7.5

1. Aug 7, 2011
    (This review concerns the premiere, 1 hour special)

(This review concerns the premiere, 1 hour special)

As someone who has never seen the original Thundercats, and as someone who was very reluctant to watch the premiere, I love this show. The animation is high quality, the voice actors are passable, the action is fast paced and interesting, and there's a touch of humor thrown in to help ease some of the tension. I gotta say though, this is not much of a kids show. It's fairly dark and deals with some big issues.

Like I said, I can't speak for fans of the original 80s show. But if you enjoy action cartoons/animes, Thundercats isn't a bad idea. Give it a shot, I know I'm eagerly awaiting every Friday.
  2. Aug 12, 2012
    The show brings a promising atmosphere; showing how Lion-O is adjusting to kingship and leading the ThunderCats against Mumm-Ra while leading the surviving Thunderians to a brighter future. Also, it teaches the children about the concepts of good and evil, right and wrong, and honor and virtue, which is the kind of show we need on TV. I hope to see more when it is renewed.
tbd

No score yet - based on 2 Critics

1. Reviewed by: Verne Gay
    Aug 1, 2011
    ThunderCats fanboys and girls will approve, although the story does feel a lot darker and more violent.
  2. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    Aug 1, 2011
    The template sets up a semi-serialized storyline hewing pretty closely to the original but with some interesting twists.