- Network: Bravo
- Series Premiere Date: Mar 8, 2006
- Summary: Top Chef: Masters competitor Hugh Acheson and Emeril Lagasse join the judges table for the ninth season of the cooking competition with 29 contestants compete for the title of Top Chef in Texas.
- Genre(s): Reality, Game Show, Food & Cooking
- Season 9 premiere date: Feb 29, 2012
- Episode Length: 60
- Air Time: 10:00 PM
- More Details and Credits »
Yes, it still seems, er, fresh, and the addition of Lagasse is a good one. Acheson, on the other hand, is as lively as Padma Lakshmi....But that doesn't mean it's not exciting. In fact, there are lots of interesting challenges this season.
Jul 27, 2012This show is a good idea and not all the drama from other cooking shows where editing will change the context of a entire situation. No longThis show is a good idea and not all the drama from other cooking shows where editing will change the context of a entire situation. No long pauses for no reason, no jump cuts in the middle of a conversation, and quick eliminations and no gimmicks. Here is my major problem with the show. Product placement. Every couple of seconds they are showing the label of a item straight to the camera or whenever they go for a drive or being drove somewhere, they always mention the year and model of the car. Sometimes even to the point that I think they are going into a full blown commercial. It takes away from the show. If they did not focus so much on who their sponsor is, I would of liked it more.… Expand
Published: July 27, 2010Reality competition shows have become a fixture of primetime television over the past decade. Our reality TV expert selects some of the best and worst examples of the genre from the past 10 years.
- By user score