this show since last week and i just cant stop. The cast is great, the story is great. Overall it is a very good show with a catchy ending in each part but thb some parts of the show are a little bit boring but most of the time towards the ending it was worth watching no matter what !
  12. Feb 20, 2015
    My all time favourite TV show! Emotional character investments are instantly created with a major moral choice or event having a great and often satisfying effect on the viewers and how they perceive these deep characters - all the while brimming with the action of constantly trying to survive the zombie apocalypse.
  13. Feb 23, 2015
    Some people don't really explain why they think the show why they think the tv show is bad, there's a lot more worse tv shows by far. What they want is explosions and zombies nothing to do with character development, that's what makes this show different is that it shows how people change when civilization falls, people are dynamic not one dimensional people who are just bad ass zombieSome people don't really explain why they think the show why they think the tv show is bad, there's a lot more worse tv shows by far. What they want is explosions and zombies nothing to do with character development, that's what makes this show different is that it shows how people change when civilization falls, people are dynamic not one dimensional people who are just bad ass zombie killers, if this show was only about killing zombies then this show would not have lasted past the second season. Expand
  14. Feb 23, 2015
    This is awesome just watch it! These other guys don't know what they're talking about good writing and interesting scenes some people are just silly here I tell you
  15. Mar 30, 2015

1. Reviewed by: Tim Goodman
    Dec 7, 2010
    Darabont uses the TV-series format to break convention not only by defying the predictabilities of the horror genre (boo!) but also by infusing the recipe with more storytelling elan.
  2. Reviewed by: Alan Sepinwall
    Dec 7, 2010
    I was encouraged that the character-driven third episode was stronger than the zombie action-heavy second, and perhaps the producers will be proven right--that the longer this saga goes on past these initial six episodes, the more it will set itself apart from the zombie canon.
  3. Reviewed by: Mary McNamara
    Dec 7, 2010
    The Walking Dead, like any good horror tale, still believes in the importance of monsters, perfectly balancing the struggle of basic human decency with those palsied four-in-the-morning moments when we are convinced that everyone around us is trying to eat us alive