True Blood : Season 3

• Series Premiere Date: Sep 7, 2008
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
7.5

1. Sep 29, 2011
    When I for the first heard that there was made TV show of the Sookie Stackhouse books. I was excited, the first season was super great and the second was great. but now is the show is losing the freshness and the funny things of the books. I love the books, but are not following the books. It's a very disappointment.
  2. Dec 20, 2013
    Season three isn't quite as entertaining as season two, but it's an improvement over season one as well. Too many new characters are introduced and it's hard to connect with them on a personal level, unlike a majority of the others present in the show. Nonetheless, True Blood still keeps its remarkable balance between great television and shallow mediocrity tipped in its favor and theSeason three isn't quite as entertaining as season two, but it's an improvement over season one as well. Too many new characters are introduced and it's hard to connect with them on a personal level, unlike a majority of the others present in the show. Nonetheless, True Blood still keeps its remarkable balance between great television and shallow mediocrity tipped in its favor and the result is a rather grand spectacle of comedy, action, horror, and fantasy. Just a warning, however, that this season ends on a rather ridiculous note, but it's not a major blow to season three overall. Worth watching in my book. Expand
  3. Sep 17, 2010
    I've been a fan of True Blood from season one but my interest has been thinning out with subsequent seasons. Season 3 has taken a Twilight turn to its detriment with the introduction of the werewolves. What originality there was in the beginning has been eroded with what seems to be a repetition of sub-plots from season 2. The King and Queen added nothing. Sookie discovering what sheI've been a fan of True Blood from season one but my interest has been thinning out with subsequent seasons. Season 3 has taken a Twilight turn to its detriment with the introduction of the werewolves. What originality there was in the beginning has been eroded with what seems to be a repetition of sub-plots from season 2. The King and Queen added nothing. Sookie discovering what she really is a let down and "f$%&ing lame" as she so aptly said.
    In essence, this show should either come to an end in Season 4 or be amped up. Season 3 while somewhat entertaining, will somehow end up disappointing.
  4. Aug 30, 2010
    The thing that makes True Blood remarkable is the energetic gulf between the supernatural and the mundane. Bon Temps is a fictional town fully stocked with the unremarkable and yet the characters are everything but (with only a few rare exceptions such as Marlene). It would be easy to be lulled by the background if someone's head wasn't being ripped off every few minutes. This is a townThe thing that makes True Blood remarkable is the energetic gulf between the supernatural and the mundane. Bon Temps is a fictional town fully stocked with the unremarkable and yet the characters are everything but (with only a few rare exceptions such as Marlene). It would be easy to be lulled by the background if someone's head wasn't being ripped off every few minutes. This is a town where a flamboyant, arrogant, homosexual, drug-dealing angry black man's tirade comes off as comic relief. I suppose the fact that every show begins with a woman screaming is just the writer's way of letting us know it's time to pay attention to the TV again. This excellent work functions as both social commentary and horror-fantasy of the highest order. It's as primal as Andy Bellefleur's advice to Jason Stackhouse: Dick on, conscience off. And everything IS alright! Expand
  5. Jeremy
    Jun 14, 2010
    I'm very excited that true blood has started. It is a fantastic show. I highly recommend it to any and everyone.
  6. Aug 28, 2010
    After the relative lull of season 2, True Blood returns - now even bloodier and with 400% more Nazi werewolves, white trash shape shifters, fairies and mad gay vampire kings!
  7. OwenH.
    Jun 14, 2010
    My blood lust finally sated!
  8. AngelM.
    Jun 13, 2010
    I love this show, its so hard to resist it, and after its over, you go through withdrawals. True Blood is a drug, but a healthy one.
  9. Nov 14, 2010
    I was skeptical of this show considering how annoying I find the Twilight-esque teen vampire fad to be. After finally relenting, I sat down with some friends and watched the show and I can definitely say that it deviates enough from the overall vampire fad to be watchable. I'm afraid that season 4 will be a little too far-out to keep me interested, but it's still worth checking out for now.
  10. Mar 8, 2011
    Remarkable show. Extremely well done, very creative. Great actors. Great fx. Awesome soundtrack. The plot is a little hard to follow with so many things going on, but definitely worth watching.
  11. Jun 27, 2011
    I can't see others point. Russell was my favorite so far in True Blood, and I learned characters true motives. I couldn't wait to find out what happens next in season 4!
  12. Aug 12, 2010
    True Blood tv show getting better & better as seasons coming along.True Blood faces very positive review from people.I mainly see the tv show online for free on iwatchtruebloodonline.com .This tv show rocks.
  13. Oct 13, 2010
    It's remarkable that the show has continued to improve with each passing season and season 3 is an incredible ride. An outstanding performance from Denis O'Hare, True Blood season 3 is more gripping, more bloody than before. It loses a bit of pace towards the end however this is still a an outstanding vampire show.
  14. Sep 23, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Amazing cast.

Season 3 was definetly better than the second season. Season finale was a little disappointment compared to what the two episodes before that were promising. Mainly setup for the next season.
  15. May 22, 2012
    Can I have my review deleted, please? Thank you it is as follows:

Can I have my review deleted, please? Thank you it is as follows:

Back when True Blood started, it was a tale of vampire meets girl. Its premise sounded dull and not very intriguing, more so than any other show on HBO. It was also released amongst the still ongoing Twilight craze, people will still roll their eyes when they hear the word " vampire." True Blood had everything going against it, yet it still became a success. Why? It's mainly because it is more appealing in the way that it's more sophisticated than Twilight, it is a show with cleverness, depth, strong characters, dark comedy, and a strong sense of reality (this show constantly amuses itself and us by letting us know that it knows it is full of itself.) So then, why has the show gone from amazingly great to extremely bad? It's because it went in over its head; it turned into the exact opposite of what it was supposed to be. The show divides its time between story lines that aren't interesting, it has turned the characters into the stereotypes they were trying not to be, and the show became too full of itself and this time nobody is laughing. I've watched every episode of season three and I'm not saying that it changed for the worse, rather it just lost sight of what it means to be an actually good show, hopefully only for the moment. This was an off season, like the first eight episodes of season two were, but instead it dragged on for the whole season without any improvement. Hopefully Alan Ball, the creator of the show, will get things on track again with season four, but I am no longer eagerly waiting for summer, not after this season's extremely disappointing finale.
  16. Jun 22, 2011
    I'm not a fan of vampire shows. But this one is probably the best out there. It has interesting characters and doesn't centre only on vampires. There are also other 'creatures' involved. What I didn't like was, that each season is one story the seasons themselves do not connect to a greater story line. also everything seems to be very linear, it is like watching someone play a computerI'm not a fan of vampire shows. But this one is probably the best out there. It has interesting characters and doesn't centre only on vampires. There are also other 'creatures' involved. What I didn't like was, that each season is one story the seasons themselves do not connect to a greater story line. also everything seems to be very linear, it is like watching someone play a computer game, where at the end they defeat the big monster. Expand
  17. Aug 26, 2012
    Possibly one of the best seasons of True Blood, that has much more suspense and jaw-dropping twists than the previous seasons and Dennis O'Hare does a brilliant performance as the new villain.
  18. Apr 28, 2012
    True Blood season three is by far the better out of the first three seasons, because it had a likeable antagonist, more suspense and had heaps of action packed moments. This season still provides the humour and performances that I still liked from season one.
  19. Jul 10, 2012
    The third season of True Blood really shows that the writers have really mastered the villain, and it really shows in the quality of this season. Yes, Russel is a psycho vampire, but he has a personality that's equally (and impressively) as dark and deranged. Bill and Sookie are as dumb as ever, but True Blood's third season follows the show's tradition of improving season by season.
  20. Aug 10, 2013
    Ok, I must admit that this show is as addicting as taking V is to the characters. So maybe I'm a little biased. However, this takes vampire shows far away from the stupid, mundane, romantically moronic stage its been in in a great way. Yeah, the characters are ugly and lifelike I totally dig it! No sparkly images of vampire perfection here! the vamps are raw, gory, and brutal, but they'reOk, I must admit that this show is as addicting as taking V is to the characters. So maybe I'm a little biased. However, this takes vampire shows far away from the stupid, mundane, romantically moronic stage its been in in a great way. Yeah, the characters are ugly and lifelike I totally dig it! No sparkly images of vampire perfection here! the vamps are raw, gory, and brutal, but they're really just humans that have been around for a long time nothing too cheesy here. Maybe they just seem ugly because they look usually do look dead once in awhile there will be a shot of Bill or Eric where they're actually really hot, and its surprising. Maybe these actors are actually attractive in real life! I appreciate the show for how it combines the very real and lifelike settings and characters (you feel like you've met these people before) with the supernatural. Yeah, it can feel a little cluttered with new characters, and sometimes the attempt at suspense is obnoxious (like how long we have to wait to find out "what Sookie is," and the back and forth drama of whether or not Bill actually loves Sookie, if he can be trusted, etc.) In some places the show would have been better to stick with the stories in the book not so manipulated. Also annoying is Tara's tormented soul performance inner turmoil does not have to, and usually doesn't, play out on the face. That's why it's called "inner." And Thank You for not killing off Lafayette in the first book! He's one of the best characters yet. But even though I thought Sookie was annoying at first, I've grown to love her girlishness, her hot temper, her voracious sexual imagination and her larger than life confidence. Reminds me of some 20 some year old women I know! Expand
  21. Oct 10, 2013
    Very addicting. Season three is really great. The only thing annoying about this season is the infuriating beginning of a love triangle, which is so over done.
  22. Dec 29, 2014
    The more I think about it the more obvious it's gonna get - this is the season when it started to go wrong. Characters such as Sam and Tara were cut off from the main story and got some weird personal things to do. And the season's main arc itself went to nowhere as the season progressed.

It's gonna sound weird, but what "True Blood" should have done in this season (Which itself isn't bad, but affects the rest of the show) is to actually kill of some unimportant characters to make it feel like something matters or is at stake.
  23. Aug 19, 2014
  24. Mar 30, 2015
    Season three is just as entertaining as season two, and it's an improvement over season one as well. Too many new characters are introduced and it's hard to connect with them on a personal level, unlike a majority of the others present in the show. Nonetheless, True Blood still keeps its remarkable balance between great television and shallow mediocrity tipped in its favor and the resultSeason three is just as entertaining as season two, and it's an improvement over season one as well. Too many new characters are introduced and it's hard to connect with them on a personal level, unlike a majority of the others present in the show. Nonetheless, True Blood still keeps its remarkable balance between great television and shallow mediocrity tipped in its favor and the result is a rather grand spectacle of comedy, action, horror, and fantasy. Just a warning, however, that this season ends on a rather ridiculous note, but it's not a major blow to season three overall. Worth watching in my book. Expand
  25. Aug 17, 2015
    Season three is just as entertaining as season two, and it's an improvement over season one as well. Too many new characters are introduced and it's hard to connect with them on a personal level, unlike a majority of the others present in the show. Nonetheless, True Blood still keeps its remarkable balance between great television and shallow mediocrity tipped in its favor and the resultSeason three is just as entertaining as season two, and it's an improvement over season one as well. Too many new characters are introduced and it's hard to connect with them on a personal level, unlike a majority of the others present in the show. Nonetheless, True Blood still keeps its remarkable balance between great television and shallow mediocrity tipped in its favor and the result is a rather grand spectacle of comedy, action, horror, and fantasy. Expand

The show, as fast-paced as ever, is crammed with subplots this season, some of which will be more engaging than others.
  2. The discussion of vampire politics seems toothless at times, but True excels at setting up episode-ending cliffhangers. The episode pacing is superb.
    The werewolves appear ready to supply some interesting, if rough-edged stories, but certain Season 3 plots wouldn't be missed if they faded away.