• Network: HBO
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 7, 2008
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
7.5

1. Nov 23, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. What the hell happened?? This show WAS one of my favorites. Lame, boring, disappoints me! Crystal and her "group" just disappeared, for instance (can they explain that?). Season finale was terrible! Expand
  2. Aug 21, 2011
    I saw erics bum on trueblood tonight time to tweet about it or facebook it or tell all my girlfriends to come over so we can watch it in slow motion i hate what the writers did to this show sookies a stuck up sweaty **** and just lost all my respect for this show !!!! I hate that theres no good story lines yinz f'd up big time but managed to make millions and millions of girls wet f*ck offI saw erics bum on trueblood tonight time to tweet about it or facebook it or tell all my girlfriends to come over so we can watch it in slow motion i hate what the writers did to this show sookies a stuck up sweaty **** and just lost all my respect for this show !!!! I hate that theres no good story lines yinz f'd up big time but managed to make millions and millions of girls wet f*ck off get ur minds right and start making better sh*t u f*gg*ots Expand
  3. Jun 27, 2011
    Twilight with T&A, too many monsters and too many characters overpopulate this supposedly small southern town. Seems like everyone has a power now, so much that the humans are an endangered species on this show. The plots go in circles (see the increasingly tedious SookieBillEric triangle; anything involving an angry Tara getting brainwashed or tortured or getting drunk or feeling sorryTwilight with T&A, too many monsters and too many characters overpopulate this supposedly small southern town. Seems like everyone has a power now, so much that the humans are an endangered species on this show. The plots go in circles (see the increasingly tedious SookieBillEric triangle; anything involving an angry Tara getting brainwashed or tortured or getting drunk or feeling sorry for herself) and some just come out of nowhere (Sam is now an angry drunk?). Expand
  4. Jul 4, 2011
    I cried because I had no shoes....until I met a man who had to sit and watch this ridiculous crap. "If you sit here and watch this show I'll give you my shoes", said the man.

"No", I replied. "But you have no shoes!" he exclaimed. "That is correct", I said. "And I really wish I had shoes. But not like this, man. Not like this." Then my best friend AL wheeled up in his

"No", I replied.

"But you have no shoes!" he exclaimed.

Then my best friend AL wheeled up in his wheelchair. "What's this?", asked AL.

"This guy has to sit here and watch True Blood", I said.

"Oh my God!", said AL, clearly horrified. "WHY???"

"I don't know", said the man. "I just started watching it a few years ago"

"Did you ever like it?", asked AL

"What?"

"The show. Did you like it. Did you ever enjoy watching True Blood"

"I....well....I..."

A look of realization, then shock, then pain crossed the man's face. The agony and betrayal burned into his features. AL and I had seen this type of thing before and it never got any easier to watch.

"It will get better, won't it?" pleaded the man. "I mean, it's HBO right? It will all be ok, won't it?"

I put my arm around the man. "No, my friend", I said in a Spanish accent. "Never will it improve. It saddens me to see this happen to you, a good man. But I fear your fate is sealed".

"Why are you talking in a Spanish accent?", asked AL.

"I dunno! Hahahaha. Hey it's dollar Chalupa night , does Sharon have yoga?"

"Yeah!", said AL. "She isn't back until nine and I sure am hungry!"

"Let's go then!"

And so it came to pass that me and AL ate like, four Chalupas each and were completely stuffed and went back to my place and played Call of Duty until he had to get back to Sharon.
  5. Oct 19, 2013
    for me this (and another season) is the worst season of true blood so far, the season ended well but the outcome they did to her was a disaster and this is also the season that I began to pray for the death of sookie
  6. Dec 29, 2014
    It was quite painful to watch this fourth season, to be honest. Week after week I hoped to see something that would actually matter. Every single one, I repeat EVERY SINGLE ONE of "True Blood's" episodes ends with a cliff-changer and EVERY SINGLE ONE of them is solved within the first 5 seconds of the next episode and then the show just moves on like that never happened. I mean if youIt was quite painful to watch this fourth season, to be honest. Week after week I hoped to see something that would actually matter. Every single one, I repeat EVERY SINGLE ONE of "True Blood's" episodes ends with a cliff-changer and EVERY SINGLE ONE of them is solved within the first 5 seconds of the next episode and then the show just moves on like that never happened. I mean if you watch some show for 4 seasons you'd except some development or maturity?

P.S. Thank Lilith that this is the only season with witches in it.

1. Reviewed by: Curt Wagner
    Aug 1, 2011
    True Blood works best when its freak flag flies--as long as its core characters are along for the ride.
  2. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    Jun 29, 2011
    Blood creator Alan Ball knows how to juggle multiple pretty people and knotty, danger-stuffed story lines for the maximum amount of breathless romance and over-the-top action.
  3. Reviewed by: Dan Fienberg
    Jun 27, 2011
    True Blood returns on Sunday (June 26) night with too many new characters, not enough time with the characters I like, a general evasion of the most prickly parts of last season's finale, some plodding hints at a lumbering dramatic direction for this season and some breasts.