• Network: HBO
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 7, 2008
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7
7.5

1. Aug 30, 2010
    The thing that makes True Blood remarkable is the energetic gulf between the supernatural and the mundane. Bon Temps is a fictional town fully stocked with the unremarkable and yet the characters are everything but (with only a few rare exceptions such as Marlene). It would be easy to be lulled by the background if someone's head wasn't being ripped off every few minutes. This is a townThe thing that makes True Blood remarkable is the energetic gulf between the supernatural and the mundane. Bon Temps is a fictional town fully stocked with the unremarkable and yet the characters are everything but (with only a few rare exceptions such as Marlene). It would be easy to be lulled by the background if someone's head wasn't being ripped off every few minutes. This is a town where a flamboyant, arrogant, homosexual, drug-dealing angry black man's tirade comes off as comic relief. I suppose the fact that every show begins with a woman screaming is just the writer's way of letting us know it's time to pay attention to the TV again. This excellent work functions as both social commentary and horror-fantasy of the highest order. It's as primal as Andy Bellefleur's advice to Jason Stackhouse: Dick on, conscience off. And everything IS alright! Expand
  2. Aug 28, 2010
    After the relative lull of season 2, True Blood returns - now even bloodier and with 400% more Nazi werewolves, white trash shape shifters, fairies and mad gay vampire kings!
  3. Aug 29, 2010
    A truly magical experience with a stunning cast to boot. Season 3 is the best season yet, and surprisingly, the most action packed -- though the gore and sex never detracts from the overall package.
  4. Aug 12, 2010
    True Blood tv show getting better & better as seasons coming along.True Blood faces very positive review from people.I mainly see the tv show online for free on iwatchtruebloodonline.com .This tv show rocks.
  5. Sep 23, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Amazing cast.

Season 3 was definetly better than the second season. Season finale was a little disappointment compared to what the two episodes before that were promising. Mainly setup for the next season.
  6. Mar 8, 2011
    Remarkable show. Extremely well done, very creative. Great actors. Great fx. Awesome soundtrack. The plot is a little hard to follow with so many things going on, but definitely worth watching.
  7. Jun 27, 2011
    I can't see others point. Russell was my favorite so far in True Blood, and I learned characters true motives. I couldn't wait to find out what happens next in season 4!
  8. May 22, 2012
    Can I have my review deleted, please? Thank you it is as follows:

Can I have my review deleted, please? Thank you it is as follows:

Back when True Blood started, it was a tale of vampire meets girl. Its premise sounded dull and not very intriguing, more so than any other show on HBO. It was also released amongst the still ongoing Twilight craze, people will still roll their eyes when they hear the word " vampire." True Blood had everything going against it, yet it still became a success. Why? It's mainly because it is more appealing in the way that it's more sophisticated than Twilight, it is a show with cleverness, depth, strong characters, dark comedy, and a strong sense of reality (this show constantly amuses itself and us by letting us know that it knows it is full of itself.) So then, why has the show gone from amazingly great to extremely bad? It's because it went in over its head; it turned into the exact opposite of what it was supposed to be. The show divides its time between story lines that aren't interesting, it has turned the characters into the stereotypes they were trying not to be, and the show became too full of itself and this time nobody is laughing. I've watched every episode of season three and I'm not saying that it changed for the worse, rather it just lost sight of what it means to be an actually good show, hopefully only for the moment. This was an off season, like the first eight episodes of season two were, but instead it dragged on for the whole season without any improvement. Hopefully Alan Ball, the creator of the show, will get things on track again with season four, but I am no longer eagerly waiting for summer, not after this season's extremely disappointing finale.
  9. Aug 26, 2012
    Possibly one of the best seasons of True Blood, that has much more suspense and jaw-dropping twists than the previous seasons and Dennis O'Hare does a brilliant performance as the new villain.
  10. Jul 10, 2012
    The third season of True Blood really shows that the writers have really mastered the villain, and it really shows in the quality of this season. Yes, Russel is a psycho vampire, but he has a personality that's equally (and impressively) as dark and deranged. Bill and Sookie are as dumb as ever, but True Blood's third season follows the show's tradition of improving season by season.
  11. Oct 10, 2013
    Very addicting. Season three is really great. The only thing annoying about this season is the infuriating beginning of a love triangle, which is so over done.

The show, as fast-paced as ever, is crammed with subplots this season, some of which will be more engaging than others.
  2. The discussion of vampire politics seems toothless at times, but True excels at setting up episode-ending cliffhangers. The episode pacing is superb.
    The werewolves appear ready to supply some interesting, if rough-edged stories, but certain Season 3 plots wouldn't be missed if they faded away.