Three Rivers : Season 1

• Network: CBS
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 4, 2009
7.7

1. Mar 9, 2012
    I love this show. It is very entertaining and enjoyable. I really hope that they do not cancel it. I know that I would be highly disappointed. It is different than all the other shows out there. I like the cast well.
  2. Jan 6, 2011
    I really enjoyed this show! It's too bad CBS pulled the plug on it so early on. Finally there was a medical drama on TV that revolved around actual medicine (not sex and scandals like other medical dramas), and had strong, evolving characters that the audience could empathize with. The writing could have been a bit better, but overall I think this show was really great.
  3. ChristineK.
    Oct 19, 2009
    Yes there is "Finally" a good drama instead of all the reality shows lately. 3 Rivers definately brings organ donation awareness to the for front. I am a donor if anything should happen and the stories are very much for real and having to deal with in real life is very touching and this show brings good things.
  4. Cheryl
    Oct 11, 2009
    I was disappointed last week, but tonight's show absolutely blew it out of the water!! Alex O'Loughlin is Back!! And he brought with him a great bunch of friends! I'd watch this show everyday - in fact I will!
  5. JohnB.
    Oct 9, 2009
    A group of good actors in the wrong place. I felt like I was channel surfing while watching it......it seemed like several different shows mashed into one. There was no character, or plot development to lure in the viewer. Everything unfolded like a Dr. Seuss children's story. Very insulting to a thinking viewer. As a result, I had no connection with any part of it. Very disappointing.
  6. LizaH.
    Oct 9, 2009
    Critics do not anything and never will!
  7. PhilipW.
    Oct 8, 2009
    Warmed over drivel about brave young docs saving the world. Only good thing is the hot, slouchy, anti authoritarian, female doctor.
  8. CharlesB
    Oct 8, 2009
    I gave it a shot and I got hooked. I think the show has great potential and I look forward to the next show. It was beleivable and the way it was filmed agreed with me...cutting in and out of locals.
  9. AnnV
    Oct 7, 2009
    Loved, loved this show! So great to have Alex back...the writing, the cast, emotion. Gives you something to think about! My favorite show on television!
  10. NadineB.
    Oct 6, 2009
    Had my heart pumping waiting to see what happens. Looking forward to next week!
  11. MandyH.
    Oct 6, 2009
    I really enjoyed the show. I felt for the situations of the guest characters, and I found the doctors interesting enough that I want to get to know them better. The pacing was excellent; not too fast to follow, and not dead slow either. I also thought the actors meshed together really well, and I believed they were doctors too, which with younger actors isn't always an easy sell. I I really enjoyed the show. I felt for the situations of the guest characters, and I found the doctors interesting enough that I want to get to know them better. The pacing was excellent; not too fast to follow, and not dead slow either. I also thought the actors meshed together really well, and I believed they were doctors too, which with younger actors isn't always an easy sell. I could accept that there were inaccuracies and dramatic licence without rolling my eyes at the implausibility. But however high it aims, it's still a TV drama and should be viewed in that context. I also liked the idealism inherent in trying to raise awareness of organ donation. I didn't find it too preachy, and I liked the compassion shown to the donor family. All in all, it's a nice addition to the medical show line-up already on air, and I can see definite potential in it. Expand
  12. TerrryI.
    Oct 5, 2009
    This show definitely has potential. Acting is good. I enjoyed the story line and can only hope the show will be continued.
  13. DeeB.
    Oct 5, 2009
    Bad acting and bad story line, not believable at all.
  14. KathyS.
    Oct 5, 2009
    The idea of a transplant medical show is a good one - note how ER and Grey's Anatomy have used transplant themes in their shows all along. First, get it straight on how a REAL transplant center works - First, I am a transplant coordinator and I am not late for a meeting because a physician told me to run out and get the donuts that he likes. I am a highly educated nurse specializing The idea of a transplant medical show is a good one - note how ER and Grey's Anatomy have used transplant themes in their shows all along. First, get it straight on how a REAL transplant center works - First, I am a transplant coordinator and I am not late for a meeting because a physician told me to run out and get the donuts that he likes. I am a highly educated nurse specializing in transplantation and I have never encountered a physician that would ever be that disrespectful to me or anyone else on the team! Second, the recipient team would NEVER come into contact with the donor family at the donor site let alone exchange iinformation about the possible recipient - that is violating HIPPA laws. There is so much more to the inner workings of a transplant center than what this show portrays. If anything, it may be more of a detriment to organ donation! Expand
  15. GeorgiaP.
    Oct 4, 2009
    Could swear the guy waiting for a heart told us he was from Ethiopia. Where did Sudan come from later in the show? And that was NO 28-week old preemie!! Sure looked like full term to me.

The cases are inventive, and the acting is low key. Entertainmentwise, the series is nothing special.
  2. Reviewed by: Verne Gay
    Three Rivers is a masterful send-up of old medical TV show conventions, dating back to the '50s, with a parade of cliches so obviously and hilariously inane that you will laugh until your side aches.
  3. Three Rivers plays like a show that was put together in one made up of transplant advocates.