True Blood : Season 3

• Series Premiere Date: Sep 7, 2008
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
7.5

1. Oct 31, 2010
    Gruesomely bad. I loved season one, and thought season two was very good, but season three is just nauseating. It's patently obvious that neither Anna Paquin nor Stephen Moyer believe the lines they're reciting.
    Alan Ball must be off his meds...
  2. Sep 4, 2010
    How the hell is this show on the same network that aired gems like The Wire, Deadwood, The Sopranos? Don't buy into the hype. True Blood is nothing more than a Lifetime Channel soap opera with more nudity, a show put on solely to milk the loathsome fad of vampire romance.
  3. Sep 6, 2010
    Ugly actors, terrible show. A few of the supporting characters are worth watching but the main characters are annoying and should be either muted or avoided if you watch this show.
  4. tst

g
    h
    s
  5. May 20, 2011
    I really enjoyed True Blood Seasons One and Two. I began watching Season 3 with excitement but was quickly disappointed with the direction of things. Seems great emphasis is being placed on homosexual activity. Even amongst those characters that have had traditional heterosexual roles in earlier seasons. If HBO expects to keep their viewers they better stop the homo crap!!!
  6. Jun 9, 2011
    I hate writing this. I was addicted to True Blood seasons 1 and 2. As I watch this season, I can't help feeling sad. It's laughably bad and I mean that I literally laugh out loud at the inane lines. There are way too many plot lines happening leaving no room for explanation of any of it. My wife and I will often look at each other in bewilderment at the new character who just appears forI hate writing this. I was addicted to True Blood seasons 1 and 2. As I watch this season, I can't help feeling sad. It's laughably bad and I mean that I literally laugh out loud at the inane lines. There are way too many plot lines happening leaving no room for explanation of any of it. My wife and I will often look at each other in bewilderment at the new character who just appears for no reason. Or the sheriff just suddenly quits. Shouldn't we see a few episodes of him getting more and more tired of his job first?

The plot lines vacillate wildly back and forth and each plot-line is simply filled with conflict between characters and boring conflict at that. There are many writing mistakes in this season beginning with writing a character for which every scene is required to be inside the same house (the King). Also the plot hinges upon the structure of the merging of the vampire royal hierar.... schhnnnhhnnnnn

The first two seasons were wonderful because we got to see the characters grow and become attached to each other. There was smart satire, sex, suspense, social-commentary, and mystery. This season has characters yelling at each other constantly that has me cheering when another character says to another "that's enough".

It feels like it was written by high-school drama students.

Hint to writers for Season 4. These are the characters I want to see developâ

The show, as fast-paced as ever, is crammed with subplots this season, some of which will be more engaging than others.
  2. The discussion of vampire politics seems toothless at times, but True excels at setting up episode-ending cliffhangers. The episode pacing is superb.
    The werewolves appear ready to supply some interesting, if rough-edged stories, but certain Season 3 plots wouldn't be missed if they faded away.