Three Rivers : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Oct 4, 2009
7.7

1. KathyS.
    Oct 5, 2009
    The idea of a transplant medical show is a good one - note how ER and Grey's Anatomy have used transplant themes in their shows all along. First, get it straight on how a REAL transplant center works - First, I am a transplant coordinator and I am not late for a meeting because a physician told me to run out and get the donuts that he likes. I am a highly educated nurse specializing The idea of a transplant medical show is a good one - note how ER and Grey's Anatomy have used transplant themes in their shows all along. First, get it straight on how a REAL transplant center works - First, I am a transplant coordinator and I am not late for a meeting because a physician told me to run out and get the donuts that he likes. I am a highly educated nurse specializing in transplantation and I have never encountered a physician that would ever be that disrespectful to me or anyone else on the team! Second, the recipient team would NEVER come into contact with the donor family at the donor site let alone exchange iinformation about the possible recipient - that is violating HIPPA laws. There is so much more to the inner workings of a transplant center than what this show portrays. If anything, it may be more of a detriment to organ donation! Expand
  2. JohnB.
    Oct 9, 2009
    A group of good actors in the wrong place. I felt like I was channel surfing while watching it......it seemed like several different shows mashed into one. There was no character, or plot development to lure in the viewer. Everything unfolded like a Dr. Seuss children's story. Very insulting to a thinking viewer. As a result, I had no connection with any part of it. Very disappointing.
  3. DeeB.
    Oct 5, 2009
    Bad acting and bad story line, not believable at all.

The cases are inventive, and the acting is low key. Entertainmentwise, the series is nothing special.
  2. Reviewed by: Verne Gay
    Three Rivers is a masterful send-up of old medical TV show conventions, dating back to the '50s, with a parade of cliches so obviously and hilariously inane that you will laugh until your side aches.
  3. Three Rivers plays like a show that was put together in one made up of transplant advocates.